Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2012, 04:00 PM   #16
gelebean2
Earning My Ears

I book to save my room i want with Disney around a yr before my trip. Make small monthly payments n pay it off before going.

Disney does let u call in and have the room rate readjusted with the package deals or room only deals or even free dining if you want. Last yr i adjusted my price four times to get the best price with Disney directly.

Park passes with park hopper is just like $20.00 cheaper through AAA then direct with Disney after taxes, fees. So i get my park passes through AAA.

If u call Disney directly, u can check on their rates n packages ( i do a couple times a month for the best deal) U CAN ASK FOR AAA DISCOUNT OFFERS when u call Disney directly they do apply a AAA discount if u are a AAA member.
gelebean2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 05:35 PM   #17
pg0314
Mouseketeer

I did a lot of research before booking our upcoming trip and AAA had the best package deals for what we wanted. By booking our flight and hotel together we got a really, really good rate on the room. And AAA travel insurance is a bargain at $50 a piece.
pg0314 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-28-2012, 12:14 PM   #18
skriegerjr
Monorail Maven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonny View Post
A travel agency that specializes in Disney can get you the AAA discount on the room. That way you get room discount and Disney knowledge.
Discount but none of the AAA Benefits...

"Any review by me is based on my own personal experience and isn't necessarily indicative of similar experiences in the future, for myself or for other guests. Please use the review at your own risk, and know that it is worth exactly what you paid for it..."

skriegerjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 12:21 PM   #19
skriegerjr
Monorail Maven

Quote:
Originally Posted by daughtryfan114 View Post
Yeah I called and unfortunately it is all booked. She said there is about 50 spots allotted for it. She has noticed pretty many AAA people calling once they get their booklet and see the fireworks voucher. I emailed our agent and told him he should mention it when people are making their initial reservations. Just because he didn't feel it was "worth" it doesn't mean we didn't.
Oh well, we are going to have a blast anyway!!! 20 days and counting!!!
In the FWIW category, we've never been able to book it either (always booked up!) but I have a friend who's a certified WDW nut (she's had several of her tips published in the Passporter for Guests with Special Needs) and she had a great tip for me, watch the Fireworks from the Train Platform, and then walk down and out of the park after they are over, no crowds and you beat the mad rush for the bus/monorail/boat, etc. Can't wait to try it this trip.

Also, this past November, we watched the fireworks from the boat dock at TTC, the music was piped over there as well, and it was fantastic...we had parked there that day, so we literally finished watching the fireworks, got in our car, and drove back to POFQ, and were home in 10 min or less! Way better than 2hrs waiting for buses! We are going again this November, but had to postpone from Aug to Nov, so decided to upgrade to WL. Can't wait!

"Any review by me is based on my own personal experience and isn't necessarily indicative of similar experiences in the future, for myself or for other guests. Please use the review at your own risk, and know that it is worth exactly what you paid for it..."

skriegerjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:03 PM   #20
Julie521
DIS Veteran

I booked through AAA and got a room discount, then when the free dining came up during our dates, we switched to that discount and the free dining actually took $200 off the price. Sine we drove, we also loved the perk of the "AAA diamond parking." you pretty much park up front in every park except AK. You also get some vouchers, and a 10% discount at all Disney stores. Our travel agent was great for what we needed. I planned everything myself and made our reservations so I wasn't worried about needed that extra assistance.

Julie521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:37 PM   #21
JStiffler
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie521
I booked through AAA and got a room discount, then when the free dining came up during our dates, we switched to that discount and the free dining actually took $200 off the price. Sine we drove, we also loved the perk of the "AAA diamond parking." you pretty much park up front in every park except AK. You also get some vouchers, and a 10% discount at all Disney stores. Our travel agent was great for what we needed. I planned everything myself and made our reservations so I wasn't worried about needed that extra assistance.
How did you "switch"? Were you able to keep your original room? My AAA agent said that she would have to book another room and then cancel my original booking. There was nothing open so she couldn't do it. Is that correct???
JStiffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:59 AM   #22
Julie521
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JStiffler View Post
How did you "switch"? Were you able to keep your original room? My AAA agent said that she would have to book another room and then cancel my original booking. There was nothing open so she couldn't do it. Is that correct???
Yes, I believe she had to change the reservation. I called the day the free dining offer came up and was able to get it. Maybe because I was going during the value season I was able to change.

Julie521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:55 AM   #23
Disneynewtome
Mouseketeer

AAA Fireworks Voucher And Story Telling

Has anyone taken advantage of this offers? Where are these located and do have to make reservation?
Old 09-13-2012, 03:31 PM   #24
JStiffler
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneynewtome
Has anyone taken advantage of this offers? Where are these located and do have to make reservation?
We have MK fireworks reservations for our October trip. It is standing room only, but DD5 will have a stroller.
We did not book the story time because it is offered at Epcot and only certain days (Mon, Wed, Thurs I believe?)
JStiffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 06:57 AM   #25
Disneynewtome
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JStiffler View Post
We have MK fireworks reservations for our October trip. It is standing room only, but DD5 will have a stroller.
We did not book the story time because it is offered at Epcot and only certain days (Mon, Wed, Thurs I believe?)
is the standing room only in a certain area?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: