Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2012, 07:32 PM   #61
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

I am subbing on for three reasons... (well probably more...

1. You obviously have a great love for Disney- and love for your great family...

2. You have fabulous photos &

3. I am anxiously waiting to see how your multiple trips/pre trip/reports writing at once works out... I wholeheartedly applaud your ingenuity...

Aren't you excited to see Fantasyland.... We're going to be there at the end of Nov., beginning of December and although I couldn't get dinner ressies at Be Our Guest... we'll def go over for CS lunch just to see...

I hope the rest of Fantasyland will be open too... (well except for the new Snow White Mine Ride of course...)
Old 09-19-2012, 07:58 PM   #62
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Oh those eggs are gorgeous!!! I've never seen them before or even knew they existed.

Last edited by eandesmom; 09-19-2012 at 08:12 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2012, 08:11 PM   #63
MEK
DIS Veteran

Those are the coolest Easter eggs ever. When you said eggs I was thinking hand painted small eggs, not BIG eggs decorated in all different themes. Very cool!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 09-20-2012, 07:23 AM   #64
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
I am subbing on for three reasons... (well probably more...

1. You obviously have a great love for Disney- and love for your great family...

2. You have fabulous photos &

3. I am anxiously waiting to see how your multiple trips/pre trip/reports writing at once works out... I wholeheartedly applaud your ingenuity...

Aren't you excited to see Fantasyland.... We're going to be there at the end of Nov., beginning of December and although I couldn't get dinner ressies at Be Our Guest... we'll def go over for CS lunch just to see...

I hope the rest of Fantasyland will be open too... (well except for the new Snow White Mine Ride of course...)
Glad you are here!!!

I am so giddy about fantasyland. I have 3 groups of friends going next week from home and I keep telling them to keep alert for the enchanted tales with belle. I have read that they have been doing some testing/soft openings with guests. It looks like so much fun.

We are eating at Be Our Guest. I got lucky and scored a ressie. It took me forever and then finally dawned on me to call DVC member services. Worked great that way!!!

I am hoping they have little mermaid previewing while we are there.

What is your dates? We will be there Nov 21-26th. We are spending the first part of the week on a 3 day Dream cruise.

I have an update to get in today and then I think I might do a San Fran/Yosemite update to get that going. I hope I can manage all this and be done in less than 2 months!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Oh those eggs are gorgeous!!! I've never seen them before or even knew they existed.
They were new this year. I read about them online before we went or I would have never seen them. I think the chefs used to do them in the past but they were in the GF restaurants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Those are the coolest Easter eggs ever. When you said eggs I was thinking hand painted small eggs, not BIG eggs decorated in all different themes. Very cool!
They were beautiful! I wasn't for sure what to expect when I read about them. I loved all their theming. I hope they continue it in the future as it was very festive for Easter.

Old 09-20-2012, 08:17 AM   #65
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

I am going to get one more update in today before things get totally crazy in my life the next few days. It is fair time for our county. The world basicly stops next week and we all go to the fair. Yes, it is that big of a deal. Our fair is called the Little State Fair and it is tons of fun (google it online). So much that I took all next week off. Jeremy has 2 projects in the fair. One is his First Aid in Action which we know he already won. It is a summer judging project and he took it to the state fair. And he was our 4-H clubs energy officer this year. We have a good feeling that he did well on his officer book judging. So much that the judge told him midway that he didn't need to go any further---He was the Man!!! Jeremy was over the moon happy when he came out of judging. So, I have a good feeling Jeremy will have some pretty ribbons for his room by the end of next week and some new trophy bling. He is also going to bake an apple pie for judging later in the week. If he gets grand champion, it gets auctioned off. He (and I stress He--I will not help him since it has to be his work) has been trying apple pie recipes all month. Tom has been eating well!!!

Enough with that. We had spent our first full day of Disney with lots of firsts, a beautiful egg display, and swimming at the BW. That evening we decided to go back to Epcot and check out the world showcase and more of the F&G festival.

This will be mainly a picture update of all the beautiful topiaries.

I just love the IG!!! Can't say it enough what a true gem it is.

Princess topiaries.

There was all kind sof displays set up with ideas for your yards. Some things were pretty easy to do with stuff you might have lying around at home.

I loved these boots. I could easily do that.

Old 09-20-2012, 08:25 AM   #66
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

I just love Mater and Lightening McQueen.

Old 09-20-2012, 08:45 AM   #67
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

I forgot to comment in the last post. Did anyone notice Jeremy's new shirt we got at DTD earlier in the day.
I just loved it when I saw and knew he had to have it. It has Dumbo on it and says The Ladies Think I'm Fly. He got so many comments on it our week at Disney but none of his friends seem to get it back home! It must be a Disney thing!

I have to give you a little background on what happens next. We have been walking around the world showcase and make our way to the American pavilion. We were wanting to see the American Adventure but one had just started. Tom said he was going to sit out front and wait while Jeremy and I checked out the Toy Story topiaries.

The Flower Power concert would soon be starting. Now, I never mentioned these to Tom at all. Never thought about it. I thought if there was someone we wanted to hear, we would watch or go on if not. Tom told me later that he did see the sign about them when he sat down. Remember this....

Jeremy and I loved the Toy Story topiaries and Lotso did smell like strawberries if you got in front of him.

Jeremy and I are done looking at the topiaries. The concert was starting with Chubby Checker and the Wildcats. We turn around and I see my husband darting like a mad man to the back of the seating area. Jeremy and I both looked at each other like what was wrong with him. I wish I had taken a picture but I was utterly shocked. I didn't know what had happened to him. My first thought was that maybe he saw someone from home. He turns and you can tell he is looking for us. I wave to him and he gives me that "hurry up and get over here now" wave. I get there and he is all smiles and demanding the camera. Here is what he took.

I just looked at him and asked if he was okay. Here are his exact words and I quote as he rattled really fast, "That is Chubby Checker---the real Chubby Checker. He is a legend. I can't believe he is here. I thought it was an impersonator they were having. Never thought about it being the real one." The whole time he is grinning from ear to ear and loving it.

I couldn't help but chuckle and went and sat down in front of the American pavilion. The whole time I am thinking, first, I had no idea Tom liked Chubby Checker---that much!!! He was like a kid in a candy store. Second, this is Disney. Disney does everything right! Why would they have an impersonator. Oh dear me, I still have so much Disney stuff to teach this man.

It really was a fun moment and one I will never forget.

He listened to several songs and then they announced the next showing of the American Adventure. I offered to skip it so he could watch the rest of the show but Tom wanted to see it so off we went. I love this show. One of my favorites at Disney. Chubby Checker was gone when we got out so one around the world showcase we went.

Old 09-20-2012, 08:55 AM   #68
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Up next was Jeremy's favorite part of the world showcase, the trains. We usually just grab a bench and rest while Jeremy watches them forever. He could stay here all day if we let him.

This dragon was beautiful.

We were starting to get hungry but the boys didn't want to eat in Epcot so we grabbed some egg rolls in China.

The orchads are so pretty in Mexico.

It had been a great day. We headed back to the IG and was soon back on the BW. Now, when Jeremy and I stayed there in November he wanted to get a whole pizza and eat in the room. There is no way he and I would both eat that pizza and I wasn't going to waste it. So, Jeremy asked to do that for supper this evening. So, he and Tom ordered the pizza and waited while I helped the Easter Bunny finish his shopping for Easter morning.

I made it back to the room in plenty of time as it took forever for them to get that pizza. The pizza was not really great--looks better than it tasted. But it sustained us and we were soon off to sleep.

Up Next:

Will we like Epcot EMH?

Oh no, is the IG not the gem I thought it was?

Will the Easter Bunny make Jeremy mad?

Old 09-20-2012, 09:11 PM   #69
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

I've got to saying I'm really liking your trip report so far, and I always have to stop and watch the train in Germany too. Have you seen the video that the Disney parks blog put up where they had a camera in the front of the train?

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
Old 09-20-2012, 09:29 PM   #70
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Too cute about Chubby Checker, I love it when you learn something new like that about something and they show how much something means to them. I saw that dumbo shirt and thought it was cute. Where did they get the pizza from? Great pictures and updates I love the train too!!!
Old 09-21-2012, 04:33 AM   #71
MeMom
DIS Veteran

That is cute about Tom and the concert. It is fun to see some 'oldies, but goodies' down there when they have the special concerts. I keep hoping I will luck up and be there when Nelson performs some of their dad's hits, but so far, that hasn't happened. I did see Davy Jones - just stopped for a couple of pictures and to hear a couple of songs. This trip, there will be Boyz II Men, Smash Mouth, and Starship. I don't know anything about any of them. I would have been better off going later in October to hear The Pointer Sisters.

Lady and the Tramp is one of my favorite topiaries. I think they do a good job capturing the expressions, and Lady's ears are too cute.

Have lots of fun at the fair next week. We need as much fun in our lives as we can get to get through the 'blahness' of jobs and bills and housework, etc.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:17 AM   #72
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYorkDisneyFan View Post
I've got to saying I'm really liking your trip report so far, and I always have to stop and watch the train in Germany too. Have you seen the video that the Disney parks blog put up where they had a camera in the front of the train?
My son loves trains---has for years!!! Later on in this report, we do the behind the scenes train tour. So much fun!!!

I had no idea about the camera. I will have to check it out. Jeremy will love that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Too cute about Chubby Checker, I love it when you learn something new like that about something and they show how much something means to them. I saw that dumbo shirt and thought it was cute. Where did they get the pizza from? Great pictures and updates I love the train too!!!
The pizza is on the Boardwalk. I think it is near the bakery.

Tom was loving the moment!!! It was such a nice memory and really brought the kid out in him for at least a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
That is cute about Tom and the concert. It is fun to see some 'oldies, but goodies' down there when they have the special concerts. I keep hoping I will luck up and be there when Nelson performs some of their dad's hits, but so far, that hasn't happened. I did see Davy Jones - just stopped for a couple of pictures and to hear a couple of songs. This trip, there will be Boyz II Men, Smash Mouth, and Starship. I don't know anything about any of them. I would have been better off going later in October to hear The Pointer Sisters.

Lady and the Tramp is one of my favorite topiaries. I think they do a good job capturing the expressions, and Lady's ears are too cute.

Have lots of fun at the fair next week. We need as much fun in our lives as we can get to get through the 'blahness' of jobs and bills and housework, etc.
I know who Boyz II Men is but not sure about the others. I grew up a country music girl living in Kentucky so I didn't listen to a lot of that genre in the day. I would have liked the Pointer Sisters though.

Lady is such a beautiful topiary. You are correct that they do so much detail with her.

I will try to post some pictures of Jeremy's success at the fair. It should be a fun week. Although right now I am snowed under at work and will probably work most of this weekend. I have been fighting a cold. And, my house looks like a tornado ran through it. I have a feeling most of my vacation will be getting it clean and laundry done so we have something to wear.

Old 09-21-2012, 08:36 AM   #73
MEK
DIS Veteran

I read your update this morning when I could still see pictures. Hmmm...that was awhile ago - lets see what I can still remember.

OK - I love Jeremy's shirt. Very cute.

The dragon topiary was amazing.

I saw some new, creative displays that weren't there in 2010 like the man made out of flower pots. So cool.

You got a lot of really great shots!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 09-21-2012, 05:38 PM   #74
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Wow those topiaries are all just... Wow... now that is why we all love Disney... all those special details... I loved the dragon and the Beauty and the Beast Ones and well of them but the especially the Dragon and B&B

How cute was that about DH and Chubby Checker... I love when stuff like that happens... It's like they're a kid again...

I always wanted to go to a country fair... I'm kind of a city girl so I remember reading Charlotte's Web as a little kid and thinking that it would be such a cool thing to get to go to... Lots of luck to Jeremy

BTW- I think the shirt is quite fly as well...
Old 09-21-2012, 08:38 PM   #75
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom

My son loves trains---has for years!!! Later on in this report, we do the behind the scenes train tour. So much fun!!!

I had no idea about the camera. I will have to check it out. Jeremy will love that.
you should be able to find it on the Disney parks Chanel on YouTube. As for the train tour I love that one and have been on it twice.

Sent from my Samsung Galexy Ace using the DISBoards app

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: