Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2012, 12:57 AM   #31
Ms. Shuttergirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroline NZ View Post
So Andona got me thinking about our Yosemite accomodation and I have found this wonderful vacation home. A bit pricey for 2 nights but what the heck, it sounds amazing in the reviews.
http://www.vrbo.com/341153
That place looks AMAZE-BALLS!!!! Worth every penny for sure. Wow, don't forget lots of photos of that one.

Oct 2009 Disneyland - stayed at Disneyland Hotel
Sept/Oct 2010 WDW - split stay Wilderness Lodge/POP Century - Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2559987

PTR Christmas 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2979947
TR WDW/US/Canada Christmas trip 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3030550
Ms. Shuttergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 01:19 AM   #32
Caroline NZ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Shuttergirl View Post
That place looks AMAZE-BALLS!!!! Worth every penny for sure. Wow, don't forget lots of photos of that one.
I am useless with a camera. But yes we intend to take lots of photos (quantity over quality lol).

I have been reading all about the bears ( and their addiction to the food that humans bring with them) in Yosemite & Sequoia this afternoon.
Hope our rental car doesn't get destroyed by one of them!!
Sep/Oct 2013 - 5 weeks California & surrounds road trip, ending of course in Disneyland
Jan 2015 - First trip to WDW planned!
Caroline NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-26-2012, 02:08 AM   #33
Ms. Shuttergirl
DIS Veteran

Ooooh bears, I think I need to stay here too

Oct 2009 Disneyland - stayed at Disneyland Hotel
Sept/Oct 2010 WDW - split stay Wilderness Lodge/POP Century - Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2559987

PTR Christmas 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2979947
TR WDW/US/Canada Christmas trip 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3030550
Ms. Shuttergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:34 AM   #34
Caroline NZ
DIS Veteran

1 year to go today yay (not that I'm counting or anything like that)

On a more note. I have had at a look at the staff travel prospects this year to LAX, and it's not good. Flights are very full. I will be beside myself with worry this time next year. I have planned 4 days in San Diego at the start of our trip because we have been twice before and it won't be absolutely heartbreaking if we end up missing that part ( as long as we miss no more than that, I don't want to spend the entire trip in Akl trying to get on a flight!)
Sep/Oct 2013 - 5 weeks California & surrounds road trip, ending of course in Disneyland
Old 09-20-2012, 05:20 AM   #35
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroline NZ

On a more note. I have had at a look at the staff travel prospects this year to LAX, and it's not good. Flights are very full. I will be beside myself with worry this time next year. I have planned 4 days in San Diego at the start of our trip because we have been twice before and it won't be absolutely heartbreaking if we end up missing that part ( as long as we miss no more than that, I don't want to spend the entire trip in Akl trying to get on a flight!)
Wow you are organised !! Good luck with the staff fares.. I am sure places will free up and people will cancel though i think it is really smart that your first few days are flexible to allow for changes in circumstances
Old 09-20-2012, 05:35 AM   #36
marvel
DIS Veteran

great planning. looks we are going for month in april and trying to decide on a route for our road trip. Yours looks interesting, we were tossing up with San Fran and driving down the PCH because apparently Yosemite is possibly snowed under in April and dont want to risk having chains etc.

Now looking at your Phoenix route, might be something different.

I havent book anything at all and feel quite inadequate.
marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:44 PM   #37
Mum from oz
DIS Veteran

Congrats on all that planning! I just wanted to say we are huge fans of staying off site. We are planning our 3rd visit to Windsor Hills! Also the place you have booked in Anaheim will be great. We rented the 2 bed condo off Britta in 2011 and she is brilliant! Everything top notch and so convenient.
2013 - Vegas Wedding, Western Caribbean Fantasy Cruise, WDW 1st time onsite!!
Mum from oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:48 PM   #38
marvel
DIS Veteran

How far are these condos from the parks? i am guessing you have to drive
Old 09-20-2012, 06:57 PM   #39
hjd0411
DIS Veteran

Marvel, if you are asking about Windsor Hills in Orlando, they are a drive from the parks. I have stayed twice and will be there for my 3rd stay next month. It is such an easy drive though - the closest park is AK and on a bad day it would take 10 mi s to get there by car.
The longest travel time would be to MK, mainly because you park at the TTC and have to catch the ferry or monorail.
I have nothing to compare it to as I have never stayed on site, but I love the space and "freedom" of staying at Windsor Hills!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

hjd0411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:03 PM   #40
hjd0411
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Caroline, I feel your pain re staff travel..!!! Luckily I don't have to worry about going in school holidays so I can plan for off times. The flight out of Oz these holidays are looking bad for staff travel - are you able to get the kids out of school a few days early to give yourselves a better chance? How many flights a day do you have to LAX? Once again, fortunately I am able to choose BNE, SYD or MEL - there are 4 flights a day to LAX from the east coast. (But I always plan on going in and out of BNE for my own sanity..!!! ;-) )

hjd0411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:14 AM   #41
Caroline NZ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel View Post
How far are these condos from the parks? i am guessing you have to drive
The one we are staying at in Anaheim is 1.8miles from DL. The rental comes with a complimentary Disneyland parking garage pass so we will be driving.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:17 AM   #42
Caroline NZ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjd0411 View Post
Caroline, I feel your pain re staff travel..!!! Luckily I don't have to worry about going in school holidays so I can plan for off times. The flight out of Oz these holidays are looking bad for staff travel - are you able to get the kids out of school a few days early to give yourselves a better chance? How many flights a day do you have to LAX? Once again, fortunately I am able to choose BNE, SYD or MEL - there are 4 flights a day to LAX from the east coast. (But I always plan on going in and out of BNE for my own sanity..!!! ;-) )

We have 2 flights out of Akl per day direct to LAX.
Next year we are leaving 1 week before school holidays, and coming back 1 week after the holidays end. But it appears lots of others have the same idea as it is really busy this year. Qantas pulling has reduced capacity on the AKL/LAX route as well.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:57 AM   #43
marvel
DIS Veteran

YOu have some very interesting places picked out Caroline. We are thinking of doing very similar route to yours.

Sorry, in my earlier post I meant the condos in Anaheim.

Last year at WDW we stayed off site at the Sheraton Vistana and it was incredible, for $160 per night, they are newly renovated huge two bedroom suites, with two bathrooms. I just cant see us every paying $300 or more to stay onsite anymore. So I understand the appeal of Windsor Hills as well.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:24 PM   #44
dabecs
Returning to WDW 2014!

Quote:

We have 2 flights out of Akl per day direct to LAX.
Next year we are leaving 1 week before school holidays, and coming back 1 week after the holidays end. But it appears lots of others have the same idea as it is really busy this year. Qantas pulling has reduced capacity on the AKL/LAX route as well.
I have friends who left a week ago (so a week before school hols) and they waited 2 days for staff travel (qantas) and on the third day they paid for VA flights because there was no availability.

Our first trip to WDW was November 2012 - Trip report at http://www.oztoworld.blogspot.com.au/
dabecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:15 PM   #45
Caroline NZ
DIS Veteran

I have updated the first post for our accomodation. All accomodation is now booked, as is the car hire.
Just have to figure out what to see/do along the way now

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: