Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2012, 10:36 PM   #16
beachmama3
Mouseketeer

Yay! Glad to see this up! Can't wait to hear about your trip!

Random: A girl was parked next to me at the FL Welcome Center who was headed down to WDW to join the CP. She was totally excited and her car was really decorated. It was adorable. I told my kids they had to do the program when they were old enough. haha

Also, aaahhhhh I should have stopped at the outlet down and back! What was I thinking? I will def stop on my way home, can't wait to check it out!

Last edited by beachmama3; 08-23-2012 at 07:59 AM.
Old 08-23-2012, 07:42 AM   #17
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

I'm on board! Can't wait to hear more about your trip! You are cute as can be and you're Mom is beautiful! She looks like she could be your sister! Must be so great to go in August AND November! Lucky girl!
Register to remove

Old 08-23-2012, 08:01 AM   #18
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

I'm in! We were at WDW the same time! I will be starting a TR soon; it would be funny if we ended up in each other's pictures!
Old 08-23-2012, 08:54 AM   #19
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmama3 View Post
Yay! Glad to see this up! Can't wait to hear about your trip!

Random: A girl was parked next to me at the FL Welcome Center who was headed down to WDW to join the CP. She was totally excited and her car was really decorated. It was adorable. I told my kids they had to do the program when they were old enough. haha

Also, aaahhhhh I should have stopped at the outlet down and back! What was I thinking? I will def stop on my way home, can't wait to check it out!
Glad to have you here!
Aww, that is awesome! I REALLY want to do th CP. I have a friend who is down there doing it now and she said it is amazing.
You HAVE to stop!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
I'm on board! Can't wait to hear more about your trip! You are cute as can be and you're Mom is beautiful! She looks like she could be your sister! Must be so great to go in August AND November! Lucky girl!
Welcome!
Thank you! That is so nice. And my mom gets told she looks like my sister all the time.
I am so thankful to be going in November too. I cannot wait to see all of the Christmas decoations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
I'm in! We were at WDW the same time! I will be starting a TR soon; it would be funny if we ended up in each other's pictures!
Howdy! Glad to have you here!
I cannot wait to check out your TR! That would be so funny!
Old 08-23-2012, 11:13 AM   #20
LifeIsDis

The Beginning of our 22 Hour Journey

August 8, 2012
That would be the night before Disney. Actually the night before we started our drive to Disney. I would still have to wait three looooonnnnggg days until we actually got to Disney. It was torture, I tell you. I mean I started my countdown at 200 days and I COULDN’T WAIT ANY LONGER. I know 3 days wouldn’t kill me, but still.

So that night I decided to have a Disney movie marathon, which ended up being half of one movie. I was just too tired to watch one of the best movies ever made (aka The Muppets), which was such a shocker. Usually I am WAY too excited to sleep and I stare at my bedroom ceiling all night, but this wasn’t the case. I do not know what was wrong with me. Strange I tell you!

So I went to bed at about 11 o’ clock and I was up bright and early the next morning!

August 9, 2012

I rolled over in bed the next morning to see that my clock said 6. Whatever, I had a lot of stuff to do, which was to paint my nails, go on Twitter, and pretty much spend the remainder of the day on the DIS. And I say that was a lot to do. Well it is, in my world.

So I hopped out of bed, did a little happy dance, and put my Jack Skellington Mickey ears on right away.

I painted my nails next. Which I pretty much do every two days, but I needed to do Disney nails!

I got my nail polish out…

And started on my nails!

Before:

And after!

(that was on my left hand)

And this was on my right:

As you can see, I am a very messy nail polish painter, but I think they came out pretty good!

I took a shower, and got a few last minute things together.

I was getting pretty antsy at this point. I HAD TO LEAVE!

Only 3 more hours until we leave. #icantbelievethis

So I pretty much sat around for those three hours, watched some stupid talk show, said adios to everyone on the DIS and waited. And waited. And waited some more.

Mum got home at about 3:10 and I was waiting at the door like our cats do when we get home.

She vacuumed the downstairs and I stood there staring at her the whole time saying in my head “Hurry it up, hurry it up, I WANT TO LEAVE, I can’t wait any longer for a Dole Whip!” And I do not understand why she had to vacuum. I mean, there we would a ton of cat fur everywhere when we got home anyways. I just don’t understand, but whatever.

We packed all of our gear into the car and we were off. HALLELUJAH!!!

WE ARE LEAVING!!!!!!!!!

As soon as we got on the road, Mum said this:

"My belly is in vacation mode."

MINE TOO SO LET’S GET THERE ALREADY!

We had to stop at the library and the post office before we left so we stopped there, and then FINALLY the moment I have been waiting for. What was it? TO LEAVE FOR MY HOME. No, not the one in Massachussets where I live. The other one! You know, DISNEY WORLD!

I was done after the first 60 miles. I just like to get to our destination. This is why we will fly the next time.

We made some new friends on the way. Like that one big truck who was a jerk. Well the driver of the truck, not the truck itself. This isn’t Cars people. I don’t think cars and trucks can talk in reality. Well maybe in my imagination or John Lasseter’s.

We stopped at a McDonalds for a high class dinner and used the bathroom.

My mom wouldn’t let me wear my Mickey ears into McDonalds. #partypooper

I was really bored, so what do you do when you are bored?

Just had an epic dance party to the music from Toy Story Mania.

Exactly.

We were staying over in New Jersey that night. Our hotel was right near the Newark airport, so we actually got to drive next to the runway, which was pretty cool. And planes were flying right over us. I was thinking about yelling to them “TAKE ME TO WALT DISNEY WORLD!!!” but I didn’t know if they could have heard me or not.

We stayed at the Radisson, which was very nice, and it was right next to a big electronic place. We wanted to get a new TV there, but we didn’t know if it would fit into the car and plus we had to save some room for all of our Disney merchandise.

On our way into the hotel, Mum dropped her bag and then knocked over her suitcase. A guy was walking past her and never helper her pick up her stuff.
Mum: “What a gentleman.”
Me: “No wonder you are single.”
I am so nice, I know.

We checked in and we got a room on the fifth floor. Room 508.

So we headed up there, and it was very nice.

Just got to the hotel in New Jersey. We have a wonderful view of the highway.
It was quite lovely really.

The only problem was that our TV didn’t have a lot of channels and when I would finally find something to watch, it wouldn’t have any sound.

Then I magically grew a mustache while we were there.

Don’t ask.

We were very tired and we had to rest up for the next day cause we had some big plans!

Last edited by LifeIsDis; 10-12-2012 at 03:44 PM.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:25 AM   #21
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

i don't get it,my hubby is the same way our kids wanna wear princess costumes out in public or their pajamas to the movies and I'm all for it but he never lets them,i don't see the harm.I'd totally put mickey ears on too to go to mcd's.

Old 08-23-2012, 12:48 PM   #22
LifeIsDis

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
i don't get it,my hubby is the same way our kids wanna wear princess costumes out in public or their pajamas to the movies and I'm all for it but he never lets them,i don't see the harm.I'd totally put mickey ears on too to go to mcd's.
I'm sure people in McDonalds would love my Mickey ears! I don't see what's wrong with it too.
Old 08-23-2012, 07:38 PM   #23
LifeIsDis

On a Mission to Find Chicken

August 10th

We were up bright and early at 6:20. We got ready and went down to the continental breakfast, which consisted of donuts, toast, fruit, cereal, and bagels. How lovely. I just got some cereal and fruit. I cannot remember what Mum got. I’m sure you don’t need to see pictures of cereal, so I didn’t take any. Trust me, there will be MUCH better food in this TR.
Mum NEEDS to have her tea in the morning and she found some tea bags. Just no hot water was in sight. These two cute little British people asked for some hot water. I was jealous of their accents but I was happy they asked because then I would have to put up with Ms. Grumpy Gills all day because she didn’t have her tea. Thank you kind British people!

We left at 9 that morning.

I think we should just go to Six Flags...

I mean, it would have been a shorter ride and let’s be real people, Six Flags is MUCH better than Disney.

………………………....

………………………....

I’M KIDDING I’M KIDDING! If that ever came out of my mouth, someone would have to bring me to therapy.

I guess it rained at some point because I took this cool artsy rain picture.

Anyways, we had a pretty uneventful ride, until I saw a sign for Chick Fil A. I freaked out. Guys, I am OBSESSED with Chick Fil A. Like, I could eat it every single day of my life. I mean, that chicken is sososososo good. It is my favorite fast food place ever and I am so sad we don’t have any up in MA. And guess what? Mum had NEVER eaten at Chick Fil A before this trip!! I don’t know how she lived her life without that amazing chicken and those yummy waffle fries. And don’t get me started on those shakes because this whole update will be about how much I love Chick Fil A. Oh wait. It is about how much I love Chick Fil A. I just totally forgot this was the DISboards. Not some Chick Fil A appreciation board. This is getting to be ridiculous. Whatever. It is MY trip report so I can type whatever I want, even if I just ramble on and on about chicken all day. I just realized I did that…

ANYWAYSSSSS, we got off at exit 77a (I write down stupid things) in Maryland and we were on the search for a big sign that looks like this:

But instead, we got lost. Mum was yelling “I CAN’T BELIEVE I’M DOING THIS FOR CHICKEN!” Let’s just say we drove like 5 miles, made about 10 u-turns and then I finally decided to look for it in our gps. It was about 2 miles away so we drove there and I SAW IT…on the other side of the road. So we had to make another u-turn. So basically, if you are looking for this Chick Fil A off of the highway, you will never find it, unless you have a gps. Mum just didn’t understand yet getting that lost would be worth it for this amazing meal that we would soon have.

We finally found a parking space because it was PACKED there. We parked right next to the truck that says “EAT MOR CHIKIN.” I was happy.

We went inside and ordered.
I got the 8 piece chicken nugget with waffle fries of course and a cookies & cream shake. It was so delicious and so worth it.
Mum got the 3 piece chicken strips with waffle fries and a vanilla shake.

Here is all of our yummy food:

We both rate our meals a 5/5. Mum was very impressed and I was like “SEEEE??? Wasn’t it worth getting lost?” “I guess…” She just didn’t want to say that it totally was.

She was also very impressed with the service. The employees were so nice, and they took your trash and have you refills. Mum really liked that and Chick Fil A is now her favorite fast food place. I got her hooked! What can I say, I know I’m an awesome daughter.

After our bellies were filled with chicken, we headed back out.

Went through Delaware, and then we made it to Virginia. And we were about to lose our minds. We were stuck in traffic for TWO HOURS. I called my grandmother up and told her and she said Mitt Romney was in Virginia and that might have been the reason. It’s too bad we didn’t see him so I could’ve yelled at him and told him he made us two hours behind.
I seriously couldn’t take it, so Mum and I decided to scream. She would count to three and then we would scream as loud as we could to get our feelings out, about all of the traffic. It worked quite lovely.

Was just in traffic for over two hours. #getmeouttahere
But had a few dance parties so it's all good. #imnuts

Finally when we made it out of that mess, we stopped at a Target to use the bathroom and stopped at a gas station called WaWa. We just loved the name of it, I don’t know why. Maybe cause it is pretty fun to say. And they had cheap gas, so Mum liked that.

We finally made it to our hotel in Wilson, NC around 8:30.

We got up to our room…

…and pretty much collapsed on the beds because we were both so tired, but we were also very hungry. There was a pizza place called Pino’s Pizza right in front of our hotel, so we went there. There wasn’t much else around except a Burger King, and a Cigar Shop, so that was pretty much our only choice.

We went there and ordered a large cheese pizza with onions. We waited about 20 minutes for it and then brought it back to the room.

It was ok, not the best. It was kind of greasy and had way too many onions.

We tried to put the TV on while we ate our pizza but discovered there was no remote. We had no luck with our TVs in our rooms so far! It was a pain to have to get up and change the volume or channel, but we were only there for one night, so it didn’t really matter.

Got to NC and at the hotel now. Heading to WALT DISNEY WORLD TOMORROW!!! :D

We went to bed around 10:30. I was really excited and there were a ton of people being loud outside our room, so it was really hard for me to fall asleep. So I fell asleep around 11 and I could not stop thinking about that I was going to be in the happiest place on Earth the next day…no not that place in South Carolina…
Old 08-23-2012, 07:56 PM   #24
melmar136
DIS Veteran

Meg, I think you are a little obsessed with chicken! If the CP doesn't work out in the future, maybe you could work at Chick Fil A!
Also, I do think there are a couple in MA, somewhere, just not near us. And no, we won't be making a 2 hour drive to get to one.
Political views, etc. aside with Chick Fil A....they did have good chicken, and good service!

Wait till she gets to the Disney dining portions of this TR if she can go on and on about fast food chicken!

JK, love ya Meg!
Old 08-23-2012, 08:12 PM   #25
LifeIsDis

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmar136 View Post
Meg, I think you are a little obsessed with chicken! If the CP doesn't work out in the future, maybe you could work at Chick Fil A!
Also, I do think there are a couple in MA, somewhere, just not near us. And no, we won't be making a 2 hour drive to get to one.
Political views, etc. aside with Chick Fil A....they did have good chicken, and good service!

Wait till she gets to the Disney dining portions of this TR if she can go on and on about fast food chicken!

JK, love ya Meg!
If I don't get into the CP, then I will work at the Chick Fil A at MCO so I can be close to Disney.

Ya I love you too!
Old 08-24-2012, 09:48 AM   #26
ireneryan
DIS Veteran

I am loving your trip report and you didn't even get to Disney yet! And I have another back-up career for you: Author! You are awesome!
Old 08-24-2012, 09:52 AM   #27
LifeIsDis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ireneryan View Post
I am loving your trip report and you didn't even get to Disney yet! And I have another back-up career for you: Author! You are awesome!
Hi there! Glad to have you here!
In the next update we will finally get to Orlando!
Aww thank you so much. I appreicate it!
Old 08-24-2012, 09:57 AM   #28
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

why can't chick fil a and sonic come to Canada I wanna try them both so bad!!!!

Old 08-24-2012, 10:01 AM   #29
LifeIsDis

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
why can't chick fil a and sonic come to Canada I wanna try them both so bad!!!!
It's so sad really. I want one close to me. We have to drive over an hour to find one and I don't think Mum would be too happy with that just for chicken.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:09 AM   #30
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

I just googled cause I'm bored lol and the closest one to me is in pa at 88.30 miles away I'll get there sooner or later

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: