Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2012, 12:17 AM   #16
stackyallred
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatNipRules View Post
I love your PTR!! I love reading other's reports. I get a lot of useful tips on things to do and thing I might need! LOL!!

Your DS is soooo adorable!!

I'm reading along and can't wait to read more about your plans!!
Yay! Thank you for joining in! I am hoping to get in another update in the next day or so. I feel the same way about reading about others' trips- we are all being continually educated!

Honeymoon @ ASM 2003 / Caribbean Beach Resort 2005 / DL 2006 / Bonnet Creek Resort 2007 /
Pop 2008 x2 / POP 2009 / POP 2010 / WBC & BWV 2011 / POP 2012 / POP & AKL 2013/ AKL & POP 2014
The Hamstring of Sadness Will Not Defeat the Magic! A TR of sacrificial joy!
stackyallred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 06:25 AM   #17
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by stackyallred View Post
Thanks so much and thank you for all your help yesterday! I see you have a September trip planned, too! I just saw your link in your signature. Headed over to read about your plans now!
You're welcome! Glad I could help. Thanks for stopping by my PTR! It's mostly ramblerambleramble UPDATE, ramblerambleramble UPDATE form.

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-25-2012, 10:30 PM   #18
stackyallred
DIS Veteran

Let’s keep this report rolling! I gave some background on our Disney history but I think it is time to give some details on how we do WDW! In the next link I will start to list what our specific 2012 plans are.

It occurred to me that I did not give any of our names earlier or much of a description and since I am long winded and overly detailed by nature, I’ll take a moment to do that!

Here is a great picture that describes my DH!

His name is Philip and he is a big kid and an incredible husband and dad. I am BEYOND blessed to have such an incredible man love me so much... and love going to WDW so much, too! Philip’s favorite rides are Expedition Everest, Soarin’ and Toy Story Mania, yet Magic Kingdom is his favorite park- go figure! Philip is very energetic, almost always happy (unless he’s hungry) and I am pretty sure that in 12 years of being together/9 years of marriage I have never seen him truly angry. He is a go with the flow kind of guy but is more than happy to follow a plan on vacation and even help make whatever plans are needed.

Now, I could show you a picture of me (Stacey) but since we are taking a look at who we really are and you have already seen what I look like, these pictures will do a better job of explaining me!

Example of My WDW Master Plan (Best Parks To Visit, Times, ADRs, Itineraries)

My Partial 'Mock-Up' of our POP Closet Area

As you can see, I am an organizer and a planner (in case you actually just muttered, “Oh no, she didn’t” about the POP closet thing... yes, I really did. Hey, I like knowing how things will fit once we are in the room!) I love to plan but then once we are on vacation, the plans can totally change if needed (however, now with all my new found allergies I can’t be too lenient with where and what I eat like before)! The planning is part of the fun for me and I do get some sort of high from seeing how organized I can be each trip. When we arrive at our resort, DH takes DS and gives me the place to myself to get organized, unpacked, etc... (see, told you he was awesome! ). My favorite rides are Expedition Everest, Space Mountain and Soarin’. I love Epcot but I can never get enough of Magic Kingdom!

Once we are settled, the real fun begins! We are the type who like to totally pretend reality doesn’t exist once our airplane takes off for MCO. We take Magical Express and once we hit WDW property, we stay put. DH LOVES Harry Potter so some day we will probably venture over in that direction but for now, we like to keep it all in the Disney family.

DS about to take his first ever Magical Express ride back in 2010! (Doesn’t DS look excited? )

When DS is with us, we basically cater to his normal schedule. He is a very regimented kid (partly because I am big on a sleep schedule for him, partly because he just seems to do best with routine) but as long as we don’t let him get over tired or over hungry, he is a happy kid. We always try to do rope drop and then come back for an afternoon nap. We head out again for a few hours and then try to get him to bed at a normal time. The good news is that Florida is an hour ahead of us, so his normal 7:30 bedtime is 8:30 there and his normal 6:30 AM wake up time is 7:30 AM there (and yes, I know, he goes to bed early, but believe me, the kid wakes up at 6:30 NO MATTER WHAT TIME HE GOES TO BED so we just go with it!). We are all three pretty enamored with Wishes so we always make one night a late night so that we can see it and then we take it easy the next morning. I’ve read how some kids struggle with the overstimulation of WDW... DS struggles when he is bored. The more there is for his curious little eyes and hands to explore, the better behaved he is. He is just like his mommy and daddy in that way- we like to stay busy as long as we get our rest and our tummies don’t get empty! DS thus far seems to be a daredevil and loves all the rides. This year will be his first chance to ride The Barnstormer and he is very excited based on what he has seen on YouTube! He is also looking forward to getting autographs for the first time and he claims his favorite character is Pluto... but he also keeps asking if he can meet Clarabelle- too much Mickey Mouse Clubhouse for him, I guess!

DS watching Wishes on You Tube when he was approx. 5 months old- or as we call it, "brainwashing!" LOL!

When it is just DH and I, we just do whatever we feel like doing! Again, that will be a bit different this trip because I want to stick to the ADRs that I sent to Special Diets. All restaurants will have a chef come speak to you about a noted allergy, but I specifically picked restaurants that (according to all my research) have the best options for me. Anyway, if we feel like sleeping in, we do, if we feel like making rope drop at 8 AM and staying out until midnight, we do. We love just using Disney transportation and just going with the flow. Basically, if we are in Disney World, we are happy! We have a tradition of visiting all 4 parks on our last day so here are some pics from the last day of our 5th Anniversary Trip:

AK:

HS:

EP:

MK:

Now that you know a little bit more about us, the next link (hope to get it up tomorrow) will be some info about our actual upcoming trip... that is quickly approaching the 2 week mark!

Honeymoon @ ASM 2003 / Caribbean Beach Resort 2005 / DL 2006 / Bonnet Creek Resort 2007 /
Pop 2008 x2 / POP 2009 / POP 2010 / WBC & BWV 2011 / POP 2012 / POP & AKL 2013/ AKL & POP 2014
Old 08-26-2012, 03:32 PM   #19
stackyallred
DIS Veteran

This happens to me a lot so I just have to ask and see if there are any other crazies like me! When I am on facebook or sometimes when I am even talking to someone, I have the urge to insert the little emoticons available here on the Disboards... like when I see or hear something really gross I envision this little guy: or if I think something is a good idea, I imagine this happy guy: ! It goes both ways, though because I find myself wanting to "like" stuff on the boards here like I do on facebook. Regardless, I think it is clear that I need to WALK AWAY FROM MY COMPUTER for a while!

Old 08-26-2012, 08:21 PM   #20
BearcatsFan
Soak up the Sun

A POP closet mock-up? I'm loving that - it completely appeals to my obsessive, over-planning nature!

Love the "brainwashing" of DS - gotta get 'em started early, I say.

Old 08-27-2012, 07:08 AM   #21
theycomefromallover
Mouseketeer

Nice

Last edited by theycomefromallover; 08-31-2012 at 03:16 PM.
theycomefromallover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:25 AM   #22
Disneychix
Is it summer yet?

Nice Intros!

When do you start packing? Or are you already packed?

"You ain't never had a friend like MEEEEEE"

May 2010 TR-39th B-Day full of surprises!

Come read my December 2009 TR!!
Disneychix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:37 AM   #23
CatNipRules
Overplanner Extraordinaire....
I love them when they are raw
I got Mickey mail

Love the pictures!! I must say that my DS was like yours when he was little. He would wake up at 6 no matter what time he went to bed. I wish he was like that now, but at 15 that's probably just a dream. LOL!

We are doing the ME for the first time this trip. No rental car or anything. It will be a first for us.

Love the picture of DS watching Wishes. It's a must to start early with the Disney training! DS is a bigger planner than my DH is now!! LOL!!

Even at 15 my DS gets very, very Grumpy if he gets hungry. Takes after his dad in that respect. LOL!!

Love the POP closet area!! So exciting!!

CatNipRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:09 AM   #24
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

I'm in! We have food allergies in our family [Wheat and Peanut/treenut...no where near your list!]...AND I have trip report remorse from our last trip.
[You can find that one, and my more successful attempts in my siggie.]

You three are adorable! LOL

Looking forward to reading more!
DisneyMom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:09 PM   #25
stackyallred
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatsFan View Post
A POP closet mock-up? I'm loving that - it completely appeals to my obsessive, over-planning nature!

Love the "brainwashing" of DS - gotta get 'em started early, I say.
I am glad we can all take comfort that there are others like us! I know lots of people see it as weird, but I see it as "channeling my excitement."

Quote:
Originally Posted by theycomefromallover View Post
Very Nice! I can attest to the fact that she is really this organized!
If you can still appreciate me after truly knowing me, then you are a true friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneychix View Post
Nice Intros!

When do you start packing? Or are you already packed?
Thanks!!! I have definitely started gathering things but no suitcases have actually been filled. I am hoping to start that in the next day or so. I want to be packed early so I can spend my last full day before we leave baking and prepping allergy-free foods. I hope I can actually be as organized as I plan to be!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatNipRules View Post
Love the pictures!! I must say that my DS was like yours when he was little. He would wake up at 6 no matter what time he went to bed. I wish he was like that now, but at 15 that's probably just a dream. LOL!

We are doing the ME for the first time this trip. No rental car or anything. It will be a first for us.

Love the picture of DS watching Wishes. It's a must to start early with the Disney training! DS is a bigger planner than my DH is now!! LOL!!

Even at 15 my DS gets very, very Grumpy if he gets hungry. Takes after his dad in that respect. LOL!!

Love the POP closet area!! So exciting!!
I have often dreamed of those teenage days to come, LOL! I know those will come with their own battle, though!

I hope you like the WDW Transportation- I am sure you will! The majority of our trips have been totally dependent on Disney Transportation. We have driven our car once but then used Disney Transportation the rest of the time and then last year we stayed at Bonnet Creek with my in-laws for the first half of our trip and they rented a car. It was really nice having a car with DS' nap schedule but now that he is older I think just using Disney's busses will work ok. We love using ME from the airport because it is like immediate WDW overload- just like we like it! DH and I like not having to worry about driving and doing as they say on the bus: "Sit back, relax and leave the driving to us."

Taht is awesome about your DS! We hope to get DS to fall in love with WDW as much as we have. If he is anything like his daddy and mommy were as teens, I think we will be ok!

Glad you like the closet- now let's see if I can truly get it organized once I get there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom5 View Post
I'm in! We have food allergies in our family [Wheat and Peanut/treenut...no where near your list!]...AND I have trip report remorse from our last trip.
[You can find that one, and my more successful attempts in my siggie.]

You three are adorable! LOL

Looking forward to reading more!
Welcome and thanks for reading!

I will have to take a look at your reports! I love reading about others' experiences with allergies- helps me know more of what to expect! I guess I am not the only one who hasn't quite finished their reports as they once expected to, huh? At least we aren't alone

Thanks a bunch- DH and I feel we are way more adorable with DS around

Old 08-31-2012, 03:11 PM   #26
stackyallred
DIS Veteran

It has been a crazy week! Every time I hope to do another update, something comes up. Hoping to get another one up tonight. Only 11 days!

Almost everything on my "To Buy for WDW" list has been purchased. Can't believe it is so close!

Old 08-31-2012, 06:27 PM   #27
BearcatsFan
Soak up the Sun

Go you for getting your list almost finished! Both our trips are getting so close!

Old 08-31-2012, 08:53 PM   #28
stackyallred
DIS Veteran

Ok... I guess since my "pre-trip" time is slowly dwindling, I should finally give some details about the actual trip!

Dates: September 10 - September 22

We will be flying out of our airport at 7:25 AM. We actually have two international airports in our city- one 15 minutes away and one 50 minutes away. SW only flies out of the further one so we need to be at the airport at no later than 6 AM... which means leaving home at around 5 AM. Have I mentioned I am not a morning person??? We are schedule to arrive at MCO at 10:45 AM so I am hoping that we will be at POP in enough time to enjoy lunch over at AoA...

Side note: Chef Dan called me today (used to be at POP but is now at AoA) and he was so nice! As of early this week I still had not heard from any Chef at POP even though I had asked special diets to please have a chef contact me at their earliest convenience on my allergy form that I had to send in. I wasn’t going to badger them, but I hoped this one last effort would be successful and give me some peace that I’d have plenty to eat. So, I emailed again and also asked very nicely if they would also contact a chef at AoA since I was hoping to grab a meal or two there as well. Chef Dan called me within an hour! I was so impressed but bummed because he called as I was heading out the door to church. It came up as “blocked” and all the other chefs' calls showed a 407 area code. WIth a wiggly toddler and a schedule to keep I just ignored it. Bad idea, right? But he left me his office number and told me to leave a few specific times that he could try me back. So we got in touch today and he told me that AoA is doing test days from dinner on Sept. 10 (the day we arrive) to dinner on the 14th. He recommended that we avoid it during that time so that I would get the best allergy free experience possible. However, my mom and DS will be heading out early on the 15th (more on that later) so it looks like our only chance to eat there together is lunch on the 10th! I really want DS to see AoA so hopefully this will work out. Chef Dan said to be prepared for there to be a total of 3,000-4,000 guests around at that time on property because they invite people in to see how they can function at full occupancy. As much as I once wanted to stay at AoA, I am glad now that it didn’t work out! Anyway, Chef Dan was the nicest of all the chefs I have spoken to and was very reassuring that I’d eat well. He even told me the hours he works so that he could meet me. Chef Gary is who contacted me from POP (within just one day of sending that 2nd email! Yay!) and he was also very helpful and reassured me that I’d have plenty of choices. Ok... that was longest “side note” ever!

Anyway, we will see how everyone is holding up hunger-wise once we arrive and then decide if we want to trek over to AoA or just dive right into POP and eat there.

We have requested top floor, connecting rooms facing the lake. We have never had a hard time getting top floor, lake rooms in September but I am guessing the connecting request will narrow our choices a lot. Bottom line, we hope to connect and be on a top floor somewhere quiet. We will see what is available when the times comes!

The plan for arrival day is to get settled (aka- me go crazy with the organizing LOL) and then rest. With such an early morning that day I am sure we will need it plus we want to make rope drop at MK the next day. I hope that after we have lunch, we can get DS to take a nap if our room is ready (he likes his schedule so I am hoping this goes as it usually does and he falls asleep even among the excitement) and then we will either just swim and eat dinner at POP or we may venture to DTD. I am not completely sure of my food options at DTD so I am a little leery of eating there which totally STINKS because I LOVE Earl of Sandwich and I am still mourning my love of bread (darn gluten allergy!). But, I am super excited to try something at Babycakes Bakery since I think (fingers crossed) that the majority of their offerings are safe for me! Regardless, I am hoping we get to bed early and get a good night’s sleep!

Old 09-02-2012, 11:05 AM   #29
BearcatsFan
Soak up the Sun

So glad you got called by both chefs - what a relief, eh? The nicest one I spoke with was at Biergarten. As far as eating in DTD, have you checked the disABILITIES board? There is some really good info there on GF eating. I may have some info myself from when we thought DH was going to be GF - I'll see what I can find for you.

Hope you get all your requests at POP!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: