Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2012, 01:03 PM   #286
Aurynn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCWDWMEMBER View Post
I am going to check and see if we can order the Kwatta online for us. I can't remember what brand we used when I was little but am so glad we can get it in the US now.
I hope you can. I really like it. Mmm. Salivating just by thinking about it. Hehe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
[B][FONT="Verdana"][COLOR="Red"]

I love your new haircut/colour. It looks so lovely on you.

I love Phantom Manor. My brother's not so keen unfortunately so I don't get a ride on it every time we go to DLRP.

Your dad's stroller accident sounds painful. Mum has a replacement knee since June and it's still a pain in the knee so far. (yes, I love silly puns).

I'm glad I made it back on the boards to follow your TR. Happy holidays!
Aurynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:12 PM   #287
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

petals is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-27-2012, 11:06 AM   #288
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post

After our exploration of the castle, it was time to head over to Peter Pan. Now, be ready. T
I completely read this as "exploitation" and not "exPLORation"! I thought "Now what and how did they exploit that castle!! I immediatley went back and re-read it correctly but I really could see you guys expoiting it somehow!!! JK

I loved the iasw!! I am so happy you went ahead and posted the extra pictures!! And the Haunted Mansion sounds interesting but in a good way! Finally, sorry your dad got ran over by the stroller. Obviously some things know no country boundaries!!

TinksThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:42 PM   #289
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

I love how Pinocchio is all sweet and cute on the outside...pretty adorable actually and then all scary and sinister inside...(hmmm I'm not sure what that says about me...) It's kind of like the switch and bait you get to a lesser extent with Splash Mountain... especially in Florida... you know all cute and sweet and musical... until you reach those cackling vultures before you go up that hill and down the falls...(I have a very conflicted relationship with SM)

Anyhow...Fox and Hound...

I hope your Dad feels better in your subsequent updates... strollers can be very violent ... you should have to be licensed...

A drunk, French version of Stacey... boggles the mind...
PracPerfPatricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 05:47 AM   #290
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

I got run over by a stroller in Germany once. They can't drive strollers either. The worst of it was that I had jumped back on the curb to get out of their way, and then got yelled at in German for being in the way. Your dad and I can form a Stroller Survivors club.
Pinocchio is a fun ride! I'm glad you did the Haunted Manor again, that thing is so awesome. And lunch looks yummy!
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:05 AM   #291
MazdaUK
Curse this time difference!
You show me yours I'll show you mine!
Now I just want to go home and spread my bits of paper about

If anyone from the US is combining a trip to DLP with a visit to the UK, just to let you know you can change currency commission free at the Post office, and they generally have a very good rate (better than the Bureau de Changes) so you could wait and change your money here (or get extra) - just so you know! (Some central London shops and some in the airports do take Euros as well, but plan to use ££ in the UK for safety.)

Still loving your report! And its confirmed I was definitely too frugal in DLRP - not like me at all
DLP Disney Hotel New York May 2003
Disneyland - 2 days visit while staying at Sheraton Anaheim on honeymoon September 1990
MazdaUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:40 PM   #292
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

To hoping 2013 is a wonderful year and brings many more magical moments (and Disney trips)!

PlutosRHM55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:10 PM   #293
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Hi guys!

I wanted to come and let you guys know that I am so sorry I've been gone for a while. I don't know exactly when I'm going to get back on to start updating, but rest assured I absolutely will.

I was in a car accident on December 26th. Those of you who are Facebook friends with me likely saw.

I'm okay. I had whiplash and some minor injuries. The hardest part has been my knee. It jammed into the door and dashboard upon impact. It's slowly getting better, but it's been difficult losing this momentum at the gym.

The accident was not my fault, but there has been significant damage to my poor brand new car. I bought this car in September. It's a sad state of affairs. His insurance company is covering everything, but so far there is over $10,000 of estimated damage.

On top of this happening to me, my grandma has been deteriorating and has finally settled on hospice care. It's been a struggle so far, but she's hanging in there. Any thoughts or prayers would be appreciated.

We're hanging in there, but with everything and work included, I just have not had the energy to keep up with my TR's and haven't been able to keep up on the DIS in general. I'll be back though I promise! Just hang in there friends! I appreciate all of your support.
IheartDDuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:35 PM   #295
zanzibar138
DIS Veteran

Glad you're mostly ok after your accident, hopefully your knee makes a quick recovery from here. And I hope your car gets sorted out nice and quick too.

Sorry to hear about your grandma. I'll be thinking of her and your family

TRIPS TAKEN
March 2011 DLR Engagement (HoJo & Peacock Suites) TR - March 2012 HKDL Honeymoon (HKDL Hotel) TR - Feb 2013 DLP (Hotel l'Elysee) & HKDL (Hollywood Hotel) TR - Aug/Sep 2014 DLR Half Marathon Weekend (DI&S & Portofino) TR

TRIPS IN PLANNING
Sep 2015 DLR Half Marathon Weekend PTR - 2015 Shanghai Disneyland Opening Day PTR
zanzibar138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:23 AM   #296
Aussie Wendy
DIS Veteran

So sorry-such an awful thing to happen just after Xmas. Glad you are OK though despite the ongoing knee etc and car. It could always have been worse. Sorry about your grandma too-always sad when this has to happen. Thinking of you all.
TR Exploration Europe

Me DH DD:

Aussie Wendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:10 AM   #297
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Thinking of you Danielle. Take your time.
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:21 PM   #298
AvasMommy526
Mouseketeer

Thoughts and prayers for you and your grandma! Stay positive!

AvasMommy526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:59 PM   #299
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Hope you ok. Sending prayers and pixie dust for your Grandma
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:08 AM   #300
MazdaUK
Curse this time difference!
You show me yours I'll show you mine!
Now I just want to go home and spread my bits of paper about

Hope your knee is on the mend! Have you tried to find an exercise class (or DVD) with chair-based exercises? Rosemary Conley does one (or it might be part of a longer one) and it will keep you in the loop.

Sorry to hear about your grandma. My grandad ended his days in a hospice and actually had a far more peaceful time than my poor father who was adamant he wanted to stay in his own home (he was only 56). The quality of the care is so good, and managing the pain is better when there are professionals on hand every minute.

P&PD to you and your family at this difficult time.
DLP Disney Hotel New York May 2003
Disneyland - 2 days visit while staying at Sheraton Anaheim on honeymoon September 1990
MazdaUK is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: