Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: The new itinerary shown in the picture...
makes me thrilled. Show me where to sign up! 66 33.33%
makes me upset. I was booked and am jumping ship. So to speak. 10 5.05%
piques my curiousity. I hadn't been interested in the Galveston sailings before, but now am. 57 28.79%
Meh. Just not my cup of tea. 65 32.83%
Voters: 198. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-25-2012, 09:50 AM   #61
dato63
DIS Veteran

I like the itinerary. Right now we are booked to go to WDW for Spring Break 2013, if Disney had offered this 8 night itinerary for our Spring Break I would book it instead. However, our Spring break is scheduled for when DCL is offering the 6 night cruise. With the Wonder here in the fall of 2013 - maybe Spring Break 2014?? :D
Old 08-25-2012, 10:44 AM   #62
jrm11697
Mouseketeer

I was not planning to go to Galveston due to location but i will say this.

I will assume (which i try not to do...we all know what that really means ) that the 8 nt WC was not working so they changed them. It may have helped if they did different itineraries than in the past.

I dont know much about cruising, but just what I think. I'm probably way off though.
jrm11697 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-25-2012, 12:51 PM   #63
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrm11697
I was not planning to go to Galveston due to location but i will say this.

I will assume (which i try not to do...we all know what that really means ) that the 8 nt WC was not working so they changed them. It may have helped if they did different itineraries than in the past.

I dont know much about cruising, but just what I think. I'm probably way off though.
The podcast cruise said it wasn't selling particularly well. So I'd guess your assumption was correct
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 12:59 PM   #64
tajz90
Mama D

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisecrasher

The podcast cruise said it wasn't selling particularly well. So I'd guess your assumption was correct
It's the same route the other cruises out of Galveston are sailing and selling for less. Plus, it's a Disney cruise and it's being offered during the school year. It's a bad time for most that aren't willing to take their kids out of school.
tajz90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 01:01 PM   #65
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me
i cannot wear anything between my toes

i much prefer the new itinerary to the old one!!
you couldn't pay me to go to mexico...and grand cayman isn't very interesting either..
Old 08-25-2012, 01:02 PM   #66
tajz90
Mama D

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyholic family
i much prefer the new itinerary to the old one!!
you couldn't pay me to go to mexico...and grand cayman isn't very interesting either..
I hope the offer the same for the Wonder out of Galveston.
Old 08-25-2012, 01:32 PM   #67
dato63
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajz90 View Post
Same here. Castaway Cay & a day at WDW without airfare is pretty darn appealing to me.
Old 08-25-2012, 01:39 PM   #68
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajz90

Just curious but why the Wonder? Does the ship matter?
Old 08-25-2012, 01:51 PM   #69
tajz90
Mama D

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2sleep

Just curious but why the Wonder? Does the ship matter?
The ship doesn't matter, but I already have 2 booked for next year and won't add another one on the Magic out of Galveston, but if the Wonder is sailing in Spring 2014 from Galveston, there's a strong possibility I will book
Old 08-25-2012, 02:02 PM   #70
Chee Chick
DIS Veteran

Quote:

It's the same route the other cruises out of Galveston are sailing and selling for less. Plus, it's a Disney cruise and it's being offered during the school year. It's a bad time for most that aren't willing to take their kids out of school.
I think DCL was smart to now offer the 4-night cruises. I would never consider taking my kids out of school for a whole week for a cruise, but I would for only a few days. The 6 and 8 night cruises would sale like hot cakes of they were offered in the summer when school is out.

Chee Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:22 PM   #71
tajz90
Mama D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chee Chick

I think DCL was smart to now offer the 4-night cruises. I would never consider taking my kids out of school for a whole week for a cruise, but I would for only a few days. The 6 and 8 night cruises would sale like hot cakes of they were offered in the summer when school is out.
I would think they would sell better. I'm not sure about the rest of the country and not even sure about most of Texas, but the area around me has very strict attendance policies. We might could get away with a couple of nights, but never a week without a doc excuse.
Old 08-25-2012, 03:04 PM   #72
Gina
Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99
The planning is half the fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajz90 View Post
I would think they would sell better. I'm not sure about the rest of the country and not even sure about most of Texas, but the area around me has very strict attendance policies. We might could get away with a couple of nights, but never a week without a doc excuse.

The policies are strict, but they don't even come into play unless your child is absent a lot. I've pulled my DS out for at least a week a year from kindergarten to now, and he's a Junior. Have never heard a negative word about it.

We love vacationing when crowds are less, and I'd never in a million years be able to afford it when it's not off-peak times! The ships still sail full -- there are plenty of kids onboard even when we go, and plenty of people willing to sail then.

Find me on... Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest
Gina (Me - 48) ~ DS (18) ~ DBF (48)
Gina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 03:05 PM   #73
2boogersmom
Earning My Ears

I voted "Makes me thrilled..." but I can't sign up because we leave in 49(!!!) days on the Magic!

Be that as it may...
I would love to do that itenerary, but I must admit, I, too, would be very upset, and very vocal, if I had already put down a deposit on a totally different set of ports. Especially the 4 night B2B to Cozumel!

I really hope they do the same itenerary when the Wonder comes in 2014! I also hope they come for at least a little bit of time during the summer. I am okay with taking the kids out of school ... for now. Once they are in Jr High I may will probably change my mind - just because the increased amount of work.
DS9
2boogersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 03:07 PM   #74
tajz90
Mama D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina

The policies are strict, but they don't even come into play unless your child is absent a lot. I've pulled my DS out for at least a week a year from kindergarten to now, and he's a Junior. Have never heard a negative word about it.

We love vacationing when crowds are less, and I'd never in a million years be able to afford it when it's not off-peak times! The ships still sail full -- there are plenty of kids onboard even when we go, and plenty of people willing to sail then.
That's not the case in our school. Without a doc excuse, it would be unexcused and unexcused equals 0 on all work missed.

And I was just saying what could be one of the reasons... And I would not take my child out for a Disney cruise.
Old 08-25-2012, 05:38 PM   #75
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:

That's not the case in our school. Without a doc excuse, it would be unexcused and unexcused equals 0 on all work missed.

And I was just saying what could be one of the reasons... And I would not take my child out for a Disney cruise.
Being able to take your kid out without penalty (turned over for truancy) is a big perk of private school in my area. The public schools can will and do.
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: