Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2012, 02:05 PM   #31
MightyDuck001
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZellyB View Post
Are the skirts longer than the ones at Target? They seem that way from the website, but I'm not sure.
They are cut differently with the target being a little more snugger on the hips and stopping higher on the thigh. The Sparkle skirts until recently didn't have an a-line shape so there's a little more bounce, length, and looseness to the skirts and just length in the shorts (though Leah has started doing some A lines and I have no idea how those fit).
MightyDuck001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:26 PM   #32
Ariel484
DIS Veteran

I wish they'd come out with some more solid-color skirts. They used to have a royal blue and aqua...now the only solid colored one is black. A dark grey or something like that would be nice.
Ariel484 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-06-2012, 01:49 PM   #33
Rupert B Puppenstein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel484 View Post
I wish they'd come out with some more solid-color skirts. They used to have a royal blue and aqua...now the only solid colored one is black. A dark grey or something like that would be nice.
That is where running skirts, and other similar non-sparkly brands seem to do a lot better. But, both Team Sparkle and Sparkle Skirts seem to target the Disney race market, so that is what is popular when you go to Disney.

What problems did people have with Running Skirts or Sport Skirts? I haven't tried either yet, but like some of their designs too.
Old 09-06-2012, 01:52 PM   #34
Ariel484
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert B Puppenstein View Post
That is where running skirts, and other similar non-sparkly brands seem to do a lot better. But, both Team Sparkle and Sparkle Skirts seem to target the Disney race market, so that is what is popular when you go to Disney.

What problems did people have with Running Skirts or Sport Skirts? I haven't tried either yet, but like some of their designs too.
Yeah, I figured. I just sent Leah (head of SparkleSkirts) an email asking about solid-colored ones...we'll see what she says.

I haven't tried Running Skirts or Sport Skirts...the good thing about these brands is that I think you can find them on runningwarehouse.com on clearance from time to time. I tried a Nike running skirt a long time ago and the undershorts didn't stay put. SparkleSkirts have been better for me.
Old 09-06-2012, 02:42 PM   #35
rocio
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I like both my Running Skirt and SportSkirt but they're not my favorite skirt. Like I said, my Sparkle Tech is my favorite now that I own it. Before then, my Running Skirt was my favorite. Both the shorts still ride up a little and that has never happened with my Sparkle tech. I also just like the bigger pockets in my Sparkle Tech. I never need a belt with them. The other two are fine, but I like SparkleSkirts (the tech ones) better. Maybe they just fit my body type best. But those shorts under the Sparkle Techs really are compression shorts. They don't move.
rocio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:08 PM   #36
Qltrgrl2
DIS Veteran

My Minnie Sparkle Tech is my favorite skirt. However, I only wear it for races and wear my Target C9 skirts for training. I do plan to buy some plan Sparkle tech because I love the pockets/ storage.
Qltrgrl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:10 PM   #37
irishtwins1112
Mouseketeer

DH let me use our date money for this month to buy a sparkle skirt. I have never had one before and I just had to have one after reading some reviews from runners on here. It was going to be 72 + shipping and came out to 94 and change. Anyway....I ordered it last night with 2nd day ups to make sure it would arrive in time for the Disney Marathon. This morning I received a call from "Tom" of SparkleTech. He said that he noticed that I was in Alabama, and that my skirt should arrive Friday or Saturday(since they are in FL) with regular shipping. He was calling to let me know that they would be crediting 16-17 dollars back to my card since I didn't need the 2nd day ups. That was very nice! After hearing all the good things about these skirts I love the company even more. They really do appear to be looking out for the customer!
Old 01-02-2013, 02:18 PM   #38
magicLAL12
Mouseketeer

I just purchased an Aqua SparkleSkirt for the 2013 marathon. I've only tried it on around my house, but I found it to be perfect for Disney, with lots of bounce and of course sparkle.

I chose to just order the skirt, not the tech-skirt with the shorts underneath, mainly because I am very picky about what I wear as shorts.

I found a pair of UA Compression underwear which I plan on wearing rather than normal spandex shorts- they look just like normal spandex (with about 4 inches of fabric on legs)not underwear, but the seams are placed much differently so that no uncomfortable chafing occurs. I wore them yesterday for an 8 mile run and they didn't ride up one bit- or chafe.. which was great!

Hope this helps

Just a Running Couple that Refuses to Grow Up.
June 2012: College Graduation Celebration; Animal Kingdom Villas, Kidani Village.
January 2013: My First Marathon; 20th Anniversary WDW Marathon; Boardwalk Villas
Next up: January 2014: Hooked..We're Running again; Boardwalk Villas, split-stay

magicLAL12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:13 PM   #39
Ariel484
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishtwins1112 View Post
DH let me use our date money for this month to buy a sparkle skirt. I have never had one before and I just had to have one after reading some reviews from runners on here. It was going to be 72 + shipping and came out to 94 and change. Anyway....I ordered it last night with 2nd day ups to make sure it would arrive in time for the Disney Marathon. This morning I received a call from "Tom" of SparkleTech. He said that he noticed that I was in Alabama, and that my skirt should arrive Friday or Saturday(since they are in FL) with regular shipping. He was calling to let me know that they would be crediting 16-17 dollars back to my card since I didn't need the 2nd day ups. That was very nice! After hearing all the good things about these skirts I love the company even more. They really do appear to be looking out for the customer!
That is awesome! I'm considering ordering one of the peacock skirts...hmm.

I just read on their Facebook page that if you order a skirt for marathon weekend they will HAND DELIVER it to your Disney resort. How awesome is that?!
Old 01-02-2013, 03:19 PM   #40
Rupert B Puppenstein
DIS Veteran

I thought there was a way to just pick the skirt up at the Expo or through your resort. Definitely a nice feature. I didn't even look at the program to see if they were going to be there.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:21 PM   #41
Ariel484
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I thought there was a way to just pick the skirt up at the Expo or through your resort. Definitely a nice feature. I didn't even look at the program to see if they were going to be there.
They aren't. They aren't listed in the program and I was chatting with someone on the marathon weekend thread who has worked their booth at past expos, and she said that it's too expensive for them to have a booth at the marathon weekend expo. I'm bummed, I was hoping they would be there with some special-edition skirts.

Here's the Facebook post: https://www.facebook.com/SparkleSkirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkleSkirts
#RunDisney Running the WDW Weekend? If you are concerned about receiving a skirt in time, you can still order online, but in the Special Instructions box at checkout, type in the name and address of the WDW resort where you will be staying and the exact date you need your skirt, and we will HAND-DELIVER to the consierge/front desk at your hotel! You can also email us: Leah@SparkleSkirts.com if you would like to meet and try on skirts! We'll bring the big van! HapPy RunNinG!
Old 01-02-2013, 04:52 PM   #42
Bephus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert B Puppenstein

I love runningskirts, I think the big thing is that they
#1 don't have the flashy fabrics- they are more about prints and solids
#2 their compression shorts don't stay put as well

The second isn't an issue for me because I don't wear their "athletic" skirts with the shorts. Instead I wear their running skirts with bloomers which I find much more comfortable anyway.
Their skirts with capris are not good at all.

I have not tried Skirt Sports.
I do like Lululemon, their new shorts stay put but they do not have great pockets, only a small zipper pocket in the back and an upside down one on the leg (like for balls for tennis).

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2013 Race Schedule:
Disney Marathon - 20th Anniversary
26.2 With Donna 1/2 Marathon
Princess 1/2 Marathon - Girl's Weekend!!!
Tour de Pain Extreme - It's Extremely Fun!! 10K, 1/2 Marathon and 5K in 24 hours
Dumbo Double Dare! Coast to Coast for my 35th Birthday
Savannah Rock'n Roll 1/2 Marathon
St Augustine 1/2 Marathon
Subaru Distance Classic 1/2 Marathon
Space Coast Marathon

Bephus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:02 PM   #43
irishtwins1112
Mouseketeer

Just got my skirt in! Awesomeness! All 14 of my gu's fit in the pockets with room to spare!

Do ya'll wear underwear or *gasp* go without when wearing your sparkleskirt?
Old 01-04-2013, 04:16 PM   #44
rocio
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishtwins1112 View Post
Just got my skirt in! Awesomeness! All 14 of my gu's fit in the pockets with room to spare!

Without. But I go commando in most of my running clothes. Unless it's too cold and I need another layer.
rocio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:59 PM   #45
dreams91
DIS Cast Member
Loves to veg out in front of the TV on QVC scrap days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishtwins1112

I wear yoga type underwear.

dreams91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: