Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2012, 11:36 AM   #271
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCWDWMEMBER View Post
Yeah I am in I want to play the "spot the goober" game too.
Hahaha. It's going to be so much fun!
IheartDDuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:00 AM   #272
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

That Bride is.........Scary!

Sunday July 1, 2012

We had just completed our Happiest Cruise on Earth on It's a Small World, so it was off to explore more in Fantasyland.

We headed over to Pinocchio, which I was excited for. WDW goers will know that it's not in Fantasyland there, but it is in Fantasyland in Disneyland. I like it a lot.

It's basically identical to the one in Disneyland, but for those of you who aren't familiar, here are some pictures. Sorry if some of them are a wee bit blurry.

I think that turning naughty children into donkeys is an appropriate punishment. I mean, they already act like them, so it would be apropos, right?

I also took a few more shopping pictures.

Is anyone else with me that the Fox and the Hound is a seriously overlooked film? I mean, no one knows who Todd and Copper are anymore. This movie was such a major part of my childhood. I just want kids today to enjoy the classics the way that we do. But they're getting pulled in by the glitz and the glamour of everything else. It's a shame.

I wanted to go on Phantom Manor again before lunch. We had gone to check out the line for Big Thunder Mountain, but it was really long. It wasn't that hugely important to me, I was more concerned with the different rides.

Obviously we had checked out the line, because here's the Frontierland entrance.

Ah yes. Back to my home at Phantom Manor.

I went carazy taking pictures this time out. A lot of them are way too dark, so I'll weed those out, but as for the rest.....Enjoy!

New definition to Corpse Bride...

Can you spot the goober?

The moral of this story? That bride is INSANE!!!!

For those who are curious...

******SPOILER ALERT!!! IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW, AVERT THINE EYES!******

In this incarnation of the Haunted Mansion, the emphasis is full blown on the bride. So after you descend out of the house, it's not into the traditional graveyard scene. You actually descend underground because the bride killed herself. She's so torn up about everything, that she actually throws herself from the house. It's really cool. A little bit more morbid, but hey....what can you do right?

Two thumbs up here. For real.

After that, it was time for us to have some lunch. We headed up to Main Street, because there was a quick service location we wanted to try. I can't remember the name of it, I'm sorry. In all my copious notes, I copiously forgot to add that one.

So we're heading up Main Street and bam!

My Dad is part of a stroller accident. I swear to god, he had skid marks up the back of his leg from it. It was a pretty major deal. Now, the person who ran him over was extremely apologetic, and my Dad just walked it off.

Moral of this story? People can't drive strollers in Paris either.

We made it to our location and we decided on Bruschetta and Croque Monsieur. I love Croque Monsieur, and I am officially stoked that it's on the CS menu at the Be Our Guest Restaurant in WDW.

Bruschetta

Croque Monsieur

If you're not familiar, croque monsieur is a toasted ham and cheese sandwich, but what makes is amazing is the fact that they put the cheese on the outside too. Oh dear, so so good. Mom and I split our stuff so we could have some of each.

While we were eating, Mom noticed that Dad seemed to be in pain. It appears that his stroller collision caused him more injury that we originally thought. Remember too, my Dad has a replacement knee, so this gives him pause sometimes. I recommended we go back so he could relax. We had basically accomplished what we wanted to in the park anyway. I got to see all I hadn't seen before (yay for 2 hours of EMH in the morning). The parks here are a little on the small side, so it's very easy to get a lot done in a short span of time.

He protested at first, but I reminded Dad that there are only two parks, not four, and we still had almost two weeks left on this trip with a lot of walking. We needed to assess the damage immediately.

We did make a stop at the store on Main Street on the way back to the hotel to do some shopping.

What did we buy? I'm so glad you asked!!!!

Oh, and apparently I took this picture in case anyone was curious what Euros looked like. Hahahahaha. I'm such a dork.

And just for an added bonus.....here is the French version of Stacy. Drunk. I'm not kidding.....drunk.

Up Next: Winner winner, chicken dinner.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-16-2012, 11:53 AM   #273
MEK
DIS Veteran

Your poor dad being the brunt of a stroller accident. I hope he recovers quickly. Ouch. Freakin' strollers. Its so good I waited till my kids were out of strollers before I descended on the world. If not, there would have been more injuries, for sure.

Phantom Manor looks really cool even though the story line is a bit morbid. Loves the pics. Looks like a lot of them turned out. Score.

Lunch looks super yummy. O.M.G. Grilled cheese and ham with cheese on top. Wow! That's what I'm talking about.

Fun update!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 04:32 PM   #274
katt789
DIS Veteran

Look! I made it over here too! Hahaha
I want to go to DLRP SO BAD. The castle looks so amazing, and the rides look/sound so awesome!!

AH BOG, EAT THERE NOW, I've heard the....your favorite sandwich....is the best!!

Stroller incidents are never fun, like, they suck, no one can seem to maneuver through a crowd well, hopefully they'll learn one day!
katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:28 PM   #275
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

OMG, the Copper and Todd stuffed animals. SO CUTE!!!

Oh, yes. I totally agree with you on the Fox and the Hound, and other movies like that. Even movies like Robin Hood and Aristocats don't seem to get enough love.

That stroller situation doesn't sound fun. Your poor dad. At least the person apologized. I was worried you would say they didn't seem to notice what they'd done or something. Too bad he was in pain, though.
marDgreen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:50 PM   #276
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

I love Copper and Todd I got them for a graduation present

Luv the update.
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:04 PM   #277
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Your poor dad being the brunt of a stroller accident. I hope he recovers quickly. Ouch. Freakin' strollers. Its so good I waited till my kids were out of strollers before I descended on the world. If not, there would have been more injuries, for sure.

Phantom Manor looks really cool even though the story line is a bit morbid. Loves the pics. Looks like a lot of them turned out. Score.

Lunch looks super yummy. O.M.G. Grilled cheese and ham with cheese on top. Wow! That's what I'm talking about.

Fun update!
I felt so bad for him being run over by that stroller. And I mean, it's no joke, it was rough. He got hit bad. I am completely down the middle with the whole stroller thing, because I've gone without them and with them. I think there are stupid stroller drivers and also stupid pedestrians.

Phantom Manor is really great. I was sad when I was looking through the pictures because a lot of them were just too dark. You guys would have no idea what I was posting a picture of. Hahaha.

Dude....for reals. Grilled ham and cheese with cheese on top. And they will be serving it at the Be Our Guest Restaurant for lunch! Get there if you want one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
Look! I made it over here too! Hahaha
I want to go to DLRP SO BAD. The castle looks so amazing, and the rides look/sound so awesome!!

AH BOG, EAT THERE NOW, I've heard the....your favorite sandwich....is the best!!

Stroller incidents are never fun, like, they suck, no one can seem to maneuver through a crowd well, hopefully they'll learn one day!
You definitely have to get yourself to Disneyland Paris at some point, you would LOVE IT!

That's exactly what I wanted to eat when Jeni and I were planning on going there! But the line was so long and I seriously felt like I was going to eat my arm. I couldn't have held out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
OMG, the Copper and Todd stuffed animals. SO CUTE!!!

Oh, yes. I totally agree with you on the Fox and the Hound, and other movies like that. Even movies like Robin Hood and Aristocats don't seem to get enough love.

That stroller situation doesn't sound fun. Your poor dad. At least the person apologized. I was worried you would say they didn't seem to notice what they'd done or something. Too bad he was in pain, though.
They're adorable, aren't they!? I seriously almost had a heart attack when I saw they were there. I freaked out. And of course they said that they were a Disneyland Paris exclusive.

None of those movies get enough love. My childhood was full of those movies. I'm so glad that it was too.

The person who hit my Dad with the stroller was very polite, and that definitely made it a lot better to handle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
I love Copper and Todd I got them for a graduation present

Luv the update.
That's awesome! I loved them, I just had to resist, because if I didn't, I would come home with so many plushies it's not even funny.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:24 PM   #278
DVCWDWMEMBER
Mouseketeer

I totally forgot about the stroller incident. Dad was in some pain for sure and I was glad that he listened to us and went back to the room to get rest.
6/85 Offsite:12/86 DI: 8/88, 1/98, 5/00 DLR- Offsite:12/91 CR: 11/93 FWC: 1/99 POFQ: 9/99 CSR:01/02 CB/PR: 01/03 BCV: 12/03 DCL/BCV:10/04, 10/08 SSR: 05/05 PR: 01/06 WL: 05/06 GC-DLR: 11/06 POFQ: 02/07 DLH-DLR:11/07 BWV/POR: 05/08 OKW/VB: 05/09 AK/VB:10/09 GF:09/10 Disneyland Paris :11/10 POP: 07/11 BLT: 9/11 OKW: 6/12 Disneyland Paris : 7/13 WL,SSR-THV,AK :1/14 SSR:5/14 BC :11/14 GF

DVCWDWMEMBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:22 AM   #279
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

1. I want to watch drunk Stacy

2. Love the shopping pics

3. I swear this is getting silly. I LOVE the fox and the hound! I freaked when DH said he hasn't seen it, and made him watch immediately. He still makes fun of me because I describe the movie as "a heartbreaking tale of friendship". Maddie loves the movie, and she and always say "I'm a hound dog!" When our beagle Cooper howls.

4. We were destined to be amigos.
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:41 AM   #280
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

Haha!! Drunk Stacy! I love it!

Phantom Manor looks so awesome! Love how morbid they made it. They could never do that in the US. We're far too sensitive - or so everyone wants us to be.

I also loved The Fox and the Hound when I was a kid. When Big Mama sings Best of Friends? That's good stuff. And my god, I cried and cried when she left him in the woods and he looks back all sad and confused. Haven't watched it in years...I don't think I have the strength!
NikkiLovesWDW! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:45 PM   #281
minnieandmickey
Queen of the run on sentence!

Loving your report. We are going to DLP/London in October (fingers and toes crossed) Question about your awesome pic of the Euros, did you get them in France or at home before you left. We're not sure what to do, we've read to get them there. Is there a place at DLP to get them?

My life at Disney: DL - started in 1978 too many times to count. First time AP holder in 2012, spent a total of 14 days! WDW- 10th anniversary- May 1999(Dixie Landings), 2005(off site),2006(POP/POFQ),2007(WLV),2008(AKV),2011(OKW) DCL- 3 day Bahamas Wonder 2002, 4 Day Bahamas Wonder 2006, 7 day Western Caribbean Magic 2007, 20 days on the Magic 2008, B2B Panama Canal and 5 day double dip, Sarah's gradapalooza 4 day Bahamas on the Dream and 7 Day Eastern Caribbean on the Magic 2011
Up next: DLP, Paris, and London, October 2013. Girls only Eastern Caribbean Cruise on the Fantasy, November 15, 2014. Three generations, my mom, me, DD (21), and DNiece (10) Mom and Niece are DCL newbies!
minnieandmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:09 AM   #282
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats

Their morbid version of HM sounds so awesome! Ahhhh I need to go!!

Oh no your poor dad! Stroller accidents are never fun... well at least for the victim, some people seem to get joy out of using them as steamrollers...

Wow drunk Stacey, you go with your bad self!
Aussiesalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:17 PM   #283
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCWDWMEMBER View Post
I totally forgot about the stroller incident. Dad was in some pain for sure and I was glad that he listened to us and went back to the room to get rest.
I had forgotten about it too until I started reading my notes for this update and had an "oh yeah!" moment. I'm glad he listened to us too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
1. I want to watch drunk Stacy
I shall deliver that my friend. I shall definitely deliver that.

Quote:
2. Love the shopping pics
They were a lot of fun to take! I don't normally do that.

Quote:
3. I swear this is getting silly. I LOVE the fox and the hound! I freaked when DH said he hasn't seen it, and made him watch immediately. He still makes fun of me because I describe the movie as "a heartbreaking tale of friendship". Maddie loves the movie, and she and always say "I'm a hound dog!" When our beagle Cooper howls.
It's crazy! Oh my gosh, we used to do that all the time when Copper used to say "I'm a hound dog!", in his raspy voice. I used to love it. Do you cry during Best of Friends? I'm not gonna lie, that song makes me tear up. I have it on my iPod. Oh, that and "Someone's Waiting for You" from the Rescuers. Can someone tell me WHY I CAN'T BUY THAT SONG ON ITUNES!?!?!?!?!

Quote:
4. We were destined to be amigos.
We are my friend. We are. We should definitely set up a meet, seeing as though we live very close to each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
Haha!! Drunk Stacy! I love it!

Phantom Manor looks so awesome! Love how morbid they made it. They could never do that in the US. We're far too sensitive - or so everyone wants us to be.

I also loved The Fox and the Hound when I was a kid. When Big Mama sings Best of Friends? That's good stuff. And my god, I cried and cried when she left him in the woods and he looks back all sad and confused. Haven't watched it in years...I don't think I have the strength!
Drunk Stacy is epic and I will be posting a video. It was amazing.

I love how morbid PM is too. That's what makes it so cool. I'm right, we are a little sensitive here and wish they would do something like that.

Oh my gosh, yes I used to cry during that part too! When I was little, I used to look and I'm like "TODD! NOOOOO!!!!!!" I wanted Todd so badly as a doll when I was younger. And they never had them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnieandmickey View Post
Loving your report. We are going to DLP/London in October (fingers and toes crossed) Question about your awesome pic of the Euros, did you get them in France or at home before you left. We're not sure what to do, we've read to get them there. Is there a place at DLP to get them?
Thanks!

I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you too! I hope you guys can make it.

We got our Euros prior to leaving the US. Everything I've heard says that's better. They do have them in DLP, there is a currency exchange. However, I suggest getting them here from your bank. I was able to get them from mine. They only charged the conversion fee on them (normally it's about five to seven cents per Euro), but if it's with your bank, it's less. At the currency exchanges, because they know you are stuck, they can charge you more. The conversions at DLP were higher than we converted at home. I would advise watching the Euro right now. If it gets to about $1.25 per Euro, get them here. It's not likely it will go much lower than that. Avoid converting during the summer, it tends to raise during the high travel times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiesalad View Post
Their morbid version of HM sounds so awesome! Ahhhh I need to go!!

Oh no your poor dad! Stroller accidents are never fun... well at least for the victim, some people seem to get joy out of using them as steamrollers...

Wow drunk Stacey, you go with your bad self!
You definitely need to get out there at some point. It's so amazing.

I do think that some people get joy out of running people over with them. Thankfully, this lady did not, but there are many out there.

Drunk Stacey is amazing.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:26 PM   #284
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

All caught up again on this one! Geez, this is taking awhile. Can it just be Christmas already and I'd be perfectly content, but NOOO, I'm still stuck with... uhhh... *ahem* Yup, my life. Anyways... really looks like this trip was a lot of fun! I really want to go check out this place someday, might have to spend a few days reading an English-French dictionary because I totally failed in Quebec, but Spanish is first priority lol And I totally agree about the Fox and the Hound being so under-appreciated. That is by far the saddest movie I have ever seen and one of the best stories in a movie. Thank goodness my friends got on my case about that one. Seriously, awesome film!

Ummm... can't wait to read more!

PlutosRHM55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:59 PM   #285
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

I'm still here too; I am still so jealous of you! I love the pictures and your family looks like they're so great to travel with. I guess I'm the goober in our family. lol!
ZehnJahren is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: