Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2012, 11:58 PM   #31
Phoenixblue
Mouseketeer

I am so sorry you are having to deal with all this.
But I do have more and being sent your way.

I hope they help a bit.

I know its hard, but take a deep breath and just hang in there (my mom has some serious medical issues too, so I see every day how hard it can be).
As hard as it is, know many of us are thinking of you and sending and every day.

Phoenixblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:51 AM   #32
Disney Khi
DIS Veteran

Disney Khi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:19 AM   #33
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me
i cannot wear anything between my toes

i'm so sorry. sending more pixie dust and prayers your way.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:08 PM   #34
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

So sorry that you've hit this snag! Continued hope & prayers that it's a short, temporary bump, and that you'll be on your way to feeling better really soon!

Sayhello
sayhello is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:08 PM   #35
corky441

It's not the pace of life than concerns me... it's the sudden stop at the end.

I'm so sorry to hear about your health problems.

Sending truckloads of Pixie Dust and healing thoughts your way

Me & DH(Dino) Kelly K.C. Magoo Emmett
corky441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:49 PM   #36
Kristina
DIS Veteran

Oh no! I am so sorry to hear of this turn and that you are feeling so sad also . Lots of hugs and best wishes being sent for you!!

Kristina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 05:27 PM   #37
baby1disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by *NikkiBell* View Post
Melissa, I have been wondering about how you were doing. I am glad that you decided to seek comfort here. Know that we are here for you!

I would speak with the doctor's call service about the swelling and be persistent. The mind can be a terrible thing sometimes and not knowing what is really causing it or if it is some other type of reaction will make you feel worse.

Hugs.
I work in a doctor's office (I'm a CMA) and I get this every day!! I'm telling you right now, it's better for you to call and get it figured out than to wait around and see what happens. You'll feel better and so will your family.

I'm so sorry that you're going thru this!! But, you have a HUGE family on here and if you need to vent, go right ahead!!
OKWw/DF and DS and inlaws--October 2007
AKV w/DH, DS and inlaws--March 2009
SSR w/Inlaws--October 2010
baby1disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:14 PM   #38
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneym2m View Post
Hi again everyone:

Well it appears that all the prayers, thoughts, and pixie dust, etc. has worn off .

I saw the kidney doctor today and my news is worse. My kidney creatinine level has shot up from 3.2 to 4.9 and my feet and ankles are still swollen. My blood pressure has sky rocketed to 210/70 (yes I had to go to the emergency room today, where of course they did nothing to help).

My surgical procedure will have to be postponed until my kidney levels straighten out.

Tomorrow I start new meds for the kidneys and the high blood pressure. We will see what happens .

I am so exhausted and all I do is cry . My hormone level must really be out of whack. I know this isn't even the start to the worst that has yet to begin, but I just don't know what to do anymore. I just want to feel a little better.

Sigh.
I'm sorry to hear this news. Hang in there. Listen to your doctors and force your mind to focus on positive thoughts.

One of the things that has helped me in the past has been to start a gratitude journal. List three things you are thankful for everyday before you go to bed. It helps you refocus and concentrate on things other than what is bothering you. Google it. They don't have to be big things, but this is a powerful exercise.

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter

2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
*NikkiBell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:49 PM   #39
disneym2m
I am only allowed to visit Disney World once every five years... darn husband. Co-host of the Virginia Dis Meet 2011.

Hi everyone:

First of all, I just want to thank everyone for your kinds words and support. It truly helps and gives me hope.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you.......

Second, here is the bad news.....

So my creatinine level has been rising for the last 3 weeks, so the kidney doctor took me off my kidney meds. I saw the kidney doctor yesterday and he just as confused as I am as to why I have been rock solid for 10 years and in 4 weeks my kidney levels have sky rocketed.

He mentioned dialysis and I just lost it.

The plan right now is to increase my blood pressure medication to help with the high blood pressure. This is the first priority. Good news. My blood pressure has been 200/70 and after one dose of the new blood pressure meds, the blood pressure has come down to 168/88. I am excited about this, but know I still have a ways to go.

The doctor also increased the meds to help with the swelling. This morning I can actually bend my toes, so I am taking that as a good sign. But again I know I still have a way to go.

The doctor is giving my a couple of weeks to see if my creatinine level will drop on its own. If it doesn't then I start dialysis.

The one I have learned over the years, about my self, is that I am a fighter. I get bad news from the doctor, I cry then the next day I am doing research and such. So today I have been educating my self on dialysis. I am also looking into either John Hopkins or the Joslin Diabetes Center for a second opinion (because you never know).

And on the fun side, I am trying to milk a WDW trip out of my husband by using this illness..... I know that is wrong but hey, Disney does cheer me up.

Last edited by disneym2m; 09-06-2012 at 05:21 PM.
disneym2m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:08 PM   #40
mdvlprof
DIS Veteran

More prayers and and

MK [EPCOT under construction] 3/82, WDW 7/99, WDW/DCL 7/02, Indy DIS 9/10, PCC DCL/WDW 12/10Indy DIS 9/11 PCC DCL/WDW 12/12DAP 12/13Indy DIS 9/14PCC DCL/WDW11/14
Cruised: DCL, CCL, X, RCCL, NCL
mdvlprof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:37 PM   #41
mjtm610
Mouseketeer

Hang in there! There are always "hiccups" along the way. Remember this is a long race and it takes time to get better. Take it day by day and remember how many people are thinking and praying for you! Prayers are more powerful than anything that might happen! And of course LOTS of pixie dust!
mjtm610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:16 PM   #42
DisneyCrazyX5
Do you know any cats?
But I can't find the clippie

sending many prayers and pixies and I think a Disney trip helps everything
DisneyCrazyX5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:09 AM   #43
safetymom
Have will travel
ABD trips = clothes optional

Sending more prayers and pixie dust. Feel free to vent here, we are all here to listen.
safetymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:57 AM   #44
Luisa
Mouseketeer

Sending lots and lots of good thoughts your way!!

My dad is both diabetic and on dialysis and just recently has been through the terrible swelling too, so I can understand a little just how bad you are feeling. Apparently dads swelling is to do with his liver- this week he was diagnosed with a fatty liver and cirrhosis and this can contribute to a fluid build up.

I truly hope that your levels get back under control and that this is just a badly timed glitch for you.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Dec '99 & Dec '05 - Disneyland, Oct '08 - Disneyland Hong Kong, Dec '09 - WDW, 2011 - turned 40 at Disneyland in January!, Dec '11 - Tokyo Disneyland, Dec '12 WDW & Disneyland, Nov 2013 Return to Disneyland!, Nov/Dec 2015 -my mums first Disney experience - and another Disneyland visit for me!
Luisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:32 AM   #45
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!

DISboards Moderator

Sending good thoughts your way.

Here's hoping that you conquer this and move on.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: