Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2012, 09:56 AM   #16
DeanDoug
Mouseketeer

Leaving Disney to go to Wawa would be like leaving Disney to go to Subway (er, well, maybe even 7-11). DON'T DO IT! Waste of your time. It is NO In and Out Burger... now THAT might be worth the trip.
Old 08-25-2012, 12:06 PM   #17
Itinkso
Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEK224 View Post
I like the soups at Wawa. The chicken corn chowder is my favorite and the lobster bisque is very good too!
I had checked the menu but hadn't seen the soup selection. They all sound pretty good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlovesC View Post
Convenience stores down here are pretty disgusting with the exception of a few RaceTrak's, but it's just not the same.
DD has lived in Orlando for two years now and we try to have new experiences whenever we visit - shopping at Publix and Winn-Dixie and eating Blue Bell Ice cream were our adventures in April!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubreysmom09 View Post
I love their coffee, and breakfast sandwichs.
Another vote for coffee - will try it for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine View Post
My DD used to stop there and get sandwiches a few times a month after school. After getting sick twice, she stopped
Our goal is not to get food poisoning prior to the cruise; on that note, DD had her worst case of food poisoning on our last night of a WDW trip where we ate on WDW property for all meals Sadly, it can happen anywhere...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyg403 View Post
WaWa's is an institution for some people...
Kelly
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanDoug View Post
It is NO In and Out Burger... now THAT might be worth the trip.
In and Out is an institution for DD - it's her fave restaurant; when she has flown back to Cali, we had to drive from the airport directly to the closest In and Out !

Thanks for all these comments! We will work Wawa into our "Girls' Trip" adventures as I know we will be out and about in all areas of Orlando!
WDW 6/14 - Off-site; 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - Off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean
Itinkso is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-25-2012, 12:13 PM   #18
TheRatPack
Under penalty of law this tag not to be removed except by the tagfairy!

I've never heard of it.....I thought it was a short way of saying Walmart LOL. Maybe we'll have to swing in to a WaWa and see what they offer.

TheRatPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 12:15 PM   #19
nmills
Mouseketeer

Coffee! They also have great little snack packs that my kids love, it has cheese, grapes, apples and some kind of raisin bread. You can't go wrong with any of their hoagies or soups either.
nmills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 05:05 PM   #20
jennylyn_b
Disney Fan for Life :)

LOL I am not being mean but I thought this was a joke! Personally I would never eat in a Wawa or other convienence store. However, have a great time and good luck!

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
jennylyn_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 05:10 PM   #21
BlovesC
home is where the Yeti is!
When the ride attendants ask me to tug on the yellow strap on my seatbelt, I never do it. I just stare at them in defiance

Location: Originally Jersey Shore, now Central FL (hopefully not for much longer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennylyn_b View Post
LOL I am not being mean but I thought this was a joke! Personally I would never eat in a Wawa or other convienence store. However, have a great time and good luck!

Have you never gotten a burger from McDonalds? It's pretty much the same thing; fast food. It's not exactly like buying a hot dog from 7-11; WaWa has a huge hot food/deli section with a long counter of sandwich toppings and workers who are there specifically to build your sandwiches. The guy who pumps your gas doesn't just hand you a hoagie.
BlovesC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 05:30 PM   #22
Itinkso
Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRatPack View Post
...I thought it was a short way of saying Walmart LOL.
I'm a speech therapist and thought DD was at first mispronouncing it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmills View Post
Coffee! They also have great little snack packs that my kids love, it has cheese, grapes, apples and some kind of raisin bread. You can't go wrong with any of their hoagies or soups either.
Thanks! Might have to try one of the soups!

Quote:
LOL I am not being mean but I thought this was a joke! Personally I would never eat in a Wawa or other convienence store.
Thanks! Well, we like to be open-minded and we will try it. DH and I traveled through France a few weeks ago and our group stopped at an "Autogrille," yes, a foodcourt at a rest stop where we ate a well-prepared French meal! Actually, I think there are more positive comments about Wawa then there are for Kouzzina on another thread! At least I know we can check out Wawa and have a good idea of what to try. It also sounds like Wawa coffee is much better than what is served by DCL.
WDW 6/14 - Off-site; 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - Off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean
Old 08-25-2012, 06:15 PM   #23
LoveMyMoos
Mouseketeer

Coffee. Coffee. And more coffee. I'm from the NE and love WaWa but the closest one to us is in VA. I love their coffee. I have a travel mug and pick up a bag whenever I can. I got my mom WaWa coffee for Mother's Day lol. I cannot wait to hit up WaWa when I head down for my Feb trip.
Nov 2013 POFQ Wine and Dine 1/2 Marathon Jan 2014 Paradise Pier DL Tink 1/2 Marathon Feb 2014 Contemporary Glass Slipper Challenge
Feb 2015 POR Princess 1/2 Marathon
LoveMyMoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:33 PM   #24
Brook1099
DIS Veteran

Coffee with french vanilla creamer

Hard Rolls

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Milkshakes

Sweet Cream Cheese Pretzels

Turkey Sausage Breakfast Sandwich

Diet Green Tea

Bowls ( meat, gravy, potatoes) when they offer them around the holidays
Brook1099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:57 PM   #25
mjmyers10
Mouseketeer

They have great Mac & Cheese. Also, their iced tea is good.
mjmyers10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 10:48 PM   #26
Itinkso
Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMyMoos View Post
Coffee. Coffee. And more coffee.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brook1099 View Post
Coffee with french vanilla creamer
Hard Rolls Chocolate Chip Cookies Milkshakes Sweet Cream Cheese Pretzels
Turkey Sausage Breakfast Sandwich Diet Green Tea
Bowls ( meat, gravy, potatoes) when they offer them around the holidays
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjmyers10 View Post
They have great Mac & Cheese. Also, their iced tea is good.
Thank you! Now we know what to try on our first visit and DD will now have a list of items to try on subsequent visits!
Old 08-25-2012, 11:25 PM   #27
gwmort
DIS Veteran

WAWA eggnog is the best I've ever had in the entire world (the convenience stores actually started as an outlet for their dairy), it sells out here quick when delivered around the holidays, try to get some if you can.
gwmort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:03 AM   #28
Itinkso
Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwmort View Post
WAWA eggnog is the best I've ever had in the entire world (the convenience stores actually started as an outlet for their dairy), it sells out here quick when delivered around the holidays, try to get some if you can.
Thanks! I'll pass on the info to DD; DH and I don't plan on visiting over the Holidays but maybe I can entice him with promises of great coffee, eggnog and other Wawa goodies!

I am glad I asked this question because of all the great replies!
Old 08-26-2012, 12:10 AM   #29
tinkerbella16
DIS Veteran

Being from Jersey, Wawa is on almost every corner where I live and I honestly don't know what I'd do without it!!! There is so much to try, and everything I've had over the years has always been good.. My two favorites are-

#1- Turkey Bacon Ranch Ciabatta.. this sandwich is SOOOOOO GOOD!!!!

#2- Meatball Sandwich with grated cheese.. I am picky with meatballs and only like my families lol and I love Wawas!

Wawa has the best coffee too. I also forgot my favorite snack from Wawa would have to be the Sweet Cream Cheese Pretzel.. YUM!!!!!!!!

Enjoy!

tinkerbella16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:18 AM   #30
tinkerbella16
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Wawa is no 7/11 or like any other convenience store for that matter, that's for sure! You can't even compare them and the food is VERY good! What I order at Wawa, you can't even get at a convenience store. Don't knock it till you try it!! Obviously they are doing something right, if people in other states are asking about it!

tinkerbella16 is offline   Reply With Quote