Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Gay and Lesbian at Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2012, 07:00 PM   #1
Ruggerpooh
Earning My Ears

Disney Wedding in October 2012

My girlfriend and I are having an escape wedding in Disney in two months! Has anyone out there had a same sex wedding in Disney World recently that can share how they were treated by CMs as well as other guests? We got engaged there and had no issues. In fact staff were all very sweet and congratulatory. Guests probably didn't even notice us. We weren't wearing wedding attire at the time so I wonder if that might provoke some nastiness.
Ruggerpooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:42 PM   #2
Disneytwinsmom
DIS Veteran

I assure you that you will not have any issues at all! I am the owner of a Travel Agency and actually just booked another couple to get married there in January 2013. The CM I have been working with have treated this WeddingMoon as they would any other. The two women I am working with were a little nervous about it as well, and after I told them all the support that the Disney team has given me with all the details that they wanted, they feel great. These women don't even live in the same city as me but wanted a "family" agent so that I would be honest with them.
I hope that helps and CONGRATULATIONS!
Register to remove

Old 08-23-2012, 08:40 PM   #3
tinkerpea
DIS Veteran

I just wanted to say a huge congratulations and to let you know that we will be there in October and if we was to see you youd get nothing but wonderful smiles from us!

I doubt very much that you will be treated any different to anybody else who is getting married at Disney! Im guessing the only time that you may get looks etc might be from children who would be wondering why 2 women are getting married!
I would hope that just like anything else that can be a little unusual that the parents would explain that you was getting married as you was in love and how wonderful to of found somebody you love enough to marry in Disney!

This is how i would explain it to my children anyway!

Again I hope that you have an amazing wedding and its everything you have ever hoped for

Me 28,DH 32,DS 10, DS"Twins"8
tinkerpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:10 PM   #4
Ruggerpooh
Earning My Ears

Thanks!
Ruggerpooh is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: