Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2012, 07:42 AM   #1
zummerzet66
Are we there yet?!

One Last Big One! - Update

Well, I never thought this would happen, but we've finally got round to booking another trip! We said when we came back last time that we doubted we'd go again as a whole family (though DW and I certainly planned to go back without the kids once they were older!). I think we all kind of knew though that, if there was any chance at all, we'd be back. And so we are! With the kids being the age they are, next summer is the only real window of opportunity for a full family blow-out, what with exams and revision and all the other stuff that goes with it, so we've booked a fortnight at LBV Resort, flying with Thomson out of Bristol. We've always flown with Virgin from Gatwick before, so this should seriously cut down on our travelling at each end of the holiday (I've always hated that part, especially at the end!).

No doubt there'll be lots of planning between now and then, but at the moment it's just pretty exciting that we've booked again!

Matt
August 2013 Lake Buena Vista Resort Village - Pre-Trippy here

Last edited by zummerzet66; 11-19-2012 at 07:02 AM.
zummerzet66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:02 AM   #2
queendisney
DIS Veteran

Happy Planning

Walt Disney World resort 18 times, off resort 2 times. Disneyland Paris approx. 20 times. Disneyland California.
queendisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-23-2012, 10:20 AM   #3
Disneynutinlondon
It's been such a blast with all the lurkers and fluffing
I seem to be whitering on in a constant stream of random thoughts
I think I'll just go with the small one

That brilliant news.

We're doing what I expect to be our last family trip this October as I expect we wont be back for a couple of years as by then Josh will be post A levels and probably be beyond wanting to go on holiday with mum and dad ..... well as least that's what me and DH are hoping
Old 09-17-2012, 07:40 AM   #4
DisMadWife
Earning My Ears

We have just returned from our "last big one" and made some fantastic memories which will stay with me for many years. I also hope to return but it will always be different without all the family in tow. I hope you have a magical time and make yourself some very happy memories.
DisMadWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:54 PM   #5
PJB71
DIS Veteran

Happy planning
Old 09-18-2012, 02:38 AM   #6
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

Enjoy the planning If your family are anything at all like mine then its definitely not your last DH and I mentioned to my parents that we were thinking of bringing DS to WDW next year...cue mom and dad jumping in and deciding we're going as a family (ie DH and I, parents, sister and aunt and uncle who always holiday with mom and dad) so grandkids can definitely encourage another big family holiday LOL!

Wills First Adventure TR May 2013

Wills Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:52 AM   #7
irisheyes123
DIS Veteran

Happy planning

irisheyes123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:53 AM   #8
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

We had our last 'big family holiday' in 2009 and before we knew it there's another 'last big one' booked for next year ..... and if DH's workmates are anything to go by that won't end up being the last one too. It seems the minute Disney and the US are mentioned .....

Happy planning!
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:56 PM   #9
zummerzet66
Are we there yet?!

Thanks for all the replies...this definitely won't be the last trip I and DW do but we're pretty certain it'll be the last one the four of us go on together (don't know whether to celebrate or be sad )

Either way it'll get a lot cheaper after this next one!

Old 09-21-2012, 02:27 PM   #10
DCLMan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zummerzet66 View Post
Well, I never thought this would happen, but we've finally got round to booking another trip! We said when we came back last time that we doubted we'd go again as a whole family (though DW and I certainly planned to go back without the kids once they were older!). I think we all kind of knew though that, if there was any chance at all, we'd be back. And so we are! With the kids being the age they are, next summer is the only real window of opportunity for a full family blow-out, what with exams and revision and all the other stuff that goes with it, so we've booked a fortnight at LBV Resort, flying with Thomson out of Bristol. We've always flown with Virgin from Gatwick before, so this should seriously cut down on our travelling at each end of the holiday (I've always hated that part, especially at the end!).

No doubt there'll be lots of planning between now and then, but at the moment it's just pretty exciting that we've booked again!

Matt
Another Somerset Diser! I live in Wells.
I-Drive 1993, I-Drive 1995, Maingate 1996, DLRP 2003, DLRP 2004, I-Drive 2006, DLRP 2008, DLRP 2008, DLRP 2009, I-Drive 2009 + 4 day Wonder cruise, DLRP 2010, I-Drive 2010, DLRP 2012, LBV 2012, I-Drive 2013, I-Drive 2014
DCLMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:50 PM   #11
tinks_1989
need a like button

Great to have you back on the boards.

X
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:14 AM   #12
TinkerbellW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneynutinlondon View Post

Josh will be post A levels and probably be beyond wanting to go on holiday with mum and dad ..... :
I thought it would be our last 'family' holiday when we went in 2010, but we were back this year. This I was sure would be our last 'family' holiday as DS is now an 18 year old apprentice with a full time job...once again I was wrong - going back next July!!!! I don't think there is such a thing as being beyond wanting to go on holiday with mum and dad when WDW is involved
January 2005 'Last family trip' - Pop Century May 2007 '1st single parent trip' - Pop CenturyJuly 2010 'My 40th Birthday'- All Star Sports April 2012 'Graduation' - Pop Century July 2013 'Onwards and upwards' - Art Of Animation
July 2015 'We made it back' - Port Orleans French Quarter

TinkerbellW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 01:14 PM   #13
strawberry blonde
DIS Veteran

Next year maybe our last family holiday. DS1 at uni ( 20) will be going into his 4th year ( Sept 2013 ) and DS 2 ( 17) maybe doing Uni year 1. Thinking end of June or beginning Sept. All depends what DS 2 will be doing Sept 2013? Things were much easier when little.

Always done Virgin Feb but now considering Thomson if any good deals

Do you think there may be any deals about end of June before the schools finish ?
strawberry blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 07:11 PM   #14
ROBEAR84
DIS Veteran

DH went on his 'last big one' in 2003 with his parents and sister. They are over there this week but in 2014 we're all going, this time with me, DD and DS in tow! Can't wait!

Have a great time!

March 2004 ~ Holiday Inn ** March 2010 ~ Cheyenne
October 2010 ~ Cheyenne ** June 2012 ~ Sequoia Lodge
Now finally planning for our 2014 trip to WDW!

The 'I can't think of a suitably magical title for this TR' TR ~ Half term at the Sequoia Lodge ~ June 2012
ROBEAR84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:55 AM   #15
zummerzet66
Are we there yet?!

One Last Big One! - Update

Well, I'm pleased to report that we have taken the plunge and upgraded to Premium seats on Thomson. Hopefully this'll give us a bit more room and a bit better service. I have heard that you no longer get to get on and off the plane first like you used to with First Choice Star Class Premier, which will be slightly disappointing (perhaps someone can confirm this), but I'm sure the extra seating and luggage allowance will be worth it.

Only another 6 weeks or so and we'll be able to say "we go this year!"

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: