Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2012, 04:28 PM   #16
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Hi Piper (and everyone else)!! SO excited that you are doing this PTR, THANK YOU for letting me know! My dream is to go on a cruise one day and a Disney Cruise would be the best! I am excited to read all the fun and live vicariously through you! Love your FE and lanyards!!
blessedmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:30 PM   #17
Piper
DIS Veteran

Judy, it is good to "see" you here. Even though I will be on this cruise, I am looking forward to reading everyone else's thoughts and adventures!
Piper is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-12-2012, 04:46 PM   #18
Belle6000
Mouseketeer

Fish extender

This is the first time we will be participating in the Fish Extender gift exchange. I'm very excited! Making and buying all the gifts was really fun! I can't wait to give them out and my kids will love finding stuff in their pockets, I'm sure. I'll post pics of the gifts that I gave after the cruise, but here's a pic of my FE...

[IMG][/IMG]

I do not sew so I was a little intimidated by this project at first, but I can do amazing things with a tube of E6000 glue!!

The pockets turned out a little small so I put a cute hook at the bottom so bigger stuff can hang off of it. I also added some red and yellow balloons around our name, but this picture was taken before that was done.

I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone's FE's. I know there are lots of creative Disney folks out there!

DL:Sept 2011 Paradise Pier
Disney Magic 7 nt: Sept 2012
Belle6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:52 PM   #19
Piper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle6000 View Post
This is the first time we will be participating in the Fish Extender gift exchange. I'm very excited! Making and buying all the gifts was really fun! I can't wait to give them out and my kids will love finding stuff in their pockets, I'm sure. I'll post pics of the gifts that I gave after the cruise, but here's a pic of my FE...

[IMG][/IMG]

I do not sew so I was a little intimidated by this project at first, but I can do amazing things with a tube of E6000 glue!!

The pockets turned out a little small so I put a cute hook at the bottom so bigger stuff can hang off of it. I also added some red and yellow balloons around our name, but this picture was taken before that was done.

I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone's FE's. I know there are lots of creative Disney folks out there!
Cute FE! I am waiting to post pictures of the gifts I made until after the cruise, also. I leave for Galveston 2 weeks from tomorrow!!! excited!

I love E6000!
Old 09-17-2012, 06:21 AM   #20
Piper
DIS Veteran

It is Monday morning and just 12 days until we sail!! It is only 10 days until I leave for Galveston. I am a little concerned about a few things--that I probably shouldn't worry about! My ECV is only 6 months old. I had my old one for 5 years and it was super simple to take apart. The batteries were self-contained..you just lifted up the container and that was it. The new one has to have the batteries disconnected to be taken apart. This worries me a little. I am afraid, I won't get it back together correctly!! And I can't walk more than 20-30 feet or stand comfortably for more than 3 or 4 minutes without a lot of "discomfort" as the doctors say. It is also a little heavier than the old one.

I am probably worrying about nothing and it will be fine. I am also a little worried that the hotel (The San Luis Resort) won't really have accessible transportation. They say they do, but I've encountered this before. When push comes to shove, they don't really have a way to load the ECV. I am staying there because that is where my sister and BIL's convention is. Worse case scenario is that we have to disassemble the ECV to load it (but since we have to do that to get it to Galveston, I should know what I am doing by then---right?)

On a happier note......I have set aside the clothes that I am going to wear on one side of my closet and gathered some of the "stuff" I am taking in my sewing room. The FE gifts are ready and a few "extras" for some of the children of people who joined our cruise thread late is ready. I didn't sew for them, but I do have some "Disney" stuff.

The closer it gets, the more I am looking forward to this!
Old 09-18-2012, 10:59 PM   #21
dryvithome
Mouseketeer

Going to join in and listen (read) all the updates. We're scheduled for the first December cruise out of Galveston, so we're definitely looking forward to the reviews! We haven't quite decided what to book for excursions, but have a 2 and 4 year old going with us, so may skip out on most things. Looking forward to reading more as time goes. Hope you all have a great inaugural Galveston cruise!
dryvithome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:54 AM   #22
Piper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dryvithome View Post
Going to join in and listen (read) all the updates. We're scheduled for the first December cruise out of Galveston, so we're definitely looking forward to the reviews! We haven't quite decided what to book for excursions, but have a 2 and 4 year old going with us, so may skip out on most things. Looking forward to reading more as time goes. Hope you all have a great inaugural Galveston cruise!
Welcome to the thread! I am sure we can answer some of your questions. We'll know more in a little over a week!
Old 09-20-2012, 06:39 AM   #23
Piper
DIS Veteran

We are in single digits---9 days!!!
Old 09-23-2012, 11:49 AM   #24
luvugoofy
Saving daily to feed the Mouse

Please scan and post your Navigators when you return. We are on the 11/17 Thanksgiving cruise and are beyond ready to finalize our plans.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:37 AM   #25
ukintheus
DIS Veteran

Just popping in to say Bon Voyage and have a wonderful trip!!

I'll be watching you leave on the port cam - wish I could talk DH into driving back down there again tomorrow , but that would probably be pushing my luck.

Can't wait to hear about it when you get back.

Jenny & Scott
2000-POFQ, 2005-FW, 2006-FW, 2008-FW, Feb 2009-CBR/POFQ, Sept 2009-ASM,2010 BWI/WL/AKL/DCL Magic Western, July 2011 BWI/DCL Dream, Nov 2011 FW/AKL, May 2012 GF/DCL Fantasy-Eastern/BWI, Oct 2012 DCL Magic-Western, Feb 2013 DCL Magic-Cozumel, Apr 2013 DCL Magic-CC/WDW/KW, Sept 2013 - DCL Wonder-Bahamas, Dec 2013 - DCL Wonder-NYE-Cozumel, March 2014 - DCL Magic-4 night, Patiently waiting for: Nov 2014-Dream, Nov 2015- DCL Wonder B2B-Western & Bahamas-Galveston, DCL Wonder 2015 NYE Cruise-Bahamas-Galveston
ukintheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:33 AM   #26
Staceykins
Earning My Ears

Just popping in to say bye. We set sail today! I just woke up and I am letting my DH and DD sleep in a little longer.

I would DEFINITELY recommend The Hilton on Galveston Island! It is a beautiful hotel, our room is great, and they have shuttle service to the port, so we can leave our car here during the trip.

Anyway, like I said, just dropping by!

Old 10-06-2012, 08:26 PM   #27
Belle6000
Mouseketeer

Got back today. The cruise was awesome!! I'm going to be blogging about it this week so I'll post the links on this thread. I don't know why but we didn't have the Golden Mickeys on this cruise. But we got to see the premiere of Frankenweenie. I have menus and personal navigators so if anyone has any specific questions just ask and I'll try to answer them.

Old 10-06-2012, 09:12 PM   #28
ukintheus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle6000 View Post
Got back today. The cruise was awesome!! I'm going to be blogging about it this week so I'll post the links on this thread. I don't know why but we didn't have the Golden Mickeys on this cruise. But we got to see the premiere of Frankenweenie. I have menus and personal navigators so if anyone has any specific questions just ask and I'll try to answer them.
If you have anything from embarkation last week (with the other cruise ship in port) that was noteworthy, I'd love to hear it.

I'd love to see menus if you have time to post them, but understand it takes a while, and we are leaving next Sat (13th).

Looking forward to catching your blogs as you post them, and glad to hear that your cruise was awesome!!!

Jenny & Scott
2000-POFQ, 2005-FW, 2006-FW, 2008-FW, Feb 2009-CBR/POFQ, Sept 2009-ASM,2010 BWI/WL/AKL/DCL Magic Western, July 2011 BWI/DCL Dream, Nov 2011 FW/AKL, May 2012 GF/DCL Fantasy-Eastern/BWI, Oct 2012 DCL Magic-Western, Feb 2013 DCL Magic-Cozumel, Apr 2013 DCL Magic-CC/WDW/KW, Sept 2013 - DCL Wonder-Bahamas, Dec 2013 - DCL Wonder-NYE-Cozumel, March 2014 - DCL Magic-4 night, Patiently waiting for: Nov 2014-Dream, Nov 2015- DCL Wonder B2B-Western & Bahamas-Galveston, DCL Wonder 2015 NYE Cruise-Bahamas-Galveston
ukintheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:50 AM   #29
Belle6000
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukintheus View Post
If you have anything from embarkation last week (with the other cruise ship in port) that was noteworthy, I'd love to hear it.

I'd love to see menus if you have time to post them, but understand it takes a while, and we are leaving next Sat (13th).

Looking forward to catching your blogs as you post them, and glad to hear that your cruise was awesome!!!
Emarkation was a lot different than in Florida. Galveston is not nearly as organized or nice. It was raining when we arrived and it was a bit of a mad house. We had an 11:00 am check in time. We got there about 10:45 and had to wait in a line outside the doors until 11:00. Once we got in and Disney took over it was a breeze though. Check in was fast. We got our personal navigators right there in the terminal. They have an area to get your kids' Mickey bands in the port too. We did that then so we didn't have to do it on the ship. They had an area with Characters there too. We met Mickey with virtually no line. I heard Minnie came out after him. We boarded about 12:00 I think...it wasn't long at all.

Our cruise was not full...I think about 2400 were on board. We heard that the one that boarded right after us was completely booked though. The next one...on the 13th I don't think was full though.

Hope some of this is helpful. I'm still unpacking so I don't have things scanned in yet....going to be working on all that this week!

Old 10-07-2012, 10:57 AM   #30
Piper
DIS Veteran

As others have posted, we're back! I really enjoyed the FE gifts.....so many great gifts! I fell at the hotel, the Thursday before we sailed and it exacerbated my dizzy spells and some other difficulties, so it may be a little while before I post again. I don't have a lot of pictures. I intended to keep my camera in my ECV basket, but the servers took it and parked it at each meal and I was afraid it would go missing. I do have some that I will post that I took the first day. I will post them soon.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: