Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2012, 08:29 AM   #16
Hej2222
Mouseketeer

We ate lunch at BOG on 11/23 with 20 min wait to get to the door. I was so upset for months because of not being able to get ADR for dinner, but after having lunch there I was happy that we actually ended up with lunch experience instead of dinner. I agree the price difference is substantial. Lines were not that long on one of the busiest days at WDW (crowd level of 9). You could choose where you were dining and you could also see all the rooms. I believe they open for lunch at 10:30, lines were starting to form around 10 AM. We actually went there at busy time at 1 PM and were done ordering at 1:30. Our food was at the table at 1:40. Very efficient, great experience, food was delicious!

November 2014-ASMuR/AoA; June 2014-OKW/GF Villas and cruise on Disney Dream; Nov 2013-AoA/off site; July 2013-off site (GKTW) and cruise on Disney Dream; November 2012-off site; Aug 2012-Disney Magic NYC; July 2012-AoA; Nov 2011-BLT; June 2011, April 2010, Jan 2009, March 2008-off site; Oct 1996-Disneyland Honeymoon; Sept 1994-off site (adult only)
Hej2222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:22 PM   #17
GoofyTraci
DIS Veteran

forgive me if I am wrong but I thought I saw a cup one for belle and one for the beast that you could get at the restaurant. Does anyone have any info on this? Cost? is this lunch, dinner or both? thanks for any info
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-29-2012, 04:24 PM   #18
VeroBeachGirl
Mouseketeer

Is lunch counter service or does it require an ADR? If it is counter service, how do they do it with the table service dinner setup already at the restaurant.
VeroBeachGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:28 PM   #19
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyTraci View Post
forgive me if I am wrong but I thought I saw a cup one for belle and one for the beast that you could get at the restaurant. Does anyone have any info on this? Cost? is this lunch, dinner or both? thanks for any info
You can buy a "royal goblet" at dinner. Didn't see them at lunch but they sell them in the gift shop by Gaston's.

Quote:
Is lunch counter service or does it require an ADR? If it is counter service, how do they do it with the table service dinner setup already at the restaurant.
Lunch is counter service without the counter. You order at an electronic kiosk or from a cashier before you enter the dining room, find a seat, and the food is brought to you.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:26 PM   #20
TXMemaw
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeisgood1 View Post
Do you know what time they open for lunch?
We ate lunch there yesterday and got in line about 10:45. The line started moving about 5 minutes later. They only let in enough people to fill up the entry way and everyone else waits outside. They were letting new groups in about every 2-3 minutes. We had ordered and were seated in about 15 minutes. When we left it was about 11:45 and the line was much longer and the dining areas were full, so I'd suggest to go early especially if you are there during a busier time of the year.
TXMemaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:36 PM   #21
Atotty
DIS Veteran

We ate there last week for lunch The food was good. The room with the rose is great. The ballroom is very pretty. The food was good. The wait wasn't long at all.

The one thing I didn't like and I'm sure they will find a way to fix this is that we were using dining credits. One of us wanted an entire meal. Another just wanted to get the soup and use a snack credit. When you check in at the podium the greeter asks how you are paying. We said dining plan. However, when ordering at the self-service kiosks, there was no way to use a meal credit *and* a snack credit; it was all one way or nothing. We ended up having a cast member ask a manager how to do it and we ended up having to get a second ordering device (rose). Hopefully they will get this glitch fixed soon.
Moved Here December 2012; POP Thanksgiving 2012; Day Trip July 2012; Yacht Club CL May/June 2012; Offsite School Competition April 2012; CBR Mar 2012; POP Jan/Feb 2012; DTD Hilton Apr 2011; POFQ/AKV/CSR Nov 2010; CBR/Windsor Hills/POR June 2009; AKV/RPH/Windsor Hills June 2008; All Star Sports/Dolphin Thanksgiving 2007; POP/Windsor Hills June 2007; POP June 2006; POR Oct 2005; POR May 2004; AKL May 2003; MK 1985; Epcot 1984; Disneyland 1969
Atotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:43 PM   #22
Crystal824
DIS Veteran

I asked what time they served lunch when we were there last week. I was told from 10:30 until 2:00. They close between lunch and dinner to prepare for dinner.
Crystal824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:44 PM   #23
GiJohnsGirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellyn2000
Just wanted to post here that we had dinner @Be Our Guest on 11/20. It was wonderful. They did a good job of being on time with reservations. We were in the West Wing dining room and every so often a petal would fall from the rose and with a clap of thunder and lightening the portrait of the prince would change to the Beast. The Beast would also be announced/presented as our host several times during dinner and would stomp in, take a bow and then leave to receive guests in the library. You could go to the library to see him. Visited all of the dining rooms and its all beautiful. We all either had the steak or roasted game hen and it was delicious. Dessert is either beautiful cupcakes or different puff pastries. Wonderful experience.
Are those the only desserts? Could anyone give more detail?

Sept 2010 ASMovies
Jan 2012 Pop
July 2012 Art of Animation
April 2013 Pop Adults only trip
June 2013 Dream First DCL!
GiJohnsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:10 PM   #24
TheDisneyBunch
Laughs hysterically at the word.. DUMP!!!

We had lunch there as well on 11/18. It was great! We loved the theme of the entire place. We were able to walk around and take pictures and such. I love how the food is brought out. Everything we had was great.

We had 2 cm's both tell us that they actually preferred lunch to dinner. We do hope to eventually try dinner though.
TheDisneyBunch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:56 PM   #25
Patrickprincess
HAVE A MAGICAL DAY

be our guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeisgood1 View Post
Do you know what time they open for lunch?
I have to wait until the end of march for ressies. Do they do anything diffent for a birthday?
2012 WDW Riverside Port Orleans Riverside Royal Guest Room. Disney cruiseline The Fantasy. 2007 Disneyland @The Disneyland Hotel. 2006 Disneyland @ The Paradise pier hotel. 2004 WDW @ Port Orleans French quater. 2002 WDW@ Port Orleans Riverside/Disney Cruiseline The Wonder. 2000 Disneyland @The Disneyland Hotel. Disneyland 1999 1998,1996 2013 WDW Port Orleans Riverside Royal Guest

A proud Disney stock holder. [']A fan of The Seattle Mariners and the Seattle Seahawks 2014 Superbowl champions
Patrickprincess is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: