Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2012, 01:31 PM   #166
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCWDWMEMBER View Post
Hey are you saying that I am Boisterous......
Yes, I am saying that you are boisterous.

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
IheartDDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:32 PM   #168
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
LOVING your DLP photos !!! Looking forward to more !! So fun seeing this !!
I'm glad you like the pictures. When I went back, I thought I took so many (and I did take a lot), but I was like, "man, there aren't as many as I thought there were!"

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:
Old 10-17-2012, 07:17 AM   #169
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats

Your pictures are so awesome! It looks so incredible there!!!

Oh I love some non PC pirates, makes them true pirates doesn't it?
Didn't there used to be a naked girl in the Johnny Depp barrel?
(not sure if that sentence even made sense but I'm not sure how else to say it)

Haunted Mansion looks sounds amazing there! I love comparing the differences in standard Disney rides.
I love how excitable people can be in Europe! Like almost every internal flight we were on people hollered and cheered when we landed.
However that could have also had to do with the budget airlines we chose...

The food packaging is adorable!
Aussiesalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:24 PM   #170
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiesalad View Post
Your pictures are so awesome! It looks so incredible there!!!

Oh I love some non PC pirates, makes them true pirates doesn't it?
Didn't there used to be a naked girl in the Johnny Depp barrel?
(not sure if that sentence even made sense but I'm not sure how else to say it)

Haunted Mansion looks sounds amazing there! I love comparing the differences in standard Disney rides.
I love how excitable people can be in Europe! Like almost every internal flight we were on people hollered and cheered when we landed.
However that could have also had to do with the budget airlines we chose...

The food packaging is adorable!
The park is incredible. I absolutely love it there.

There is a girl in the Johnny Depp barrel, just not a naked one. At least I don' think.....

Hmmm, I'm wondering if that budget airline did have anything to do with their reaction.

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:
Old 10-18-2012, 08:19 PM   #171
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

I'm all caught up, I love this TR because I'm so fascinated with Europe and Disneyland Paris, I really have to go there someday!

Finn is too cute! And I love the breakfast they eat in Europe...I mean, I love good old American omelets and bacon and all that, but bread and cheese and everything seems so much simpler and healthier, in a way.

OMG driving to Disneyland Paris again, is so fascinating to me! Just crossing over the border into another country is like something out of a fairytale!

I love your DLP pics so far, it looks like a beautiful place! Although I'm not a fan of that New York City section, was that in the hotel? With the big Yankees thing on the floor? Ugh. I'd be so annoyed if I went all the way to FRANCE and had to have the Yankees in my face (I'm a Red Sox fan, in case you didn't realize that yet! )!

Can't wait to read more!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:51 PM   #172
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I'm all caught up, I love this TR because I'm so fascinated with Europe and Disneyland Paris, I really have to go there someday!

Finn is too cute! And I love the breakfast they eat in Europe...I mean, I love good old American omelets and bacon and all that, but bread and cheese and everything seems so much simpler and healthier, in a way.

OMG driving to Disneyland Paris again, is so fascinating to me! Just crossing over the border into another country is like something out of a fairytale!

I love your DLP pics so far, it looks like a beautiful place! Although I'm not a fan of that New York City section, was that in the hotel? With the big Yankees thing on the floor? Ugh. I'd be so annoyed if I went all the way to FRANCE and had to have the Yankees in my face (I'm a Red Sox fan, in case you didn't realize that yet! )!

Can't wait to read more!
European breakfast was very normal for me growing up because my Mom used to make stuff like that all the time. I love it though, though I agree, I do love big breakfasts too. I like the balance.

Crossing over into another country is so cool, and it's crazy because there it's like us crossing into another state.

I wasn't a huge fan of the motif of the hotel, but all of the hotels there (except for the Disneyland Hotel) are an American theme. I think because just like their culture is cool to us, our culture is cool to them. And I understand the Yankee thing too. I know you're a Red Sox fan. I'm a Cubs fan (always have been), but I'm also fully aware that they stink and that if they ever win the World Series, the end of the world is coming.

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:
Old 10-20-2012, 03:14 PM   #173
CarolynK
DIS Veteran

I wanted to say "hi" since I've been reading your adventures for a few days. It looks like a great trip!

Upcoming: 12/21/14-12/28/14 WDW**12/28/14-1/02/15 Key West**2/27/15-3/3/15 WDW
CarolynK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:12 PM   #174
Aurynn
Mouseketeer

All caught up with your TR. Looks like you have a great trip going. Upgrades are always fun
It's very interesting to see a bit of my country through your eyes. Looking forward to more
Aurynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:28 PM   #175
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynK View Post
I wanted to say "hi" since I've been reading your adventures for a few days. It looks like a great trip!
I'm glad that my TR has been a nice diversion for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurynn View Post
All caught up with your TR. Looks like you have a great trip going. Upgrades are always fun
It's very interesting to see a bit of my country through your eyes. Looking forward to more
Upgrades are always tons of fun.

I'll apologize in advance if I spell anything in Flemish incorrectly. I'm okay with the actually pronunciation and the definition of words, but spelling is a bit of a difficult thing for me.

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:
Old 10-20-2012, 08:51 PM   #176
Aurynn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Upgrades are always tons of fun.

I'll apologize in advance if I spell anything in Flemish incorrectly. I'm okay with the actually pronunciation and the definition of words, but spelling is a bit of a difficult thing for me.
Well, English isn't all that simple either (as I keep reminding my students whenever they get mopey about a bad spelling test). Our way of pronouncing and linking that to spelling is just very different. No worries

I'm looking forward to more
Aurynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:24 AM   #177
DVCWDWMEMBER
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well, English isn't all that simple either (as I keep reminding my students whenever they get mopey about a bad spelling test). Our way of pronouncing and linking that to spelling is just very different. No worries

Where in Belgium do you live??? I was born in Antwerpen and grew up in Wijnegem until we moved to the US.

I know what you mean about English not being simple. When we moved to the United States I didn't know any English at all. It took about a year for me to feel more comfortable in school. I still got teased a lot because of my accent.
6/85 Offsite:12/86 DI: 8/88, 1/98, 5/00 DLR- Offsite:12/91 CR: 11/93 FWC: 1/99 POFQ: 9/99 CSR:01/02 CB/PR: 01/03 BCV: 12/03 DCL/BCV:10/04, 10/08 SSR: 05/05 PR: 01/06 WL: 05/06 GC-DLR: 11/06 POFQ: 02/07 DLH-DLR:11/07 BWV/POR: 05/08 OKW/VB: 05/09 AK/VB:10/09 GF:09/10 Disneyland Paris :11/10 POP: 07/11 BLT: 9/11 OKW: 6/12 Disneyland Paris : 7/13 WL,SSR-THV,AK :1/14 SSR:5/14 BC :11/14 WL:12/14 SSR: 2/15 AK: 8/15 DLH

DVCWDWMEMBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:28 AM   #178
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I know, my Mom used to tell me that all the time growing up, because we speak backwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCWDWMEMBER View Post
Where in Belgium do you live??? I was born in Antwerpen and grew up in Wijnegem until we moved to the US.

I know what you mean about English not being simple. When we moved to the United States I didn't know any English at all. It took about a year for me to feel more comfortable in school. I still got teased a lot because of my accent.
And the kids that used to make fun of you in school were just stupid. Remember I used to say that all the time when I was younger? And my response to anyone who likes to make fun of accents is "and how many languages can you speak?"

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:
Old 10-21-2012, 11:46 AM   #179
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Let's Shop.....MeMom Style!

Day 1 - Saturday June 30, 2012

This post will be in honor of MeMom, because I always comment on how we can shop through her eyes on her TR's. I love her merchandise pictures! So, I decided to try to take ample pictures this evening in DLRP.

After we were thoroughly frightened on Phantom Manor...

And apparently I took some pictures of the castle and my Dad acted like the goober that he is...

We decided to walk around and browse the shops. My Dad was absolutely in LOVE with this idea (was that dripping in enough sarcasm for you?).

We took it easy after this day. Long travel day the day prior, and we drove 4 hours to DLRP, and we wanted to be up for EMH the next morning. Oh, and the best part? EMH at DLRP are 2 hours(!) for resort guests. Not the measly 1 hour! How awesome is that?!

So, I give you....Disneyland Paris exclusive merchandise (taken while meandering around who knows where).

I totally almost bought that, but this was the start of my trip and I didn't want to go and spend all of my Euro in one place.

I almost bought one of these for my Grandma, but they didn't like to stand up correctly.

Can you guys which on of these Vinylmation I purchased? You don't have to think very hard....the answer is clear. These were 20th Anniversary specials.

How stellar is this Rapunzel dress? It was so detailed in person.

This store was the DTD equivalent of TrenD. It was so cool.

I just HAD to make a purchase. You'll see this appear on me in later pictures.

This was the stuff I almost couldn't resist. Swarofski exclusives! They were so expensive though, but man. I almost caved. Especially on this one.

And this one.

I had to tear myself away from the beautiful jewelry, because I seriously almost buckled. But I just couldn't.

Oh, on the way out of the park, a lot of people were eating dinner. Because remember:

International Travel Tip #26 - People in Europe generally eat later in the day. They don't do early dinner, so it's not uncommon to see lots of people and families getting dinner at 9pm or later.

We made it back to the hotel and grabbed some treats and drinks from the store in the lobby.

I adore European treats btw.

(In case you're wondering, the Bueno was the best one).

Well, we tried to plug our items in to recharge for the evening, but nothing was working. Nothing, the TV, none of the plugs. Dad called maintenance and they said they'd send someone up. It appeared to be a fuse in the fusebox, because we heard someone outside and voila! Everything came back on. I was just happy to be able to charge my dead phone.

International Travel Tip #27 - Don't forget a converter/adaptor combo for your electronics, and make sure you check to see what items need to be converted and which ones need to be adapted.

That tip is foreshadowing. You'll find out why in my next update.

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:
Old 10-21-2012, 12:43 PM   #180
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

Sooooo.....I'm a little behind on the TR (just found it) and I don't know how that happened but I'm here now and I just read the whole thing. LOVING it! I especially love your travel tips and your comparisons between Americans and Europeans. Can't wait to hear more about DLP!
NikkiLovesWDW! is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: