Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2013, 02:19 PM   #1
dchronister
Mouseketeer

Anybody ever rent the bikes at WL and ride to FW?

Has anyone ever done this? Is it worth it? The reason I ask it that way is that there are seven of us, quite a train of bikes. Are the surrey bikes hard to steer, would that be doable to ride to FW and around. I would like to look around at FW but don't really want to walk it, will get enough walking and I hear it is huge, so thought maybe the bikes would be good. Also, it's the weekend after Thanksgiving and we have decided to do other things for the first 2 days and let the parks clear out a bit. So just curious if this is actually a good plan, planning a water park, but afraid that won't work out because of weather and if it doesn't, we need a backup. Thanks
dchronister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:24 PM   #2
flinkerfrosch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchronister View Post
Has anyone ever done this? Is it worth it? The reason I ask it that way is that there are seven of us, quite a train of bikes. Are the surrey bikes hard to steer, would that be doable to ride to FW and around. I would like to look around at FW but don't really want to walk it, will get enough walking and I hear it is huge, so thought maybe the bikes would be good. Also, it's the weekend after Thanksgiving and we have decided to do other things for the first 2 days and let the parks clear out a bit. So just curious if this is actually a good plan, planning a water park, but afraid that won't work out because of weather and if it doesn't, we need a backup. Thanks
Yes, twice! It was so fun! Myself, DH and 2 boys rented a surrey bike and we rode to FW. The path is great, and we saw SO many deer! They were so close to us that we could have walked up and touched them!
They are very easy to use/steer etc..my DH and I did all the work while the boys relaxed and enjoyed the ride.
You can't ride the bikes around FW. You have to park them and then you can walk around the campground.
My boys loved it so much that we ended up doing it 2 days in a row!
My 6 year old talks about it all the time and it is one of the "must do's" on the list for next year's trip!
Have a wonderful vacation
flinkerfrosch is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-11-2013, 04:15 PM   #3
tobikaye
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinkerfrosch View Post
You can't ride the bikes around FW. You have to park them and then you can walk around the campground.
I am guessing this is specific to the surrey bikes.

OP: If are renting regular bikes, then you should be good. I know when staying at FW and having the time to rent a bike that I ride all over FW.

If you decide you do not want to ride the bikes, then you could do a combo of walking and using the bus to get around.

Here is a FW map: http://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/fwmap.pdf

Campsites are in the 100 to 2000 loops and Cabins are the 2100 - 2800 loops.

When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do - Walt Disney
tobikaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:03 PM   #4
dchronister
Mouseketeer

Ok, if we rent the surrey we have to park it and walk at FW? But if we rent regular bikes we can ride those through the campground? Is this right?
dchronister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:35 PM   #5
Victoria3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchronister View Post
Ok, if we rent the surrey we have to park it and walk at FW? But if we rent regular bikes we can ride those through the campground? Is this right?
Correct.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: