Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2012, 05:17 PM   #76
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

Storybook Circus, HERE I COME!

I was so excited. I saw so many pictures of it on the DIS and Instagram, and I couldn’t wait any longer.

We got over to Storybook Circus and I was blown away. Dumbo is beautiful. I just couldn’t get over it. I knew it would be amazing from all the pictures but I didn’t realize I would be blown away. You guys, you HAVE to go to Storybook Circus at night. I bet it’s just as amazing during the day, but at night…wow. Then I took five million pictures of Dumbo because I just couldn’t believe how well the Imagineers designed it. So basically this whole update will mostly be pictures from Storybook Circus. You’re welcome. No I don’t care if you are bored after looking at like 5 zillion pictures of Dumbo. It’s MY trip report so I can post 5 zillion pictures of Dumbo if I want. I know it’s just Dumbo, but it’s a classic and it’s amazing. So THERE!

Moving on to the pictures…

A blurry picture of the sign…

We had a hard time finding the entrance to Dumbo. We must have been tired because the entrance is like right next to the sign. And there is a CM in one of those awesome circus outfits that I LOVE SOSOSOSOSO much standing right by the entrance. We must have been out of it. So we wondered for a while and we finally found where you enter after like a decade.

I don’t know which Dumbo we went on (since there are two, duh) but they are both exactly the same so it doesn’t really matter all that much.

Then I went picture crazy.

SEE WHAT I AM TELLING YOU PEOPLE??????

Seriously, my pictures do not do it justice.

Then we had to get on. I NEEDED to ride this masterpiece. So Mum and I squished into a Dumbo. We could barely fit together. I can’t imagine if Mama sat in a Dumbo. And if you are wondering who Mama is, she is the mother on Here Comes Honey Boo Boo. It’s not like we watch that show or anything… And I am NOT making fun of pooh sized people. I’m not rude like that. I only make fun of the Honey Boo Boo family because they are freaks, all they eat is junk food, and they are rednecks. But I bet rednecks are very nice people, even though they do weird things like belly flop in mud. And get their toes run over by forklifts. I watch weird shows, OK?! I’m a weird person. So I guess that makes Mum a weird person too since she also watches Here Comes Honey Boo Boo. Actually, I don’t think we are the weird ones since we don’t get teacup piggies and name them Glizty or do pageants…

Where was I…?

*rereads what I have already written*

That’s right! DUMBO! “You know, the flying elephant?” And now that I think of it, I never patted our Dumbo on the head and said “Lookin’ good buddy!” Oh, Stacey…

Why, hello there Dumbo!

The wind was in my hair, I could see Cinderella’s Castle, and I was being squished by mum. What more could I have asked for?

After our lovely ride on Dumbo, we exited and then we went to the Barnstormer! Wait, not before a picture with the flying elephant!

We walked towards the Barnstormer and I looked down.
PEANUTS!!

Disney details <3

We hopped in line for the Barnstormer and it said it was a 10 minute wait.

We walked right on and didn’t even have to wait. Mum and I squished into a seat again and got whipped around SO bad! Thank GOD it was over in two seconds, but it wasn’t even worth it. If you see a wait that is longer than 10 minutes, don’t even bother with going on.

We exited Storybook Circus and we looked at the clock. A nighttime spectacular was starting very soon!
Old 09-04-2012, 07:16 PM   #77
melmar136
DIS Veteran

OMG! Did you have a lot of caffeine when you got home from school, before you wrote this?

I have to say, LOVE the new Dumbo...although, .I think you may have scared some readers away with the babbling about Honey Boo Boo!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2012, 07:19 PM   #78
LifeIsDis

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmar136
OMG! Did you have a lot of caffeine when you got home from school, before you wrote this?

I have to say, LOVE the new Dumbo...although, .I think you may have scared some readers away with the babbling about Honey Boo Boo!
I did not have ANY caffeine at school!
I don't think I have scared any readers away. This whole TR is just me babbling so people should be used to it!
Old 09-04-2012, 08:50 PM   #79
DisneyMomFanatic
DIS Veteran

I ABSOLUTELY love your pictures of Dumbo. Dumbo is one of my 3 favorite disney characters and I love what they have done with Dumbo, it's fabulous!!!!!
Me, DH, & DS: Dec '99 off prop (parent's house), Nov '00 Contemporary, April '02 POR
Me, DH, DS, &DD:April '03 off prop (parent's house), April '05 off prop (parent's house), June '06 off prop (parent's house), August '07 POP, Dec '08/Jan '09 POP,August '10 Contemporary, August '12 AoA, July '14 POR

Where is the funnel cake?
I found the funnel cake, now where is the chocolate covered pineapple?
Old 09-04-2012, 09:02 PM   #80
LifeIsDis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomFanatic View Post
I ABSOLUTELY love your pictures of Dumbo. Dumbo is one of my 3 favorite disney characters and I love what they have done with Dumbo, it's fabulous!!!!!
Thank you! I took a lot and there are more coming later
It really is fabulous!
Old 09-05-2012, 12:39 AM   #81
ireneryan
DIS Veteran

I love your babbling, it's all good natured fun, I'm sure you did not offend any of the rednecks that have had their feet runned over. And I for one as a plus size person think I will start referring to myself as Pooh sized!
Old 09-05-2012, 02:53 PM   #82
LifeIsDis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ireneryan View Post
I love your babbling, it's all good natured fun, I'm sure you did not offend any of the rednecks that have had their feet runned over. And I for one as a plus size person think I will start referring to myself as Pooh sized!
I'm glad some people like my babbling!
Yeah, I hope I didn't offened anyone that are rednecks with nasty toes.
I know some people on the dis call themselves pooh sized. I guess it sounds better, in a way.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:26 PM   #83
LifeIsDis

"When you wish upon a star..."

We DID NOT want to go to Main Street to see Wishes. We knew it would be a complete nightmare and we wouldn’t be able to get through the crowds. Since we were in Fantasyland, there was only one thing to do. Which would be to watch from Fantasyland! We knew it would be a totally different experience. We have ALWAYS watched from Main Street, but trying something new wouldn’t be bad. So we stood right by Phillharmagic and the carousel.

We waited for about 15 minutes and I went on my iTouch.

Then Wishes started I bawled my eyes out. I fell on the ground crying and CMs rushed over to me and asked if I was ok. I told them I was alright, it was just the fireworks. Actually that didn’t happen. I just got a little teary eyed. I can’t get enough of Wishes. I just want to watch it every night of my life. Goosebumps covered my arms. I still couldn’t believe where I was. It was so magical.

It’s also TOTALLY different from Fantasyland. You have to keep looking behind you, at the castle…EVERYWHERE for the fireworks. You know when you are watching from Main Street, they look like they are right behind the castle? It’s so weird when you see them from somewhere else.

And that concludes Wishes photos…for now.

It got pretty crowded in Fantasyland. I was kind of surprised at that. I can’t imagine how it was on Main Street!

After Wishes was over, we went on everyone’s favorite ride (well maybe not everyone’s…), It’s a Small World! EMH had just started so they were asking for your Key to the World cards and some guests were not even showing them to CMs and got on. It was craziness.

We got front row and we were reminded not to dance while on the ride, cause you know, I can be pretty crazy sometimes!

I love how this hippo can’t blink at all. His eyes are totally messed up.

Love these hula girls!

Chao! Bye! Adios! Or as I say, Peace Out!

We headed out of Fantasyland and we went to Main Street.

You can hardly tell it’s me…

Then it was off to Adventureland!
Old 09-05-2012, 05:32 PM   #84
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

why have I never thought of taking a pic of the back of the castle at night OMG gorgeous!!!!

Old 09-05-2012, 07:58 PM   #85
LifeIsDis

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
why have I never thought of taking a pic of the back of the castle at night OMG gorgeous!!!!
I know it's beautiful!
Old 09-05-2012, 08:26 PM   #86
DisneyMomFanatic
DIS Veteran

You have some really awesome pictures there!
Me, DH, & DS: Dec '99 off prop (parent's house), Nov '00 Contemporary, April '02 POR
Me, DH, DS, &DD:April '03 off prop (parent's house), April '05 off prop (parent's house), June '06 off prop (parent's house), August '07 POP, Dec '08/Jan '09 POP,August '10 Contemporary, August '12 AoA, July '14 POR

Where is the funnel cake?
I found the funnel cake, now where is the chocolate covered pineapple?
Old 09-05-2012, 09:25 PM   #87
LifeIsDis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomFanatic View Post
You have some really awesome pictures there!
Thank you!
Old 09-06-2012, 05:10 PM   #88
LifeIsDis

"I am brave! I'm not a chicken!"

It was off to Adventureland!!

I was excited to be in Adventureland. Why? Three words: THE ORANGE BIRD.
I was so excited. Like, the Orange Bird is amazing. I mean, he is so cute, he has a REALLY awesome song (you can find it here. Now you will have it stuck in your head. You’re welcome), and well…he is just awesome, OK?! I fell in love with him when they re-introduced him in March. Maybe I like him so much because I like vintage stuff from Disney.

So we made our way over to the Sunshine Tree Terrace and I was practically skipping because I was so excited. Then we got there and saw this.

I flipped out. No not because of the Orange Bird. BECAUSE IT WAS CLOSED. I was so bummed. So if you guys want to go visit my very good friend who think orange thoughts, don’t go during Extra Magic Hours because then you will stand in front of the Sunshine Tree Terrace like me and say “AWWWWWW WHY IS IT CLOSED????”

But I did pay a visit to the Orange Bird, so it was all good.

Since we couldn’t get a citrus swirl, we had to settle for a dole whip. I say that like that is so rough. Well it is…if you are one of those losers who don’t like dole whips, but I’m not one of those losers. So I was fine with a dole whip, even though I really wanted to try a citrus swirl.

So we stood in line and got two pineapple and vanilla swirls and brought them over to the little seating area that is right next to Aloha Isle. I think it is so cute in that area. I love it so much.

We ate our dole whips and just chilled in Adventureland for a while.

Mum thought that the dole whip tasted different from the Poly. I didn’t think so then but I tried one later in the trip at the Poly and it was a lot better.

Then we went off into the world of khaki pants and funny jokes!
It was only a 10 minute wait!

We walked through the queue and had to wait for the next boat. While we were waiting, a CM told us to look at some guy who looked like Chuck Norris. So we peaked over and he looked EXACTLY like him. Like, it was scary.

Just saw a guy who looks exactly like Chuck Norris. @lifehouse

The reason I mentioned my favorite band (aka the one, the only, Lifehouse. No not Lighthouse) is because the lead singer (Jason Wade) used to tweet TONS of Chuck Norris jokes (that I miss dearly) so I just HAD to tweet them!

We got up to the dock and we were first in line for the boat. These two CMs that were there were just nuts. Their names were Forest and Liam. They were INSANE. Liam kept dancing like MC Hammer across the dock and we couldn’t stop cracking up. Then Liam kept telling us there was a bat at the dock (I don’t know if there really was…) and he named him, but I cannot remember for the life of me what he named the bat…if there even was one or not.

Jungle Cruise CMs are my favorite. Like, they just can’t get any better.

And then it was time to load our boat. Since we were first in line, we got the front of the boat! Our skipper was named Rikki and we just loved her.

The Jungle Cruise was TOTALLY different at night, but really cool.

Then guys, we saw something amazing. I wish it wasn’t dark out so I could have grabbed a picture of the most amazing thing in all of Walt Disney World. What am I saying?! The most amazing thing in the entire WORLD! That’s right people, it was the backside of WATER! Or as Rikki called it “O₂H!” Haha get it? It’s H₂O BACKWARDS! Cause it’s the backside of water? Knee slappin’ jokes I tell you! Maybe I’m the only one that finds it funny…

MOVING ON!

Then Rikki just kept saying more of her knee slappin’ jokes at the end of our cruise through the jungle. Like:
“Animal crackers: Teaching kids all around the world that all animals taste the same!”

...and that’s all I wrote down. Yeah…

Then she kicked us out of the boat but I guess she didn’t think it was too nice the way she said it.
“Where’s my Disney hospitality? Bibbidi, bobbidi, GET OUT!”

Like I said, I love Jungle cruise CMs and the skippers.

We went over to Pirates of the Caribbean and it was a walk on! Boo to the ya!

After Pirates, we went over to Frontierland.

An awful picture of Splash Mountain.

No we weren’t going on Splash! We were going on the wildest ride in the wilderness! While I typed that I said it in the guy’s voice. He’s just as awesome as the Disney Voice Guy.

Big Thunder Mountain had a 20 minute wait so we hopped right in line and didn’t wait that long.

This little girl (she was about five) in front of us was going on BTMR for the first time and she kept saying “I am brave! I’m not a chicken!” Cutest. Thing. Ever. And she got front row!

Mum asked what time it was and I looked on my iTouch and it was already midnight! Where does the time go? And we had to get up in 6 hours to go BACK to the Magic Kingdom. So we decided to head out after riding Big Thunder Mountain.

I LOVED riding BTMR at night. It was so cool. And during one part of the ride, if you look to your left when you are going past the buildings, look at the top of one and you can hear and see people having a party. I had read about that before our trip and I wanted to see that.

When we were getting off, I heard that little girl telling her mother “SEEEE! I’m not a chicken!” I just love little kids sometimes.

We made our way through Liberty Square and onto Main Street.

Pretty castle <3

Before we left, we decided to stop in the Emporium…just because.

After our little pit stop, we made our way out of the park. We would be back in about 7 hours!

Mum and I overheard a guy asking a CM if he could take a boat form the Magic Kingdom to Port Orleans Riverside. People, I tell you! They know NOTHING. Dear god.

We waited a little while for the bus but we soon got on one. I was going to write in my trip journal so I wouldn’t have to write when we got back to the room so I took it out. Mum looked at me and said “They turn the lights off you know!” Oh yeah…

I think we took the long way back to the Beach Club because it took FOREVER. I just wanted to go to bed.

We finally got back to the room at about 1 and got about 5 hours of sleep that night. We had a big morning the next day…oh wait it was already Monday!

Overview of the day

Weather:
Sunny all day except a shower in the afternoon

Highs:
Getting our APs and TiW card!
Seeing Karin and Tom
Switching over to the Beach Club
Being at the Magic Kingdom <3
STORYBOOK CIRCUS!!!
Big Thunder Mountain and the Jungle Cruise at night

Lows:
Chaos at breakfast
NO OREO BON BONS!!!!!
The Sunshine Tree Terrace wasn’t open!
Old 09-06-2012, 09:21 PM   #89
melmar136
DIS Veteran

Great update Meg!

I have to say, the Orange Bird is a cutie. Even though I do like Dole Whips better (especially at the Poly)!

We had a lot of fun that night, and the time just flew by. Too bad we had to be back there so early, or we could have stayed a little longer! THAT night, during EMH, I wasn't exhausted and the lines weren't crazy!
Old 09-06-2012, 09:27 PM   #90
LifeIsDis

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmar136 View Post
Great update Meg!

I have to say, the Orange Bird is a cutie. Even though I do like Dole Whips better (especially at the Poly)!

We had a lot of fun that night, and the time just flew by. Too bad we had to be back there so early, or we could have stayed a little longer! THAT night, during EMH, I wasn't exhausted and the lines weren't crazy!
Thanks Mummy
Dole whips are better, but nothing beats the Orange Bird.
Well yeah they were open till 1!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: