Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2012, 07:31 PM   #211
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiesalad View Post
Firstly you're looking fabulous!!

Your dad is hilarious! Too funny! We can see where you get your awesome face pulling from. Love it!

Yay I love shopping at home!
That shirt is super cute! And the jewellery looks so pretty!

AHHH so jealous of their 2 hours emh!

Australian portions are a lot like European portions... but every time I come back from America I do feel ripped off . I mean it's so easy to share a meal in the US with all the extra food you get. Here you pay the earth for barely anything! Ahhh that's what you get for being an island...

Can't wait to hear more!
Thanks, I feel pretty good.

I wish that WDW would do the two hours EMH in the morning. We would get so much more accomplished in the mornings that way.

Haha, I could imagine that you would feel like you were getting ripped off in the end with the portion sizes here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MazdaUK View Post
I suppose I can't claim baby weight if they're 13 and 19 YEARS can i?Just too much food and happy juice and too little exercise Going for a nice brisk frosty walk this morning.....followed by a pub lunch But another brisk walk back
Hahahaha, anyone can claim it's baby weight if you've had a baby at some point. It's only semantics in the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Luvin the update. Had you never had Kinder Bueno before?? We have white chocolate ones over here as well although the milk chocolate ones are still the nicest.
I am pretty sure I've probably had Kinder Bueno before at some point, I was likely pretty young.
IheartDDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:51 PM   #212
DVCWDWMEMBER
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Thanks, I feel pretty good.

I am pretty sure I've probably had Kinder Bueno before at some point, I was likely pretty young.

Yep you had the Kinder Bueno when you were little. Not very often because they were very hard to get in the US. I believe that my grandma would send them sometimes too. She didn't just send Cote'D'or alone we would get cookies and other candies too.
6/85 Offsite:12/86 DI: 8/88, 1/98, 5/00 DLR- Offsite:12/91 CR: 11/93 FWC: 1/99 POFQ: 9/99 CSR:01/02 CB/PR: 01/03 BCV: 12/03 DCL/BCV:10/04, 10/08 SSR: 05/05 PR: 01/06 WL: 05/06 GC-DLR: 11/06 POFQ: 02/07 DLH-DLR:11/07 BWV/POR: 05/08 OKW/VB: 05/09 AK/VB:10/09 GF:09/10 Disneyland Paris :11/10 POP: 07/11 BLT: 9/11 OKW: 6/12 Disneyland Paris : 7/13 WL,SSR-THV,AK :1/14 SSR:5/14 BC :11/14 WL

DVCWDWMEMBER is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-04-2012, 05:05 PM   #213
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCWDWMEMBER View Post
Yep you had the Kinder Bueno when you were little. Not very often because they were very hard to get in the US. I believe that my grandma would send them sometimes too. She didn't just send Cote'D'or alone we would get cookies and other candies too.
I figured I did, but that I just didn't remember. I know in the past they've always been hard for us to find here.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:43 PM   #214
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Finally....A Disney Place That Doesn't Serve NesCrappe!

Day 2 - Sunday July 1, 2012

We woke up bright and early on our first official morning in Disneyland Paris. One of the benefits to staying on property at DLRP is that you get breakfast every morning that you are there. Upon check in, you advise them when you like to eat breakfast in the morning. They give you a card with your breakfast time on it.

My Mom likes early breakfast, as you can tell....

Otherwise known as Petit Dejeuner. What is included is a traditional French / European breakfast, but you can pay extra if you want American breakfast.

It becomes a different restaurant in the evening, but here is the breakfast hour.

My normal breakfast plate every morning.

Also of note....the cute cute cute Nutella in a jam style container! Why oh why don't we have this here?

Also of note? Because you're in Europe, the coffee is goooood. Like, they don't serve Nescrappe. I think if they did, no one would drink coffee. I was so happy every morning to have tasty coffee, because I do not like to drink coffee in WDW, I'm not gonna lie.

International Travel Tip #28 - Similar to dinner, people in Europe are not extremely early risers. It's not common to see tons of people breakfasting at early times, so if you're an early bird, take an early breakfast. But be warned, the later you eat, the more people there will be that you have to contend with. We found that at 7:30am the restaurant was blissfully quiet.

We had our fill and headed out into the park for the day. We had morning magic hours for two hours this morning.

Mickey was in the lobby on the way out.

And, in a bit of good mojo, my favorite guy was on my ticket.

We were heading back into Disneyland this day. The cool thing is that they actually have bag scanners here, which is so much more efficient that regular bag check. I remember too though that when we went to Paris in 2010 they had these bag scanners at the Louvre as well. So much more convenient than someone looking in the bag and also so much faster!

International Travel Tip #29 - Don't get nervous or scared if you see the military in the country you're visiting. Very often in France at heavily trafficked areas (like Disney and the Eiffel Tower) there is military. Remember, a lot of times, they use military in lieu of the Police, so don't panic and don't assume there is something wrong.

I never felt like I got enough pictures of this.

We had a plan of attack, and the first part of this plan consisted of going to Discoveryland (Tomorrowland to us WDW people). We wanted to make it to Space Mountain Mission 2.

Because we were there so early, there was basically no wait at all for the ride. Mom and I got front row with Dad behind us. This version of Space Mountain is more like Rockin' Roller Coaster, with a launch sequence and loops. I did attempt to film the ride. I'm hoping to edit the film, but you'll just hear a lot of laughing and screaming.

We had to have a little bit of a photo shoot.

And Dad had to do his normal pose letting you know what he thought about the ride.

What did I think?

Pretty good if you ask me.

After that...it was off to Buzz Lightyear.

Where my Mom attempted to SHOOT ME IN THE HEAD!

We had to fight French Zurg.

No, I'm serious.....Zurg spoke French.

For reals though, I'm very very ashamed to say. My score sucked.

This is a sad sad state of affairs for me. I'm very ashamed of myself. In my defense, this is a different kind of set up than at WDW. You remove the gun from the holster, and you don't score as high. Would you like me to continue making excuses? I totally can keep going. A kid got in my way, my trigger wouldn't work, Zurg stole my laser beam, did you see that elephant that got in my way.....

Up Next: Who else is sleeping in Sleeping Beauty's castle?
Old 11-05-2012, 12:39 AM   #215
LookinUp
Mouseketeer

I've been AWOL a while, but trying to catch up now.
I looooove European breakfast! The best breads & cheeses. And, ya, the coffee is delish. I'm with you, I do not care for the bilge-water coffee at WDW. I bring VIA and mix it into a carton of milk for a latte to go. Maybe some Nutella, too, next time ...
Your castle pic is so great. I am just eating up (for heaven's sake, there I go with the food again!) all the details of DLP!
Pathetic performance on Buzz, yes, but actually pretty impressive considering your mom zapped you in the head. Plus, you get bonus points for the elephant, I think.

LookinUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:52 AM   #216
zanzibar138
DIS Veteran

Another awesome update

I love that their SM is so different - can't wait to try it! And I love that pic of Buzz with the storm clouds overhead!

Oh, and that Nutella packaging, so cute

TRIPS TAKEN
March 2011 DLR Engagement (HoJo & Peacock Suites) TR - March 2012 HKDL Honeymoon (HKDL Hotel) TR - Feb 2013 DLP (Hotel l'Elysee) & HKDL (Hollywood Hotel) TR

TRIPS IN PLANNING
Aug/Sep 2014 DLR Half Marathon Weekend (DI&S & VRBO) PTR - 2015 Shanghai Disneyland Opening Day PTR
zanzibar138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:58 AM   #217
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats

Ahhhh that breakfast looks goooood! Is that cheese?
That is a good idea with the breakfast time cards.
Hoooray for good coffee!!!

Their version of Space sounds awesome!
I'm a sucker for a good launch

I think French Zurg and Spanish Buzz should have a battle!
Aussiesalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:22 AM   #218
MEK
DIS Veteran

OMG! Saw your TR at the top of my sub'd TRs and knew I had to catch up NOW. I'm sort of shocked I missed an update BEFORE I went to wdw. How did THAT happen?

Love the Haunted Mansion. Looks so amazing. Love your description of Space Mountain. That sounds like awesomeness. Love that you get 2 extra early hours. That is cool. The whole place sounds like so much fun.

Oh - and your score on Buzz - I hope you go back and seek revenge.

Pictures are great. You're really capturing the essence of the place.

More please!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:05 AM   #219
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

I think it's so interesting how DLP's Space Mountain goes upside down! That would be cool. And the Buzz Lightyear looks cool too. It sounds like their guns are like the Disneyland ones...I really wish they would update the WDW ride because I found that those guns were so much easier to use.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
wdwgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:19 AM   #220
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

I think all of your excuses for your score on Buzz are completely valid and I would've been making the same ones!

Sounds like a great morning so far! On Space Mountain, does the ride vehicle go up through that tube-thing on the outside??
NikkiLovesWDW! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:40 AM   #221
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Oh my gosh, that Nutella packet is the cutest thing!

That Space Mountain looks AWESOME. Is it just me or does Buzz have a very maniacal look on his face?

Completed Trip Reports:
December 2011 * July/August 2012 * May/June 2013
marDgreen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:22 PM   #222
DVCWDWMEMBER
Mouseketeer

I miss those European Breakfast sooo much....... Coffee...... Cheese......Bread.....Bread......Bread......:dance 3:
6/85 Offsite:12/86 DI: 8/88, 1/98, 5/00 DLR- Offsite:12/91 CR: 11/93 FWC: 1/99 POFQ: 9/99 CSR:01/02 CB/PR: 01/03 BCV: 12/03 DCL/BCV:10/04, 10/08 SSR: 05/05 PR: 01/06 WL: 05/06 GC-DLR: 11/06 POFQ: 02/07 DLH-DLR:11/07 BWV/POR: 05/08 OKW/VB: 05/09 AK/VB:10/09 GF:09/10 Disneyland Paris :11/10 POP: 07/11 BLT: 9/11 OKW: 6/12 Disneyland Paris : 7/13 WL,SSR-THV,AK :1/14 SSR:5/14 BC :11/14 WL

DVCWDWMEMBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:35 PM   #223
MazdaUK
Curse this time difference!
You show me yours I'll show you mine!
Now I just want to go home and spread my bits of paper about

I will admit the gun performance is a bit variable - otherwise how can you explain that I got the BEST score in my group every time! DS(19) insisted his gun was broken but I think I'm just great
DLP Disney Hotel New York May 2003
Disneyland - 2 days visit while staying at Sheraton Anaheim on honeymoon September 1990
MazdaUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:42 PM   #224
Isila
There is a big beautiful tomorrow

loving your TR

we also do early breakfast, or tickets always shows 7.00am

but breakfast at 7.00am in Kyriad was packed
Isila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:33 PM   #225
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Um, if I had seen those nutella in a jam-style packets in Europe I would seriously have come home with a bag full. Adorable.
I don't think I did Space Mt. in DLP! Now I'm really disappointed! I wonder if I can get to Paris next spring...
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: