Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2012, 07:33 AM   #1
disneyluver1
Earning My Ears

Smile Animal kingdom parade tip

Hi we are just back from disney I wanted to share a tip on magic kingdom my mum dad and i where just ready to park hop to magic kingdom when we saw a Disney cm so we started saying hi and being nice and said "so what are you guys planning to do now" my dad said were planning to park hop and he said "well that"s to bad we wanted you to be in the parade" we all went crazy and said yes so we had to meet at 2:30 and put on cute little safari jackets and hats there was us and a bout 12 other people.We then went BACKSTAGE and got on our floats got strapped and then you here the music and all of a sudden your waving to hundreds of people and there waving back i can easily say it was the most insane experience of my life
disneyluver1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:42 AM   #2
mikelan6
World Traveler, Usually Optimistic

That's some great magic!!!
Old 08-24-2012, 09:48 AM   #3
SamSam

DIS Veteran

I LOVE the AK parade, how fun that you were able to be a part of it. I'm sure it will be a memory you treasure forever.
Old 10-18-2012, 12:13 PM   #4
t_daniels
They'll NEVER be replaced
Does it make all the boy mooses go BWAH!?

That is SO cool! I would love that.

Congrats!
t_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:23 PM   #5
myworldisjam
Earning My Ears

We also got picked to be in this parade a couple years ago in December. We were in shock to say the least that out of all those people there, we go picked! My son kept saying it was because he was wearing his birthday pin? We all had matching sweatshirts on with santa hats and we were in line for thumber at camp Mickey and Minnie....that's it.....and a cast member came up to us. Thought I was going to cry. It was amazing and truly the highlight of any of our 4 Disney trips!!! I am so thankful to have that experience.
myworldisjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:31 PM   #6
t_daniels
They'll NEVER be replaced
Does it make all the boy mooses go BWAH!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by myworldisjam View Post
We also got picked to be in this parade a couple years ago in December. We were in shock to say the least that out of all those people there, we go picked! My son kept saying it was because he was wearing his birthday pin? We all had matching sweatshirts on with santa hats and we were in line for thumber at camp Mickey and Minnie....that's it.....and a cast member came up to us. Thought I was going to cry. It was amazing and truly the highlight of any of our 4 Disney trips!!! I am so thankful to have that experience.
That's so amazing.

How cool for all of you!!
t_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:19 PM   #7
disneydad78
DDC #106
More important its about having some FUN!
We just LOVE its a small world!!;)

Whats the tip? We are happy for you! Where were you located when you got picked?
DISDADS member #106
(DD 16)(DS 12)(DS 8)(DW 32)(ME 35)
OffSite ('92) OffSite ('05) BonnetCreek ('07) BonnetCreek ('08) POR ('09) POR ('10) POR MVMCP ('11) POR MVMCP ('12) upcoming POR MNSSHP ('13)
disneydad78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:00 PM   #8
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

I've for a long time tried to get into the parade, so done a lot of research on it. From what I can tell, selection is mostly about "Happy Coincidence", so congrats to anyone that did get picked. There is some indication that says being around Africa near the parade entrance just before the parade start gets you a slightly better chance, but not enough to consider it a sure thing.

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

October 2014 Pre Trip Report- "Let us plan our Escape !" LINK
skier_pete is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: