Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2012, 03:02 PM   #16
tinks_1989
need a like button

All I have to say is WOW!!!!!!!
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 03:58 PM   #17
SleepingX3Beauty
Mouseketeer

Aww poor Rosebug! If you don't mind me asking so, what exactly is wrong with her tummy?
Poor thing, I myself have a permanent stomach condition which came up when I was about 16 years old and I know how I struggle with it, I can't imagine how awfull it must be for such a little one to deal with all the tummy aches and way to frequent (and urgent!) toilet visits.
Is there a chance she'll grow out of it?

Loving your tripreport and I hope you both got to enjoy it to the fullest!
SleepingX3Beauty is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-21-2012, 04:37 PM   #18
kizzabel
Eating poisonous apples since '86

Love love love your TR, Rosebug is such a cute little lady. Looking forward to reading more and I love seeing all the magic

Previous Trips:
2010: Santa Fe - March ** Newport - May 2011: Cheyenne - March ** Sequoia Lodge - November 2012: Hotel New York - May - Honeymoon ** Dream Castle - October 2013: Hotel New York - January ** Santa Fe - October 2014: Disneyland Hotel - May

Upcoming Trips:
2014: Disneyland Hotel - November 2015 Kyriad/Cheyenne - March
kizzabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 04:57 PM   #19
RoseBug
I'm a Geordie, we don't own coats and go out in the snow barefoot!

Day 3 - crowds; heat and a much more chilled day!

After another lie in, and another lovely breakfast, we headed to Salon Mickey for a quick drink and we were in the park by 10:30am. This is where we became a bit stuck, as we so hadn't been planning on having such a late breakfast and we had booked Café Mickey for 12pm! The thought of eating less than 2 hours after our breakafast made me feel a bit ill, so hubby popped into City Hall to see if we could change our reservations to the evening, as we had decided we wouldn't be seeing the parade again anyway! However, this wasn't possible as it was fully booked. So we just decided to go, and get something light and eat properly later that evening.

As we now had only had about an hour before our reservation, we walked through Fantasyland and, you guessed it... rode Peter Pan; Snow White and Pinocchio (AGAIN) before wandering down to the Princess Pavillion. Rosebug asked if she could meet Tiana, because it was the only princess she hadn't ever met and is one of her most favourites. When the CM came out, she said there was Aurora or Snow White, so without hesitation Rosebug chose Aurora and we weren't disappointed because she was so lovely, and they chatted a while about dresses, and Aurora asked Rosebug whether she liked her blue or pink dress the best. Rosebug said she liked her blue dress most, but she had a pink one just like her at home, but it was too big for her! Aurora smiled and said she was sure she'd be big enough for it soon, and that she loved Rosebug's Alice dress and was it blue because the fairies had turned it blue? Rosebug loved this and giggled, and said it was blue like Aurora's too!

200733_10151160661112597_205449012_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

Walking through the Castle Rosebug yet again insisted she had to go upstairs to see the spinning wheel. So once more up those magical stairs we climbed...

295202_10151160663262597_263646772_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

On the way back up Main Street we realised the Celebration Train was due to come out again, so we grabbed a good spot and seconds later it came past us, it is very lovely and colourful and Rosebug loved waving at the characters and was very excited to point out Donald to her daddy!

264630_10151160662512597_1352520175_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

It was now time to head up to the Village for our meal at Café Mickey, Rosebug started to complain that she didn't NEED to eat again, because she wanted to go on rides, but we knew as soon as she realised there would be some characters at her meal she would be happy! We arrived just as they were allowing people in and there was a queue without reservations, sadly they were all turned away as it was fully booked, and there were alot of sad children! However, when we left after eating the place was still half empty, I am sure they could have let people in on the condition they were out by a certain time! Anyway, we were given a table near the window, hubby decided actually he was starving and wanted a steak and I didn't want to eat at all so ordered a pepperoni pizza to share with Rosebug (she loves pizzas with circles on! ) Despite her protests at not NEEDING to eat, she wolfed down half of the pizza, and to be fair, it was delicious and hubby said is steak was lovely too!

539480_10151160663667597_1417161728_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

As we were eating the characters came out, we were sat next to a lovely Irish lady and her family, who offered to take some family shots of us with the characters and we did the same for her. First up came Goofy, who danced with Rosebug and gave plenty of high fives:

578697_10151160664067597_1912855117_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

Then came Minnie; followed closely by Pluto, who never fails to make Rosebug roar with laughter:

418710_10151160664312597_1034882813_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

428824_10151160664682597_404581874_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

Then Mickey came out and Rosebug gave him the most wonderful cuddle (slightly jealous mammy! ):

319380_10151160665882597_618301826_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

Then Rosebug started to get a bit tetchy with her tummy and we thought we may have to leave and head back to the hotel. Hubby took her to the bathroom and I settled the bill. She was slightly happier when she came back, but just before Chip and Dale came to our table she started to cry about her tummy. We were just about to leave when Chip and Dale came to see her, and she perked up. They were lovely, gave her a cuddle and we got a group photo, then they were off. As they left she sighed and said "I love those guys!" The expressions she comes out with sometimes makes me giggle!

551684_10151160666132597_923765792_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

We had a lovely time at Café Mickey, but the character interaction is very quick, lovely all the same, but it was a quick hop from one table to another. Although it worked to our advantage today because of Rosebug's tummy. We left thinking we would go back to the hotel and give her some extra movicol, but she got upset when we said we were going back, so we headed into the store next to Café Mickey to buy her a lanyard and some pins, to see how she fared for a wee while before making a decision on what to do. Rosebug chose a Tinkerbell lanyard and I chose a Minnie 20th anniversary pin for her, and hubby chose an Alice pin. We sat her down and gave her the pins, plus some LE ones I had bought for her from home - she was so proud of her new collection:

526063_10151160666742597_1131923939_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

She had seemed abit more cheery now so we headed back to the park, but it was so hot, almost unbearable. We did a few more rides (I'm sure you can guess which ones! ) and I just love how it didn't matter how many times she rode them she was still in awe, all of her favourite rides were the "story" rides - she loves looking at things and taking everything in. My 3 year is already a huge museum geek! Don't know where she gets that from!

We then had a stroll around the other lands, and noticed Rafiki at his meet and greet point. Rosebug is a big Lion King fan, and almost jumped out of her buggy with excitement. The queue was very long so we asked if we could use the priority card, and we were asked to wait next to the drums and it would be our turn next. The CM went up to Rafiki and told him that we were there, and after the next guests met him, he turned with a flourish and opened his arms wide for Rosebug who just ran into them! He spent some time playing with her and then we had a family photo taken, she was so happy to have met him and kept showing us his autograph in her book!

391551_10151160667642597_1680321372_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

Rosebug started to complain about her tummy again, and the heat was bordering on unbearable (you may have noticed I am married to a ginger!) so we decided to head back to NPB and have a swim and a bit of chill out time. We got back to the room, gave Rosebug some Gok (her word for milk since she was a baby, bizarrely) with some magic movicol in, and then headed off for a swim! Rosebug is a real waterbaby, she has been going to classes since she was 8 weeks old and can just about swim now, loves diving in and being a mermaid! More than can be said for her mother, who can sink, and that's about it! I was a little worried about the notice saying that all children MUST wear armbands or floatation devices to be allowed in the pool, as Rosebug doesn't and it isn't encouraged, but it wasn't enforced and we had a fab half hour swimming (indoors for most of it, but we did venture out for a little while) before trotting off, exhausted to our room. We debated getting ready and grabbing a light tea, but Rosebug and I just couldn't muster up the energy, so we played with her Tink playset, watched some TV and hubby had a stroll into the Village to grab us some tea from Earl of Sandwich - finally! I had the meatballs and hubby the jerk chicken! Delicious! Sandwiches are one of my downfalls, I could eat them all day every day, so I really enjoyed this tea!

We then headed back to the park about 7:30pm, missing the parade and spent a few hours doing some rides (no need to ask which ones ), squeezed in Buzz (I was a bit better this time! But only a bit - 120100 or there abouts!) and then headed off to the priority area to get a spot for Fantillusion and Dreams. It was late by then, probably about 9:55pm and the CM initially said only one of us could go in with her. I didn't want us to be seperated as Rosebug's tummy was playing up, so I said to hubby it didn't matter as it would take 2 of us if she had an accident, and as we went to walk away the CM said it was fine, we could both go in, which I was very surprised about, but very grateful. We stood in the centre of the area, as we didn't need to be right at the front for a good view, and had lots of room, making sure we weren't in anybody's way.

426593_10151160669532597_555242667_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

It was here that we saw the saddest behaviour from another guest, as mentioned in my lows. There was a huge family, maybe 9 of them (so I am assuming they had more than one pass, as one member was pregnant, but obviously, as in Rosebug's case, problems aren't always visible) and they were lined up along the fencing. A CM came over and requested that the oldest lady of the group (well she looked like a young grandma, maybe late 40's) stand behind the children in her group so a man who was clearly very poorly (he was in a chair bed, tubes, oxygen etc.) could be pushed up against the railings so he could see ... and she refused. She wasn't English but you could get the gist of what she was saying, that she was there first and whilst she was sorry, she wasn't moving. I was gobsmacked, as was hubby and a few other people around her. She eventually was made to move by the CM, but she then proceeded to smirk about it and gesture that it was her space etc. etc. She edged herself infront of the chairbed and made it very difficult for the family to be near the ill man. I was shocked. Eventually, when the parade and Dreams started the kids were told they could sit on the grass in front of the railings so she moved away from him, but it just made me so sad that people can be so selfish. What an example to set to the kids in her group! However, he got to see everything and seemed to enjoy it, and that's what matters! Rosebug however, fell asleep and was not waking up for anyone! I was a little sad that she missed it, but she had seen it the night before and loved it, so at least she'd seen it once!

426774_10151160669787597_1075725554_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

I was just in awe of Fantiullusion again, and because Rosebug was asleep, so I didn't spend all my time pointing things out to her, I could stand back and just soak up Dreams, and noticed so much more than the night before. It truly is wonderful, and I hope I get to see it again sometime!

As we walked back to the hotel, we got a little sad that this was the last night of our trip, and that we'd have to pack in the morning and check out, but considering how magical our trip had been so far, we were also very excited about what would be in store for us the next day!

We stopped by Earl of Sandwich for some supper and coffee (I had Hawaiian BBQ and it was GOOD!) and admired the night view of NPB as we made our way around the Lake for the final night!

Day 4 - to follow... a magical final day!
Disneyland California July 1998 *Day trip* Disneyland Paris August 2004 *Kyriad* Disneyland Paris February 2007 *Day Trip whilst visiting Paris*Disneyland Paris June 2009 *New York* Disneyland Paris February 2012 *Cheyenne* Disneyland Paris August 2012 *Newport Bay Hotel Admirals Floor* Disneyland Paris February 2014 *The Disneyland Hotel* Disneyland Paris February 2015 *The Disneyland Hotel*

RoseBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:10 PM   #20
RoseBug

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingX3Beauty View Post
Aww poor Rosebug! If you don't mind me asking so, what exactly is wrong with her tummy?
Poor thing, I myself have a permanent stomach condition which came up when I was about 16 years old and I know how I struggle with it, I can't imagine how awfull it must be for such a little one to deal with all the tummy aches and way to frequent (and urgent!) toilet visits.
Is there a chance she'll grow out of it?

Loving your tripreport and I hope you both got to enjoy it to the fullest!
Not at all, it isn't anything serious, nor is it really a tummy problem. She has suffered from chronic constipation since she was baby, but it gets very, very bad and she is on meds to manage it, which can make her have the opposite problem. She gets very sore and very tetchy at times, but mostly it doesn't bother her too much, as I guess tbh, she is used to it as it has always been a problem. She may (hopefully) grow out of it, but the consultant thinks it is unlikely as I was similar as a child and have IBS-C now, so it looks like a hereditary thing, that we will hopefully learn to manage. She has only been treated since the beginning of the year, and was in hospital for a few days to try to get on top of things, so we still haven't got to grips with it all yet. I am thankful it is nothing more serious, I just wish she didn't have to suffer as sometimes it is unbearable for her! But these times are less frequent now, but the opposite is more frequent, but less painful.

We had a wonderful time, and luckily, because of the pass, it didn't take anything away from her trip as we weren't avoiding queues etc.

Disneyland California July 1998 *Day trip* Disneyland Paris August 2004 *Kyriad* Disneyland Paris February 2007 *Day Trip whilst visiting Paris*Disneyland Paris June 2009 *New York* Disneyland Paris February 2012 *Cheyenne* Disneyland Paris August 2012 *Newport Bay Hotel Admirals Floor* Disneyland Paris February 2014 *The Disneyland Hotel* Disneyland Paris February 2015 *The Disneyland Hotel*

Old 08-21-2012, 05:18 PM   #21
tinks_1989
need a like button

Can it really get any better?
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:28 PM   #22
RoseBug

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinks_1989 View Post
Can it really get any better?
Our final day had some pretty wonderful moments for Rosebug, we had such a wonderful time throughout the whole trip, I don't know if I could pick out one particular favourite moment! We can't stop talking about it all. I am off to bed now, my new laptop arrives tomorrow (you should see the relic I am working on now, as my laptop died on Sunday!) so I won't take so long to write our final day!

Thank you for reading my trip report, all of you!

Old 08-22-2012, 05:11 AM   #23
RoseBug

And my lovely new purple laptop has arrived. Once I am all set up and have mastered typing on the smaller keyboard, I shall add day 4!

Old 08-22-2012, 06:27 AM   #24
flic
Earning My Ears

I'm loving your trip report. Looking forward to reading about your final day. I'm very excited as we go in the morning, so reading it makes it even more exciting for me. My dd is loving looking at your photos.
August 2012, Disneyland Paris - Newport Bay (sooo excited)

flic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:35 AM   #25
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

Oooh purple laptop - my DD would be sooo jealous .
How great that Earl of Sandwich was open late enough for guests even after Dreams .
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:52 AM   #26
RoseBug

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLPdaft View Post
Oooh purple laptop - my DD would be sooo jealous .
How great that Earl of Sandwich was open late enough for guests even after Dreams .
It has a great spec too - but I am not going to pretend that I wasn't drawn to the colour!

I was quite surprised at how late it was open, and it was empty too, we got coffee and cakes after Dreams on Wednesday, and then Thursday decided to grab some food too. It was open for take-out only, but people just ignored this despite being told repeatedly by the staff that the sitting area was closed! I just don't understand people sometimes!

Old 08-22-2012, 08:50 AM   #27
figaro2
Mouseketeer

Your tr is amazing! I keep getting emotional at parts haha, cannot wait to take me boys in November (oldest is 3 and the youngest will be 6months when we go) I hope we are as lucky with characters as you were! X
figaro2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:13 AM   #28
RoseBug

Quote:
Originally Posted by figaro2 View Post
Your tr is amazing! I keep getting emotional at parts haha, cannot wait to take me boys in November (oldest is 3 and the youngest will be 6months when we go) I hope we are as lucky with characters as you were! X
Thank you! We only met 7 characters through formal meet and greets, and 4 of those were princesses! The others were met at the Disneyland Hotel, character meals and the odd chance meet in the park. My advice to anyone who wants to meet lots of characters is to do at least one character meal (unfortunately I think Cowboy Cookout will be closed in November, this was the best) and try to pop into the DLH around 9am and 4pm as there are often characters in there. I am sure you will meet lots. We took Rosebug when she was 4 months and she got some lovely interaction, I still remember Chip & Dale playing with her feet during a Studios parade and a CM having to shoo them on!

We were very lucky this trip, with the pass and the character meals. I had booked all the character meals before I knew she could get a pass as it was the only way I knew she would get to meet some characters!

Hope you have a magical time!

xxx

Old 08-22-2012, 10:57 AM   #29
Mummy Minnie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseBug View Post
And my lovely new purple laptop has arrived. Once I am all set up and have mastered typing on the smaller keyboard, I shall add day 4!
Hi just wondered what model you had as my laptop has just died too & fancy a purple one!

Santa Fe Nov 2000
Newport Bay March 2003
Hotel New York Dec 2007
Sequoia Lodge Oct 2011
Disneyland Hotel Nov 2012
Santa Fe Feb 2014 (deal of the century)

WDW October 2015 (hopefully)
Mummy Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:19 AM   #30
figaro2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseBug

Thank you! We only met 7 characters through formal meet and greets, and 4 of those were princesses! The others were met at the Disneyland Hotel, character meals and the odd chance meet in the park. My advice to anyone who wants to meet lots of characters is to do at least one character meal (unfortunately I think Cowboy Cookout will be closed in November, this was the best) and try to pop into the DLH around 9am and 4pm as there are often characters in there. I am sure you will meet lots. We took Rosebug when she was 4 months and she got some lovely interaction, I still remember Chip & Dale playing with her feet during a Studios parade and a CM having to shoo them on!

We were very lucky this trip, with the pass and the character meals. I had booked all the character meals before I knew she could get a pass as it was the only way I knew she would get to meet some characters!

Hope you have a magical time!

xxx
I think I will be stealing the DLH idea and we are planning on a character breakfast, (also think other members of our group are planning to take my boys to cafe Mickey the night me and DH are going to book somewhere fancy for the 2 of us lol) this will be my 10th trip but I've not bothered with any character meet and greets my last few trips (since late teens) we've only met them when they've been wandering around, the only queue I'll be happy to get in will be for buzz (he is my 3yr olds hero lol) x
figaro2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: