Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2012, 09:58 PM   #61
melmar136
DIS Veteran

Now you see why Grammy loved the Beach Club so much! And she didn't even stay in the Villas!
Old 08-29-2012, 11:43 PM   #62
ShortStuff
Mouseketeer

Really awesome trip report so far!!! : Love all of your pictures!

I feel your pain about llloooonnnnnnggggg drives, as we drive from Central TX. When we go to WDW in 2 weeks we are going in my daughters' Fiat 500 for the first time. It will be interesting to see if we get there without killing eachother first!

Love the Villa pictures! We are staying at AKV for 1 week, in a savannah view room, then transferring off property for a week at the Marriott Harbour Lake. My grandsons are very excited about the pirate pool there!!

Looking forward to more adventures!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-30-2012, 02:57 PM   #63
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmar136 View Post
Now you see why Grammy loved the Beach Club so much! And she didn't even stay in the Villas!
Did she ever even stay there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortStuff View Post
Really awesome trip report so far!!! : Love all of your pictures!

I feel your pain about llloooonnnnnnggggg drives, as we drive from Central TX. When we go to WDW in 2 weeks we are going in my daughters' Fiat 500 for the first time. It will be interesting to see if we get there without killing eachother first!

Love the Villa pictures! We are staying at AKV for 1 week, in a savannah view room, then transferring off property for a week at the Marriott Harbour Lake. My grandsons are very excited about the pirate pool there!!

Looking forward to more adventures!!
WELCOME!
Thank you so much. I appreciate it!
How long is the drive from Texas? I bet very long!
I really like AKV. We stayed there on our last trip and we didn't have a savannah view room but we loved looking at the animals from the lobby.
Trust me, there is A LOT more to come!
Old 08-30-2012, 04:57 PM   #64
LifeIsDis

The case of the missing Oreo Bon Bons

So we checked in early for our ADR and we got in in about 5 minutes. Where were we going exactly?

Cape May Café of course! Mum and I were both very excited to try it here. I heard so many great things about it. I couldn’t wait to try the Oreo Bon Bons because I heard people RAVE about them. I knew they were going to be delicious. I mean, it’s Oreo for crying out loud!

Some Dude walked us in. Yes, his name was Some Dude. Actually I don’t remember his name. Let’s just call him Ralph. Ralph sounds like a good name.

So the desserts are right in front of the door when you walk in. Ralph was showing us all of the desserts when my jaw dropped. No, not because the desserts looked so good…

WHERE ARE THE OREO BON BONS?!?!?!

THEY WERE MISSING…just like the stepsisters…(foreshadowing!). I couldn’t believe it. I was looking forward to them SO much and they weren’t even there. Mum and I were mad and we were like “Well this ruins everything!” I know there was a big seafood buffet right behind us but I WANTED THOSE OREO BON BONS!!!

Pui, or waitress, soon came to our table and told us a little about the buffet and then told us we could go up when we were ready. I was ready! I needed food in my tummy!

Here are a few buffet pictures:

I call this picture “Food with a big hand.” Truly a masterpiece.

We went back to our table and started to chow down…BUT WAIT! We need food pictures!

This was Mum’s first plate. It looks like some brown stuff, cauliflower, fried shrimp, rice, green beans, and crab legs.

She also got corn bread, ceaser salad, and a tomato mozzarella salad.

This was my first plate. It looks like rice, potatoes, I think seafood pasta, and crab legs.

I also got fully loaded potato salad and ceaser salad.

The crab legs were a pain in the neck! Pui showed us how to crack them and that didn’t go over real well… And plus they hardly have any meat in them!

In between eating, I colored on the table. I don’t understand why they have to throw the tablecloths out afterwards because I bet a lot of people must draw some lovely pictures. I bet they saved mine though because I truly have a talent as you can see.

Disney should really hire me as an animator…

We went back up and I got bread and the amazing potato salad. I could’ve just eaten that stuff all night.

Mum got corn, meat from the carving station, bread and butter, pasta, potatoes, and broccoli.

Then we sadly made our way up to the desserts.

It was so horrible I tell you.

We went back to the table and the dessert was just ok. It wasn’t the same without those Oreo Bon Bons. I wanted to try them SOOO bad.

My desserts: Strawberry shortcake, a brownie, and Boston crème pie.

Mum got strawberry shortcake, Boston crème pie, I think key lime pie, and some sort of cookie thing it looks like.

The desserts were ok. They weren’t amazing or anything.

We asked Pui about the Oreo Bon Bons and she said a few months ago, they took them off of the menu. It probably wasn’t “a few months ago.” It was probably the day before we ate there!
She said they tried to change the menu up a little so they took the Oreo Bon Bons off, EVEN THOUGH THEY WERE THE MOST POPULAR DESSERT. That makes no sense if you ask me. If so many people rave about them, then why the crap would you take them off the menu?!?!? Ridiculousness I tell you!
BUT, she said they will be selling them at the Marketplace, EVANTUALLY. Yeah, probably like 10 years from now.
She apologized, but it wasn’t her fault.

THEY TOOK THE OREO BON BONS OFF OF THE MENU. I'm asking for my money back.

So we paid and then headed out to our first park of the trip!

Cape May Café
Food: It was ok. There was a lot of variety, but some wasn’t that great and we didn’t think it was worth the money. And plus they didn’t have the Oreo Bon Bons! 2.5/5
Atmosphere: It was kind of loud, but we loved the beach theme and you could hear seagulls sometimes, which we thought was a nice touch. 4/5
Service: Pui was our waitress and she was just alright. Nothing memorable or anything. 3/5

We walked to the bus stop…

DISNEY RUGS <3

We got to the bus stop and waited a little while for a bus. Tons of people were going with us to…
Old 08-30-2012, 06:10 PM   #65
ireneryan
DIS Veteran

I would have cried about the Oreo Bon-bons, I truly would have just had a little toddler like meltdown. But I get really wierd over food...

I just have to tell you again, you are sooo good at this trip report stuff, excellent job, can't wait for the next update!
Old 08-30-2012, 08:34 PM   #66
LifeIsDis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ireneryan View Post
I would have cried about the Oreo Bon-bons, I truly would have just had a little toddler like meltdown. But I get really wierd over food...

I just have to tell you again, you are sooo good at this trip report stuff, excellent job, can't wait for the next update!
I totally had a toddler meltdown! I was so looking forward to them.
Oh my goodness, thank you SO much! Glad to have you here for my first TR
Old 08-31-2012, 02:55 PM   #67
LifeIsDis

I die on Main Street USA.

Where were we off to this lovely Sunday night? The most magical of kingdoms of course!

We got on the bus and headed to my house. You know, the Magic Kingdom. Except, the stupid bus driver didn’t put the amazing man we all love so much on till the last possible second. I almost yelled at him “I WANT THE DISNEY BUS GUY!!” I thought that would have been very rude of me.

We got off the bus and I saw a ton of pin boards so I ran to see them.

THE MONORAIL!!

EEEEEEE!!!!

Grand Floridian VILLA construction!

I love that big light post in the way...

I love seeing signs like these.

I got over there and I traded for a Fastpass pin and then we were on our way.

We got to bag check and the guy who was checking our bags was ridiculous. He had to look at every single little thing and inspect it. It’s not like I had a gun, Universal merchandise, or a knife in my bag. So finally after this guy inspected my bag VERY thoroughly, we FINALLY got to my house and then I went picture crazy.

<3 <3 <3

I WAS SOOOOOO EXCITED.

Someone just bring me back to that moment. Please? With sprinkles on top?

THE ORANGE BIRD AGHKGAKUGKH.

Then I basically died.

Basically sobbing right now.

After I died on Main Street USA, we went into a few stores.

I'll have this one…

That one…

And the whole rest of the store please!
But really, aren’t those blown glass bowls so pretty? I love them!

We made our way out. NO, not out of the park! There were Extra Magic Hours this night!

We made our way down Main Street and saw DUCKS! Mum said it was Donald and Daisy.

I love this picture with Mickey and Minnie at the bottom <3

We made our way to our first ride of the night. What would it be?
Old 08-31-2012, 08:50 PM   #68
melmar136
DIS Veteran

I really couldn't believe there were no Oreo bon bons. So, you take your most popular dessert, and delete it from the menu? Hmmm....that doesn't seem quite right somehow. Good thing we had the Magic Kingdom right after to make up for it, huh?

Btw, can't wait to see the Grand Floridian villas when they're done....I wonder if we'll ever get to stay there? And how many points it will be?!?!
Old 08-31-2012, 09:12 PM   #69
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

I've never seen those glass items before,i'd be afraid to bring my little Hurricane Hailey anywhere near them lol,but I so want one of those vases!!!

Old 08-31-2012, 09:22 PM   #70
LifeIsDis

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmar136 View Post
I really couldn't believe there were no Oreo bon bons. So, you take your most popular dessert, and delete it from the menu? Hmmm....that doesn't seem quite right somehow. Good thing we had the Magic Kingdom right after to make up for it, huh?

Btw, can't wait to see the Grand Floridian villas when they're done....I wonder if we'll ever get to stay there? And how many points it will be?!?!
MK did make up for the Oreo Bon Bons!
We probably will never get to stay there because they will be A TON of points!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
I've never seen those glass items before,i'd be afraid to bring my little Hurricane Hailey anywhere near them lol,but I so want one of those vases!!!
The blown glass items are in Crystal Arts I'm pretty sure. Yeah, I wouldn't take any little kids near them!
Old 09-02-2012, 12:38 PM   #71
LifeIsDis

I get stuck in jail with Zurg

We headed towards Tomorrowland and we walked right on to the…

…Peoplemover of course!

Our feetsssssss. Yes, feetsssssss.

I could ride on the Peoplemover all day long. It’s just so peaceful and you get to have like a little tour of Tomorrowland and hear Mickey say “It’s out of this world! *Mickey laugh*” when you go over Mickey’s Star Traders. And I do not recommend sitting under Mickey’s Star Traders listening to Mickey say that about five million times. It’s not like I’ve done that or anything…

One of my favorite pictures I took the whole trip <3

Beautiful.

We then exited the Peoplemover . I said hi to my friends…

And then we went into Mickey’s Star Traders because Mum saw a hat she liked from the Peoplemover.

She looked at the hats and decided she really didn’t like them so them we went over to Buzz. They still had Fastpasses so we got some for 8:55-9:55.

Not bad if you ask me!

Since we still had time to kill before we could use our FPs, we went over to the Laugh Floor!

Waiting for the Laugh Floor!

I just love Roz.

We waited all of 10 minutes to get into the next show.

Can I just tell you guys how much I love Mike’s nephew?!?!? HE IS THE CUTEST THING I’VE EVER SEEN. I don’t remember his name but all I know is that he’s cute and he’s orange. And he’s the one who reads off the jokes people sent in.
Someone sent in a joke from Boston and we screamed so loud. We probably sounded ridiculous, but who cares. These senior citizens turned around a few rows in front of us and gave us a look. Really people?! We are here to have fun!

Once we got out of the Laugh Floor, we headed over to Buzz so I could kick some behind. Actually I’m really bad at it.

We didn’t even wait in line. It was a walk on!
There was this kid (who didn’t speak English of course) that was in the stand by line and decided to hope over into the Fastpass line. The CM asked him where his FP was and he was like “…what???” Really kid!

We got on and we were ready to defeat the evil ZURG!

Oooooohhhh!

Surprisingly, I WON!

That was a first.

Our ride photo.

Mum looks really scared and I look like a pig.

Then I got stuck in jail!

OH NOOOO!

Actually, I did get stuck. I was trying to get my way through the bars and I couldn’t get out. I started freaking out. I thought I would be stuck with Zurg FOREVER! I pushed my way through and I finally got out. Thank God or else the fire department would have had to come. That would be a lovely 911 call. “Hi, my daughter is stuck in jail with Zurg.” Yeah…

So after I got free, we went over to Storybook Circus. I was so excited!
Old 09-03-2012, 01:26 PM   #72
melmar136
DIS Veteran

Love the picture of the sunset behind the castle!

Lucky for you, you squeezed out of the jail. You must have eaten too much at dinner!
Old 09-03-2012, 02:46 PM   #73
LifeIsDis

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmar136
Love the picture of the sunset behind the castle!

Lucky for you, you squeezed out of the jail. You must have eaten too much at dinner!
Yeah me too!
I didn't even eat a lot at dinner!! Imagine if I was Mama and couldn't get out
Old 09-03-2012, 03:38 PM   #74
Babyd2003
Earning My Ears

Fantastic Trip Report
Old 09-03-2012, 03:56 PM   #75
LifeIsDis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyd2003
Fantastic Trip Report