DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2012, 09:13 AM   #61
LSchrow
We're eating brussel sprouts & asparagus on the budget board
(pulling up a chair) I like drunk & happy better...

the new cards are much better, IMHO....

however, i am surprised that no one has mentioned it yet, so i guess i'll be the first:

how about removing the 2nd quote (or placing it elsewhere), and writing:
an "anniversary treat" "just because you're so sweet", or something similar that ties in with the candy.

i agree with PPs - the new cards are more about the CM, and less about the giver (and the dime definately looked like a tip).

good job
Old 09-09-2012, 09:37 AM   #62
longneckthree
Mouseketeer

Great job!!

I love the idea! Have a great anniversary and thank you for spreading a smile and pixie dust!
I think that a bunch of cast members will be keeping these cards and showing them to thier friends and family as examples of the wonderful people that visit Disney!
Thank you for being such awesome people!

me DH
DD20 DD17 DD14 DD12
DDog 5 DDog 10

2007-2011 POFQ,POR,CB,CS,BWI
BVC / THV 2012 DVC Now!
AOA 2013
AKL 2013

AKL / The Darkside 2015
longneckthree is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-10-2012, 01:34 AM   #63
Jousey
Dis Dad #694
All I can think of is a pole dancer
Is there a pill for this condition or do I just keep up the cycle of going to Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody58 View Post
Major changes based on the objective and constructive feedback, including the Grammar Police and Spellchecker, and an extensive federally funded randomized, double-blind, active-controlled, double-dummy, parallel-group study! No kittens were injured in the study.

- Ditched the 'You're a ten' dime theme. Switched to candy treat (2 types) as part of including the CM into our anniversary celebration. Yes to a large extent it is about us. It's our party and we're going to party like it's 1999, and include via positive feedback those CM's who help that party rock!
- Modified the original message to creatively align with Disney's 'Let the Memories Begin' theme.
- Ditched our last name.
- Added the reinforcing message that positive feedback will be submitted. Helps to clearly separate any misconception that this is a 'tip'.
- Created separate 'Feedback Info' sheets. These will help us track the feedback, as well as link any CM photos we take along the way.

Thank you again for all the input. We are much happier with this end result. Only 30 days to go!!

Memo to self: Get more Werther's as I've eaten most of them already!
Great update. I real should look at doing something like this

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvthemouse71 View Post
I think the OP's heart is in the right place. But, I think getting the CM's name and writing something nice about them to management would be more appreciated.
It has been mentioned in past post and reinforced on the upddate "that feedback would be submitted"

Jousey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:41 PM   #64
peabody58
I'm just a drummer in a R&R Band!!

Wow, is vacation over already!? Just returned from our 10 day 30th Anniversary trip. Wanted to share the experiences we had from the many great CM's we interacted with.

The overwhelming response to the CM Thank You Cards was unexpected surprise and joy.

- 2 CM's started to cry when they read the cards and realized the effort we went to in order to recognize them.

- 4 CM's said they had never been thanked once by a guest before.

- 1 CM shared that she was having a really bad day and the card turned everything around for her.

- 2 CM's (College Program) stated they have a Memories Scrapbook and the cards are definitely being added as a highlight to their experience.

- Most of the CM's said they had never seen or heard of this Thank You method before.

We often ended up talking at length with the CM after handing out the card, and got to hear some great personal information and established a nice rapport with the CM's. I did an informal poll of the CM's on our first version of the Thank You card which used to 'dime' theme, and every one replied they thought that was a great idea and play on words. Not a one thought it was a tip or offending. Our 2 servers at V&A were beside themselves when they got a Thank you card.

WDW no longer has Guest Feedback cards (they went Green, less paperwork). We are submitting all of our feedback via the website link.

Our next trip is in April and we will be handing out CM Thank You Cards again, of course with a different design/theme. I think we got as much fun out of thanking the CM's as they did in getting a sincere Thank You.
Old 10-19-2012, 01:50 PM   #65
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm
They go through some serious mayo there

Fantastic, everyone needs to hear "Thank You" or a "Job well done" every once in while! Dealing with the public 24/7 isn't for the faint of heart!

February 15th -18th, 2014 - OKW-GV
BEASLYBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:18 PM   #66
SamSam

DIS Veteran

Sounds like you brought smiles and happiness to many cm's....way to go!

I love what you've done and want to come up with something similar for future trips.
Old 10-19-2012, 02:50 PM   #67
TaraInBama
Earning My Ears

Thank you for sharing the responses and attitudes of the CMs.

As I was reading this thread my thought was, these are Disney Cast Members not random services workers.

I love this idea and we will now be using Thank You cards on our trip during Thanksgiving! These will serve as a great way for our kids to recognize and acknowledge CMs who are making our trip magical!

Last edited by TaraInBama; 10-19-2012 at 03:28 PM.
TaraInBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:33 PM   #68
palhockeymomof2
DIS Veteran

Love your idea.....hope I can figure out something for our trip next week
palhockeymomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:49 AM   #69
kmchisholm
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by palhockeymomof2
Love your idea.....hope I can figure out something for our trip next week
Just wanted to say thank you for this idea. My Mom and I put together simple thank you cards with $5 or $10 in each one and handed them out in the parks throughout our stay.

As others have said, cast members are not supposed to accept tips, but if a guest insists (I used the 3x rule and told them it was just a note) they will finally accept. I spend part of my day with a friend who has worked custodial in the parks and as a house person at BLT and she said the thought was so encouraging and would mean so much to the cast members. It was just nice to pass along the magic to people who work so hard and are often looked over.
kmchisholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:40 PM   #70
Rememberingthe70s
Old School

Thanks for posting about this, for your grace during critique, and for posting about your experiences with cast members and thank yous. I can imagine, as you say, they don't get thanked enough. And I can imagine that they put up with a lot of crap too.

I just may do this. I'm painfully shy and hate awkward situations, so I may need to talk myself into it. I know most folks are more gregarious than myself ... I can't imagine walking up to a CM and handing them a card. (I know ... I'm weird.) But maybe! What an awesome story!
WDW Commando Club Member #119
36 Years of Vacationing at WDW
Rememberingthe70s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:36 PM   #71
gracer9977
Happiness is Disney

Glad you had such a wonderful anniversary trip and happy that the Thank you cards went over so well. I was a little sad when I read through the thread with all the not so positive feedback about your idea. I think that this a great idea and may be looking to doing something similar when we go in 2014, especially since it seems that the CM's that received your cards were truly happy to have received them.

Happy Anniversary!!!!
Old 11-30-2012, 12:40 AM   #72
Lady V
I kept waking up so hot!
I get teary eyed and happy all at the same time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy View Post
If you think I'm rude, then report my post. Under my name, click the triangle with the exclamation point.

Original poster, do you often hand out dimes to people? Dimes with a picture of yourself?

Quite frankly, I would be insulted with a tip of $.10, and would hand it back.

I am also going to be celebrating my 30th anniversary soon. I plan on handing out paper bills, not my pocket change, as tips. Here's an interesting thought: after you hand out your dime, I could be right behind you, tipping $1, $5, or even $10, along with a sincere "thank you". I wonder which tip will be appreciated more: $.10, or $1?

Well if the 'tip' from you included even a moment of your magical personality I can tell you that you would be remembered and MOST DEFINITELY discussed backstage!

To the OP-I think it is a great idea! Most of us do understand this is not to replace a tip for a server or mousekeeper. You are a wonderful guest!
-BCV,HRH,AKV,BWV,
2010-BLT, ASSports,ASMusic, AKV, 2011-SSR2012-CBR, DAAR, BCV
2013 -ASMovies, AKV,POP, AKL 2014-SSR(3X),ASSports, Pop, OKW(2X), AKV(Club level!), BWV
Disney Dream-Jan 2014, Disney Magic-Feb 2014, Disney Magic-April 2014
Lady V is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: