Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2012, 08:23 PM   #196
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

More of our VILLA and plus we meet Steve's Friend

This was our porch.

Not a great view like the Beach Club, but we would live.

While I was taking pictures, a CM delivered our bags and was talking to Mum for a few minutes. He was probably flirting with her.
He asked where we were from and told us he used to come to Massachusetts on tour. I was thinking this guy was in a band or something. No he was actually Steve’s friend on Blue’s Clues live on stage, or whatever it was called. First of all, Steve had a friend? And second of all, now you are delivering bags at the Wilderness Lodge and telling people that you toured with Blue’s Clues? I can’t imagine what Disney thought when he handed them his resume.

I noticed we had a message on our phone. I was wondering how we already had a message. Maybe it was from the guests who previously stayed in our room or something. So Mum checked it and it was CONNIE! She said it was wonderful to assist us and to let her know if we need anything. That proves to you that the Wilderness Lodge CMs are THE BEST! Seriously, she took her time to call US if we needed anything. I CAN’T GET OVER HOW AMAZING THE WL CMS ARE OMG.

We went to explore after that.

Disney, stop killing me with your awesome details.

The lobby for the Villas.

I would seriously pay to sleep here. That would be awesome. I’m weird like that.

Mum chillin’ in one of the big comfy chairs.

That had checkers and chess out for people to play.

I thought this was SO cool. It’s the original negative and print of Walt riding one of his trains. They had a ton of stuff like this on the walls in the lobby.

We then went outside.

I actually sat in one of the little chairs that are built for like five years old…oh wait. I am five, so it’s built for moi. Surprisingly, I fit in it. I should have had Mum take a picture of me in it, but we all know it would take ten years for her to figure out how to take the picture.

We went to the car to get some laundry. There was a laundry room right down the hallway from our room, so it was very convenient. And plus we brought our own soap, so technically, we didn’t even have to pay, since to do laundry is free to DVC members. Actually, we are just VIPs so that’s why we didn’t have to pay. Not really.

We threw a load in, and then walked down to the main building. And being me, I took five zillion pictures.

I'm home <3

We filled our mug at Roaring Forks and then we stopped at the pin stand again and they had a big binder out with a ton of pins in it. I picked out a Figaro pin. I love when they have a huge binder of pins to pick from. I think I left a High School Musical pin that I had from when I was like six with Disney characters instead of the actual weirdos. I’m pretty sure Mickey was Troy and Minnie was Gabriella on it. It’s sad I still remember their names. And all of the songs.

And then we went to check on the laundry. We threw in another load and brought all over our clothes back to our VILLA (I love saying that!).

We decided to head back to the Magic Kingdom for the rest of the night!
Old 10-10-2012, 10:42 PM   #197
ireneryan
DIS Veteran

Oooh this is all so lovely!! Your bathroom does look squishy though...
Also, I love your Plaza review, that's actually one of our ADR's b/c of the club sandwich. My mom LOVES club sandwiches, so that was one of the places I picked for her!
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2012, 02:31 PM   #198
LifeIsDis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ireneryan View Post
Oooh this is all so lovely!! Your bathroom does look squishy though...
Also, I love your Plaza review, that's actually one of our ADR's b/c of the club sandwich. My mom LOVES club sandwiches, so that was one of the places I picked for her!
I loved our room! The bathroom was just not spectacular.
The club sandwich was really good! I think your mom will enjoy it
Old 10-12-2012, 09:08 PM   #199
LifeIsDis

Lizards, Fastpasses, and churros! OH MY!

We went through the main lobby and then outside.

I made a new friend on the way. Her name is Liz. Get it, cause she’s a lizard? And that’s a name that sounds like lizard? Isn’t that SO funny? No? Ok then. Moving on…

THAT’S LIZ HAHAHAHA.

STOP BEING SO BEAUTIFUL.

Then I made some more friends! I don’t have any good names for them.

A boat was pulling up right when we got there! We were just so lucky that day. WHAT AM I SAYING? We are VIPs. That's why the boat was there.

We were getting on the boat when a CM handed us Fastpasses to use anywhere in the Magic Kingdom. Reason #793569864598645896458964897568715678156 why the Wilderness Lodge CMs are the BEST.

A very attractive picture of Mum and I (I wrote “me and Mum” at first and then changed it because I knew the Grammar Queen would read this and correct moi).

A very nice (well she wouldn’t think so) picture of Mum. The woman next to her looks really happy. That’s probably what the new (aka awful) monorail voice guy looked when he was recording his spiel.

We exited the boat in a orderly fashion and Mum took me by the hand, since we all know I am a small child.

The guy who was checking our bags was from Germany and Mum thought that was the best thing in the world. Don’t ask me why. Go send her a PM on here and bother her and ask why she found that to be so amazing. Because I have zero clue why.

We made our way into the Magic Kingdom and said hi to Roy and Minnie.

BALLOOOONS <3

We went to Frontierland first. And it was time to eat again, because 1) It’s vacation and 2) I’m always hungry.

We went to the churro stand and we got churros, because well, it’s the churro stand and not the pie stand or something.

Mickey pretzels + churros = yum.

Well I guess it’s the churro AND Mickey pretzel—that I think are really awesome and really cool, because well, it’s food shaped like the Big Cheese—stand. So I guess I’m wrong. And to come to think of it, they probably had turkey legs. So it’s the Churro/Mickey pretzels that are really awesome/Turkey Leg Stand. That’s what it’s really called. No joke.

We got two churros and it was like nine dollars. Expensive? Yes. Good? Yes, but not worth nine dollars.

We ate our churros on the way over to the wildest ride in the wilderness!

Since we had the Fastpasses from one of the best CMs in the world, we only waited about 10 minutes. It was a great ride as always, but I have to say, I do like it at night a lot better!

After we got off, I wanted to take some roller coaster shots. We went over to where the geyser thingy shoots from. And there is a place where you can see the trains go by. And there is a big outhouse or whatever it is that that is in your way.

After taking a few pictures, we made our way into Liberty Square.

It was SOO hot. Like, I was sweating, and it was almost six o’ clock. Mum told me she just wanted to take her shirt off because it was just sticking to her so much. I told her I couldn’t wait to see the headlines in the news...

“WOMAN TAKES SHIRT OFF IN THE MAGIC KINGDOM.”

“MAN ACUSES WOMAN OF FLASHING HIM BUT IT WAS ACTAULLY JUST HER GETTING COOL BECAUSE OF THE HEAT.”

“WOMAN GETS ARRESTED FOR NOT HAVING A SHIRT AT DISNEY. MEANWHILE, HER DAUGHTER GETS A REALLY AWESOME MICKEY PRETZEL TO EAT WHILE SHE WAITS FOR HER MOM TO GET BACK FROM JAIL.”

“LIBERTY SQUARE WITNESSES SOMETHING NO ONE SHOULD EVER SEE IN DISNEY.”

Just to let you guys know, Mum did not get arrested or take her shirt off for that matter. That would be just weird.

MOVING ON.

The next place we went has 999 happy haunts...that totally gives it away. Whatevs.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:46 PM   #200
LifeIsDis

I don't know what to call this chapter...so I will just call it More Disney craziness written by yours truely.

We went to the Haunted Mansion next and got in the interactive queue.

Oh that’s where my picture of the busts is!

I was trying to get a good picture of the instrument wall but some weird dude is in the way. Loser.

Roy told us that if you touch all the instruments at once that it will play the Haunted Mansion organ music (aka THIS).

On the other side of the instrument wall, there are some weird instruments, which are a tribute to the Museum of the Weird which was going to be at Disneyland.

In my Haunted Mansion room, I have a crow (it’s supposed to be a raven) that is like the raven you see throughout the queue and ride, like this one for example.

The Raven was actually supposed to be a narrator for the Haunted Mansion, so as you see, the Imagineers made tributes for him throughout the attraction.

My raven is named Ralph (short for Ralphy Red Eyes). I got him at Michael’s because all of the Halloween stuff is out. So when we got him, I made him sit on the bar thing on our carriage and when I was pushing it, I was petting him like he was my actual pet (well he is my pet…). Then I fed him some of those fake grapes they have and his beak got “stuck” in a grape. Mum just kept rolling her eyes at me and kept telling me that I am ridiculous. Now he sits in my room on a bunch of flowers, staring at me. I feel so bad because Mum burned his bottom with the hot glue gun. Before she glued him down I gave him a haircut because his hair was crazy and sticking out all over the place. Now I just need to put some red paper over his eyes, because Ralphy Red Eyes isn’t fitting for him right now…

Just to let you guys know, I am not on drugs. And I know most of you people who read this nonsense probably think so, but I’m not. And probably most of you who read this are lurkers and don’t comment but my friend ireneryan isn’t like that. I am actually going to Disney with her next month even though I’m already going to Disney next month but this will be earlier in the month since I am leaving on Thanksgiving because I have so much money because I never got those three Cinderella Castle replicas because I thought that would be a waste of $112,500 when I could stay at the Poly and the Grand Floridian with ireneryan. That was a major run-on sentence and I used the word because like 20 times, but I could care less. THIS IS MY TRIP REPORT SO I CAN SAY WHATEVER I WANT. Except I can’t say that Mum has an 80 year old boyfriend who works at our town dump. Whoops…

I don’t even know what I’m talking about at this point.

I do know that none of this has to do with the Haunted Mansion at all right now.

MOVING ON…

We had to make room for everyone and we were notified that there was no turning back. OH NO!!!!!!!

“Is this haunted room actually stretching, or is it your imagination?”

“This chamber has no windows or no doors…”

“Now as they say, look alive.”

“We have 999 happy haunts here, but there is room for 1,000. Any volunteers?”

“Take your loved ones by the hand please, and watch your step.”

“Any no flash pictures please. We spirits are frightfully sensitive to bright lights.”

Sorry, I’m a little obsessed with the Haunted Mansion lately and have been listening to the ride audio a lot. I’m going to be that person that knows everything that the ghost host says and stuff…oh wait. I already am.

It was so cool to go through the ballroom scene. I was saying “WE WERE DOWN THERE!” over and over again.

We got off and Mum looked at her phone and my school called. I was like “DON’T YOU PEOPLE KNOW WHERE THE CRAP I AM?!?!?!” So we sat down and I took some photographs.

Hello Mr. Toad!

I don’t know why, but I love the fence at the Haunted Mansion. I’m weird like that.

My school left a message saying that sports tryouts were coming up and I could have cared less. I, for one, do not play sports, and two, DO NOT WANT TO BE BOTHERED AT DISNEY.

We went through Fantasyland next.

I just love this fountain behind the castle.

So pretty <3

Beautiful.

We went to the left of the castle (if you are facing the back of it) and stopped at the Cinderella Wishing Well, or whatever it’s called.

Cinderella’s Castle is just mind blowing. Y U HAVE TO BE SO AMAZING?

I am just in LOVE with this picture.

Tons of people were sitting on Main Street and around the Hub to watch the Main Street Electrical Parade and Wishes, so we joined all the stupid guests, except we aren’t stupid. We are awesome, well at least I am because no one is as cool as moi. Well Mum is awesome…I guess. I shouldn’t say that actually because she takes me to Disney, so I guess that makes her semi-awesome.

This update has been ridiculous.

I’m sorry.

PEACE OUT DAWGS (cool people say that).
Old 10-13-2012, 11:27 PM   #201
ireneryan
DIS Veteran

You literally CRACK me up!!!! I wonder how many lurkers you have and how many of them just got really confused by that update! I LOVE It!!!

I can't believe your school called to let you know about sport tryouts while you're on vacation. Is it one of those recorded messages or were they actively trying to recruit you?

We'll be in Disney NEXT MONTH!!! So super exciting!!!
Old 10-14-2012, 09:01 AM   #202
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

you n ur mom are too cute!! mmmm churros

Old 10-14-2012, 10:37 AM   #203
LifeIsDis

Quote:
You literally CRACK me up!!!! I wonder how many lurkers you have and how many of them just got really confused by that update! I LOVE It!!!

I can't believe your school called to let you know about sport tryouts while you're on vacation. Is it one of those recorded messages or were they actively trying to recruit you?

We'll be in Disney NEXT MONTH!!! So super exciting!!!
Oh, well thank ya. I try to be funny. I don't think people would want to read stuff like "Next we went to the Haunted Mansion. It was a great ride, blah, blah, blah." I think people would want to read stuff written by someone who sounds like they are on drugs, except I'm not of course. If I was, I wouldn't be writing this because Mum would have killed me.

I think people are just confused by this whole trip report. They probably think I'm a freak. I could care less though.

I think I have a ton of lurkers because I don't think the 12,000 views I have on this TR are just from moi.

It was one of those stupid recorded messages. Ridiculousness, I tell you!

YAHOOOOO! 39 days for me!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
you n ur mom are too cute!! mmmm churros
Thank you very much!
Churros are amazing. That is all.
Old 10-14-2012, 11:25 AM   #204
LifeIsDis

My Haunted Mansion room!

I have hinted a few times in a few updates (most recently the one at the Haunted Mansion where it sounds like I’m on crack) that we redecorated my room to have a Haunted Mansion theme and we finally finished it last night. So since it’s Disney related, I thought that I should do a real life update on it so you guys could see pictures!

I wanted to do my room over with a Haunted Mansion theme because after going backstage, I just fell in love with it. And now it’s in my top favorite rides.

You will see everything we put in there in a few minutes, but we made a headboard for my room. We started it yesterday morning by adding the legs onto the actual headboard part (we just got a big piece of plywood from Home Depot) and got legs for it. Mum got some nails that were two inches long to attach the legs. If you are making a headboard at home, DO NOT USE TWO INCH NAILS TO ATTACH THE LEGS.
So we laid the plywood on the floor and started hammering the nails on for the legs. And what happened you ask?

We have a hole in our living room floor now.

The nails were so long that they just went right through the floor so we had the lovely job of getting the headboard out from the floor, because it was stuck. It was great. The nail went right through our rug into the hardwood floor and now there is a hole.

So we got shorter nails and those still went through the front of the headboard, but not into the floor (thank God).

After we got the legs on, we put the foam down, and we didn’t have enough. Awesome. Seriously, it was the littlest space that we had left to cover.

Since we didn’t have enough, we had to get ready and go out to Joann’s Fabric to get some more foam, and while we were at it, got some more batting to make the headboard cushionier (that’s a word? I thought I made that up).

So we got the foam and got a rod for my curtain that we were hanging up.

And while we were out, we just did some errands while we were at it. And we picked up some chocolate chip cookies, because WHY NOT?!

We got home and I turned the oven on for the cookies. They were so delicious. I’ll probably make some more today because for one, I’m an eating machine and two, I love cookies.

Anyways, we added the foam on and the batting and then we added the fabric on. And it wasn’t hard at all! We used a staple gun, and Mum said that it was the best $20 that she had ever spent. She just loved that staple gun. And people say I’m the weird one.

The headboard was so easy to make! The fabric was just a pain in the butt because we had to put black fabric on the ends of it (you’ll see in the pictures) because the fabric wasn’t wide enough and wouldn’t cover the whole headboard. I was a little bummed that it wouldn’t fit the whole thing but it turned out really good!

We brought the headboard upstairs and it behind my bed, since where else would we put it?

You guys read to see some pictures?

Well here ya go!

That is my headboard! The Haunted Mansion wallpaper <3

As you can see, Mum painted that sign for above my bed with extra plywood we had from Home Depot.
Also, that is my Haunted Mansion pillow I got at the Emporium!

These are my curtains.

Mum added a black one behind them.

And if you are wondering, Mum made the curtains! She will be starting her own business soon for headboards, signs, and curtains if you are interested and want to buy from her. Her website is up but she is still adding the finishing touches on it. Her website is MumsAwesomeHomemadeStuff.com

That is a joke. I hope you guys know that. So don’t go on that website right now expecting to buy a headboard or something.

Anyways, this is the side of my bed, with a lamp Mum painted and I have two candles in my room that glow up. (They are from Michaels).

This is my bureau with one of the stretching pictures Mum got off etsy (I think…) above the mirror.

And if you noticed, Ralph is on the right!

Everyone say “HIIII RALPH!” No? Okay. You don’t have to say it.

He is sitting on a Styrofoam ball that is covered with flowers that we glued on.

Ralph is just awesome.

Rose on top of my mirror with purple sparkles.

Haunted Mansion poster, caricature that I got last summer at Downtown Disney, and my Jack poster.

My headboard <3

This is the other side of my room.

Don’t ask why I have a rubber chicken on my desk…

My bulletin board, posters, my Rapunzel flag from Disney on Ice, and the calendar I got from World of Disney at the beginning of this trip.

These are above my closet door. The flag I got at the D23’s Fanniversary Celebration in Boston, and an old Mickey Mouse Club record I scored for FREE at a local antique shop.

My Frankenweenie poster.

Close up of my Haunted Mansion poster.

And that is pretty much it!

I hope you guys liked my tour of my room. I am in love with it and so is our cat Meeko.

She thinks my bed is very comfy.

BYYYYYEEE!
Old 10-14-2012, 11:27 AM   #205
melmar136
DIS Veteran

Another ummm...great update Meg.
Don't the readers wonder if you are like this all the time, and if so, how I live with you day after day?
Old 10-14-2012, 11:33 AM   #206
LifeIsDis

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmar136 View Post
Another ummm...great update Meg.
Don't the readers wonder if you are like this all the time, and if so, how I live with you day after day?
Why thank you Mum! I appreciate it!
Well I am like this 99.9% of the time and I really don't know how you put up with moi.
Old 10-14-2012, 11:37 AM   #207
ireneryan
DIS Veteran

I love the bedroom, you guys did a GREAT job!!! I ony have one question: Why do you have a rubber chicken on your desk?

I'm a gazillion years older than you, but your Mum's question cracked me up. I have that personality too, off the wall bordering on manic, but it's fun, right?
Old 10-14-2012, 11:40 AM   #208
ireneryan
DIS Veteran

You and your mum should wander over to the facebook group, Nov 2012 DIS'ers. You're both going in November and it is a wacky group. Tons of fun!
Old 10-14-2012, 12:18 PM   #209
LifeIsDis

Quote:
I love the bedroom, you guys did a GREAT job!!! I ony have one question: Why do you have a rubber chicken on your desk?

I'm a gazillion years older than you, but your Mum's question cracked me up. I have that personality too, off the wall bordering on manic, but it's fun, right?
Thank you so much! I LOVE my room.
Well...I really like David Cook who won American Idol several years ago. He used to do the vlogs on his website called pork beans and he did this one with a rubber chicken that they put on stage during shows. And this is the video if you would like to watch it. It is absolutely ridiculous but hilarious. I love the video, so as a joke, one of Mum's friend found a rubber chicken at a store and got it for me as a present. And now it has been sitting on my desk for about three years.
Acting like a maniac is the best thing in the world. It's so much fun!

Quote:
You and your mum should wander over to the facebook group, Nov 2012 DIS'ers. You're both going in November and it is a wacky group. Tons of fun!
I am actaully part of the facebook group! I don't go on facebook a lot (I'm a tweeting machine) and I haven't been on the group page in a while. Mum goes on fb a lot so I should add her to the group.
Old 10-14-2012, 02:21 PM   #210
jecskc
DIS Veteran

I am laid up recovering from surgery and I just read through your whole report. It has been so fun to read and I truly love all of your photos. How lucky you are to have such a good relationship with your mother. I love your haunted mansion room !!! We were going to go in November, too and I was getting so excited about meeting some people from the Dis, but I had to cancel because of this surgery. I will be in a cast until Halloween, so I will be following along, because I don't have much else to do since I can't walk or do much of anything.

You cheer me up, so I am looking forward to reading more !!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: