Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2012, 07:59 PM   #136
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ireneryan View Post
Maybe it's hard to find good looking guys who can ice skate really well? IDK.

Your DISmeet today sounded awesome but it was posted funny and I had to keep scrolling back and forth across the page to read the whole thing and now I feel a little ill. Maybe that will fix itself...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ireneryan View Post
Don't mind me whatever was causing it to be HUGE is now over and it's back to a normal post size.
I guess good looking guys don't skate?
It was awesome!
Sorry about that! It actually looked like that because I put too many exclamation points and then I deleted a ton and it was all better!
Old 09-17-2012, 06:17 PM   #137
LifeIsDis

I hope you guys enjoyed the real life updates. Sure had a lot of Disney things this past weekend! And now we are back to your regularly scheduled program!

Another chocolate croissant gets devoured…

We headed towards Main Street and made our way out of the park.

But first I wanted to go up to the train station and take some pictures!

I just LOVE it up there. Watching the fireworks from the train station would be amazing! I HAVE to do that one day.

Then we headed out of the park. The Boardwalk is the closest bus stop so we were going to just go there but then we noticed how long the line was. So we just went to the Beach Club. The bus was just pulling up so we made a mad dash. But of course, Mum can’t run AT ALL so I was yelling at her to hurry it up. She says it was the shoes she was wearing. Um yeah, I don’t think so.

We got on the bus and once we got back to the Beach Club, we went into the lobby and Mum sat on a couch and almost fell asleep because she was exhausted. Meanwhile, I went to the Marketplace and got a drink in our mug and then I saw the bakery items. I pretty much stood there for like 5 minutes eyeing the chocolate croissants. They looked INCREDIBLE. I kept debating whether to get one or not. I was drooling. I HAD to. So I got one out of the case and I was a very happy camper. So I paid and then went back to the lobby to see if Mum was snoring. She asked me what I got so I told her. Yes mother, I just had one like two hours ago. I do not care.

We went back to the room and I devoured this puppy (I call a lot of things puppies now because of Stacey. Cool people say stuff like that).

IT WAS DELICIOUS. NOMS.

Mum asked if she could have a piece and I was like “umm sure why not…ARE YOU KIDDING MOI???” This woman was going to have a bite (yes, a bite) of MY chocolate croissant that I bought with my OWN money. Like, are you serious Mum? So I ripped her off a tiny piece and I cried. Tears were streaming down my face. Bye little piece of deliciousness! Mama will miss you! Actually I didn’t make that big of a scene, but I was crying on the inside. Yes, I know I still had 99.9% of it to eat still but I wanted it all to myself! I don’t like sharing, ok?!

We chilled out in the room for a while and I watched Stacey of course. I mean, why wouldn’t I?!

It was about 4:30 so we headed over to the Swan for our ADR.

I (of course) took pictures on the way over.

Hey look! It’s the Fish!

We got over to the Swan and headed inside.

I LOVE this chandelier in the Swan. It’s beautiful!

The Swan and Dolphin, excuse me, FISH are very pretty, but I just don’t get a Disney “feel” when I’m in there. It just doesn’t feel the same to me.

We went into the gift shop and used the bathroom. We still had a little time left before our ADR but we decided to check in early.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-18-2012, 12:24 AM   #138
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

chocolate croissants are the stuff dreams are made of YUMMERZ!!
Oh the Beach Club *swoon* one day ,one day!!!

Old 09-18-2012, 01:37 PM   #139
LifeIsDis

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
chocolate croissants are the stuff dreams are made of YUMMERZ!!
Oh the Beach Club *swoon* one day ,one day!!!
EXACTLY! I just love them so much.
You have to stay at the Beach Club! I love it there.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:41 PM   #140
LifeIsDis

Garden Grove!

Where were we going to exactly (well you already know from the title...)? Garden Grove (for those of you who didn't see the title...)! Now many of you lovely people probably have never heard of Garden Grove. I have actually never seen a review of it so I’m thinking not many people have been there. Well maybe some people have and I just don’t know anything.

We checked in early and I peaked in the doorway and it looked like not many people were in there. Interesting…

We got right in and there were only about 10 families in the whole restaurant. It felt a little awkward at first, but more people started coming in so it got better.

Our waiter, Aziz, came over and took our drink orders and told us about the buffet. He said to go up whenever we were ready.

I HAD to take pictures of the restaurant. It is BEAUTIFUL in there.

I just couldn’t stop taking pictures. It was amazing in there! The tree in the middle is just incredible. The atmosphere is breathtaking!

We were going to get up for the buffet and then we noticed a familiar face come out from the back. If you didn’t know, Garden Grove is a character meal. Usually they have Goody and Pluto but instead of Pluto that night, they had Minnie and let me tell you, Mum was VERY excited.

Goofy came out first so we waited at our table so we wouldn’t miss him.

When we got to our table, he spent A TON of time with us. A lot of the time, characters don’t spend a ton of time with me because I’m a teenager but Goofy and Minnie that night were awesome! The character interaction was great. And since there weren’t many people there, we got to spend a lot longer with them, so it was nice to not have them rush around.

Like usual, I look horrendous.

Goofy’s handler pin traded with me when Goofy was at the next table. I gave him a Fozzie Bear pin and I picked out an Orange Bird one!

After we met Goofy, we went up to the buffet. On certain nights of the week, they have a different menu. So they have a Mediterranean night, seafood night, and BBQ night. Since we had seafood the night before, we decided to do the BBQ and we aren’t big Mediterranean fans anyways.

They had a ton to pick from!

We got our food and went back to our table.

My plate.

Bread, fruit (trying to be healthy in Disney! Unheard of, I know!),THE FULLY LOADED POTATO SALAD, mac and cheese, corn, baked beans, and meat.

I enjoyed the food very much. I loved the baked beans and the potato salad (of course!).

Mum’s plate.

Mashed potatoes, meat, cole slaw, looks like green bean casserole (???) and mac and cheese.

When we were eating, Minnie came out next!

She came over to us and she LOVED my ears and she kept pointing to one of my pins that had Mickey on it. Just precious!

I look awful once again…

And then Minnie went over to Mum and she pretty much was a little kid. She was so excited and it was so cute! Minnie loved her shirt too!

After we met Minnie, we went up to get dessert.

We pretty much got stuff from the kid’s corner. Since you know, I am five years old. And kids desserts are 5000000x better.

My desserts.

A brownie, a cookie, and some other yummy dessert that I don’t know.

Mum’s desserts.

A brownie, I think a key lime pie, a cookie, and that unknown dessert.

We really liked the desserts and we thought they were better than Cape May’s.

Minnie and Goofy came around again and they stopped at our table.

Aziz came over and we chatted with him for a bit. He was telling us it was a very slow night for some reason and he was telling us about the other nights at Garden Grove.

He gave us our bill and then we headed out.

Before we left, we talked to the manager of Garden Grove and we told her how much we loved everything.

Garden Grove
Food: We loved the food. They had a ton of variety and everything was well cooked. 5/5
Atmosphere: The atmosphere is awesome. I LOVE the tree. And it wasn’t noisy at all in there. It was great. 5/5
Service: Aziz did a fantastic job. He was very nice and very quick. 5/5
Character interaction: The character interaction was AMAZING. They came around several times and spent so much time with us. 5/5

So as you can see, Garden Grove is a must do! We absolutely loved it and it isn’t a very well known restaurant on property. I would totally recommend it! And Mum and I both agreed we like Garden Grove A LOT better than Cape May. The food is a lot better, the atmosphere is great, and they have characters for dinner! And plus Garden Grove is like half the price.

We headed out of the Swan and got in the queue--queue is one of my vocab words this week in English and pretty much no one knew what it meant. I knew of course! (: -- for Hollywood Studios.

Some guy kept flirting with Mum in line. He seriously wouldn't stop taking to her. He said he was married, but for a second I thought he was going to invite her out on a date or something. He said it was his first time in Disney and left his family for the night and went to the ESPN Zone. Ok then…

The boat pulled up soon and we were off!

Had dinner at the Swan and now heading to Hollywood Studios!

Last edited by LifeIsDis; 09-23-2012 at 02:45 PM.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:28 PM   #141
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

I always wanna go there and then I always change my mind

Old 09-18-2012, 06:38 PM   #142
LifeIsDis

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
I always wanna go there and then I always change my mind
You really should go! I think you would love it
Old 09-18-2012, 06:50 PM   #143
melmar136
DIS Veteran

Garden Grove was really yummy! I had to book it after seeing that cool tree right in the center. And I was SOOO glad Minnie was there that night! I just love her (if you couldn't tell!)
The cookies were so good, and the mystery dessert Meg couldn't name on my plate was pecan pie, which I hadn't tried before. It was yummy!

Meg, I don't think that guy was flirting with me....I think he was drunk! The very awkward part, was afterwards on the boat, when he sat next to me. He was wearing a Happy Anniversary pin, so the Captain thought it was OUR anniversary! Ummm, nope!!!
Old 09-18-2012, 07:39 PM   #144
LifeIsDis

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmar136
Garden Grove was really yummy! I had to book it after seeing that cool tree right in the center. And I was SOOO glad Minnie was there that night! I just love her (if you couldn't tell!)
The cookies were so good, and the mystery dessert Meg couldn't name on my plate was pecan pie, which I hadn't tried before. It was yummy!

Meg, I don't think that guy was flirting with me....I think he was drunk! The very awkward part, was afterwards on the boat, when he sat next to me. He was wearing a Happy Anniversary pin, so the Captain thought it was OUR anniversary! Ummm, nope!!!
I couldn't tell AT ALL that you loved Minnie...
Well, yeah he was drunk. Wait a second! The captain thought it was YOUR anniversary?!
Old 09-19-2012, 10:39 AM   #145
tinkerbells mum
DIS Veteran

Hi just caught up on your TR I totally agree about the chocolate croissants they are a total must eat! Looking forward to reading more xx
May 1989 WDW, off site April 1998 DLRP, Sequoia LodgeDec 2005 DLRP, Santa Fe Feb 2009, HNY June 2009 DLRP Cheyenne April 2011 WDW, POFQ Feb 2012 DLRP, Cheyenne April 2013 WDW POFQ Aug 2013 DLRP Kyraid, planning Easter 2015 at POFQMe DD (Tigger 17) Mushu

Old 09-19-2012, 01:46 PM   #146
LifeIsDis

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbells mum View Post
Hi just caught up on your TR I totally agree about the chocolate croissants they are a total must eat! Looking forward to reading more xx
Happy to have you reading along! I love my readers
They really are! And the ones at Disney are the BEST!
Old 09-21-2012, 07:17 AM   #147
wuzzy6
Mom to the Fab 4

I am totally going to try a chocolate croissant when we go in January. I've heard nothing but fantastic reviews of them, so they're now on my list of must-haves!!!

The little pecan tartlet on your mom's dessert plate reminds me of my Mema - she used to make them (without the fancy schmancy decoration) for the family all the time when I was a kid.

FL Native and habitual day-tripper: since 1971; Apr 2002: PO-R; Mar 2014: CSR ; Apr 2014: WL; May 2014: PO-R and FW-cabin; Aug 2014: YC CL+DxDP; What's next?!
Old 09-21-2012, 01:36 PM   #148
LifeIsDis

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuzzy6 View Post
I am totally going to try a chocolate croissant when we go in January. I've heard nothing but fantastic reviews of them, so they're now on my list of must-haves!!!

The little pecan tartlet on your mom's dessert plate reminds me of my Mema - she used to make them (without the fancy schmancy decoration) for the family all the time when I was a kid.
YOU HAVE TO!!!!!!! It's like taking a bite of heaven.
Oh really? I think my mom liked it a lot!
Old 09-23-2012, 02:42 PM   #149
LifeIsDis

Hello my wonderful readers!

Sorry it has been several days since I last posted an update. I tried to update my Imageshck because I have so many pictures and they pretty much took my money and never updated my account. I don't know why. So if any of you guys use Imageshack, I would like some help! Please and thank you!

And I woke up with a cold this morning so I feel pretty crappy. Once I go back to school I get sick!

Anyways, here is the next update and I will try to post another one ASAP if Imageshack works...

I basically rant about stupid people for most of this update...

Once we got to Hollywood Studios, we got off the friendship boat and I saw someone with a Team August tag! So I ran up to them and I asked if they were on the DIS and of course they said yes. The woman was telling me it was their last night and I was the only person they met from Team August! I cannot remember her name for the life of me, but it was nice to meet her and her husband!

We headed up to the main gates and got our bags checked.

We got inside and I said hi to my friend. No not the Orange Bird! Bo of course! He didn’t smell that night so he must have put some deodorant on or something…

Another ridiculous picture of moi…

We then headed down Hollywood Boulevard and checked out wait times at the board.

I said hi to my good pal Mickey on the way…

LOVE this picture <3

PALM TREES <3 <3

We then headed towards the Animation Building…

(from the end of Hollywood Blvd.)

FRANKENWEENIE JABIOABGJKWQPHIOQHO!!!!! I am SOOO excited to see it. Tim Burton + stop motion animation + black and white + Disney + killer hamsters + Mr. Whiskers = awesomeness.

We got to the Animation Building and went inside.

I wanted to meet some characters and do an animation class but no characters were out and the line was really long for the next class. Great.

I had to say hi to my other friend (I have a lot of friends, ok?!), Merida!

So it was off to the place where you basically cry the whole time you are in there aka One Man’s Dream! And I actually saw on Facebook that on Wednesday, it was One Man’s Dream 11th birthday! 11 years of making people cry like babies. That’s great!

I mean I have been in there plenty of times before and have read multiple books on Walt, but I LOVE learning about his life. And crying of course.

And I have noticed most people go in there just for the AC, which makes me so mad. Don’t you losers like to look at all the amazing exhibits and learn about the man who started it all?! No, they basically just go to Walt Disney World for rides. It’s not just rides you know! These people do not know a thing. A Disney vacation is SO much more than waiting in lines and sitting with your arms crossed on the Jungle Cruise because you are a party pooper. Maybe it’s just me and the other crazy Disney freaks, but I just can’t STAND the people that are in there to get cool. It seriously annoys the crap out of me.

And that includes my rant for today! I will now post some pictures so you guys won’t have to read about what annoys me about all the losers in this world.

I LOVE the old merchandise. I think it is so cool.

THE MICKEY MOUSE CLUB <3

<3

The New Fantasyland display!

I noticed Ariel had the “dole whip” hair in the model for the Little Mermaid attraction. I wonder if it will actually be like that. A lot of people at California Adventure were complaining about her hair on the ride there, so they finally changed it. I’m not a big fan of the “dole whip” hair, so we shall see what happens!

Please tell me you guys know who Dave Smith is, right?! Or maybe I’m the only one since I’m a disfreak. Well I know I’m not the only one, but if I went to school and asked one of my friends “Do you know who Dave Smith is?” they would probably look at me like I’m a freak, because I am.

We waited about five more minutes until the movie started. Once we got in there, some people didn’t move all the way down to the end of the row. Very unpatriotic of them. Shame shame! I mean really though, you don’t hear “move down to the end of the row!” everywhere you go?! People are clueless I tell you! CLUELESS.

I am a liar. I said I would stop ranting in this update but stupid people make me rant. I truly apologize because you people have to put up with my feelings about stupid people, but I am sure you guys could relate, in some way.

Anyways!

During the WHOLE movie, this kid next to me wouldn’t stop playing with his stupid light up toy. I was about to take it from him, bash him on the head with it, and then throw it. Except I’d make sure when I threw it, I wouldn’t hit someone on the head because I’m not that mean…

I was trying to watch the amazing life of Walt Disney but out of the corner of my eye, all I could see was the light up toy. And of course his parents didn’t say a word to the devil aka the kid next to me. And they didn’t speak English anyways.

I had something in my eye the WHOLE movie so my eyes couldn’t stop watering. I pretty much flooded the whole theater. Those darn eyelashes that get in my eyes…

At the very end of the movie, the kid FINALLY shut the light up toy off, when there was like 30 seconds left.

We exited One Man’s Dream and then we were off to our next destination for the night! Since, there were Extra Magic Hours!
Old 09-26-2012, 02:34 PM   #150
LifeIsDis

Hi there!

My Imageshack account FINALLLLLLY upgraded, 5 days after we paid. So this TR is back up for business!

And of course I am not feeling well. I'm doing a lot better today though.

Anyways here is the next update written by yours truely, cause who else would it be written by?

We totally forget Muppet Vision 3D is 3D

After being blind by a light up toy and being disgusted by people who love AC, we headed to Muppet Vision 3D!! Boy, was I excited. My love for the Muppets skyrocketed this past year so I was SUPER EXCITED (Muppet reference) so I couldn’t wait to go see Muppet Vision for the 17289246892165864598 time.

So we headed out to the Sorcerer Hat and made our way past American Idol and down to one of my loves <3

A very creepy picture of the Walt bust.

YAYAYAY!!!

Oh yes I will Fozzie!

We walked in and the CM told us the show was just about to start. I wanted to see the show but I wanted to see the key first! I guess I would have to wait…

We ran down the hallway and right into the theater. We sat down and I looked around. Everyone had 3D glasses EXCEPT US. We pretty much forgot it was a 3D show. So I rushed back out and looked around like a mad woman to find some. A CM asked what I was doing and then I saw the 3D glasses and got some. I rushed back inside and the doors were closing behind me. We will just blame that on being tired.

I just love Muppet Vision. Best 3D show EVER! Except I have NO depth perception was so ever, so it’s not really 3D to me. I still enjoy it though. I don’t even know why I go in and watch it. Disney should have certain times of the day where freaks like yours truly can watch Muppet Vision 2D so I can actually tell what’s going on.

Enough about moi. After we watched a very blurry 3D show (well I did anyways…), we went into one of the best gift shop EVER.

THIS MUG <3

“Oh, kermie!”

I was in love with this shirt!

I just love the little Muppet clothes!

Anyone know what movie these lockers are from? Hint: it’s a Muppet movie and Miss Piggy has some BIG hair, just like Mum when she was a teenager.

From there when headed down to the Streets of America.

I could tell they were already putting up lights for the Spectacular of Dancing Lights! I am SOOOO excited to see the display in November. It looks incredible!

We are VERY familiar with I-95!

Then we went towards Lights! Motors! Action! And I saw the Singing in the Rain umbrella! I handed Mum my stuff and I stood on the little metal thingy and I waited and then all of a sudden, it started raining! (You can kind of see the rain in the picture). Mum wouldn’t go under. I told her she wouldn’t get wet, but if one little raindrop got on her hair, it would be the end of the world.

So cool!

We were going to go to the Christmas shop, but it was closed, so I just posed with the snowman outside the shop.

We then headed towards Sunset Blvd. and Mum checked the wait times. Everything STILL had a ridiculously long wait. So we decided to look around on Sunset for a while.

We stopped in Sweet Spells and checked out all the yummy goodies!

I looked at the Nightmare Before Christmas stuff at the other side of the store, but I didn’t really find anything good. I saw this jacket that was really cool, but I didn’t think I would wear it.

Hello Carthay Circle Theater!

This was the line for Fantasmic. It was basically wall to wall people on Sunset.

I don’t understand why people would wait for an hour and a half. I mean, it’s a great show and all, but there are just WAY too many people. And every time we have been (well, not every time. FORESHADOWING), we have awful seats or we are in the standing area. I think it’s great they are adding 1,000 more seats.

We walked around for a bit and then it was SNACKTIME and some more SHOPPING (aka two of my favorite things to do)!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: