Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2012, 04:52 PM   #331
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

I'M BACK.

You are all probably jumping up and down right now with joy because you are all so happy to read the last two updates.

Now you can all cry again.

So, y'all are probably wondering how our trip was.

I have one word for ya:
interesting.

I don't know what else to say.

Actually, I have a lot of things to say, but that will be in the TR.

The TR should be interesting to say the least.

And so y'all won't have to be searchin' for it when I start it because I will post the link soon. I would like to start it tomorrow. We'll see if that happens.

So anyways, enjoy the last two updates!

The end of our week at Disney

August 20th

We woke up at about 7:30 and got ready.

It was actually really cool in our room. Shocker, I know.

I'm heartbroken. We leave today

And I am NOT looking forward to driving the 22 hours home.

I wore one of my Jack Skellington shirts because I thought it showed my emotions well. Jackís face is all over the shirt crying, yelling, and smiling, which I wasnít doing that morning, but whatever.

We headed down to Oliviaís for breakfast because we had an ADR for 8:30, but we didnít even need it because it was so dead in there.

This was the view from our table.

I really liked the way it was decorated in there!

Mum and I both got the Oliviaís breakfast. It comes with eggs, potatoes, a biscuit or toast, and your choice of ham, sausage, or bacon.

I got scrambled eggs, a biscuit, potatoes, and ham.

Mum got toast, scrambled eggs, potatoes, and bacon.

Everything was delicious, and it was the cheapest thing on the menu, so Mum liked that.

They also had a GIANT pin board in there and I got the last Orange Bird pin I needed for my collection. Yay!

We paid and then headed out.

Oliviaís
Food: The food was delicious and we both enjoyed our meals. 5/5
Atmosphere: It was very quiet in there, probably because there was like only 2 other people in there. I loved the decorations also they have! 5/5
Service: Stoyan was our server and he was excellent except he was a little hard to understand sometimes. 4.5/5

Overall, we loved Oliviaís. I am sure we will be back if we stay at OKW again!

We got in the car at about 9:30 and started driving. I was so sad. I didnít want to leave at all. Itís just so sad.

Then I saw this.

WAHHHHHHHHHHH! ): ): *cries*

These Disney billboard signs are killing me.
It was awful.

Our ride was pretty uneventful, until we got to St. Augustine. And we all know whatís there!

Three words: THE DISNEY OUTLET.

YIPPEEE!

We headed inside and spent an hour in there. Yes, and hour. Itís not like we cared that we just spent hundreds of dollars at WDW or anything. We needed MORE Disney merchandise.

We have a sick obsession with Disney merchandise, well at least I do anyways.

We spent about $70 in there and got a fleece jacket with Mickey and Minnie on it, matching crew necks (we do NOT wear them on the same day. That would be weird), a Christmas shirt for moi, a mouse pad, and a Christmas shirt for my cousin. The fleece jacket was originally like $65, so not bad my friends!

Spent over an hour in the Disney outlet. We aren't crazy at all.

After we were done, we headed back on the road and went to Chick-Fil-A for lunch. If you werenít expecting that, you have a problem.
I didnít take food picture because I am sure you guys have seen enough of chicken at the beginning of this TR. You are all probably sick of me talking about chicken. If you arenít, I LOVE YOU!

I donít really have anything to say about our ride. It was awful to say the least. I basically tweeted the whole time.

South of the Border is in 92 miles. I'm excited. #not
We didnít stop. If you wanted to see more pictures of the most awful place everÖwait. Thatís Universal. So the second most awful place ever. So yeah, if you wanted to see pictures for some crazy reason, Iím sorry.

Stopping for a Krispy Kreme donut. At least this will make me happy.
And then we got lost trying to find the Kripsy Kreme shop, and then we finally found it and it was in the ghetto.

Mmmm, Mcdonalds. SO much better than our dinner last night at Le Cellier. #thisfoodisnasty

My stupid iced tea from Mcdonalds tastes like water. And it's not in a red cup that says Disney Parks on it. #BRINGMEBACK

Such a great dinner we had.

We got to the hotel in North Carolina around 10 and checked in.

The guy at the front desk at our hotel asked us if we just came from Disneyland. I didn't know we were in California!
The biggest pet peeve of mine.

And then the non-CM said when he went to Disney, everyone was WAY too happy. He should be happy he didnít end up with a black eye.

They had free cookies in the lobby and they weren't soft like at the Wilderness Lodge
I JUST WANTED TO GO BACK.

We got to our room and I took a few pictures for yíall, even though you probably donít care.

Stacy isnít even on when I turn on the tv
It was heartbreaking.

Mum then took her shoes off and oh my dear god. I am not saying that because they smelled or anything. They were SOOOOO swollen, that it hurt to walk. The last time she had swollen feet like that was when she was pregnant with moi. She looked online for what caused her ridiculous swollen feet and it said if you have done a lot of standing or walking, I think. Well then that would be why.

Before we went to bed, we looked online to see if there were anymore Disney outlets on the way home and found one in Virginia. BOO TO THE YA! And we also found out that they were opening one up near us soon and we went to it last month and it was AWESOME!

We went to bed at about 11 without Stacy playing in the background on the tv. It was awful
Old 11-29-2012, 04:58 PM   #332
LifeIsDis

More driving/wrap up

August 21st

We got up at seven this morning, got ready, and headed down to breakfast. A woman was wearing a Mickey balloon shirt down there that I LOVED.

We headed back on the road after we checked out and drove to the Disney outlet in Virginia.

Stopping at another Disney outlet. I don't think we have bought enough this trip...

They had a lot of Disneyland stuff there on clearance, which I was surprised about, but whatever.

Mum and I both got sweatshirts and I also got a Mr. Pricklepants stuffed animal, because letís be real. Mr. Pricklepants is AWESOME.

There was a Forever 21 RIGHT NEXT TO THE DISNEY OUTLET, so we had to go! I found a Lion King Shirt in there and a Snow White crewneck that is so comfy!

We have Disney bags piling up to the roof of our car. #notkidding #obsessedwithdisneymerchandise
Seriously, WE DID!

We stopped at Chick-Fil-A for lunch again because I had to get my fix for the very last time this trip. It was heartbreaking, but I would live.

And I didnít take food pictures again.

PLEASE DONíT CRY!

I slept for like 2 hours after we got back in the car. I wasnít tired or anythingÖ

The NYC traffic wasnít that bad by the time we got there.

We got home at 10 and made like 12 trips to the car to get all of our stuff. It was ridiculous.

Finally home. I just want to sleep now.

Just opened up my email to find this.

We are awesome. Just sayin'.

We went to bed at about 11 and slept for like 12 hours. We were so tired.

Fast forwarding to the next dayÖ

I decided to take pictures of all of the merchandise we got, well most of it anyways. I might have posted a few of these, and if I did, just scroll by them!

So first off are all of the pins I got over the course of the trip.

The three shirts I got at the park.

My Haunted Mansion pillow, which you might have seen when I posted the real life update of my room.

The fleece Mum got at the outlet.

Shirt and crew neck I got at the outlet. Mum has the same crew neck so I donít think you guys need to see two pictures of it.

Mouse pad from the outlet.

Shirt for my cousin.

Mickey plate, magnets, and a Frankenweenie pin from Mousegear.

Mum got this bag at Mousegear.

Antenna toppers.

This is the plate Diego signed.

And the little pamphlet thing we got from Dine with an Imagineer.

Sweatshirt I got from the Virginia outlet.

Mum got this sweatshirt from the Virginia outlet.

MR. PRICKLEPANTS!

The art I bought from Shag.

LOVE.

Mumís purse that she got at WDW.

She gets SO many compliments on it!

And I think thatís all I have pictures of!

I just wanted to say THANK YOU SO MUCH to all of my readers that have followed along on this crazy TR. I love the comments you guys leave all the time and they cheer me up. I know I kind of rushed this thing at the end, but I didnít want to have two TRs going on at once, so I hope yíall understand.

Before I wrap this thing up, I just wanted to leave a few thoughts on our whole trip.

We saved A TON of money at the Disney outlets, which made the drive all worth it. We calculated it up and saved about $400-$500! So if your are driving down, make SURE you stop there! And we saved a lot with Tables in Wonderland! So, it was $75 to buy it and we paid it off AND saved $60.89 on top of that! If you are thinking of getting it or you dine at a lot of places and want to save some money, GET TiW!!

It was probably the best trip we have ever taken to WDW. First of all, we got to stay at three resorts, we had some DISmeets, we did SO many new experiences, and at some points, we truly were VIPs. I will never forget this trip, as it was such an amazing one, even though we did drive down, which was awful.

So, I think thatís pretty much it! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH! I hope I see some of you soon on my next TR!

See ya real soon!

Last edited by LifeIsDis; 11-29-2012 at 05:04 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-29-2012, 07:38 PM   #333
jecskc
DIS Veteran

I loved your TR !! Thanks for sharing all of your merchandise photos !! I need to get to the Disney outlet someday.

I am still kicking myself for not saying hello to you at Animal Kingdom on Friday. I could see you and your mom through the crowd and you were holding a small child's hand and you were all turning away to head up to Rafiki's Planet Watch. There were like 3,567 people between us and since I knew from Twitter we were staying at the same resort in the SAME section, I thought for sure we would get a chance to meet. But no ..... didn't happen. Very sad.

Maybe next time !!!

Can't wait to read about your Thanksgiving trip !!
Old 11-29-2012, 11:34 PM   #334
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

I am so sad to see your August TR end - I had SO much fun reading it! And I can't wait to read all about your "interesting" trip. I moved from Fredericksburg, VA to the Los Angeles area this summer and have yet to visit Disneyland (maybe on Christmas day since all of my kids will be in Virginia and the son I'm living with now will be in New York for Christmas). You'll have to share where the Disney Outlet is in Virginia as I never have been there and I lived there for 10 years

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 11-30-2012, 01:44 PM   #335
LifeIsDis

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
I loved your TR !! Thanks for sharing all of your merchandise photos !! I need to get to the Disney outlet someday.

I am still kicking myself for not saying hello to you at Animal Kingdom on Friday. I could see you and your mom through the crowd and you were holding a small child's hand and you were all turning away to head up to Rafiki's Planet Watch. There were like 3,567 people between us and since I knew from Twitter we were staying at the same resort in the SAME section, I thought for sure we would get a chance to meet. But no ..... didn't happen. Very sad.

Maybe next time !!!

Can't wait to read about your Thanksgiving trip !!
Why thank you very much! I am very happy to hear that you loved it and that you followed along through all of it. And YES you have to go to the Disney outlet!
Awwww I wish I could've met you too! Yeah, it was CRAZY in AK that day, and I can understand why you couldn't get to me with all of the people in the way. I know! I thought since we were right near each other at SSR that we would've bumped into each other or something. Some day!
Hope to see you on my Thanksgiving TR

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
I am so sad to see your August TR end - I had SO much fun reading it! And I can't wait to read all about your "interesting" trip. I moved from Fredericksburg, VA to the Los Angeles area this summer and have yet to visit Disneyland (maybe on Christmas day since all of my kids will be in Virginia and the son I'm living with now will be in New York for Christmas). You'll have to share where the Disney Outlet is in Virginia as I never have been there and I lived there for 10 years
I know, I was sad to see it end too because I just wanted to keep on writing! But there will be a TON to write about for my "interesting trip" TR.
I'll try to get the address for the Virginia outlet. I didn't write it down but I'll google it.
And I am so jealous you live so close to Disneyland! Do you, um, have room for one more person to live in your house?
Old 11-30-2012, 08:04 PM   #336
LifeIsDis

THE NEW TR IS UP!!!!

"WE'RE GOING TO MICKEY'S HOUSE!"...aka the trip that drove me up a wall.

I hope to see some of you over there!

PEACE OUT Y'ALL.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: