Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2012, 08:20 PM   #31
jmm476
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeWaffles
We managed to get our hotels switched around, so that means we'll arrive in Orlando on 11/24!
Congrats!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
WDW Commando Member #75

No trip planned right now

My first dining review! Jan 2011
jmm476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:19 PM   #32
ILikeWaffles
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmm476 View Post
Congrats!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Thanks! We're super excited!
ASMO -Feb. 2014

ILikeWaffles is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-17-2012, 12:53 PM   #33
ILikeWaffles
Mouseketeer

One week to go!

I feel like I still have so much to do, but part of that is because I am going on a couple of residency interviews before I leave. I'm dropping Monet (our cat) at my sister's house tomorrow on the way to an interview.
ASMO -Feb. 2014

Old 12-09-2012, 03:16 PM   #34
ILikeWaffles
Mouseketeer

We got back from vacation yesterday evening. I still have to sort through/edit pictures before starting any reviews.

Our vacation and dining plans didn't quite go as planned. Pete came down with a terrible stomach flu while we were at Universal, and being the great husband that he is, he shared with me, so I was sick for part of our time at Disney. Pete recovered relatively quickly, but his appetite took some time to bounce back. It seemed like my sense of taste was a little off for awhile after I started feeling better. We ended up canceling several ADRs during our sick times. With all that said, I'll get a review started in a day or so.
ASMO -Feb. 2014

Old 12-09-2012, 07:23 PM   #35
jasperess
Mouseketeer

Boo, sorry to hear that you guys got sick! Happens sometimes, but sounds like you made the best of it.

Looking forward to your reviews!
Old 12-09-2012, 10:26 PM   #36
princess aleya
DIS Veteran

Sorry to hear you both got sick, I know that couldn't have been fun. Hopefully things got better, can't wait to hear more about it.

princess aleya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:33 PM   #37
accountingbabe08
DIS Veteran

cannot wait to read more
accountingbabe08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:31 PM   #38
ILikeWaffles
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasperess View Post
Boo, sorry to hear that you guys got sick! Happens sometimes, but sounds like you made the best of it.

Looking forward to your reviews!
Pete and I both agreed that despite being sick, it was our best vacation ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess aleya View Post
Sorry to hear you both got sick, I know that couldn't have been fun. Hopefully things got better, can't wait to hear more about it.
Things were great once we got over being sick, but we didn't get to eat at as many places as we planned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by accountingbabe08 View Post
cannot wait to read more
I'm getting ready to get my first review started.
ASMO -Feb. 2014

Old 12-19-2012, 05:51 PM   #39
ILikeWaffles
Mouseketeer

Earl of Sandwich and Goofy's

Pete and I got to Downtown Disney right around lunch time. Pete really wanted to try the Holiday Sandwich at Earl of Sandwich, so that's where we headed. When we got there, the line was out the door, but it moved really quickly. We only waited in line around 15 minutes.

Pete ordered the Caribbean Jerk Chicken sandwich instead of the Holiday sandwich, because he decided that the Holiday sandwich didn't look good in the pictures. He talked the whole drive about having the Holiday sandwich. I may never figure out what goes through his head sometimes.

The Caribbean Jerk Chicken sandwich has grilled chicken, roasted red and banana peppers, and spicy jerk sauce. He really liked it, especially the bread. His only criticism was that he thought it could use more chicken.

I had the Ham and Swiss.

It had roasted ham, aged swiss, and the Earl's mustard sauce. The mustard sauce completely made the sandwich. It was delicious. It probably could have used more cheese, but I'm one of those people that would never say no to more cheese.

We shared a brownie.

I'm the guilty party that ate part of the brownie before taking a picture. It was worth it. The brownie was dense and fudgy. I wasn't that happy about sharing it with Pete, but we decided that we would stop at Goofy's so I could have something else.

I ordered create your own marshmallows dipped in milk chocolate with butterfinger coating and dark chocolate drizzle.

We both really enjoyed this. I couldn't convince Pete to order his own, but that didn't stop him from eating half of mine.
ASMO -Feb. 2014

Old 12-19-2012, 06:08 PM   #40
CaliBear
DIS Veteran

Congratulations! Subscribed.
CaliBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:10 PM   #41
DreamingPink
Disney Veteran

So happy you are back. I am subbing. I was hoping your DH would try the holiday sandwich. Since its been something I am looking to try on my trip. sad that you had to be sick at the world. Can't wait for the rest of your TR.
Old 12-20-2012, 05:23 PM   #42
ILikeWaffles
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBear View Post
Congratulations! Subscribed.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingPink View Post
So happy you are back. I am subbing. I was hoping your DH would try the holiday sandwich. Since its been something I am looking to try on my trip. sad that you had to be sick at the world. Can't wait for the rest of your TR.
I was very surprised when he didn't order the holiday sandwich. I have no idea what he was thinking.
ASMO -Feb. 2014

Old 12-20-2012, 05:51 PM   #43
ILikeWaffles
Mouseketeer

All roads lead to Disney: Roaring Fork

Pete and I stayed off property in Kissimmee that night, because it wasn't worth it to us to pay the Thanksgiving weekend rate at RPR for that night. When it was dinner time, we were planning on finding a restaurant near our hotel. We decided to drive until we found a restaurant we both agreed on. Before that happened, we had driven onto Disney property, so Pete asked if there was a resort that I wanted to see, and we'd just eat there. I had a hard time deciding between Wilderness Lodge and AKL, but I knew that we had ADRs at Boma. I chose Wilderness Lodge, because there was a specific dessert that I really wanted to try (and I wanted to see the Christmas decorations).

We ate at Roaring Fork. Pete said he wasn't that hungry, so he would just split whatever I wanted. I didn't want to share my dessert with him, so I made him get his own.

We split a pepperoni flatbread.

We both thought that it was decent. It could have used more pepperoni, but I would probably order it again if nothing else on the menu appealed to me.

The real reason that Wilderness Lodge won over AKL was the S'mores cupcake.

It's graham cracker cake with chunks of chocolate topped with a whipped marshmallow frosting. It was delicious. It would have been better with a few more chocolate chunks, but I was very happy with it. Pete had to try some even though he had his own dessert, and he liked my cupcake better.

Pete had a brownie with chocolate frosting at the recommendation of the gate security guard.

He liked it, but scraped most of the frosting off. The frosting was very dense and had a very pure cocoa flavor. The brownie itself was very cake like. Pete seemed to like it less after he tried my cupcake, so I gave him more of my cupcake and ate the rest of his brownie. The things you'll do for someone you love.

Next up: Universal eats
ASMO -Feb. 2014

Old 12-21-2012, 10:53 AM   #44
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran

Great start to your reviews!! Believe it or not I stayed at WL during a recent trip and never tried the smores cupcake. I could kick myself now! Sorry to hear that your trip included a stomach bug but glad that it was a great trip despite that! Can't wait to read more!
Tracerr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:38 PM   #45
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

Sorry you got sick! That stinks. We all got sick last trip (colds) but were able to suck it up and enjoy. When we got home 3 of us were in bed for the next 2 days! BUT we made it thru the vacation! Looking forward to more! Thanks
Ro Z is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: