Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2012, 08:27 PM   #31
3Paige14
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRatPack View Post
That sounds neat.....I'd never heard of it. I'm not a drinker....and my husband isn't home right now to ask him what his favorite drink at the World was. I'm sure it was probably something at Epcot's Food and Wine Festival though , much of which I'm sure you could get year round.

Here is the alcohol picture thread Alcohol at Disney-with pictures.

Have fun
Oh. Thank you for that link. I will definitely have to check it out.

Turning 21 the day we leave for our trip in January. I'm planning to have my first drink at WDW.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:00 PM   #32
Elissajoy
Mouseketeer

I just read that having a teaspoon of oil (yuck) before having an alcoholic bev. helps absorb the alcohol. I am almost 50 and have never heard that before. Any thoughts? Also, for this thread's OP, be careful drinking in hot weather, hits ya pretty quick. :-)
Register to remove

Old 08-27-2012, 09:15 PM   #33
softballmom3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
Oh yes, slushie in France is my fav! I suggest trying both kinds. This is actually the background pic on my iphone...I'm not kidding!

That is the BEST drink! I love it!!!

1977 Heck...I don't remember, I was 4 .
2002 Holiday Inn Family Suites (Nick hotel now)
2007 Pop Century
2010 Windsor Hills
2011 POR
2013 Wilderness Lodge/POR/CSR
2013 Pop Century
2014 POFQ
softballmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:37 PM   #34
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

A Long Island Iced Tea will put you under the table for sure.

That being said, I'll suggest anything sitting by the pool at your resort of choice!

Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

CuteAsMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 12:05 AM   #35
AgentR
Undercover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy_Tink View Post
I second this suggestion...Rosa Regale is a beautiful sweet sparkling wine. What I wouldn't suggest as your first alcohol experience is over-indulging....especially at Disney. You're first over-indulgence can lead to misery and sickness the next day, and that's not what you want when you're at Disney....save that for a party at home, or out with friends and a designated driver.

I'm proud of you for waiting this long for your first drink...there is way too much alcohol abuse by teenagers these days
I was also thinking about the Rosa Regale as my first drink. I will for sure not over-indulge on alcohol. I don't want it to seem like I am going to WDW just for the alcohol. I just want to have fun, make memories, and have new positive experiences. Yeah, there are lots of alcohol abuse by teenagers, and I try not to become a statistic. Thank-you for your kind words.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:11 AM   #36
AgentR
Undercover

Quote:
Originally Posted by scojos View Post
hope my kids are as level headed as you

champagne is always good- start with the best (ignore the 20/20 jokes!!)

loads of nice drinks in epcot...pint of guiness (hey im british lmao, and its an aquired taste!)
if not the french grey goose slush is yummy
the Lapu Lapu at the poly is amazing (tho i drank mine rather quickly as i was thirsty whilst waiting for the allergies chef to visit our table at ohanas.... dh thought me trying to play sober was really funny!! (i dont recommend it!!

as for drinking too much, wdw has a zero tollerance of drunken behaviour - we followed i bachelor party round the world in 2010.... it was like watching james bond, wdw security staff are dressed as tourists, and they swope and removed them in minutes, and they were a big group..... u dont want to get kicked out lol!!
Thank-you for the kind words! And your kids will definitely be level-headed! I am sure of it. I am glad that WDW has that zero tolerance rule. It should be all about safe fun and making wonderful memories. I will definitely not end up like that bachelor party.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:06 AM   #37
sillylily
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUfan4444
Your first drink needs to be as memorable as mine. You need to buy a bottle of Mad Dog 20/20 (Orange) and drink it from a brown paper bag. Anything else is selling yourself short, trust me.
Gotta say, my first drink was eerily like yours, enough so that I gagged when the MD reference came up!lol I would also say a Rose Regale, alcoholic but smooth and tame.

sillylily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 01:15 AM   #38
AgentR
Undercover

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
A Long Island Iced Tea will put you under the table for sure.

That being said, I'll suggest anything sitting by the pool at your resort of choice!

I definitely want to relax poolside with a drink. Sounds great!
Old 08-28-2012, 01:22 AM   #39
AgentR
Undercover

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRatPack View Post
That sounds neat.....I'd never heard of it. I'm not a drinker....and my husband isn't home right now to ask him what his favorite drink at the World was. I'm sure it was probably something at Epcot's Food and Wine Festival though , much of which I'm sure you could get year round.

Here is the alcohol picture thread Alcohol at Disney-with pictures.

Have fun
Thank-you for linking the post to the picture thread.
Old 08-28-2012, 06:00 AM   #40
eva
Often uses her unique ability to shut down threads.

DIS Veteran

For a first drink you need to decide if you lean towards something sweet or a bit more tart. I can only handle a sweet drink here or there before I've had enough. So I lean towards tarter drinks. For a sweet drink try a piña colada or a BBC by the pool. there is a lava colada that is half piña colada and half strawberry daquari. For a more tart drink go for the Grey Goose slush in France or a traditional margarita in Mexico. There are just so many choices. Every resort has a drink menu and some of their own specialties. I'm not sure where you are staying, but the best pool drinks on site are at OKW. They still hand mix and blend every drink.

Last edited by eva; 08-31-2012 at 11:25 AM.
eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:33 AM   #41
collegeprogram01
Mouseketeer

try a Lapu Lapu at Kona Cafe in the poly. Awesome drink!
Old 09-05-2012, 02:52 PM   #42
GraceMonica
DIS Veteran

Bumping!

Ill be spending my 21st birthday in WDW and don't even know where to start! (Im very sheltered, so I don't know much about alcoholic beverages to begin with! )
GraceMonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:54 PM   #43
LJSquishy
DIS Veteran

The Grand Marnier slush in France at Epcot would be a wonderful first beverage! It isn't overly strong (just perfect) and has a nice fruity orange flavor, but you can definitely taste the alcohol in it. I loved it! I didn't try the Grey Goose one but most people like both of the slushies.

Definitely do not get a Lapu Lapu! They are very, very, very heavy on the alcohol! It was so much so that it wasn't even enjoyable to drink...well, my husband enjoyed himself...lol

Me-30: -&- DH-34:
LJSquishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 06:00 PM   #44
anhower
Mouseketeer

I discovered the Pina Colava on our trip in January and ended up having one at almost every dinner soooooo good! And not strong it all. I think it's basically a pina colada with bacardi razz and raspberry puree. My DH really likes the Magical Star Cocktail, but that might've been because of the glow cube he got with it

Coronado Springs Resort February 2011 . Port Orleans Riverside January 2012 . Polynesian Resort October 2012 . Port Orleans French Quarter February 2013
anhower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:45 PM   #45
incoo
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKidds View Post
That experience is one that most who have had it would like to wipe from their memory!

If you like sweet and tart together try the Eco-tini. It is made with Acai spirits, which aren't too strong, and has lemon and ginger, among other things. It is served with a cool dried Acai berry bracelet. You get a souvenir, suitable for man or woman, to remind you of your first drink!
Where was this drink ,the wife is intrigued

Tags
agentr, alcohol, beverage, epcot, wdw

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: