Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2012, 12:26 PM   #1
bcroix78
Earning My Ears

MNSSHP Treats ???

My family and i are going to our first mnsshp this Oct, and i was just wondering if there are and food or snacks that are special to this event. If so which ones do i need to try.
bcroix78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:36 PM   #2
archdandy
DIS Veteran

As far as I know there aren't special treats that you get like at the MVMCP (hot chocolate and cookies) but you do get a trick or treating bag when you enter the party and you can fill it up at several locations. You can go back to each location as many times as you want throughout the party. There are many halloween related treats throughout all of the parks during September and October but they aren't specific to the party. Just look around and you will find some, they have special cookies, cupcakes, candy apples etc. They do have special merchandise for the party and you will get a park map at the beginning of the party that shows which stores you can find the merch in.

October 2013 Port Orleans Resort
May 2013 Animal Kingdom Kidani
October 2012 Art of Animation
January 2012 Port Orleans Resort
June 2011 Coronado Springs
September 2010 All Star Sports
archdandy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-21-2012, 02:38 PM   #3
herb102211
DIS Veteran

I don't remember there being special treats like at MVMCP, other than the trick or treating, either.

*Food, Wine & Christmas Time..A November 2012 TR*
Wining & Dining Around the World~ An October '13 TR
5/08- Offsite, 5/09- Pop Century, 11/09 (engagement!)- Pop Century, 3/10- Pop Century/Disney Wonder 4 Nt Bahamas, 9/10- Pop Century, 3/11- Beach Club/ Disney Dream 3 Nt Bahamas, 5/11- Beach Club, 10/11- (Disneymoon) Beach Club, 12/11-Beach Club 3/12- BCV/BLT , 5/12- BCV/OKW/BLT, 9/12-BWV/BCV/BLT/AoA, 11/12- BCV 2/13- BCV/OKW, 4/13-BWV, 9/13- BWV, 10/13- Yacht Club , 2/14- BWV, 4/14- BWV/WL, 7/14- Yacht Club-CL, 10/14- Yacht Club , 12/14- AoA 3/15-BC, 5/15-YC
Me (28) DH (29)
herb102211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 04:12 PM   #4
TheRatPack
Under penalty of law this tag not to be removed except by the tagfairy!

They do have some awesome cupcakes and Halloween themed popcorn buckets and stuff like that though. Last year they had a witch cupcake, eyeball cupcake....you can see 2010's cupcakes here and they were pretty much the same as last years DisneyFoodBlog.

As everyone already mentioned...you get to trick or treat too, and get a special MNSSHP plastic bag to do that with. Years ago they offered a free photo for everyone attending the party and free face painting. I know the photo is gone and last year we didn't see the face painting booths either but then we didn't look too hard for face painting last year.

The popcorn buckets are cute too, last year they were Mickey dressed up as a ghost....too cute. There is a TON of MNSSHP merchandise too, this year a lot of it seems to be patterned after Haunted Mansion....YAY!

TheRatPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:18 PM   #5
ktate82
DIS Veteran

How did I miss those cupcakes?!?!?!?! That will be on the list this year! I remember seeing rice crispy treats shaped like bats, candy corn, and pumpkins with colored frosting the last two years.
Sept 2014 AKL, June 2014 SWW at OKW, Feb 2014 Disney Magic, Sept 2013 AKL, May 2013 POP, Dec 2012 AOA, Sept 2012 POP, Sept 2011 Poly, March 2011 Poly, Sept 2010 CBR, July 1995 off site (MK only), Aug 1987 off site (MK only)

ktate82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:44 PM   #6
bcroix78
Earning My Ears

I will be on the hunt for these cupcakes...
bcroix78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:25 PM   #7
poly princess
Mouseketeer

Yes! Last year sold popcorn in a "Mickey Ghost", that can you can use for trick or treating or as a cookie jar. In Main Street Confections, that had cupcakes.
Best of all free candy!
Old 08-22-2012, 06:01 AM   #8
tinktinktink
Mouseketeer

Yay for cupcakes! I'm so excited!
tinktinktink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:12 AM   #9
tadamom
DIS Veteran

The only thing I remember seeing was the Mickey Ghost popcorn bucket (super cute). But when you see it, you better get it. I kept saying I was going to get one and then I was told they only sold them on MNSSHP days. Went to the party and had to walk around to quite a few popcorn stands before I found one selling them. Needless to say, after all that run-around for the bucket, I dropped it a year later and the ear broke off I am hoping to get another one in a few weeks when we are there.
June 2004 - Michael's 1st trip to Disney World -- Old Key West May 2007 - Parker's 1st trip to Disney World -- Pop Century & 4 nights @ SSR Grand Villa October 2009 - Saratoga Springs Resort with the whole fam! October 2010 - All Star Movies --1st family trip with just the 4 of us!!! Awesome!
September 2012 - All Star Sports w/the whole family! B'day trip for Michael!
[COLOR="Lime"]November 2013 - Coronado Springs! B'day trip for Parker![/COLORMarch 2014 - 1 night at Pop Century for SIL's Disney wedding!

tadamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:41 PM   #10
TheRatPack

We have the popcorn bucket too....they actually have lanterns that match it this year! I love that time of year, such cute stuff.

And yes the cupcakes were good.....and some sell out quickly so if you have your heart set on a specific one I'd check Main Street bakery earlier in the day

Old 08-22-2012, 02:02 PM   #11
ThroughLookingGlass
“Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle.” Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcroix78 View Post
My family and i are going to our first mnsshp this Oct, and i was just wondering if there are and food or snacks that are special to this event. If so which ones do i need to try.
Main Street bakery has really cool cupcakes,

They were DELICIOUS. Sat on the curb and ate them while we waited for the parade. The bakery also has fun cookies, and goofy's candy company has lots of halloween themed apples, tigger tails, marshmallow's, rice crispy treats, and other things.

At the party they have trick or treating but we cheat and just buy candy from goofy's because the lines are always long for trick or treating and you never know if they have 'the good stuff' or the cheap candy
Old 08-22-2012, 04:04 PM   #12
TheRatPack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThroughLookingGlass View Post

At the party they have trick or treating but we cheat and just buy candy from goofy's because the lines are always long for trick or treating and you never know if they have 'the good stuff' or the cheap candy
They have the good stuff.....

Every year we've been they give out good candy....never a Necco wafer in the bunch LOL.

One year as we were leaving they were even handing out Ghirardelli chocolate squares at the MK gates

That's half the fun of MNSSHP is the trick or treating....well it is for our family .

Old 08-22-2012, 05:05 PM   #13
Kimosabe
DIS Veteran

If you are staying on property, you might also check with your resort to see if they are doing anything special. We went to MNSSHP on Halloween night a few years ago, and the resort had lots of activities going on around the pool that afternoon, including a variety of free food (e.g., Mickey rice krispy treats, among other things). Might have been going on because it was on October 31 itself, but worth asking just in case. As for the party itself, I recall having so much candy from the trick or treating that we eventually just stopped holding our bags out. Not sure if this is every year, but one of the things we got in our bags was a Disney card game with a Halloween theme, so keep your eys open for non-food treats, too.
Kimosabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:13 PM   #14
Queen2PrincessG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimosabe View Post
If you are staying on property, you might also check with your resort to see if they are doing anything special. We went to MNSSHP on Halloween night a few years ago, and the resort had lots of activities going on around the pool that afternoon, including a variety of free food (e.g., Mickey rice krispy treats, among other things). Might have been going on because it was on October 31 itself, but worth asking just in case. As for the party itself, I recall having so much candy from the trick or treating that we eventually just stopped holding our bags out. Not sure if this is every year, but one of the things we got in our bags was a Disney card game with a Halloween theme, so keep your eys open for non-food treats, too.
^^^^ THIS^^^ except for us it was the weekend before. Lots of goodies for free and to buy!

Queen2PrincessG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:53 PM   #15
TheRatPack

What resorts usually have the goodies? I have never seen anything at POP Century so I'm guessing the extra activities are probably Mod or Deluxe?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: