Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: The new itinerary shown in the picture...
makes me thrilled. Show me where to sign up! 66 33.33%
makes me upset. I was booked and am jumping ship. So to speak. 10 5.05%
piques my curiousity. I hadn't been interested in the Galveston sailings before, but now am. 57 28.79%
Meh. Just not my cup of tea. 65 32.83%
Voters: 198. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-21-2012, 07:13 AM   #16
cyclenut
DIS Veteran

I would not do that itinerary. Trying to do WDW while in PC for less than a day is a waste of money IMNSHO. While we do like sea days, there are too many on this one for where you are going and what you are doing.

Past Cruises:
Carnival Ecstacy to Ensenada - Summer 2004
Royal Caribbean Vision of the Seas NB Pacific Coast - April 2007
Disney Wonder to Alaska - August 2011
Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas Western Caribbean - June 2012
Disney Wonder SB Pacific Coast - September 2012
cyclenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:53 AM   #17
believinthemagic
Mouseketeer

Just a question because I am not familiar with back to back cruises. Do u have to get off the ship & reboard? Even if not, would u have 2 bon voyage parties? 2 last night activities? It seems like that would be weird? Never have done it, just wondered.
Many trips as a kid- Ft. WildernessJan 2000- offsiteJan 2001- Treehouse VillasJanuary 2002- PolynesianJanuary 2003 All Star MoviesNovember 2003- Disney Cruise & All Star MoviesFebruary 2005 - Port Orleans FQFebruary 2006 - All Star MoviesJune 2007- All Star MoviesOctober 2008 - Port Orleans FQOctober 2009- Port Orleans FQNovember 2010 - Port Orleans RiversideJanuary 2012- Port Orleans FQJanuary 2013 Cruise on Disney Fantasy
believinthemagic is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-21-2012, 10:36 AM   #18
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by believinthemagic View Post
Just a question because I am not familiar with back to back cruises. Do u have to get off the ship & reboard? Even if not, would u have 2 bon voyage parties? 2 last night activities? It seems like that would be weird? Never have done it, just wondered.
Yes you have to get off an re-board. And yes, of course all the activities are repeated. Remember there are only a few people doing the B2B. Most are just doing one cruise. You don't have to go to the different activities and shows twice.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:24 AM   #19
LyndaC
Mouseketeer

If I was already booked and they changed my 8 night to a back to back 4 night, I'd be really upset, And I'd be upset if I had booked the 8 night specifically because I wanted to visit the original ports.

However, If I could find this cruise on the DCL website right now, I'd give it serious consideration. I'd love to see Key West and that does not seem possible on the larger ships. But I can't find it listed.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:48 AM   #20
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndaC View Post
If I was already booked and they changed my 8 night to a back to back 4 night, I'd be really upset, And I'd be upset if I had booked the 8 night specifically because I wanted to visit the original ports.

However, If I could find this cruise on the DCL website right now, I'd give it serious consideration. I'd love to see Key West and that does not seem possible on the larger ships. But I can't find it listed.
I had to call them up to get this booked as they have all the 2013 8 night cruises unbookable at the moment.
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Upcoming Big Family Reunion Cruise
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:30 PM   #21
MedicGoofy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisecrasher View Post
the new 8 night itinerary for the Spring 2013 Galveston sailings seems to have upset several vocal people, so I was trying to take the overall impression.
Based on this itinerary:

How do you react?

Just out of curiosity, where did you get the port times for this cruise? I got the email with the listing for the new itenerary, which I figure only people affected would get, but it does not have port times with it.

I WAS happy with this cruise, but I think the port times for Key West absolutely suck. It's a winter cruise. And Key West can be cool that early in the morning. My original cruise had us docking by 1230, and departing at 1730. The CM over the phone told me our times for DW and I figured we would have all day at CC but is that time for KW set? Just wondering how you got that?
Old 08-21-2012, 12:34 PM   #22
AquaDame
Are we there yet?

I put that it piques my curiosity because I might book this if I weren't already going on a cruise next year. It is closer to where we live than Florida, and we have not been to Key West yet, so we don't mind stopping there. I DO think that ONE day in WDW is not enough, but it must have been popular/they must have gotten some positive reviews from the NY cruises to want to do it again, right? Otherwise why not choose a different traditional port? Honestly I'd probably try to go to the Kennedy Center or something instead though.... and this is all without having looked at the PRICE too...
Old 08-21-2012, 01:58 PM   #23
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

I wasn't booked, but if I was, I would jump ship for sure.
Old 08-21-2012, 02:06 PM   #24
fatfish
DIS Veteran

I am dancing in the streets over this new itinerary! I live just outside Houston, and this new itinerary is perfect for us.

I was so disappointed when the Galveston cruises came out and they did not include Castaway Cay. I really had no interest in going to Mexico, but booked a cruise because that's where the Magic was going. Now, I'm looking to cancel my Thanksgiving cruise and switch to one of the Spring cruises with this fabulous new itinerary. Yes, to me it is fabulous! Now, not only can I cruise out of my backyard on DCL, I can cruise to CC and Key West, and get a chance to see my dad, who lives outside Orlando.

And yes, I'm one of those people who have been hounding Disney to find a way to include CC in the cruises out of Galveston. I've also been bugging them for shorter cruises. So, y'all can blame all this on me.
March 2009 at SSR Aug 2009 land/sea adventure SSR / DCL

Spring Break 2010 & 2011 at Animal Kingdom Christmas 2011 on the DCL!
2013 birthday cruise on the Disney Magic!

Me dd
fatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 03:32 PM   #25
ukintheus
DIS Veteran

I also love the new 8 night itinerary. We are already doing the 7 night Western from Galveston in October and so it was disappointing to have such a small variation in itinerary through 2013, especially after the change for the Wonder coming next Fall.

Now we are seriously interested in the 8 night. For those of us that are so close to Galveston, it's a huge bonus to have several itineraries to choose from.

Jenny & Scott
2000-POFQ, 2005-FW, 2006-FW, 2008-FW, Feb 2009-CBR/POFQ, Sept 2009-ASM,2010 BWI/WL/AKL/DCL Magic Western, July 2011 BWI/DCL Dream, Nov 2011 FW/AKL, May 2012 GF/DCL Fantasy-Eastern/BWI, Oct 2012 DCL Magic-Western, Feb 2013 DCL Magic-Cozumel, Apr 2013 DCL Magic-CC/WDW/KW, Sept 2013 - DCL Wonder-Bahamas, Dec 2013 - DCL Wonder-NYE-Cozumel, March 2014 - DCL Magic-4 night, Patiently waiting for: Nov 2014-Dream, Nov 2015- DCL Wonder B2B-Western & Bahamas-Galveston, DCL Wonder 2015 NYE Cruise-Bahamas-Galveston
ukintheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 04:41 PM   #26
tajz90
Mama D

I think it's awful that the 8 night cruise was changed to 4 nights. It would make me very upset.

I do love the new Iten. I didn't book out of Galveston because I wasn't interested in WC without Cc. I'd be willing to book now!
tajz90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:26 PM   #27
Ajojo
Mouseketeer

My whole family want to cancel our November cruise out of Galveston and move to this itenerary. They are giving me grief over traveling to Mexico and the safety of it right now
Ajojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:04 PM   #28
super mike b
DIS Veteran

We are seriously thinking about doing this cruise!
super mike b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:21 PM   #29
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicGoofy View Post
Just out of curiosity, where did you get the port times for this cruise? I got the email with the listing for the new itenerary, which I figure only people affected would get, but it does not have port times with it.

I WAS happy with this cruise, but I think the port times for Key West absolutely suck. It's a winter cruise. And Key West can be cool that early in the morning. My original cruise had us docking by 1230, and departing at 1730. The CM over the phone told me our times for DW and I figured we would have all day at CC but is that time for KW set? Just wondering how you got that?

I got these port times in the confirmation email I received when I booked after I found out about these new itineraries yesterday (thank you dis-ers!)
It's a portion of a screenshot of the confirmation.
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Upcoming Big Family Reunion Cruise
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:35 PM   #30
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

I can understand why those who live closer to Galveston than Port Canaveral would like it, but I think it was wrong of DCL to change the itinerary for 2013.

I have a WDW annual pass, so I'd much rather combine a WDW trip with a cruise out of Florida (not necessarily on DCL) than sail out of Galveston.
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: