Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Swaps
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2012, 08:04 AM   #91
tyniknate
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkbeaton2 View Post
Hey there Tyniknate (Danielle),

Excited for this swap and to be partners with you. So for the first challenge, would you like to have Halloween specific titles, or general fall titles? Is there anything in specific that you would like to see? Looking forward to doing this with you.
Sorry I'm just getting back to you. It was a LONG Labor Day Weekend!

I'm not really picky about titles. We have done both Halloween and Christmas at Disney and my youngest still trick or treats and I have lots of pictures from previous years to scrap. We also have lots of hayride/pumpkin pics and tons of Christmas to be done......so I guess what I'm saying is "anything goes". That should make it easy.

How about you? Anything in particular you would like me to focus on? Do you want your pieces to be just general holiday stuff, or do you want them to be Disney specific? Can you tell me a little about the Disneyland halloween party activities? Name of parade, fireworks, is there a song? I did manage to squeek in a little retail therapy this weekend and picked up some great fall stuff. Now to get crackin!

Last edited by tyniknate; 09-04-2012 at 08:26 AM.
tyniknate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:13 PM   #92
kkbeaton2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyniknate View Post
Sorry I'm just getting back to you. It was a LONG Labor Day Weekend!

I'm not really picky about titles. We have done both Halloween and Christmas at Disney and my youngest still trick or treats and I have lots of pictures from previous years to scrap. We also have lots of hayride/pumpkin pics and tons of Christmas to be done......so I guess what I'm saying is "anything goes". That should make it easy.

How about you? Anything in particular you would like me to focus on? Do you want your pieces to be just general holiday stuff, or do you want them to be Disney specific? Can you tell me a little about the Disneyland halloween party activities? Name of parade, fireworks, is there a song? I did manage to squeek in a little retail therapy this weekend and picked up some great fall stuff. Now to get crackin!
Have you done Disneyland or WDW at Halloween and Christmas time? Have you done the Halloween party at either, or the Christmas party at WDW? I'm excited to get started on these titles for you. I have a couple of new cartridges that will be perfect for this time of year.

As far as for me, we are attending the Disneyland Halloween party again this year. It is called Mickey's Halloween Party. The special fireworks for the party are called Halloween Screams, the special parade is called Mickey's Costume Party Cavalcade, and they have special trick or treat stations as well as photo ops with costumed characters that we do. We also go apple picking every year at a apple tree farm, and we go to a pumpkin patch to get our pumpkins each year. We carve pumpkins each year as well. My kids don't go trick or treating (except at the Disneyland party), but they do dress up for the party. I scrap mostly Disneyland, Disney Cruise or WDW pictures, because that's what we do most! I do have some pictures that I still need to scrap from last year's party with characters. We had pictures with storm troopers; Phineas and Ferb; Captain Hook, Peter Pan and Wendy; and Perry the platypus. Hopefully that helps you out. If you need more info, don't hesitate to ask away.
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2012, 10:15 PM   #93
JohnsonsLoveDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgansmom2000 View Post
Those came out great!
Thanks! I am trying to get ahead so when i am ready to scrap its there.

Trying to get the girls into bed for the night, first day of school tomorrow.

Disneyland Trips, Aug 1987,Aug 2001, May 2004,April 2007, July 2007, July 2008,March 2009, Dec 2010 DisneyWorld Trips April 1992, April 2005,April 2010,Dec 2012
Etsy Id: EJMKDesigns
JohnsonsLoveDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:08 AM   #94
tyniknate
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkbeaton2 View Post
Have you done Disneyland or WDW at Halloween and Christmas time? Have you done the Halloween party at either, or the Christmas party at WDW? I'm excited to get started on these titles for you. I have a couple of new cartridges that will be perfect for this time of year.

As far as for me, we are attending the Disneyland Halloween party again this year. It is called Mickey's Halloween Party. The special fireworks for the party are called Halloween Screams, the special parade is called Mickey's Costume Party Cavalcade, and they have special trick or treat stations as well as photo ops with costumed characters that we do. We also go apple picking every year at a apple tree farm, and we go to a pumpkin patch to get our pumpkins each year. We carve pumpkins each year as well. My kids don't go trick or treating (except at the Disneyland party), but they do dress up for the party. I scrap mostly Disneyland, Disney Cruise or WDW pictures, because that's what we do most! I do have some pictures that I still need to scrap from last year's party with characters. We had pictures with storm troopers; Phineas and Ferb; Captain Hook, Peter Pan and Wendy; and Perry the platypus. Hopefully that helps you out. If you need more info, don't hesitate to ask away.

We have done both the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party and the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party at Disney World. Loved them both. Hallowishes (fireworks) is a favorite of ours, as is the trick or treating and the Boo to You Parade. We also love the different christmas trees/decorations and I have some fantastic pictures of all three boys sitting on the lap of the best santa ever at last years christmas event. Just some ideas.

I, too, basically just scrap Disney Trips. I have one book for each of the boys for their special occasions, but I don't typically scrap everything. I include Christmas and Birthdays and stuff like that. The everyday stuff gets labeled and put into a photo album. If I scrapped everything I would need three extra days in the week just to work on scrapping! They each also have a book for their years and journey in scouting. Maybe someday I will have the time to do more, but for right now that's about all I can get done (and even then I'm having a hard time keeping up )

Last edited by tyniknate; 09-05-2012 at 08:14 AM.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:52 PM   #95
JohnsonsLoveDisney
DIS Veteran

Challenge#2

Let's do 4 banners. 2 fall/Halloween theme 2 winter/Christmas theme.

Also don't forget to work on your altered item.

For our tween players- I'll have a questionnaire ready later today. But let's have them start with something handmade for each girl-whatever they are good at- they can at least start thinking about it. ill pm.details for mailing later also.

Disneyland Trips, Aug 1987,Aug 2001, May 2004,April 2007, July 2007, July 2008,March 2009, Dec 2010 DisneyWorld Trips April 1992, April 2005,April 2010,Dec 2012

Last edited by JohnsonsLoveDisney; 09-07-2012 at 10:22 AM.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:35 AM   #96
tyniknate
DIS Veteran

What's a banner?

Old 09-07-2012, 07:43 AM   #97
morgansmom2000
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsonsLoveDisney View Post
Challenge#2

Let's do 4 banners. 2 fall/Halloween theme 2 winter/Christmas theme.

Also don't forget to work on your altered item.

For our tween players- I'll have a questionnaire ready later today. But let's have them start with something handmade for each girl-whatever they are good at- they can at least start thinking about it. ill pm.details for mailing later also.
Can we make sure that favorite colors are included in the questionnaire?
Old 09-07-2012, 07:54 AM   #98
morgansmom2000
DIS Veteran

Quote:
What's a banner?
Danielle, there are some banners here, from the last swap.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:31 AM   #99
tyniknate
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks. They are really cute and they look like lots of fun to make. One other question. The first six titles were for fall and halloween only? Will we make Christmas ones later or were they just forgotten in the listing?

Old 09-07-2012, 10:17 AM   #100
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

for banners!

Megan is excited to start up the swap!

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:31 AM   #101
JohnsonsLoveDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
What's a banner?
Sorry, i posted from my phone last night to be ahead of the game

Example 1

example 2

Last edited by JohnsonsLoveDisney; 09-07-2012 at 11:09 AM.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:10 AM   #102
JohnsonsLoveDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks. They are really cute and they look like lots of fun to make. One other question. The first six titles were for fall and halloween only? Will we make Christmas ones later or were they just forgotten in the listing?
Yes, There will be some later on... I wanted to do banners- but thought 2 wasnt challenge enough and 4 of 1 type might be too many so I split it up.

Old 09-07-2012, 11:11 AM   #103
JohnsonsLoveDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Can we make sure that favorite colors are included in the questionnaire?
Quote:
Thanks! and yes. I will get that out in just a few. DD#1 nearly missed the bus and DD#2 made sure that she did. so I just got back from taking her to school.

Old 09-07-2012, 11:36 AM   #104
morgansmom2000
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsonsLoveDisney View Post
Thanks! and yes. I will get that out in just a few. DD#1 nearly missed the bus and DD#2 made sure that she did. so I just got back from taking her to school.
Oh no! No rush, just wanted to make sure it was on there, so we know what colors to use in our handmade items (Favorite characters would be helpful too).
Old 09-07-2012, 11:47 AM   #105
JohnsonsLoveDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh no! No rush, just wanted to make sure it was on there, so we know what colors to use in our handmade items (Favorite characters would be helpful too).
Ya. Stinking kids! Its a Friday thing... not a good way to start the day.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: