Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2012, 12:42 PM   #151
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

One Day and One Way...

in which I want to say thank you.

I thought a lot about what I wanted this post to be, about how I wanted to "end" the pretrip report.

And I really think the best way for me to end it is to say thank you. Thank you for reading along. For those of you who know me well, thank you for being the amazing friends that you are. I know it's not a new theme to talk about how lucky we all are that something like the DIS, and Disney, in general, could bring us all together.

And my general rule of thumb has always been, if someone likes Disney, and travelling there as much (or more) than I do, then they're good people.

I don't see any finer example of that than all of the amazing friends I've made on the DIS.

I remember meeting someone of you when Nemo was a toddler, and talking about all our escapades with a young kiddo in the World.

I remember how you supported me when my mother lay in the hospital, dying, and when she passed. How you offered words of encouragement, and prayers, and virtual hugs, and made a wall of love around me so strong that even during that terrible time, I knew that life, even if I didn't want it to, would go on. That it would be full and rich with family and good friends.

I remember the congratulations when Squirt was born (shortly after my mother passed), and the joy we all felt at a new life coming into the world (and World) on the heels of all our sadness.

And how you all supported me as I took my first trip to the World without my mother.

And to think now, that I am going alone.

And here you are. My wonderful, wonderful friends.

And I just want to say that I'm so grateful. That in some way, I take a piece of each of you with me.

That I can't look at a light fixture without thinking of LL. Or see a picture of Indiana Jones without thinking of CP.

Heidi, I'll never forget watching the fireworks with you, and the way we first "met."

The way that every time I see Jack Sparrow, all I can think about is how Tink and I plotted for years to kidnap him, and when we finally did meet him, it was one of the best Disney experiences I've ever had. Heck, that made my year.

You're all so special to me. Cynthia, when you sent the gifts for the boys along with the car seat cover.

LegoMom, leaning forward.

Mean Queen, top of the world.

I know I'm not remembering to write everything down, and the best part of all is the memories yet to come.

Kathy. I can't wait to meet you.

I'm so excited to think that at this time tomorrow, I'll be in the Magic Kingdom. Of all the adventures on this trip, and in this life that are yet to come.

One of the greatest gifts my mother could have given me was the appreciation of life and love. Of friends and family.

And one of the greatest gifts I can give myself is being strong enough to say, I am doing this for me.

And I'm worth it. And every day, I feel blessed in so many ways.

And one of those ways is all of you. So for my last official pretrip report post, I celebrate you, and thank you.

"You've got troubles, I've got 'em too. There isn't anything I wouldn't do for you. We'll stick together to see it through cause you've got a friend in me."

TarzansKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:29 PM   #152
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Okay, everyone at work is wondering why my eyes are all blurry and full of tears, now. That was absolutely beautiful Kat, and I can't wait to share a meal with someone I have considered a good friend from here on the DIS.
Register to remove

Old 09-12-2012, 02:51 PM   #153
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

I'm with Ms. Kat! I'm not really sad but there aren't any smiling faces with a tear. What are ya gonna do?

I know I've not become one of your good friends yet, but I'm sure we'll get to know one another more over time and hopefully meet in the not too distant future.
Who couldn't turn out to be friends when you've told them you'll be support like an undergarment?!?

The Dis is a very special group of people, and getting to know the one's I have have enriched my life in so many ways. I can only imagine how close you feel to the one's you've gotten to know over the years and especially the one's who've supported you during your darkest hours.

Have an amazing, magical, safe time!! Drink in all the moments not to mention a few drinks, and don't forget to take pictures!

Un-Tangled....How I Got My Life Back-PTR, You Just Lost 80 Pounds-TR
DisneyLand 1989-twice-Nov.1995, Nov.1998, Nov.2001
DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!
Millie12591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:57 PM   #154
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

Right back at you girlie !

Love ya, enjoy your trip knowing that your boys are in good hands and that you deserve it

MRYPPNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:06 PM   #155
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Okay, everyone at work is wondering why my eyes are all blurry and full of tears, now. That was absolutely beautiful Kat, and I can't wait to share a meal with someone I have considered a good friend from here on the DIS.
I'm glad I gave you the Kleenex alert! I hope you had some handy.

Seriously, I'm really grateful, and I've said it a million times, but I'll say it a million and one, I'm really looking forward to sharing that meal with you and Mark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie12591 View Post
I'm with Ms. Kat! I'm not really sad but there aren't any smiling faces with a tear. What are ya gonna do?

I know I've not become one of your good friends yet, but I'm sure we'll get to know one another more over time and hopefully meet in the not too distant future.
Who couldn't turn out to be friends when you've told them you'll be support like an undergarment?!?

The Dis is a very special group of people, and getting to know the one's I have have enriched my life in so many ways. I can only imagine how close you feel to the one's you've gotten to know over the years and especially the one's who've supported you during your darkest hours.

Have an amazing, magical, safe time!! Drink in all the moments not to mention a few drinks, and don't forget to take pictures!
You know this is the beauty of the DIS! I have some established relationships, as you can see, but now I have found a new friend in you, and I am sure that we will get to know each other better and feel just as warmly as we do about our other DIS friends.

I have really enjoyed your comments, and I am following along on your pretrip report as well.

I will be happy to drink in the moments...and the drinks...and the pirates. Well, one in particular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
Right back at you girlie !

Quote:
Love ya, enjoy your trip knowing that your boys are in good hands and that you deserve it
Thank you!
Old 09-12-2012, 06:53 PM   #156
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Oh Kat!! Such beautiful words! DIS friends are the best aren't they? I know we haven't met in person yet but I'm sure we will someday, whether it's in Disney or somewhere else! You're actually one of the few people I know who has been through what I've been through, I'm so grateful to have met you on here! I hope your trip is full of magic, memories and pixie dust! And comfy shoes! And pirates! Can't forget pirates!

Have an amazing time!!!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:58 PM   #157
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Oh Kat!! Such beautiful words! DIS friends are the best aren't they? I know we haven't met in person yet but I'm sure we will someday, whether it's in Disney or somewhere else! You're actually one of the few people I know who has been through what I've been through, I'm so grateful to have met you on here! I hope your trip is full of magic, memories and pixie dust! And comfy shoes! And pirates! Can't forget pirates!

Have an amazing time!!!
Pirates and comfy shoes? What more could a girl ask for!!!

I'm really glad I met you here. And even though what we share is a hard experience for both of us, I'm glad that we can support each other in that.

Thanks for being you and being awesome!
Old 09-12-2012, 07:02 PM   #158
Mean Queen
If only life were like a musical....
I always appreciate snarky
A whole zoo!
I blame it all on the computer

Now I'm all teary eyed. Thanks TK! Now I'm really going to make an effort to join you for sushi and cupcakes (or whatever you want to do) on Sunday.

DVC Owners - SSR & BLT DCL: 11/05 ~ 5/07 ~ 11/08 ~ 6/09 ~ 8/10 ~ 3/11B2B ~ 11/11 ~ 6/12 ~9/12 ~ 11/13 ~ 1/14
Mean Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:07 PM   #159
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Queen View Post
Now I'm all teary eyed. Thanks TK! Now I'm really going to make an effort to join you for sushi and cupcakes (or whatever you want to do) on Sunday.
Aw.

And by the way, I am totally down with sushi and cupcakes. And Dole Whips. or whatever tickles our fancy, if we can make it work.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:50 PM   #160
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off

I am so glad I had kleenex with me here in Barnes & Noble. I am sure people think I am nuts. Have a magical trip!!!!

pooh'smate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:14 PM   #161
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Crying and texting on the elliptical, if I fall off I'll tell you.,.,after you get back. While the folks at the y look at me like I'm nuts I want to thank you. For a much needed message of hope and moving on, forward, no matter what. You'll never know how much I needed that. thank you. Thank you, thank you.

Have a blessed trip, full of magic, pixie dust, tears, laughter and sleep.

And a side of Jack.
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:36 AM   #162
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Crying and texting on the elliptical, if I fall off I'll tell you.,.,after you get back. While the folks at the y look at me like I'm nuts I want to thank you. For a much needed message of hope and moving on, forward, no matter what. You'll never know how much I needed that. thank you. Thank you, thank you.

Have a blessed trip, full of magic, pixie dust, tears, laughter and sleep.

And a side of Jack.
Cynthia has said it all perfectly in response to your perfect post!

I am so lucky to know you, TK!

Have an absolutely magical trip!
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:52 AM   #164
Tinkerbellarella
I was all like, "Um, well...that's different

Look who's showing up late to the party...

Since I TOTALLY enabled this trip in a way which should not be legal, I'm going back now to read.

Also, for what it's worth (and my opinion is worth at least one Dole Whip float, maybe two), I vote trip report. I figure it will inspire me to PTR and TR my Feb. trip and by the time I leave for said trip it'll probably be, what, the afternoon of day 2 the way we right TR's?

Tinkerbellarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:56 AM   #165
Tinkerbellarella
I was all like, "Um, well...that's different

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
And as a wise friend recently pointed out to me, I'll never know unless I try.
Wait a tic.

Was that me?

Because if so, I'd like to point out a GLARING ommission. Let me rephrase:

And as a wise friend with more shoes than she knows what to do with recently pointed out to me, I'll never know unless I try.

If that wasn't me...

This isn't the DISpost you're looking for.

Tinkerbellarella is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: