Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2013, 04:52 PM   #46
JoshAndEvsMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
I have been so behind on the Dis, and now I am all caught up!

Lots of great updates!!

We loved the rider swap. Definately made things easier having a little one that wasnt able to ride everything.

Dinosaur is kind of scary!! My DD hated it! I just hate how jerky it is.

I finally got my TR & DR's started if you want to take a look at them
Oh gosh, I have been behind too. I popped in to your TR! It looks like you had an amazing trip. I had never considered Boardwalk before but your view... WOW. It might just be on my Disney bucket list now
How DH Saved Mother's Day with a SURPRISE Trip to WDW! 2012 July PTR
Old 01-25-2013, 06:04 PM   #47
JoshAndEvsMom
Mouseketeer

Rain, Rain Go Away!

...Okay, I left off exiting the Safari, which by the way, is totally up there on my Favorite Ride of All Time list.

So off an on, all morning, it would drizzle, then stop. Then sprinkle, then stop. Being from the Northwest, it really didn't bother us especially since it is still warm when it rains in Florida. Unfortunately, that also meant that I didn't get as many photos.

Well, as we made our way over to Festival of the Lion King it was drizzling again and thankfully, their stroller parking was under cover. I have to say, the stroller area kind of made me sad. It is in this little theater area; the CM manning the area said it used to house a Pocahontas show. It was a little disheartening to think that this cute little stage is going to waste as a "parking lot." Anyhoo... we were some of the last to arrive for this show so we were in the Giraffe section. The kids LOVED this show. Me, not so much. Not really sure why? It wasn't terrible or anything but I couldn't wait to get out of there. I have my theories... hungry, tired, hard bleacher seats, my 2 year old STANDING on my lap the entire time... add to that a heavy wet-people smell. I would like to try this show again and get there a little earlier to get better seats closer to the floor. Maybe that would help. I DID love watching my kids so enamored with the Monkeys and the Bird. And the costumes are amazing.

When we came out we were all starting to feel a bit cranky and hungry. Eric went to get the stroller, Ev spotted a hotdog cart and began crying for a hotdog, Josh got distracted by something in a bush and began to panic when he turned around and couldn't see us. We were right there, he just couldn't focus in the crowds of people.

Anyway it was a huge cluster-you-know-what. I really wanted to go to Flametree BBQ for lunch but by the time Eric came back with the stroller, I was so tired that I said - "let's just get a hotdog" - to which he replied "I want pizza" - to which Ev burst into tears, screaming "I want a hoooooot dooooooog!" Eric somehow convinced her that pizza was just as good and we made our way over to Pizzafari.

Picture this: We get to Pizzafari, find a place to park the stroller and I pull my exhausted, hungry 2 year old out. She is clinging to me, tears still wet on her cheeks from the hotdog incident. As we walk into the restaurant, the din is getting louder and louder. We realize this place is INSANE. It is a little after noon and the 90% of all the guests at Animal Kingdom must have ALL gotten an hankering for pizza. We got all of two inches over the threshold before Eric turned around and just said "Nope."

Okay, DisPeeps. Do you have a 2 year old? (or HAD one... that counts too) Then you know what happened. If you don't have a 2 year old I'll let you in on the Wet Noodle Effect. Believing she would never be fed, Ev arched her back, threw up her arms and went limp all while wailing "Ahhiiiiiiiii waaaant piiiiiiiiiizzaaaaahhhh!"

"Flametree?" I suggest.

It was raining pretty steadily by this time and since Flametree's seating is mainly outdoors, undercover, but still outdoors, it wasn't very busy. Eric took the kids to find a seat and I went to order. I got the 1/2 slab, Eric got the pulled pork sandwich and the kids both got hotdogs. So Ev did eventually get her way!
I walked up to get our order and realized that there was no way I could carry it all by my self. I asked if I could take one tray and come back for the other and the CM says "Oh, I'll help you to your table!"
I just looked at her and said "Are you serious?"
She said "Of course!"
I said "But my table it ALL THE WAY over there and its raining!"
She said "That's okay!"
I said "I could kiss you right now." Actually, I'm not sure I really said that or not but I sure felt like it.

Chow time!!

Yummy

Lunch really recharged us and as we were getting ready to pack up, it started to rain really, REALLY hard. Poncho time! We got out the stroller cover and Josh's poncho.... but we couldn't find our ponchos. Oh no. We had forgotten to repack our ponchos when we reorganized the stroller that morning!! We debated waiting out the storm but Eric checked the weather and it looked like this storm system wasn't going anywhere for a while. We decided to bite the bullet and I ran over to a shop to buy us Disney ponchos. Man, it was REALLY raining! I felt like I swam over to that gift shop! I spent $17 on two ponchos but I guess we got our money's worth. We did end up wearing them a few more times.

Donning our sparkly new Mickey ponchos, our next stop was Its Tough to Be a Bug which was nice and indoors.

To be continued...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2013, 10:45 AM   #48
PrepandLanding
Earning My Ears

Awesome trip report, looking forward to your next post!
Old 01-26-2013, 03:12 PM   #49
JoshAndEvsMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrepandLanding View Post
Awesome trip report, looking forward to your next post!
So glad to have you following along!! The next installment will come soon!
Old 01-27-2013, 12:29 PM   #50
JoshAndEvsMom
Mouseketeer

The Rest of our Rainy Day at Animal Kingdom

I LOVE Its Tough to Be a Bug! Don't you?! The little touches on this attraction are amazing! First of all, I LOVE going through the Tree of Life and seeing all the animal carvings up close. Then there's the Bug Goggles and don't forget to check out the Broadway-style posters starring Bugs! Its really awesome and makes me laugh.

Josh was brave enough to sit in his own seat this time, after a lot of prepping, of course. If you have not seen this show and are planning on bringing little ones or anyone with sensory issues, be warned. It is a pretty loud show, it gets pitch dark and you get poked in the back with a "stinger" among other 4D experiences. I explained to Josh beforehand that the "stinger" wasn't real, it wasn't sharp and really it felt like a gentle poke with a finger. The film really builds up the suspense and he was nervous but once it was all said and done, he thought it was funny. I also love the ending when the bugs crawl under your bum , Josh, however found it creepy. He really hates bugs and creepy crawlies so he was pretty proud of himself for being so brave.

Upon exiting, the rain had let up enough for Mickey's Jamin' Jungle Parade. It was cute and fun as usual. Then, it was about time for Doug and Russell to do a meet & greet so we went to line up in their shelter. They came out and we were about 15 people into the line. It started raining really hard again and the Photopass photographer warned everyone that if they would continue the meet & greet but if lightning was spotted, they would have to go in immediately for the safety of everyone. Not joking, when there was ONE MORE family in front of us, the lightning started up. Doug & Russell waved goodbye to everyone and the photographer told us that if the lightning ceased they would be back but until then, no one could remain in the shelter as it wasn't safe.

The family in front of us were pretty mad. They yelled at that poor CM that they had waited in line all this time for nothing and then tried to chase after Doug & Russell. I mean, she DID tell us what was going on and they COULD have gotten out of line at that point. We all knew there was a chance we would wait and not get to meet them. Oh well. Nothing is guaranteed!

At that point, a lot of people ran into the gift shops looking for shelter. We decided to brave the rain and go search out Finding Nemo, The Musical. Let me just say, LOVED IT!!! This is a great show and the puppetry is amazing. If you have seen the Broadway version of The Lion King, it is kind of like that. The puppets are half costume, half puppet. You can see the actor's faces and the audience is drawn into the character both through the actor and the puppet. It is amazing. I just LOVE it. Did I mention that I LOVE it??!! Maybe it was because Joshua was about to start Kindergarten that fall and we were sending him into "The Big Blue World" but Eric and I were both bawling at the end. We were both wiping away tears and saying "that was soooooo good!"

We exited Nemo and tried to figure out what to do next. At some point we had gotten another set of Fastpasses for Expedition Everest. It was no longer raining but the storm had not moved on and there was still quite a bit of electricity in the air. There were lightning bursts every 5 minutes or so and we figured that EE had to be shut down but we went to check it out anyway. That was at 5:00. We found out that yes, indeed EE was shut down and would remain shut down until the lightning was not spotted for at least 20 minutes. The CM gave us the choice of getting in line to wait and also told us that our fastpasses would be good for the rest of the night, no matter what, since the ride was closed during our window. We thought about it for a minute but decided that we might be waiting in line for 20 minutes, then have another bolt of lightning and have to just continue to wait.

The kids were wet and miserable so we decided to call it a day and head to the Wilderness Lodge for our ARD at Whispering Canyon Cafe. We figured we would check to see if we could get in early and if we couldn't, we would just explore the resort and enjoy the amazing lobby.

We made our way back to the entrance and stopped at Guest Relations to get some "Happily Ever After" buttons. A CM had noticed our "Happy Anniversary" buttons and told us about the "Happily Ever After" ones. She said they were really pretty and we should go get some! So glad we did! They are very pretty

As we exited, Eric wanted to stop at a bathroom and I took the opportunity to get the kiddo's photo in front of the Animal Kingdom sign. Josh refused to get out from the back of the Joovy Caboose so it is just Ev:

You can see that she is grabbing at her foot.... well all this time she had been saying "Mommy! Shoes!" over and over. I was kind of ignoring her with "Yes... uh huh... mmmmm... yes, you do have nice shoes..." Well.... I should have been paying closer attention because she had LOST it!

Here's Little Cinderella, missing her slipper:

We started back to look for her shoe since it was the ONLY pair I had brought for her. Luckily, she had dropped it after we had exited the park and someone had picked it up and put in on one of the planters in plain view. PHEW! And THANK YOU whoever you are! We walked over to the bus stop for Wilderness Lodge and were glad to be on our way somewhere warm and dry.

To be continued...
Old 01-27-2013, 05:02 PM   #51
dec2901
Mouseketeer

I am really enjoying your posts. We will be making our first trip as parents this December and I am learning a lot from you. Please keep posting what DD enjoyed. My DS is her age.
I noticed you went to the same park each day. Did you not pay for park hopper. I was wondering what your reasoning was. Is it easier not to hop with lil ones? Thanks.
1/2008 POFQ
12/2008 POP
12/2013 Saratoga Springs (Our son's first trip)
10/2014 AofA & AKV Kidani

Old 01-27-2013, 09:55 PM   #52
JoshAndEvsMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec2901 View Post
I am really enjoying your posts. We will be making our first trip as parents this December and I am learning a lot from you. Please keep posting what DD enjoyed. My DS is her age.
I noticed you went to the same park each day. Did you not pay for park hopper. I was wondering what your reasoning was. Is it easier not to hop with lil ones? Thanks.
Hi! So glad to have you following along!! I am happy to hear that my TR is benefiting someone

You are right. We did not get park hoppers this time. When we went a year ago with my husband's band class, we did get them and we ended up hopping maybe a couple times. It may have been a little because of the kiddos but I think its more our style. I think we just like being immersed in one park at a time. We also figured, why spend the extra $100 on hoppers if we could spend it on toys? You can always add on the hopper at the gate if you find that you really want it.

As for DD's favorite attractions...hmmmmm... I'll go by park & include dining and meet & greets:

HS: Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Beauty & the Beast, Toy Story Mania (she LOVED this one!) Play & Dine at Hollywood & Vine, meeting Mickey at the Animation building, The Great Movie Ride. Two things that we didn't end up doing this trip but my son really enjoyed on the first trip were the Disney Jr. Live! show and Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground.

Epcot: Journey Into the Imagination, Nemo, exploring the aquariums, Turtle Talk with Crush, Living with the Land, "jumping" fountains, Princess meet & greets, Marie (the kitten) meet & greet, Epcot Character Spot, Garden Grill w/ Farmer Mickey & Friends. A few things that we didn't get to do but liked the last time were Spaceship Earth (I KNOW, how did we not do this ride?!), Maelstrom and the Mexico ride.

Magic Kingdom: Aladdin's Magic Carpets, Pirates, Jungle Cruise, The Laughing Place playground, People Mover, Dumbo, Peter Pan, Carosel, IASM, Princess M&G, Merida M&G, Crystal Palace with Pooh & Friends. We didn't get to do the Pooh ride because it was broken down but that would have been a hit with her. She was asleep the entire time on Buzz Lightyear's Space Range Spin but she would have loved that too.

Animal Kingdom: This one was tough because it was raining but she LOVED Triceratops Spin, Kilimanjaro Safaris, seeing the animals, FOTLK and Nemo the Musical. We did not do the Bone Yard playground but both kids spend forever there last year.

All the parades are awesome for this age but were hard for us because 3:00 is right over her nap time and we could never time it right. We also got her first haircut at Harmony Barber Shop which was so much fun! Even if your DS has already had his first haircut, consider getting it done at HBS. It was just so much fun!

Next post coming soon!
Old 01-28-2013, 05:14 PM   #53
JoshAndEvsMom
Mouseketeer

Whispering Canyon Cafe

So, resembling four little wet rats, we boarded a bus to Disney's Wilderness Lodge. This resort is beautiful! I really wish it wasn't raining so hard because it would have ben fun to explore the grounds. One thing I really appreciated was that they were handing out towels to everyone who came in. It was so nice! I guess that's the difference when you stay in a Deluxe resort!

As we walked into the grand lobby, we were already feeling much better; i.e. warmer and dryer! We parked the stroller and I went to check in at Whispering Canyon Cafe. By this time is was about 6:30 and our reservation wasn't until 8:00. I had made it late because last time, we were enjoying Animal Kingdom so much that we missed our ARD for Sanaa! THIS time, however, we were very , very early. I went up to the the desk and the host says: "Do you have reservations?" I say "Yes." He rolls his eyes and says "I have reservations about this place too." I explained that we were really early but would like to check in, incase they had any cancellations or anything. He gave me a pager and told me that they were very busy that night but he would see what he could do.

I took the buzzer back to my family and we claimed a spot in some rocking chairs to settle in. Luckily, I had brought a couple dollar store toys to occupy the kids for such an occasion.

We hung out by the fireplace for most of the time. I think Eric may even have fallen asleep!:

They also have board games you can play, we explored the gift shop, and walked over the little bridge. Unfortunately, we didn't get called early but to their credit, our buzzer went off right on time.

Whispering Canyon Cafe is a FUN restaurant and you can tell something's up right when you walk in.

The servers are shouting, the hosts & hostesses were kidnapping people from their meals and taking them on rides around the restaurant, someone was in jail for not eating her veggies! It was CHAOS PEOPLE! Our server came over and took our drink order. We both got bottomless milkshakes! Yum! Eric got chocolate and I got strawberry. Eric's was definitely better. The strawberry just tasted like fake strawberry syrup.

Our server decided that Eric was going to be her target for the evening and gave him a hard time about EVERYTHING. At first he didn't get it but eventually he caught on. We also witnessed a couple come in who obviously had NO idea what this place was. We figured they probably thought they were going to a nice quiet steakhouse because when they walked up their eyes got really wide and they requested a table by the window. The host automatically said "NO!" then just turned and walked away... in a sarcastic, fun way, fitting with the schtick of the restaurant. The couple looked really surprised but the host turned and smiled and took them to a window table. We were still laughing at their deer-in-the-headlights expressions when they got up and LEFT the restaurant! They didn't even wait for their server or look at their menus! They just LEFT! Eric and I had fun guessing what their conversation must have been like...

*Speculative Conversation -
Female: "Well, I NEVER! I thought Disney was known for their service!"
Male: "We didn't come all this way and pay an arm and a leg to be treated like this!"
Female: "Come on dear, lets find somewhere else with fewer CHILDREN running amok."
Male: "Yes. I hear there's a quaint little diner over in Hollywood Studios... The 50's Something-Or-Other."*

Our waitress came back and took our order. I got the skillet, Eric got the NY Strip, Josh got the kid's cheeseburger and Ev got the Meaty Macaroni. While we waited, they called all the kids up for the pony races! It was so cute! All the kids who wanted to could go up and get a stick pony and parade around the perimeter of the restaurant. Josh had a blast; Evelyn only made it to the first corner before she just stopped and let all the other kids run passed. At the end a really sweet server took her by the hand and led all the way around.

Our meals came and everything was pretty good. Eric LOVED his steak and I thought the skillet was okay. I remember that the chicken and the brisket were especially good. As were the mashed potatoes and the bbq beans. I thought the pulled pork was salty and the ribs were dry. It was a TON of food and we had eaten a big lunch so I was already full. I didn't take more than a few bites of each thing and felt really bad that there was so much left on my plate. Josh ate about half his burger and Ev didn't even eat ONE BITE of her macaroni! We should have just split her meal with Josh. Live and learn!

It was about this time that we caught on to the whole ketchup thing.... Have you heard what happens when you ask for ketchup? Weeeellllll.... You'll just have to try it and see for yourself! Haha! Okay, if you really want to know Eric whispers over to me "Hey, looks like something happens when you ask for ketchup." I say "Yah, I know." He says, "Lets have Josh do it!" So we ask Josh "Hey Buddy, did you get ketchup with your fries? No? Why don't you see if our server can get you some?" He took the bait!

Every bottle of ketchup in the entire restaurant ended up on our table!!

By the end of our meal I was so stuffed there was no way I could order dessert! Which I was so disappointed over because it looks like they have amazing desserts! Eric got the cheesecake though, which he liked. Before we left our server came over with a cupcake for our anniversary.

However, they said they wouldn't just let us have it. We had to FEED it to each other like we did at our wedding! Apparently we were too polite because after the first bite, the servers started shouting "Smash it in his face! Smash it in his face!" It was a riot!

All in all, would I come here again? In a HEARTBEAT! We had SOOOO much fun. We still talk about Whispering Canyon and how much fun we had. There is so much going on and everyone is playing along. I think, though I would go for the steak instead of the skillet next time. Eric's steak did look pretty good.

I'll leave you with one last photo of the night:

That pretty much sums it up! It was a great restaurant and a really fantastic way to finish off the night.

After we left, we made our way back to CBR via the Magic Kingdom. It was a pretty long ride and we had an insane bus driver. I don't know how she was hired. She took every bump at top speed, knocking several people OUT of their seats and onto the floor. THEN, when we were getting off at our stop, I was helping Eric get the stroller off and Evelyn was behind me; I stepped off and turned to help Ev down and the driver starts to close the doors and drive off!!! I barely got Ev out and actually had to pull her arm out of the door WHILE THE BUS WAS MOVING! I was shocked that we had made it back in one piece! I had meant to report her but we were so tired that we just went to bed and I kind of forgot. I have to imagine that SOMEONE reported her though. SERIOUSLY, WORLDS WORST BUS DRIVER! Anyway, we were very excited for the next day.

MAGIC KINGDOM!!! (And I promise to have TONS of pictures!!)
Old 01-30-2013, 10:11 PM   #54
dec2901
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the list of rides. The more I think about not hopping the more I like it. I had never thought about it before. On previous trips DH and I would open a park and close another. It is really hard to figure out how to best schedule our trip.

Another question - Does your DD collect character autographs? I am so worried DS will be scared of fur characters.
1/2008 POFQ
12/2008 POP
12/2013 Saratoga Springs (Our son's first trip)
10/2014 AofA & AKV Kidani

Old 02-01-2013, 02:22 PM   #55
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshAndEvsMom View Post
Oh gosh, I have been behind too. I popped in to your TR! It looks like you had an amazing trip. I had never considered Boardwalk before but your view... WOW. It might just be on my Disney bucket list now
We really loved Boardwalk -- so much so that we cancelled our booking for Oct at WL and rebooked for BW

We have never seen Its Tough To Be A Bug. I knew my little Evan would not like the darkness -- and Harper is not a fan of darkness too much either. My oldest would probably like it though.

WCC is so much fun!!!! We ate there on our trip too. We got ketchup -- and also, our oldest asked for a refill and got a GIANT glass, while my DD asked for a "little bit" more drink and got a tiny glass. Pics will be in my TR when I get to that part Anyways, yes, we would totally go back there again -- think its going to be an ADR in Oct since its a suprise trip for the kids and they still talk about that place.

Cant wait to hear more.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:16 PM   #56
JoshAndEvsMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec2901 View Post
Thanks for the list of rides. The more I think about not hopping the more I like it. I had never thought about it before. On previous trips DH and I would open a park and close another. It is really hard to figure out how to best schedule our trip.

Another question - Does your DD collect character autographs? I am so worried DS will be scared of fur characters.
You are so welcome! I think, for us, not hopping took some pressure off too; like I feel like if we bought we would HAVE to use it... anyway, this was the first trip I have taken without hoppers and I was a little nervous that we would feel too confined but I really didn't miss them at all. We probably won't buy them again until the kids are teenagers and able to go around without us.

YES! Both my kids had their own autograph books. I made them on Shutterfly with the help of some fabulous DISigners I have some detailed pics of them on my PTR if you want to check them out. DD loved the fur characters. Goofy was a little intimidating, even when sitting he is huge but she did fine. My niece who is also 2 was head-over-heals for Mickey Mouse. Oh my stars, she was adorable with him! I actually think the kiddos were more shy with the face characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
We really loved Boardwalk -- so much so that we cancelled our booking for Oct at WL and rebooked for BW

We have never seen Its Tough To Be A Bug. I knew my little Evan would not like the darkness -- and Harper is not a fan of darkness too much either. My oldest would probably like it though.

WCC is so much fun!!!! We ate there on our trip too. We got ketchup -- and also, our oldest asked for a refill and got a GIANT glass, while my DD asked for a "little bit" more drink and got a tiny glass. Pics will be in my TR when I get to that part Anyways, yes, we would totally go back there again -- think its going to be an ADR in Oct since its a suprise trip for the kids and they still talk about that place.

Cant wait to hear more.
Wow! You loved Boardwalk that much?! That's awesome!

ITTBAB is a toughie... It really is a fun show but it can also be pretty intimidating. If you guys want to give it a try, I'd have Evan and Harper sit on a lap or at the edge of their seat. I over-prepped Josh for this show because I know he gets nervous. I probably sucked the magic right out of it by explaining the mechanics of it all but he really likes to know how things work. Once he understood, he really got more comfortable with it.

Isn't WCC the BEST!? It will definitely remain on our ADR list for a long time! Can't wait to see your pictures!
Old 02-01-2013, 05:49 PM   #57
JoshAndEvsMom
Mouseketeer

Rise and Shine for the Magic Kingdom!

Our alarm went off bright and early because we had breakfast date with none other than Winnie the Pooh! We were going to the Magic Kingdom!!! I was so happy when we snagged our 8:05 ADR at Crystal Palace. I just couldn't believe we would be walking into the Magic Kingdom before opening. Awesome!

I don't remember much trouble getting ready that morning. Josh was stoked because we had made him an appointment for The Pirates League. I dressed the kids in their matching tie-dye shirts that we made and we headed out to the bus stop around 7:00. There were quite a few other families waiting for the early "breakfast busses" too. I'm not sure if we had just missed a bus or what but we waited for 45 minutes! Normally, I am the kind of person who FREAKS out if I am late but I just told my self "I am not in control. Its no big deal. Disney surely deals with this stuff every day." There was another family next to us in the same boat so I figured everything would turn out okay.

It didn't take very long to get to the MK and through the gates. And before long we were doing this!

And checking out this!

And admiring THIS!

I didn't care how late we were, not getting Photopass pictures on an empty Main Street was NOT an option!

After our quick stop we were on our way to the Crystal Palace.

We actually got there RIGHT as they were finishing up with their Welcome Show and I went to the window to check in. She told us it would be a couple of minutes so I took some photos while Eric & the kids waited on the porch.

The most beautiful view in the whole world... *sigh*

At about 8:15 our name was called. I think we were in the first group after the "first family of the day." Not too bad a wait.

To be continued...
Old 02-01-2013, 06:32 PM   #58
JoshAndEvsMom
Mouseketeer

Crystal Palace Breakfast

Our name was called and we were shown to our table. We had a window seat on the right side of the restaurant as you enter and there was Mickey glitter for our anniversary . I thought it was an excellent location! I love all the natural light in this restaurant and the Victorian theming. This restaurant is just gorgeous!

Our server came and took our drink orders and let us know the circuit the characters would be following. I had a coffee with cream, which I thought was good. I know a lot of people don't like Disney coffee and I don't really know what Nescaffe tastes like but this tasted freshly brewed to me. Ev got a chocolate milk, Josh got an orange juice and Eric got a Diet Coke. She told us a little about the buffet and said that we might want to wait because Pooh was just coming out.

Pooh greeted us very shortly.

Eeyore followed very close behind.

It looked like we had a little window before Piglet came so Eric jumped up to grab some plates of food. We were all starving so he got some plates for the kids and a plate of fruit for me to munch on before Piglet returned. Then, he went back for his own breakfast.

Mickey waffles!!! Most delicious waffles on the planet!

I wish I had more food pics or buffet pics because this breakfast was DELICIOUS. I tried both the puffed french toast and the breakfast lasagna. I really liked the puffed french toast which was more like a doughnut than french toast, and I thought the lasagna was pretty good. It was really sweet and an interesting consistency, like mushy pancakes, but I'd probably eat it again. We both got an omelet from the omelet station (I think Eric may have even gotten two!) and I ate tons of fruit. Everything was so good!

Tigger was the last character to come around. It seems like he takes the longest because so many people want to spend time with him.

All the characters were wonderful! My kids really enjoyed them and so did we. We got a lot of time with them and they were really attentive.

So, if you followed my PTR, I showed off these great autograph books that I made. The autograph cards were designed by some wonderful Dis-ers who post over on the DISign board. I had a specific page for each of our character meals and the Crystal Palace one still had a place for Rabbit even though I knew he isn't there anymore. Well, our server was so delighted by our books that she brought over the lady who was in charge of all the characters to show her! She noticed the spot for Rabbit and said:

"Hmmmm... I think one of Rabbit's good friends may be working here today and I can ask him if he wouldn't mind going to the Hundred Acre Wood to ask Rabbit to sign your book." She said she would be right back and returned with a (rather tall ) young gentleman. He looked at the kids' books and said that he would take their books and see if Rabbit could stop gardening for a moment to sign them. Apparently, Rabbit was very flattered and was happy to put down his rake just long enough to sign his name. We were thrilled! Love Disney magic!

So, would we come here for breakfast again? ABSOLUTELY!! Everything about it was worth it. The food, the characters, the early entry, the beautiful restaurant itself... all absolutely perfect. I seriously can't wait to come back here on our next trip!

By this time, the park had opened and we were ready to be on our way. We couldn't wait for our day at the Magic Kingdom! We had so many fun plans and were already sprinkled with pixie dust. We were off to a great start!!
Old 02-02-2013, 02:38 PM   #59
Sundancer UK
DIS Veteran

Just joining in now and only on page two I love your TR and love your style of writing, I'm really getting in to your trip! So much fun.

You had me really giggling at 'air so humid you could almost drink it' and your photos are brilliant. Do you mind me asking what photopass+ is about? I'm guessing from something you said that you pay for it upfront? We had photopass when we went, and we got so much out of it that we bought the disk with everything on, love it

One more question - is TOT not too scary? It's the only ride I was too scared to go on! None of us did in the end, assuming it was one of those 'drop' things with nothing too special - I think we were wrong!

I've decided I'm not a Disney fan as everyone thinks I am - No, I'm a Disney Geek!

I have a blog. I've posted a little. If people look I might be prompted to do more...

http://aurorasjoy.blogspot.co.uk/
Old 02-02-2013, 04:10 PM   #60
Sundancer UK
DIS Veteran

...and I'm all caught up now!
Still loving reading along, thank you so much for sharing.

You're really making me want to get TSDP! We had counter service last time because we weren't sure which park we would end up in and didn't want to feel restricted. I think I know what I'm doing enough to get proper ADRs and yours all look like so much fun! Unfortunately it's out of budget for us, unless a miracle happens!

I've decided I'm not a Disney fan as everyone thinks I am - No, I'm a Disney Geek!

I have a blog. I've posted a little. If people look I might be prompted to do more...

http://aurorasjoy.blogspot.co.uk/

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: