Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2012, 12:09 PM   #31
Leasha_Loves_Disney
Please stand clear of the door; Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas (:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
GASP!!! Buffalo???? i seriously live like 30 minutes from there but on the Canadian side do you live in buffalo?
OMG ,I get it I totally get it(about the peanuts) ,although my situation is different than yours......okay so you know the song in Lion King 2"He Lives in you" well that reminds me of my dad,and one day last week my daughter got a surprise bag from the corner store,in it was a plastic lion toy and she showed it to me and I felt a tear gliding down my cheek.It's so weird how things happen like that but i totally get it.thankfully Andy is still very much here and before you know it you'll be re-united and making lots of beautiful memories together hang in there girl ,you got this!!!

YES, I live just about 15 minutes from the city. I went to school in Niagara Falls so I was even closer!!!

Thank you for sharing that story I love hearing about people's lives and the things that are special to them. Your right Andy is still here and surprisingly I have been surviving a lot better than I had originally anticipated. They have me running around like crazy here so it keeps my mind off loneliness and wen I do get to thinking about it I am usually at the apartment and can get ahold of him really easily. Thanks so much for the support and encouragement

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkFans View Post
I have really enjoyed following you on Twitter and of course here on Disboards. I too had applied and was accepted for the CP back around 1998. I changed my mind at the last minute and didn't go and always wonder "what could have been". I'll just live vicariously through people like you who are lucky enough to be there experiencing it.

We will be at WDW 9/5-9/13. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have the chance to meet you .. if you ever find a few minutes in your schedule. I can PM you with my phone number if you think you would want to try and meet up .. I totally understand if you don't .. some random Diser wanting to meet up .. I know you are busy. My 10 year old daughter would no doubt think you are a real live celebrity. Her dream is to someday work at WDW.

Can I just start off by saying THANK YOU SO MUCH for inviting me out with your family and friends. It was amazing to meet you all and I had a wonderful time!!! Also, thanks for following along on here and twitter, it stinks that you weren't able to come down when you were accepted but I promise to keep you filled in a living the dream with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsDis View Post
Oh Alicia. I’m so sorry about leaving Andy, getting on your flight, and having to sit without Ryan. That’s horrible.

It seems like you are having a great time otherwise! It seems like your schedule is kind of crazy but it must be amazing to get up every morning and realizing you are in Disney!

Hang in there!

It was so sad, slowly but surely I have been adjusting. I skype with Andy all the time and sadly I hardly ever see Ryan because we literally work all the time at opposite times lol But over all it is perfect!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda P View Post
Love to read your updates. My dd is a CP too! She has been there a little over 3 weeks. I love to read how things are going with you. Sorta makes me feel like an insider and it also gives me things to ask my Dd. Cant wait to hear more!!

I feel bad that I haven't updated recently. Between work and going to the parks I have been filling my days to the absolute MAX. Trying to take in EVERYTHING. Thanks for reading along though, I hope your daughter is enjoying her program as well!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamajack View Post
I always wanted to go to Disney when I was in college and I am living through you vicariously. (big word) I sent a twitter follow request. Good Luck and keep writing.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I'm glad you are enjoying and I hope to get through these first few boring days so I can just update with park things WAY MORE FUN

Quote:
Originally Posted by 209Disney View Post
Love reading your updates! I hope you have a great time for the next few months on your adventure!

I am having an amazing time, I wish I had more time to update but I am just always on the go!!! I have been having a blast and my roommates and I get along really well so we are always having a good time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantedrosex View Post
I'm am sooo excited/nervous for you! I'm completely excited to read this report! At some point, I wanna do the DCP someday....ugh, I need the TIME! So for now I'll live vicariously through you ;D Ps..totally gonna follow you on instagram!

I hope I can keep you up to date and enjoying!!! I totally recommend doing the program to EVERYONE, one thing that I think is a good idea if you are worried about completing classes and such, wait until the semester after you graduate. I have met a TON of people here who have done the same, you don't have to worry about falling behind and balancing classes and work while you are here, it will really free up a lot of your time. Just a thought, I hope that it works out that you can do the program

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor Princesses View Post
THANK YOU!!! Ahhhh thanks so much for sharing that with me; I honestly thought my dreams were crushed when I read that DCP was with American Universities only. I actually took a ton of time and read everything over and put in an application for it! I know it's super early for next year, but I figured why not!
If anything ever actually comes out of it I'll probably be on here picking your brain for any information I can get. Thank you again for filling me in on that!

Stinks that you had to be smushed between two giant men without anything but your puppy, but I'm happy you were able to make it through! I am honestly so excited for you to be on this adventure! It's going to be a great one.

No problem, I'm glad that I could help!!! As I've said probably million times before I think that this is something everyone should do if they get the chance. It's never too soon in my opinion. Come back all you want even if I don't know the answer I will find out for you. I hope that everything works out so you can come down and participate!!!

Thank you, thank you thank you. So far it has gone a million times up hill since that dreadful plane ride. I can't believe that I have already been here almost a month, time sure does fly!!! Hands down it is the best thing I have ever done though. Thanks for reading a long. I hope you continue to enjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPrice View Post
Following along as well. I just followed you on Instagram and I am loving your pictures!! Can't wait to read more. -Amanda

Thank you for reading along and following I really appreciate your interest!!! Hope you continue to enjoy my adventure
Old 09-09-2012, 12:17 PM   #32
Leasha_Loves_Disney

I am on my Way, I can go the Distance:

SO MUCH EXCITING LIFE NEWS!!! I can’t wait to update you because I don’t know when I will get around to it so I am going to divulge it all RIGHT NOW

October Trip: I am going to have to start out with some really days news… my Poly dreams have been crushed. Blunt right? When I finally got hub access and got around to making the reservation the Poly was completely booked under the CM discount rates (aka the only reason we would be able to stay there). WHEN I FOUND OUT I LITERALLY CRIED IN RYAN’S APARTMENT. But after much deliberation and looking and calling we are officially book at the Grand Floridian. While I am excited it’s still not my Poly. I know that I should be really grateful and happy for this once in a lifetime chance (60% CM in room discount!!!) but I have not given up hope yet. I call the CM hotline everyday to check if there are openings. No luck yet but I refuse to stop until they say “If you promise to stop calling we will give you a Poly room!!!”. In addition I was able to add on the dinning plan for 50% of, life as a cast member is ROUGH. After I found that out I went and changed all of mine and Andy’s ADRs as of right now we have: San Angel (of course!!!), Teppan Edo (after a little convincing), Liberty Tree Tavern, Trails End Dinner Buffets (three words baked potato bar) and Kona (I’ve got to at least visit the Poly). I AM SO EXCITED, being here I am surrounded by Disney food all day but I can’t justify eating it as often as I would like to. I think that’s about it for that trip…

Moving on. WE BOOKED A DISNEY CRUISE!!! My older sister Danielle (some of you may remember her from my first TR) is getting married in September and for her honeymoon is spending some time in Disney and on the Disney Dream as well, she asked us to come along for the cruise part since most of us have never done one. We leave on September 29th of next year for a 4 night Bahamanian Cruise with stops at Port Canaveral, Florida, Nassau, Bahamas, and Castaway Cay. I AM SO EXCITED, mainly for the all the food I can eat part. So it will be the entire family obviously with Adam and Andy, we will also be joined by our grandmother (it’s a birthday celebration for her as well) and Brittany from my YOLO TR so you can look forward to TONS more of our crazy antics and a full TR there as well (:

Other exciting news includes: MY ADR FOR BE OUR GUEST RESTAURANT!!! I woke up SUPER early the day reservations came out and was able to snag an ADR the night after it opens for Me, my roommates and Ryan. We are going to make a day out of it, we all took off and are going play like princesses (dresses and crowns!!!) all day in the MK until our 6:55 reservation.

I think for now that’s all the EXCITING news I have to share. So now we continue on with our TR:

August 14, 2012

When I last left off Ryan and I had just landed in Fort Lauderdale Florida where we had a brief one hour delay. Thank goodness our next gate was directly next to plane we just got off. I was not being late again!!! Ryan was hungry so he went and bought a pizza, at this point I wasn’t into spending money so I skipped lunch. The wait was really quick. I called home and let everyone know we made it to Florida safely and that we would be leaving shortly. I talked to Andy who said he went back to my house to try to get some sleep before he had to go into work that morning and he said he cried just as much as I did, we are such babies. Before we knew it t was time to board the plane.

I was a few people a head of Ryan but I got on and save him a seat. W ended up in the emergency exit window, just like on our First trip down with Andy when he FREAKED OUT. Ahhhhh… Andy ): Anyways I was glad to have Ryan with me this time around. We took off shortly after boarding and this flight was the FASTEST FLIGHT EVER. I kid you not, they came a round right away with drinks then snacks and cleaned up in literally 5 minutes.

By the time we got to the proper altitude to turn our electronics on I listened to 2 and a half songs and we were landing. INSANE, all flights should be like that.

Finally I was on familiar territory. I kind of went into tourist mode. The NOT monorail (or whatever your chosen name is for it)

We made our way to baggage claim and I called the shuttle service that we had hired to pick us up and take us to our hotel, I believe we used Super Shuttle which was only $17 a person for the ride to the Lake Buena Vista Area, if you ever do the collge program and travel by plane and don’t rent a car…USE THEM, they are cheap and really easy to use. You just call them when your flight lands and they will tell you where to go to catch the shuttle and with so many people flying in to do the CP they know exactly where you are headed!!! We got our luggage, which was kind of a pain just because there was so much of it.

We made our way to the pick up space and waited maybe about 5 or 10 minutes for the shuttle to arrive. Another point in travel which I was SO GLAD to have ryan there with me, otherwise I would have been riding this thing all alone… AWAKARD.

We talked with the guy a majority of our ride to the hotel, he was from up north as well and had just moved to Florida about three months prior. Her daughter had done the College Program as well. He was a really nice old man, he also gave us really nice old people candy.

I knew we were in Disney when I saw these

Can I also mention that the heat was a pretty good indication as well… so hot. Air conditioning has become my BEST FRIEND recently. We made it to the hotel and unloaded our caravan of junk then proceeded into the Holiday Inn (Lake Buena Vista) this place was actually REALLY nice, I mean not Disney nice but… well you get the point!!! There was an applebees right off the lobby and a tiki bar by the pool but hey I am getting ahead of myself. Ryan checked us in and then we were off to our room shortly after. I wish I would have taken pictures of the room, sadly I did not I went straight for the bed and passed out after calling home. It was pretty spacious with a mini kitchen and room for an air mattress on floor. Like I said I took a nap, when we woke up I was starving so we headed down to the gift shop area to search for some food.

They had a whole lot of over priced nothing. TOURIST TRAP!!! I looked around for a little while and once again EVERYTHING reminded me of Andy. Firgures. I had to send him a picture of just about everything…

Hey Andy you need this had because you LOVE Aladin!!!

[IMG]http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n627/alicia_ann4/DCP%20TR/IMG_1

Hey Andy, this gift shop has dunk a roos and you were just talking about them last week!!!

Silly little things like that and then I saw my downfall

Tons and tons of Disney t-shirts. My kryptonite

I sent this one to my bestest friend Keirsten

Her favorite is Tink because she basically is Tink, little sassy ball of energy and boy do I mean LITLLE.

We ended up picking up a bag of cheese puffs and some chicken salad. What a good meal after not eating all day…

From there we went to explore a little more. You know you’re in Disney when…

and when all the crane machines look like this

I think I’m gonna like it here!!!

We decided to stroll out to the pool and there were TONS of these little guys hanging around soaking up the sun

Of course, ANDY AGAIN. These things are his favorite. I can’t even count how may times I have sent him a picture of these since I have been here.

The pool was actually beautiful, although I was hesitant to go into the area because I thought I spotted my future/current roommate with her family. I couldn’t exactly tell and although we had talked all the time on line I wasn’t quite ready to introduce myself plus she was enjoying family time. Anyways… the lovely pool

I was so hot Ryan and I decided we would go back to the room to eat and then go swimming, after waiting a full thirty minutes of course!!!

The rest of the day kind of flew by, of course my last day of “normal life”. We sat by the pool and went back to the room to shower and nap until my parents got there. At around 5:30 Ryan’s roommate said that he had arrived and was leaving POP to come visit Ryan. HE WAS NOT HAVING IT, like was not ready to meet this kid, got a terrible case of the nerves. So I told him we should go across the street to chick-fil-a and get dinner with him that way it wasn’t just awkward hanging out in our room when are you going to leave. Right before we left my mother called saying she was almost there but that she would meet us for dinner.

Food was good (no pictures, whoops) and Ryan’s roommate ended up being REALLY nice. He was a ballroom dancer and offered to teach me a little bit more than I already know. They made a plan to meet up at check in the next morning and we were off. I was exhausted, whipped, ready for bed. So when we got back to the room at around 7:00 I was more or less out for the night.

Until I got a message from my roommates saying they wanted to meet up in the lobby and make a plan for the next day. It was around 11:30 and I snuck out trying not to wake anyone up, Ryan wanted to come with me but he was passed out so I let him sleep.

I was the first one in the lobby and slowly everyone started making their way in. We actually all got a long really well right from the start, PHEW!!! I feel like roommates can make or break your experience. My roommates consist of Hattie (my actual roommate) she is 23 and from Illinois, Chelsey who is from California, Morgan from Oregon, Lauren and then Alix who are also both from NY.

We talked for a while and decided that we would meet in the lobby at 4am and all walk over to Vista Way (check in) together. Which meant that I had to wake up at about 3:30, which meant I should have been in bed like 5 hours ago. Luckily I took a nap all day because 3:30 was going to hit me in literally no time…

Tune In Next Time!!!

Last edited by Leasha_Loves_Disney; 09-17-2012 at 09:10 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-11-2012, 09:24 PM   #33
princess_momma
DIS Veteran

Hello!! I just found your regular tr's and this one and I love them! I am also 22 and also a CM. But sadly, not at WDW. I work at my local Disney Store.

I really love your and your fiancee's love story! I love young love, and am so glad you don't listen to anyone! When it's right, it's right!! I love it! Can't wait to hear all about your journey!
Life Is Way Too Short to Take It Slow - Oct 2013 TR

Old 09-11-2012, 09:49 PM   #34
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

AGGGGGHHHHH only 13 days(almost12 now) until i am there!!!!!!
also.....after the pic of the claw machine where you said "I think I'm gonna like it here" i totally sang that out in my best annie in daddywarbucks house...tell me you know what i'm talking about????

Old 09-11-2012, 10:46 PM   #35
leshunlenese
DIS Veteran

can i please join?! I know you are having an amazing time! I did my college program in 2007 and i still miss it and my friends alot but im lucky enough to still be in touch with most of them. I wish i took more advantage of things down there but I see you are already using those CM discounts. I know they gave us a book of discounts outside disney but always ask because not everything is in there. I got a discount at a foot locker and even at a flea market because i just asked!
1989 first visit off site + several family trips as a child | 1997 AS Sp | 2000 8th grade band trip/offsite |2004 ASM| 2007*Walt Disney College Program- Chatham Square*| 2008 AARC congress at WDW | 2009 ASMo|OCT 2010 POP..1st MNSSHP/DS 1st visit and birthday | Dec 10 POLY |May/June 11 POP |AUG 11 marriott village |Dec 2011 graduation celebration @AKV-Jambo | FEB 13 dolphin | May 13 POP |Sept 13 Yacht club | Nov 13 POFQ | May 14 Disney dream | Sept 14 Assp | April 15
ME(28)and DS(4)Sept 13 Disney Video
Sept 13 TR
Sept 2014 PTR

I loved the poly but Jambo house stole my heart! Dec 11 college graduation TR
My 1st TR: Who says you can't take a 1 year old to WDW. Put that boy in a stroller!Oct 2010

Last edited by leshunlenese; 09-12-2012 at 11:20 AM. Reason: i cannot spell
Old 09-12-2012, 10:48 AM   #36
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

I’m so sorry that you can’t get a room at the Poly But a Disney cruise AND Be Our Guest makes up for it right? (:

I’m happy you got to Florida and your hotel safely. Your room sounds very nice there.

Can’t wait to read more!
Old 09-12-2012, 08:23 PM   #37
pirateprincess1976
Mouseketeer

Location: 2 1/2 hour plane ride from the Happiest Place on Earth

That's too bad about the poly but I would be so excited to stay at the grand Floridian. I'd want to look for all the places full house filmed when they were there lol.
Pop Century 2005,2007,2011,2013,2014

Art of Animation 2013
Trip reports: Sept2013 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3186145 May2014 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3279242
Old 09-12-2012, 09:22 PM   #38
Merida
DIS Veteran

I missed that you switched from your PTR to the TR! Oops.

Okay first of all - Dunkaroos! I was just talking about them with my boyfriend as well; I think we agreed that someone had decided they were too unhealthy and stop making them? I'm so glad to see them! Never saw them as a single serving packs.. the vanilla frosting with sprinkles was always the best kind!

I think 60% off the GFlo makes up for missing out on the Poly. What a great deal! I don't think I could ever pay full price there (the decor isn't quite my style) but it's still the Grand Floridian and staying there would be amaaaaazing.

How great that all your roommates are nice. I miss having (girl) roommates; my boyfriend's not quite the same, haha.

PS: I'm going to go follow you on twitter, my handle's @jonquillas
Old 09-14-2012, 06:42 PM   #39
Dreamer7787
Mouseketeer

You know I'm not usually one for getting all emotionally sappy towards you guys (I kind of suck like that), but reading through your TR so far, I wanted to tell you that I am so proud of you for taking the leap and following your dreams. It's something that I wasn't brave enough to do and to see you doing it makes me so happy. I know you're going to take Disney by storm.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:52 PM   #40
Jazzabelle508
Live, Laugh, Love and Disney <3 :)

Can't believe this took me so long to find but i'm in
Pottermore: GoldThorn119 Twitter Page: Jazzyjen508

Old 09-17-2012, 09:04 PM   #41
Leasha_Loves_Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_momma View Post
Hello!! I just found your regular tr's and this one and I love them! I am also 22 and also a CM. But sadly, not at WDW. I work at my local Disney Store.

I really love your and your fiancee's love story! I love young love, and am so glad you don't listen to anyone! When it's right, it's right!! I love it! Can't wait to hear all about your journey!

Thank you!!! I'm so glad you found them and I'm even happier that you like them. I wish I would have had a Disney store in my area that I could work at, I bet that's a lot of fun. A CM is a CM no matter where they are!!!

Thank you so much. I'm really glad you found me!!! Thanks for reading a long, hope you continue to enjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
AGGGGGHHHHH only 13 days(almost12 now) until i am there!!!!!!
also.....after the pic of the claw machine where you said "I think I'm gonna like it here" i totally sang that out in my best annie in daddywarbucks house...tell me you know what i'm talking about????

One week now!!! How exciting

And thank you for getting that reference that's exactly what I was going for!!! So glad you understood it

Quote:
Originally Posted by leshunlenese View Post
can i please join?! I know you are having an amazing time! I did my college program in 2007 and i still miss it and my friends alot but im lucky enough to still be in touch with most of them. I wish i took more advantage of things down there but I see you are already using those CM discounts. I know they gave us a book of discounts outside disney but always ask because not everything is in there. I got a discount at a foot locker and even at a flea market because i just asked!

Yes!!! Haha the more the merrier. If I could have everyone along with me I could. That's so amazing, I hope I am able to make friendships that stick like you have. The CM discounts are my best friend and I am making sure to experience everything I can while I am here. I flash my blue ID everywhere just to be sure!!! haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsDis View Post
I’m so sorry that you can’t get a room at the Poly But a Disney cruise AND Be Our Guest makes up for it right? (:

I’m happy you got to Florida and your hotel safely. Your room sounds very nice there.

Can’t wait to read more!

Totally!!! Always look on the brightside. Andy keeps telling me one day he will take me to the Poly so I can't really complain haha.

It was very nice, not Disney of course but still lovely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirateprincess1976 View Post
That's too bad about the poly but I would be so excited to stay at the grand Floridian. I'd want to look for all the places full house filmed when they were there lol.

When I went to visit it during my first week here that's all I thought about!!! Also when I went to see Indiana Jones at DHS haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merida View Post
I missed that you switched from your PTR to the TR! Oops.

Okay first of all - Dunkaroos! I was just talking about them with my boyfriend as well; I think we agreed that someone had decided they were too unhealthy and stop making them? I'm so glad to see them! Never saw them as a single serving packs.. the vanilla frosting with sprinkles was always the best kind!

I think 60% off the GFlo makes up for missing out on the Poly. What a great deal! I don't think I could ever pay full price there (the decor isn't quite my style) but it's still the Grand Floridian and staying there would be amaaaaazing.

How great that all your roommates are nice. I miss having (girl) roommates; my boyfriend's not quite the same, haha.

PS: I'm going to go follow you on twitter, my handle's @jonquillas

Sorry, I don't think that I ever posted it there. I have been so scatter brained lately!!!

THOSE ONES WERE MY FAVORITE!!! The sprinkles specifically. What a good treat, I would have bought some had they not need so outrageously priced haha. I miss them!!!

I'm the same way, I get the discount so I might as well do it while I can. I feel like I'll never get the opprotunity again. It's not exactly my style but most of my time isn't spent in the room so I think I'll "suffer through"

I was like you, I am not use to having girl roommates. I lived with Andy my last two years of school and before that I had singles in college. It's definitely a new experience!!! It's fun to have girl time every now and then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer7787 View Post
You know I'm not usually one for getting all emotionally sappy towards you guys (I kind of suck like that), but reading through your TR so far, I wanted to tell you that I am so proud of you for taking the leap and following your dreams. It's something that I wasn't brave enough to do and to see you doing it makes me so happy. I know you're going to take Disney by storm.

thanks D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzabelle508 View Post
Can't believe this took me so long to find but i'm in
Yay!!! Thanks for joining in. I am hoping to get into a better updating timeline than I have been. Here's to hoping, I always say that. I hope I can stick to it this time.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:06 PM   #42
Leasha_Loves_Disney

All Talk, No Action

So shortly after my head hit the pillow my alarm was going off. WHAT THE HECK?! I was not ready for this morning…

Basically people who do the DCP are CRAZY about housing. There were people talking about sleeping on the sidewalk at night so they could get first dibs on rooms… Seriously?! Having never been through the process before we decided to head over while the moon was still shinning. Which meant, as I said before that I was walking up at 3:30am. Not as exciting as a Disney vacation so I really was begrudgingly getting out of bed.

I got up and attempted to get ready but Ryan and I had to share the bathroom, he spent more time in there than I did I think. We made our way down to the lobby to meet up with my roommates, his were going to meet him there “eventually”. We waited maybe 10 or 15 minutes for everyone to get there and then we made the trek over to Vista Way (one of the four apartment complexes that the DCP houses participants in).

We weren’t sure how far away it was but it was really only a 5 minute walk, even more reason to stay at the Holiday Inn, you don’t have to drive there because there is literally like NO PARKING.

Here we go… taking the walk to our new future together!!! Haha

Let me just tell you something PEOPLE LIED. They were all talk, when we finally arrived at check in a few short minutes later we were the second group in line. SURE yea right, you really slept on the sidewalk. I guess they all decided that they would rather stay in bed.

The thing about check in day, they don’t even let you in until 8:30 or 9:00 so we had a good deal of sitting to do… I hadn’t eaten anything real in the past day and a half so I was dying. Ryan and I (along with a few random people) decided to head over to Walgreens to see what they had to eat/drink. This is where I ran into my first problem and realization… I live in Disney, merchandise will be everywhere, there goes my money.

Particularly PERRY<3. Shortly there after I found out that half of my roommates have a Perry obsession

Ryan and I picked up a 24 pack of water for $1.99, like what?! The I realized that Florida doesn’t put deposits on their bottles. SO WEIRD.

When we arrived they told us that we couldn’t officially line up until 6:30am or 7am. Shortly before that they led up to the actual sidewalk of the apartments. Vista Way is where they have check in, it was the first of all the Disney housing therefore the oldest.

Let’s just take a few minutes to get a feel for each of the apartment complexes, for anyone interest. First off Vista Way, as I said before it’s the oldest complex that I have heard hasn’t been updated all that recently. Price wise it is the cheapest. I know a bunch of people who live there and I have heard TONS of mixed reviews. It is stereo typed as party central, which is why most people choose to live there. There are always people out and about, meeting others and doing other things… There are a few of other reasons why I personally wouldn’t choose to live there, but it’s a personal preference. I have met people who love it there and say that it’s not as bad as people make it sound. Generally speaking this complex is filled with the people who like to go out every night and meet tons of people. Vista is within walking distance from tons of things. Wendy’s, Chik-Fil-A, Walgreens, Cici’s Pizza and many more things.

The next is Chatham square. The in between, this term everyone was aiming for Chatham because it is the perfect balance or the best of both worlds as Hannah Montana might say. It’s the second cheapest and the ground are beautifully laid out. Tons of greenery and very homey feeling. I can’t say anything for the inside but I have heard people say that these apartments have the biggest rooms you can get. Word on the street is that this will become the new vista in a few terms because the apartments are nicer without being overly expensive.

Patterson, is the quietest of the complexes, literally you will never see anyone unless they are on their way to or from work. On occasion you will see people at the pool but most people here like to keep to themselves. It’s nice a quite and the grounds are just lovely. Being the newest of the complexes they are the most expensive but only by a few dollars. This is where I live and I love it. BUT it is the only complex without it’s own bus stop, if you have a car it’s no big deal and even if you don’t it’s still not terrible. We share a bus stop with Chatham, I was really nervous about this when I first read about it, people were complaining about it non stop. Let me tell you, it’s not bad at all. It’s maybe a five minute walk from my apartment not 20 like people made it sound. I wouldn’t let this bother you too much if you ever looking into doing the DCP.

The fourth complex is the Commons. I can’t speak much for this because it’s exclusively for students doing the International College Program. Generally speaking the ICPs stay here for longer that the regular CPs so they have the nicest apartments (including free washers and dryers in the apartments, everyone else has laundry building and has to pay $1 each load to wash and dry). From what I have seen riding the bus through the apartments are beautiful and have the best landscaping. Like I said I can’t speak much to this topic. I do know that if you are an ICP you have the choice of any of the four complexes you aren’t limited to staying in the commons.

Patterson Court, Chatham Square and The Commons are all within walking distance from one another while Vista is set off on it’s own. From the three you can easily walk to: The outlet mall (with Vera Bradley and a Disney Outlet just to name a few), Publics, Walgreens, Subway, Seven Eleven and a few other things.

Any whooooo. That’s the basic whos who and whats what. If you have any questions feel free to ask!!!

Now back to Vista Way…

We waited until 6:30 and were finally allowed to line up on the side walk near the security hut. This is where we went from being second in line to like 30th. Apparently there were people who had somehow gotten into the complex and parked in there and snuck into line as they called us in.

At around 8:00 they let us into the actual complex. SO CLOSE!!!

They weren’t kidding when they said this would be the longest day ever. My goodness I was starting to get tired and my feet were starting to KILL. At around 8:30 they finally made their way out, kind of like in Willie Wonka when everyone is crowded outside waiting to get a glimpse of someone official looking. They walked us in a neat and orderly fashion to the back of the complex the Vista Club House.

From there they asked anyones family members to step out of line and took them/any luggage to a special tent to keep them safe and entertained until we were done with the check in process.

We formed another line at the club house, I couldn’t believe how long this line was. I was SO glad that I had gotten there as early as we did. Originally we did it just to get the apartment we wanted but I would totally recommend getting there early just so you can get through the line FAST. If you are at the end you might not get done until early evening. This is the LONGEST day you will ever experience.

This was the biggest continuous line I have ever seen!!! At least it was surrounded with Disney signs to cheer it up.

The first stop they will ask you to update all of your contact information and just double check that all of your information is correct. They will do this A LOT on check in day.

From there you get in line and then taken to a table where you will receive a handbook of all the rules and expectations. You will sign your housing agreement and be told about the housing meeting the next morning.

Basically you have to keep your handbook with you for the first week so don’t lose it!!! They will continue to add stickers to it all day. The first sticker will tell you when your housing meeting is.

From there you go to a table where you hand in your housing agreement and tell them if you are wellness (under 21) or non wellness (over 21). The weird thing is they don’t even check to make sure you are telling the truth. They will circle a spot on your handbook and you are off to the next line.

In this line make sure you are standing with people you like!!! They will be your roommates for the next 6 months. That is if they are in your age category, want the same complex and number of rooms as you do. If not you might not meet your roommate until you all get to the apartment.

Luckily I knew what I wanted and knew who I would be with. We gathered together and went to a computer where we told them we would like a 3 bedroom (6 people) in Patterson Court. The woman looked at us and said “oh, I’ll have to look… I’m not sure if we have any left there.” My heart hit the floor, thank goodness she was able to find us a spot after searching for about 30 seconds lol. On the back of your handbook they will write the apartment number and then send you to another line to get your key which they tape in your handbook (see what I mean when I said that handbook will be your best friend?!)

They then show you how much you are paying for your apartment each week and you will sign your contract.

Then you are shuffled into another line to take your housing ID picture, as always this will be the worst picture of your life because you have to show it to EVERYONE you encounter. Ours all turned out really orange and we look like we have flat faces. They print them out right there which is cool.

You leave the club house and from there you can register your car or not if the case may be. You get in another line (surprise) and get another sticker telling you when your bus to casting leaves. You go to a table and they explain the rest of your day. In short lines, signing, questions and so many directions.

Obviously Disney is VERY organized and the process moves along really quickly, well for me anyways there were people who didn’t make it through nearly as quickly because each group takes in about 10 people. Being so close to the front of the line really saved us time!!!

They send you to a line to wait for the bus to casting but first they let you pick a snack!!! Apples, bananas granola bars. They also hand you a reusable shopping bag and some sample laundry soap.

The bus was waiting for us to leave by this time it was about 9:30. Before you get on the bus they will ask you for all your forms of identification just to make sure you have it. This is where Alix got caught up she had forgotten her birth certificate at home and had it overnighted. She ended up not going to casting until WAY after us.

They load you onto a huge bus and then ship you off to casting. They give you some basic Disney triva knowledge and point out everything. If you are anything like me you will keep saying “I already know that!!!” but just enjoying the fact that YOU LIVE IN DISNEY!!!

After a few minutes you pass under the archways of heaven

and they will tell you “DO NOT STOP UNDER THESE SIGNS” apparently even though there are signs everywhere that say no stopping people still do so that they can take pictures.

They drop you off in front of casting which is such an amazing building. Painted argyle (MY FAVORITE) to match Walt Disney’s socks

It’s such a pretty place the guide said that a bunch of people hate it because for the pattern but in my opinion it’s perfect.

You walk through the big giant doors and feel so little and amazing because you are starting the BIGGEST adventure of your life and it al starts out with this amazing little Disney touch

You walk into the lobby and it is just SO PERFECT!!! Cue glowing heavenly music…

This was my first real Disney sight and I basically just started crying. This was it, it was happening, I was in the process of becoming a cast member and all of my childhood friends were there to watch it happen

It is in the lobby where they tell you what park/resort you will be placed in. One by one all my roommates found out. Morgan was going to Animal Kingdom, Chelsey was going to the Contemporary, Hattie was going to Port Orleans, Lauren was going to Global photopass and me..?

I WAS GOING TO MAGIC KINGDOM!!! Does it get any better than that?! I think not!!!

From there they have you go through a legitimate maze of stations. Disney look, finger printing, paychecks/direct deposit basically just paper work on top of paper work. SO MANY STATIONS.

One of them gives you your schdule for the first few days and the other gives you an outline of your costume

After you are done you do a little more and then just a little bit more and they send you on your way. I was trying to be in constant contact with my mother that day. Get the stuff in the car and be ready when I get back!!! It was like the amazing race or something. I had to find Ryan and jump on a bus as fast as possible. Run to the Walgreens and try and find our way to the apartment. Rooms are given out on a first come first serve basis and I didn’t want to get stuck with the smallest one.

We finally found my parents and we were off…

How would the apartment be? Would I get stuck with the small room?!

Tune In Next Time!!!

Last edited by Leasha_Loves_Disney; 09-17-2012 at 10:27 PM.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:09 PM   #43
leshunlenese
DIS Veteran

So i think is is funny becasue chatham was like patterson on my DCP but we did have our parties and they were not crazy like vista. I know cause i spent a few good times over there. I see they have changed a few things. we did everythingat vista. The first stop was room and where you work and we never went to casting. You will make great friends and its one place where you can meet just as many disney crazies as you! I cannot believe you all got up so early! I mean they were saying that in 2007 but i dont think anyone did or maybe they did but not me
1989 first visit off site + several family trips as a child | 1997 AS Sp | 2000 8th grade band trip/offsite |2004 ASM| 2007*Walt Disney College Program- Chatham Square*| 2008 AARC congress at WDW | 2009 ASMo|OCT 2010 POP..1st MNSSHP/DS 1st visit and birthday | Dec 10 POLY |May/June 11 POP |AUG 11 marriott village |Dec 2011 graduation celebration @AKV-Jambo | FEB 13 dolphin | May 13 POP |Sept 13 Yacht club | Nov 13 POFQ | May 14 Disney dream | Sept 14 Assp | April 15
ME(28)and DS(4)Sept 13 Disney Video
Sept 13 TR
Sept 2014 PTR

I loved the poly but Jambo house stole my heart! Dec 11 college graduation TR
My 1st TR: Who says you can't take a 1 year old to WDW. Put that boy in a stroller!Oct 2010
Old 09-17-2012, 11:51 PM   #44
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

AGGGGHHHH omg super exciting!!!!! I love it!!!!

Old 09-18-2012, 11:43 AM   #45
Soarin4Disney
Earning My Ears

Joining in. Love to read behind-the-scenes reports like this. Thanks for sharing this wonderful experience with us. I feel like i'm right there with you. Love Disney!!!!

Our Disney Vacations:

Apr 2010 Offsite
May 2010 POP

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: