DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2012, 06:22 PM   #1
DanenRox
Disney Junkies

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Can I borrow your husband?

We're staying at the BWV 9/19-9/26 and again taking family and friends. My husband must love me because he feeds my Disney addiction at least yearly. As time goes on we're less park-driven and more likely to enjoy resort and surrounding activities. But as I'll be busy with family, I'm hoping your husband might be in need of a golfing buddy. My husband's not a great golfer but he's a lot of fun. He told me to mention he's lucky if he "breaks 100" whatever that means. He hopes to revisit one Disney course and one economically friendly nearby course (we have a car). Whaddya think? Professionals need not respond unless you want to give free lessons! Ha!
Thanks,
Roxane and Dane

P.S. We'll also be in Lake Buena Vista 2/3 - 2/10/13 if those dates jive with anyone! I would give you our Sept 2013 dates too but then you'll realize I'm a tad nuts.

Last edited by DanenRox; 09-01-2012 at 09:10 AM.
DanenRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 07:41 PM   #2
drusba

DIS Veteran

Can't help you with a golfing partner but here is some info he should be aware of. I assume you are a DVC Member. if so be aware that there is a DVC discount at the Disney courses and the discounted price per round, any time of day, for the time you are going is $55 plus tax for any of the four Disney courses. You don't need to buy any annual DVC golf card anymore. He can call, 407-WDW-GOLF, and make tee times now. If he is a single, they will automatically hook him up with others who reserve the same time until they have a foursome. If you don't have a car, Disney provides a cab to and from the resort at no charge.Though you can have some good players, a lot of those who play there are resort guests just like your husband who shoot in the 90s to early 100s.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-19-2012, 08:02 PM   #3
DisneyFF1124
Mouseketeer

Sorry I can't help! It's really nice that you're trying to find a golfing partner for your husband! After reading this, if I were there I would totally play with him! I recently joined DVC and can't wait to play on some of the WDW courses!! I am a new golfer also and had a good chuckle when I read that he mentioned being lucky to break 100 because I definitely know the feeling!! I hope someone takes you up on this!!

DisneyFF1124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 08:29 PM   #4
LauraLea
DIS Veteran

so sorry we will not be there then. Our next trip is 9/3-9. I hope your Dh does not let being a single keep him from playing a round of golf at WDW. My DH has played many rounds of golf as a single. He really has enjoyed meeting the variety of people he has been matched up with at golf courses.

And it is really too bad you are not at WDW in Dec. We'll have our DS with us then and he is a golf pro. He loves giving lessons. He has been playing golf at WDW since he was 10, and he and his dad have met some really interesting people over the years on the WDW courses.

Laura
LauraLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 05:28 AM   #5
Jousey
Dis Dad #694
All I can think of is a pole dancer
Is there a pill for this condition or do I just keep up the cycle of going to Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanenRox View Post
We're staying at the BWV 9/19-9/26 and again taking family and friends. My husband must love me because he feeds my Disney addiction at least yearly. As time goes on we're less park-driven and more likely to enjoy resort and surrounding activities. But as I'll be busy with family, I'm hoping your husband might be in need of a golfing buddy. My husband's not a great golfer but he's a lot of fun. He told me to mention he's lucky if he "breaks 100" whatever that means. He hopes to revisit one Disney course and one economically friendly nearby course (we have a car). Whaddya think? Professionals need not respond unless you want to give free lessons! Ha!
Thanks,
Roxane and Dane
I totaly would but we dont come in till 9/28 and this time it is a whirl wind vacation of only 3 days. I hope he finds someone.

Jousey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:14 AM   #6
emilymad
DIS Veteran

Have you considered getting lessons while at Disney? I had signed my DH up for this but then had to cancel because of the weather. It is a 45-60 minute private lesson going over any aspect of the game you want. There was a DVC discount which made it to be a reasonable price.
emilymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:28 AM   #7
DanenRox
Disney Junkies

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilymad View Post
Have you considered getting lessons while at Disney? I had signed my DH up for this but then had to cancel because of the weather. It is a 45-60 minute private lesson going over any aspect of the game you want. There was a DVC discount which made it to be a reasonable price.
We have. He did. But thank you. Everyone has been very kind and informative. DH would not have a problem showing up as a single and being added to a group, but still hoped we could arrange something with another guy looking for a distraction. Still hopeful!
Old 08-20-2012, 01:45 PM   #8
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanenRox View Post
Thanks,
Roxane and Dane
Gee, if you were going in April, DH might be interested. When we go to WDW, he golfs almost every day. I'd hate to think if he ever had to make a choice-me or golf-which he might choose! But since he almost always signs up as a single, I can tell you that he's met some super people that he's been paired up with at the course. It's interesting to meet new people.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:03 AM   #9
DanenRox
Disney Junkies

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

I always told my husband I wouldn't be able to give him away...I was right!
Old 08-21-2012, 08:35 AM   #10
RachaelA
DIS Veteran

We won't be there until 2 weeks later or I would let you borrow mine! He keeps talking about wanting to golf at Disney, but he never has anyone to golf with!

Aug 2005 1st Trip Offsite-Jan 2008 Pop-June 2009 AKL CL *Disneymoon!*-May 2010 AKL CL *1st Anniversary*-Dec 2010 Pop - October 2012- First birthday trip and first trip home to BLT! - May 2013- AKV- October 2014- BLT *1st and 3rd birthday trip!* UPCOMING: December 2015- BLT
RachaelA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:26 AM   #11
mom of princessx2
DIS Veteran

My DH would do it in a minute but we don't go until 10/6. My DH is golfing 10/7 at LBV and 10/11 at the Magnolia. He goes a couple times every trip but he would prefer to go with someone as well.

ME DH DD9 DD6
mom of princessx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:40 AM   #12
DizBub
Totally Addicted

Looks like the best solution here is for you to take up golf. The best thing about just learning and being new is you get to see ALL of the golf course.
DizBub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:05 PM   #13
loveswdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraLea
so sorry we will not be there then. Our next trip is 9/3-9. I hope your Dh does not let being a single keep him from playing a round of golf at WDW. My DH has played many rounds of golf as a single. He really has enjoyed meeting the variety of people he has been matched up with at golf courses.

And it is really too bad you are not at WDW in Dec. We'll have our DS with us then and he is a golf pro. He loves giving lessons. He has been playing golf at WDW since he was 10, and he and his dad have met some really interesting people over the years on the WDW courses.

Laura
From another Laura, I totally agree. My DH has played several courses at WDW as a single. He's been paired up with folks he liked & a few not so much. He got paired up with a gentleman last trip who he liked so much that they played again together the next morning.

OUR TRIPS March '14-RPR/AKVK Oct '11-BCV Oct '10-HHI June '10 (Star Wars Weekends)-Swan/BWV Feb/March '09-OKW (Spring Training) Oct '08-SSR/POR (Alex's 1st trip) Oct '07-OKW (Our 1st MNSSHP) Dec '06-BCV (Our 1st MVMCP) Oct '05-BCV March '05-OKW/AKL (Spring Training/Jonathan's first trip!) Oct '03-BCV (first trip HOME!) Sept '02-POFQ (first trip for my mom!) Sept '01-Hard Rock Hotel (had to stay there!!) Sept '00-CSR (Millennium celebration) Sept '99-POFQ (honeymoon!) Jan '98 ASMu (first trip--the WDW addiction begins!)
loveswdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:18 PM   #14
DanenRox
Disney Junkies

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

I'm willing to throw in homemade chocolate chip cookies!
Old 08-30-2012, 09:54 PM   #15
Pirate Granny
DIS Veteran

My hubby golfs 4 x while we're there every trip...always a single...and he's been paired with all kinds of great people...I told him he should've kept a journal..he's not there until November, I'm there in OCT for a girls trip to BCV and Halloween Party

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: