Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2012, 09:42 PM   #1
AgentR
Undercover

Celebrating My Birthday at Epcot!

Hello everybody!

So I am going to be celebrating my birthday at Epcot, and I heard about different dining places giving special birthday treats on people's birthdays. Have any of you had a birthday experience that you would like to share, and does anyone have any suggestions for dining places to go on birthdays? I truly appreciate any comments and suggestions!

BTW, this is my first post on here! :D

- Agent R
AgentR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:18 PM   #2
SenecaWolf
I let my mind wander and it didn't come back!

As far as freebies for birthdays it's purely up to the CM. You may get something, you may get nothing. In all honesty you shouldn't go to the meals in expectation of anything.

We were fortunate enough to get some pixie dust at each meal. My DD celebrated her sweet 16 in April at Disney and it was our first trip. When I made our ADR's I made sure to add the birthday celebration. At every table service she got a little something extra. At CRT the table was decorated with confetti and she got a lovely white chocolate slipper with fresh berries as a special dessert. At Ohana breakfast we all got cupcakes, she for her b-day and DS and I for our first visit. At Park Fare breakfast she got a cupcake and a placemat, DS and I were checking it out so much our waitress brought us over 2 more so we could each have one, at Garden Grill she got a cupcake, a birthday card signed by the characters (Mickey, Pluto and Chip N' Dale) and they gave her the lightup Buzz Lightyear on her drink for free. At T-Rex she got a special birthday dessert that they brought out and sang her happy birthday, they also comped her and DS's light up cups. But we got the most pixie dust at Ohana dinner.

Our ADR was for 9:10 and we got there about 45 minutes early. I asked at the podium what the earliest we could check in was and he told me about 30 minutes before. I told him it was our last night there of our first trip and that we made the trip in celebration of my DD's b-day and I asked if it was possible for us to get seated by a window so we could see Wishes which was at 10. I know that there is no guarantee but I figured I'd give it a shot.

We went and sat down to wait and about 5 minutes later he came over and handed us the pager. He told me that he got us checked in early and it shouldn't be long. Within 10 minutes it went off and the hostess remembered us from a few days before so we made some small talk on the way to our seats. I was SO surprised to see that we got seated with a direct view of the castle. There was only 1 table in front of us that was a 2 seater and we had a view of the water pageant and the fireworks were amazing. I eneded up sending a letter to guest communications so that I could make sure they all got a proper thank you for that one because it definitely made our last bittersweet night there special.

Make sure you get your Birthday button when you check in, you will get a lot of birthday greeting from the CM's and DD even got attention during the parades too and when we bought her princess ears they did her name for free.

CBR - 4/18/12-4/24/12 - First Family Trip/ DD's Sweet 16POP - 8/25/12-8/30/12 - Mother/Son TripCBR - 8/24/13-9/1/13 - 2nd Family Trip
SenecaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-21-2012, 10:33 PM   #3
AgentR
Undercover

Wow, that sounded like an amazing birthday celebration! It is true to not expect anything to happen. No matter what, I will definitely have a memorable time! :D

Thank-you for sharing your wonderful experience!
AgentR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:48 AM   #4
SnapesGirl
Mouseketeer

We were at 50s Prime Time for my mom's birthday this past April. They brought her a cupcake with a candle and made everyone in the restaurant sing her Happy Birthday. She loved it

May 2015 - Art of Animation; May 2014 - Art of Animation (TRIP REPORT) ; April 2012 - Offsite; September 2011 - Offsite; April 2011 - Offsite; May 2001 - Offsite; September 1999 - Fort Wilderness Cabin

SnapesGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:38 PM   #5
TheRatPack
Under penalty of law this tag not to be removed except by the tagfairy!

Make sure you wear your Birthday Celebration button too When my son wore his, his birthday was even acknowledged by non TS restaurants.

This year we're celebrating my oldest daughters birthday at Disney. She isn't expecting anything special....she's just happy to be going back to Disney LOL. But I do hope she gets some Pixie Dust

TheRatPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:07 PM   #6
BABYJOSIE98
DIS Veteran

Talking

Well I wore my Birthday button for sure and I had dinner on my Birthday a couple years ago at Le Cellier and it was wonderful and the server who was cute as can be brought me a free glass of champagne for my Birthday to have with my Creme brulee....It was fabulous!!!!!

Epcot is a great place too have your Birthday celebration...

treat yourself too a Grand Marniar orange slushy in France too...YUM!

I am not a kid though... 39 , but Disney made my birthday magical all the same!!!

CBR Nov 2001/Wonder Nov 02/S/D April 03/Wonder-ASM Oct 03/Seaworld-2004&05/Magic Oct 2005/BWV May 2006/OKW-Dec 06/POR-Sept 07/F&W S/D Oct 07/AKL-Oct 08/DL CA Oct 09-AKV-OCT 201O-POLY DEC-2010-Disney Dream/AKV May 2011DISNEY DREAM-AKV OCT 2012/AKV MAY 2013
AKV-OCT 2013/PFQ NOV 2013/BW-DTD JUNE 2014
BABYJOSIE98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:57 PM   #7
TheRatPack
Under penalty of law this tag not to be removed except by the tagfairy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BABYJOSIE98 View Post

I am not a kid though... 39 , but Disney made my birthday magical all the same!!!
That's what's great about Disney....they don't discriminate based on age LOL

TheRatPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:10 AM   #8
AgentR
Undercover

Thank-you for sharing your stories! I am getting very excited for my WDW trip in every second! :D
Old 08-27-2012, 09:01 PM   #9
Skarr
Earning My Ears

woohoo for birthdays at disney! :D
Skarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:39 PM   #10
jimjenkids
Mouseketeer

we always seem to go at Christmas, and that would be DH birthday(21st)....he wont admmit it, but he does like the attention that you get wearing the bday button....this year we are again going at christmas, thus his bday again, but will also be celebrating my oldest DS graduating from high school in may(a bit early) and my DS wanted the button as she is a valentines day baby.....we may just let her use DHs button for a day so she can have that magical bday feeling!

2014:Amazing Christmas vacation & 20th wedding anniversary -CBC, 2012:xmas-Pop century, 2010:CBC, 2008:ASMovie, 2000:Movies, 1999: sports, 1995:POF, 1984:Polly

jimjenkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:54 PM   #11
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

For my birthday. I have had a cupcake at Breakfast from capt grill. We got seated right in front of the aquarium at Coral Reef. Maybe just a coincidence but IDTS! For our 25th at Yachtsmen. We got a personalized menu and a special dessert. DS got a phone call from Goofy ( i think). In EPCOT. A CM must have seen his birthday button and told him they had been looking for him because he had a phone call and it was a recording wishing him a happy birthday.
Ro Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:05 AM   #12
CraigInPA
Since June 1974

When you make your ADR, I believe you can tell them it's your birthday. Even so, I'd wear the "It's my birthday" badge they give you (at your hotel when you check in, or in the post office at MK).

The ONLY time my wife and I didn't get anything special was at dinner at San Angel Inn, but we had the *worst* server that night.

Typically, the different restaurants have different things they'll do. At 50's PT or Sci-Fi, you're likely to be asked to stand up so everyone can sing happy birthday, and you'll get a huge ice cream dessert. At most table service restaurants, you'll get a specially decorated dessert and sometimes a special souvenir menu.

Both of us wearing an "It's my anniversary" button got us a glass of champagne at Artist Point and California Grill, and a table covered in confetti at California Grill and Narcoosee's.
CraigInPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:19 AM   #13
TheRustyScupper
Average Banjo Picker and Fairly Good Sailing Master

For birthdays, anniversies, and other celebrations,
no restaurant/resort is that much better than another.

1) Acknowledgment is a matter of the CM's personal initiative.
. . . depends upon how much they like you as a guest
. . . depends if they feel like doing anything special today
. . . depends upon the phase of the moon
2) CM's can do a lot, or they can do nothing at all.
. . . they are under no obligation to give goodies or even acknowledge, or
. . . they can go way overboard and give lots of gifts to a guest
3) The CM's have a lot of leeway of things to do or not do for you.
4) Have your anniversary-birthday-celebration noted on the ressie and ADR's.
5) Some of the things a CM can do for free are
. . . decorate table with Mickey confetti
. . . best table location
. . . special personalized menu
. . . character-autographed birthday cards
. . . balloons
. . . wine or champagne or Shirley Temples
. . . appetizers or desserts
. . . cakes
. . . cupcake with candle (almost always available for the asking)
. . . placemats autographed by characters
. . . free appy or free dessert
. . . room full of balloons and/or flowers
. . . fruit basket or wine basket in hotel room
7) If you want something special (cakes, etc) buy them instead of hoping for them.
TheRustyScupper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 01:37 PM   #14
Sweet Pea Reed
Mouseketeer

AgentR, be sure to come back and let us know how your birthday at Epcot went!

I'm going to WDW in February for my birthday. I think it's just the best place to celebrate.
Sweet Pea Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:50 AM   #15
AgentR
Undercover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea Reed View Post
AgentR, be sure to come back and let us know how your birthday at Epcot went!

I'm going to WDW in February for my birthday. I think it's just the best place to celebrate.
I will definitely share my story, and hopefully post pictures too! I hope to hear about your birthday experience too! :D

Tags
birthday, dining, disney world, epcot, food

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: