Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2012, 03:23 PM   #1
Soon2beMrs.
Mouseketeer

Fantasy-bb boutique question

My son will be almost 2 1/2 yr old when we sail on the fantasy. I was interested in the pirates makeover for him. Anyone know the cost of this?
Thanks
Soon2beMrs. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:31 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon2beMrs. View Post
My son will be almost 2 1/2 yr old when we sail on the fantasy. I was interested in the pirates makeover for him. Anyone know the cost of this?
Thanks
From the DCL website:

The Pirates League - First Mate Package
Duration 45 minPrice 34.95 (Ages 3 & Up)Guests are transformed from landlubber to buccaneer—just in time for Pirate Night festivities—with the First Mate Package, which includes a bandana, facial scars tattoos, fake teeth, earring, eye patch, and a cutlass.
Ages: 3 & Up
Available Days: Pirate Party Night only

The Pirates League - Captain's Package
Duration 45 minPrice 99.95 (Ages 3 – 12)Get decked out in pirate garb and get ready for an evening of fun at Pirate Night! The Captain's Package includes your choice of costume, as well as swashbuckling accessories and makeup.
Ages: 3 – 12
Costume Choices: Captain Hook, Jack Sparrow and Boney Pirate
Available Days: Pirate Party Night only

Please note miminum age is 3.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-28-2012, 06:44 PM   #3
texasgirl73
Obsessive Trip Planner

When I went to change my children's BBB appointment I had the misfortune of being behind a mother of a 2 (almost 3 as she repeatedly pointed out) year old girl who couldn't wrap her mind around the 3 and older restriction. The boutique didn't budge but she kept on and on. I think that they eventually came up with a compromise that the girl could purchase a costume and sit in the chair and the mother could put some makeup on her, but the boutique would not put makeup on her or fix her hair. The system wouldn't even let the fairygodmothers make the appt because of the child's age so the compromise appt was made through the manager. I think the mother had to pay but the fairy godmothers weren't going to do anything but let her sit in the chair and tell her she looks pretty.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:28 PM   #4
GatorGal2001
Earning My Ears

Yes... The age is due to the hair accessories put in the hair... They could be considered choking hazards and are designed for children 3 and up.
GatorGal2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:09 AM   #5
VeroBeachGirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl73 View Post
When I went to change my children's BBB appointment I had the misfortune of being behind a mother of a 2 (almost 3 as she repeatedly pointed out) year old girl who couldn't wrap her mind around the 3 and older restriction. The boutique didn't budge but she kept on and on. I think that they eventually came up with a compromise that the girl could purchase a costume and sit in the chair and the mother could put some makeup on her, but the boutique would not put makeup on her or fix her hair. The system wouldn't even let the fairygodmothers make the appt because of the child's age so the compromise appt was made through the manager. I think the mother had to pay but the fairy godmothers weren't going to do anything but let her sit in the chair and tell her she looks pretty.
How irritating! It never ceases to amaze me when people behave like this.
VeroBeachGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:43 AM   #6
CoolHandsGirl
Mouseketeer

The system is definitely tamper-proof. My nephew turned 3 during our cruise and was 3 years 1 day on pirate night. We couldn't book BBB for him online and the concierge actually had to do some special booking on the side that took contacting the ship to get him in the system. It all worked out but there was no way they would have done it if he was too young.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: