Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2012, 01:02 PM   #1
sarah-jane
Mouseketeer

Exotic driving experience questions

Hello,

I have listened to Corey's great review of the Exotic Car Experience at WDW, and I want to give that to my husband for his birthday this year (Nov). He has always dreamed of driving a Lambourghini. My question is this. has anyone tall had experience driving the lambourghini? My husband is 6"3 but only 150 lbs, and the site says over 6"2 MAY have issues. I don't want to spend that much money only to have it be a disapopointment for him. Also, they say on the site that if you book the Lambourghini and find out you can't ride comfortably due to height you can switch to another car. If this happens do you pay the price of the other car or still pay the lambourghini price?

One final thing - we aren't going on our trip for almost a year - can I get a gift certificate or something? Any ideas on how I can present it creatively when he won't be using it for seven months after his birthday?

Thanks so much!

P.S. If this belongs on another forum feel free to move me - couldn't find one specifically for recreation but may have just missed it.

sarah-jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:30 PM   #2
Chrisrokc
Earning My Ears

At 6'2 your husband will be cramped in a Gallardo. Best advice I have is to bring the seat as far forward as he feels comfortable and lean the seat back. This will give him some head room. I am not sure if they make you wear helmets during this exotic driving experience, but if so it would be a super close fit. Without the helmet his head might already be at the head liner.

All is not lost though! If it doesnt work out with the Gallardo the Audi R8 and Ferrari 458 are far more comfortable for taller people. On top of that the Ferrari is a faster car and IMO is a better driving experience.
Chrisrokc is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-22-2012, 01:31 PM   #3
sarah-jane
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisrokc View Post
At 6'2 your husband will be cramped in a Gallardo. Best advice I have is to bring the seat as far forward as he feels comfortable and lean the seat back. This will give him some head room. I am not sure if they make you wear helmets during this exotic driving experience, but if so it would be a super close fit. Without the helmet his head might already be at the head liner.

All is not lost though! If it doesnt work out with the Gallardo the Audi R8 and Ferrari 458 are far more comfortable for taller people. On top of that the Ferrari is a faster car and IMO is a better driving experience.
Thanks for the advice. I may just get a Gift Certificate and allow him to talk to them directly to book.

sarah-jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:39 PM   #4
lucyem
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah-jane View Post
Thanks for the advice. I may just get a Gift Certificate and allow him to talk to them directly to book.
This would be my advice.

My DH is 6'3 and he could not drive the Lambourghini. The problem is the helmet adds height.
Old 08-22-2012, 03:51 PM   #5
Technosavant
DIS Veteran

A few things to keep in mind when picking a car:

The Audi R8 is the same platform and engine as that found in the Lamborghinis. It is a more luxurious vehicle, so it's a shade heavier, and with the engine in a lesser state of tune, it's a bit slower, but on this track you won't notice that.

I am 5'11" (although tall in the torso), and with the helmet on my huge noggin I was up against the headliner in the Audi. I'm not sure I'd have fit in the Lamborghinis, at least not in any comfortable fashion. I didn't notice the helmet/headliner contact while driving (things happen too fast for you to pay much attention to such things), but given how taxing the driving can be, being in a faster car but in a much less comfortable position is going to mean you're slower around the track.

You only go flat out for a very short distance- less than a quarter mile. The rest of the time you're yanking and banking the thing through the esses... I wouldn't depend too much on overall speed for this. Heck, I passed one of the 458s twice... it has nothing to do with the speed of the car and everything to do with the driver's comfort and ability levels. That driver clearly had little idea what he was doing, and the result is he was getting less out of his money than the 18 year old girl who was flinging the Porsche around the track. Best to be comfortable, then you will be fast.
Technosavant is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
birthday, exotic driving experience, height

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: