Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-17-2013, 07:26 AM   #1
Bella the Ball 360
Keyboarding is not my thing excuse typos.
I am going to have to sew "whoopie pie" pockets on the hips of my jeans
 
Bella the Ball 360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,092

Anyone know anything about Ford Corporate?

Short version of my story. My 2010 Tarus just died in the middle of a parking lot while driving it. This was LAST Thursday. I had it towed on a flatbed to our local Ford service department with whom we have been doing business for the last 20-25 years. They did not even look at it till Monday but claimed they were backed up due from July 4th. They did say that they would look at it on Friday. As of yesterday they kept telling us that they needed to contact Ford Corporate because it had to do with the Central Processing Unit. They claimed they could not get in touch with them. Yesterday when STILL they did not get in touch with them my husband blew a gasket. REALLY? First the mechanic did not know what was wrong (which is garbage because it died in the parking lot of a chain known for doing repairs and changing oil and the mechanic diagnosed without looking at a computer what was wrong so that is garbage). WE are going away today and the car is still not fixed.

My husband threatened to call Ford Corporate and the service manager pretty much asked him not to. I get the impression from buying Fords recently that Corporate is pretty scary. Is this true? Cause if it is I am on the PHONE TODAY if the car is not fixed. I know they will be calling me for a survey which they always do. I have pretty much had it with this situation!
__________________
Bella the Ball 360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:44 AM   #2
Shutterbug
Baba Ganoush is my hero
No parking baby, No parking on the dance floor
 
Shutterbug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 5,743

Is that the only dealer in your area? Not all dealers are alike I have found.
Some better than others. I dont know why they couldnt have at least spent 30 min between jobs and plugged it into the scanner and check engine codes.

As far as getting your car fixed today, that all depends if the dealer has that actual part in stock. If not they will have to order it in from the Ford warehouse and that may take an additional day or two.
__________________
Yeah I'm a dude...
Shutterbug is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-17-2013, 08:04 AM   #3
Jestocost
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Kirkwood, MO
Posts: 6,946

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella the Ball 360 View Post
Short version of my story. My 2010 Tarus just died in the middle of a parking lot while driving it. This was LAST Thursday. I had it towed on a flatbed to our local Ford service department with whom we have been doing business for the last 20-25 years. They did not even look at it till Monday but claimed they were backed up due from July 4th. They did say that they would look at it on Friday. As of yesterday they kept telling us that they needed to contact Ford Corporate because it had to do with the Central Processing Unit. They claimed they could not get in touch with them. Yesterday when STILL they did not get in touch with them my husband blew a gasket. REALLY? First the mechanic did not know what was wrong (which is garbage because it died in the parking lot of a chain known for doing repairs and changing oil and the mechanic diagnosed without looking at a computer what was wrong so that is garbage). WE are going away today and the car is still not fixed.

My husband threatened to call Ford Corporate and the service manager pretty much asked him not to. I get the impression from buying Fords recently that Corporate is pretty scary. Is this true? Cause if it is I am on the PHONE TODAY if the car is not fixed. I know they will be calling me for a survey which they always do. I have pretty much had it with this situation!
Ford and all of the auto manufacturers have their own company customer service lines that handle complaints from owners who aren't satisfied with the service provided by a Ford dealer. I assume that any complaints that come into those customer service lines are tracked and feed into some kind of scorecard that is kept for each dealer. Presumably that scorecard has some impact on a dealer's ability to keep their franchise or participate in various manufacturer-sponsored programs, so the dealers don't want you to go up the chain and impact their scores.

Several years ago I had an issue with a brand new Explorer and wasn't getting what I felt was a reasonable response from the dealer. I called the corporate number and within a day everything was taken care of to my satisfaction.
__________________
Spring 1976, WDW/Golf Resort; Spring 2000, WDW/CBR; Summer 2002, WDW/CBR; Thanksgiving 2003, Disney Wonder & WDW/CBR; Fall 2004, WDW/POFQ; Spring Break 2005, Disney Magic W. Caribbean; Fall 2005, WDW/BC; Summer 2006, Disney Magic E. Caribbean & WDW/POFQ; Christmas 2006, WDW/POFQ; Spring Break 2007, DLR/Disneyland Hotel; Fall 2007, WDW/Poly; Summer 2008, WDW/POFQ & Disney Wonder B2B; Thanksgiving 2008, WDW/Poly; Summer 2009, WDW/AKL; Christmas/New Year 2009-2010, WDW/Poly and Disney Magic W. Caribbean; Spring Break 2010, WDW/BC; Summer 2010, WDW/GF; Thanksgiving 2010, WDW/POFQ; Spring Break 2011, WDW/BC; Summer 2011, WDW/BWI; Thanksgiving 2011, Disney Dream; Summer 2012, WDW/AKL;F&WF 2012, WDW/BWI; Spring Break 2013, WDW/BC; Summer 2013, Disney Wonder Alaska; F&WF 2013, WDW/YC; Spring Break 2014, WDW/AKL and Disney Fantasy W. Caribbean; Summer 2014, WDW/WL; October 2014, Disney Magic S. Caribbean and Repo B2B



Jestocost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:19 AM   #4
lizabu
DIS Veteran
 
lizabu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,942

I work in a Call centre and my Supervisor used to work in the complaints dept for Ford. I don't think she's a scary person at all. In fact I think if you called they would try to help you.
lizabu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:49 AM   #5
Bella the Ball 360
Keyboarding is not my thing excuse typos.
I am going to have to sew "whoopie pie" pockets on the hips of my jeans
 
Bella the Ball 360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,092

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizabu View Post
I work in a Call centre and my Supervisor used to work in the complaints dept for Ford. I don't think she's a scary person at all. In fact I think if you called they would try to help you.

I do not mean that they are scary to the consumer but rather to the dealership! That is what I WANT. I most likely did not express it correctly because I am so ANNOYED!
__________________
Bella the Ball 360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:54 AM   #6
Bella the Ball 360
Keyboarding is not my thing excuse typos.
I am going to have to sew "whoopie pie" pockets on the hips of my jeans
 
Bella the Ball 360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,092

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutterbug View Post
Is that the only dealer in your area? Not all dealers are alike I have found.
Some better than others. I dont know why they couldnt have at least spent 30 min between jobs and plugged it into the scanner and check engine codes.

As far as getting your car fixed today, that all depends if the dealer has that actual part in stock. If not they will have to order it in from the Ford warehouse and that may take an additional day or two.
The service manager CLAIMS he was having a unit overnighted from another state. Again I agree about plugging it in and figuring it out and then going from there. I am going to call anyway when this is over because I am so ticked about this. They offered us a loaner car but I am NOT tanking that to WDW. Lucky for me I just purchased an EDGE a few weeks ago and will use that for our trip. He told my husband (who btw is very professional and does not blow up on them the first or second time)that he could have it towed to another dealership which btw is not good customer service either.
__________________
Bella the Ball 360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:01 AM   #7
palmtreegirl
DIS Veteran
 
palmtreegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: NEPA
Posts: 7,950

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella the Ball 360 View Post
The service manager CLAIMS he was having a unit overnighted from another state. Again I agree about plugging it in and figuring it out and then going from there. I am going to call anyway when this is over because I am so ticked about this. They offered us a loaner car but I am NOT tanking that to WDW. Lucky for me I just purchased an EDGE a few weeks ago and will use that for our trip. He told my husband (who btw is very professional and does not blow up on them the first or second time)that he could have it towed to another dealership which btw is not good customer service either.

They probably offered to tow it somewhere else because they no longer want to deal with you, maybe you should just take them up on the offer?
palmtreegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:17 AM   #8
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist
 
Planogirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Frisco,Texas
Posts: 45,795

If they are actually backed up, I can't see them moving any faster. First come, first serve after all. Why not have it towed elsewhere?
__________________
PG
Planogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:20 AM   #9
powellrj
I am wide awake and on the dis boards
My db and I usually fight over the turkey bones
It was so bad, it was funny
Note to self, never make anyone suffer with thirst
 
powellrj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Central Indiana
Posts: 16,390

While I am not sure if this is your problem, but last summer my brand new mustang died in a parking lot and we had it towed to the local dealer. We didn't buy the car from them because I buy our cars and they always want me to bring my DH back to look before they will help me. Sorry, its not 1959, I can buy my own car. Back to story...

They told me that what was wrong with my car needed a part that was back ordered for 3 months. I called the dealer I actually bought the car from and they made a few phone calls for me and low and behold, they found the last part in the country (yeah right) and my car was fixed. Can you give them a deadline that if the car isn't being worked on by 4pm today you will be calling the corporate number?
__________________



powellrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:41 AM   #10
Bella the Ball 360
Keyboarding is not my thing excuse typos.
I am going to have to sew "whoopie pie" pockets on the hips of my jeans
 
Bella the Ball 360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,092

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmtreegirl View Post
They probably offered to tow it somewhere else because they no longer want to deal with you, maybe you should just take them up on the offer?

Honestly? That was a really snide remark and really, we have been more than patient with them and as I said, we have been loyal customers for 20 years.
__________________
Bella the Ball 360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:44 AM   #11
Bella the Ball 360
Keyboarding is not my thing excuse typos.
I am going to have to sew "whoopie pie" pockets on the hips of my jeans
 
Bella the Ball 360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,092

Quote:
Originally Posted by powellrj View Post
While I am not sure if this is your problem, but last summer my brand new mustang died in a parking lot and we had it towed to the local dealer. We didn't buy the car from them because I buy our cars and they always want me to bring my DH back to look before they will help me. Sorry, its not 1959, I can buy my own car. Back to story...

They told me that what was wrong with my car needed a part that was back ordered for 3 months. I called the dealer I actually bought the car from and they made a few phone calls for me and low and behold, they found the last part in the country (yeah right) and my car was fixed. Can you give them a deadline that if the car isn't being worked on by 4pm today you will be calling the corporate number?
I was wondering if that was the case! WE always buy from the same dealership and recently purchased a car. It is not from this dealership but trust me they get more than their share of money in repairs from us.

We have already given them a deadline. It was yesterday but as I said, we are going away tonight so it is hard to do anything because they have us. I wanted to call corporate yesterday but my husband is much kinder than I am.
__________________
Bella the Ball 360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:48 AM   #12
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo
 
usnuzuloose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sacramento Ca
Posts: 135,702

I would be calling the corporate office anyway. I can understand if they are backed up. And being honest with me. But if they said to not call, well my red flags would be up. I would of went home and called. I hope they fix it soon.
__________________
A Carnival cruise.....with a chicken. TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....54201&posted=1
usnuzuloose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:53 AM   #13
RitaZ.
Move on don't hesitate
Breakout
 
RitaZ.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: FL
Posts: 11,147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella the Ball 360 View Post
Honestly? That was a really snide remark and really, we have been more than patient with them and as I said, we have been loyal customers for 20 years.
It has been almost a week and they're not really being straightforward with you. Call their corporate offices. You don't have to be nasty or threatening; just state the facts calmly. Good luck.
RitaZ. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:54 AM   #14
StitchesGr8Fan
DIS Veteran
 
StitchesGr8Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,830

Call the Corporate office. Ford is very strict with its employees and dealers.


And as for the person who said that a part was back ordered for 3 months and another dealer was able to find the last part in the country - that does actually happen. More than it should. But with most parts coming from overseas and having long lead times coupled with natural disasters and other things that delay shipping, it is happening more and more. Especially for parts that don't break often.
__________________
'86-offsite, '91-Buena Vista Palace, '92-offsite, '97-offsite, '98-Magic Music Days, '06-ASMu, '07-FtW, '09-ASMu,'10-POR,'12-Poly (Honeymoon!)
'14 - Pop
StitchesGr8Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 11:06 AM   #15
palmtreegirl
DIS Veteran
 
palmtreegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: NEPA
Posts: 7,950

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella the Ball 360 View Post
Honestly? That was a really snide remark and really, we have been more than patient with them and as I said, we have been loyal customers for 20 years.
I didn't mean it to be snide, I was just stating that I thought that was their intention with the offer. You said their customer service isn't good and I thought they might be trying to pass you off because they feared a bad survey, classic move by people who's job is highly impacted by surveys. I suggested you taking them up on their offer because you said you'd had enough of dealing with them. How is that snide?
palmtreegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.