Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2012, 11:57 AM   #16
kkandaj
No longer a lurker

The Main Street Ice Cream Parlor has rasberry sorbet that is dairy/soy (and nut/egg) free. DS was so excited to get "ice cream" from a store.

For chocolate chips, we have previously used the ELF brand. I recently found "Baker's Chocolate Chunks" at our grocery store, which is much cheaper than the ELF brand. They do have soy lecithin in them, but no other soy or dairy.

Babycakes was a fun place for DS to visit. He had his first non-homemade donut ever. There was a ton to choose from--for a kid that had never been able to choose something from a bakery. There is a pic on one of the threads. He was so happy!
Old 09-04-2012, 02:15 PM   #17
wendow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkandaj View Post
The Main Street Ice Cream Parlor has rasberry sorbet that is dairy/soy (and nut/egg) free. DS was so excited to get "ice cream" from a store.

For chocolate chips, we have previously used the ELF brand. I recently found "Baker's Chocolate Chunks" at our grocery store, which is much cheaper than the ELF brand. They do have soy lecithin in them, but no other soy or dairy.

Babycakes was a fun place for DS to visit. He had his first non-homemade donut ever. There was a ton to choose from--for a kid that had never been able to choose something from a bakery. There is a pic on one of the threads. He was so happy!
Oh good to know on the sorbet! He'll like that So, so excited for my little guy to be able to choose anything out of a bakery counter! He has never had anything like that either other than my attempts at donuts here at home which have tasted much more like cake than donuts.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2012, 02:36 PM   #18
kkandaj
No longer a lurker

Here is DS with his Babycakes donut. He and DD also chose treats (muffins and muffin tops) to take back to the resort with us. Babycakes packaged them up in a to go box and kept them in their fridge until we were ready to leave Downtown Disney, since it was 90 degrees and the icing would've melted. They also gave him an "I ate my first dessert at babycakes" pin to wear.

Old 09-04-2012, 10:55 PM   #19
wendow
DIS Veteran

Oh my, what a cutie!! And how happy he looks with that donut! I love it!! That seriously brings tears to my eyes just seeing that boy with a big smile all over a donut
Old 09-05-2012, 07:41 PM   #20
Mjkre
Mouseketeer

My DD is dairy free and the first trip we discovered they had great fun ice pops at most carts. next we found the Tofutti and I believe Rice Dream on Main St in MK. Next, we found the lists that are at every Counter Service Restaurant with all the great dairy free products and snacks (brownies, cookies, etc). And a chef at every table sevice made a special dessert for her at every meal.

Certain CS have certain foods, others do not. The place near Tower of Terror in HS was our go to place for Dairy Free and Columbia Harbor House in MK.

Have fun!
Mjkre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:14 PM   #21
wendow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjkre View Post
My DD is dairy free and the first trip we discovered they had great fun ice pops at most carts. next we found the Tofutti and I believe Rice Dream on Main St in MK. Next, we found the lists that are at every Counter Service Restaurant with all the great dairy free products and snacks (brownies, cookies, etc). And a chef at every table sevice made a special dessert for her at every meal.

Certain CS have certain foods, others do not. The place near Tower of Terror in HS was our go to place for Dairy Free and Columbia Harbor House in MK.

Have fun!
Thank you! Ice pops will be great for him and Columbia Harbor House is definitely on our list.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: