Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2012, 07:02 PM   #1
SirGoofy
DIS Fan

Question: Seattle Disembarkation timing?

We are using a car service to get from the Wonder to SEATAC airport and are attempting to calculate a reasonable time for pickup. Based on our flight departure time, 10:00 AM would be the ideal time to be departing Pier 91.

Is it reasonable to believe that we could do breakfast with the late dining group, get off the ship, process through immigration, locate our luggage, process through customs, and be out at the curb by 10:00 AM?

What group of luggage tags were you assigned, what time was that group called to leave the ship, and what time did you actually exit customs?

We appreciate any insights you can offer.
SirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 07:17 PM   #2
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran

We had Daisy, I think we were the 2nd or 3rd group called. They lost one piece of our luggage (it went to the airport instead of to the dock), so we looked all over for it and finished after the entire ship had disembarked. I can't remember what time it was, but I think it is very reasonable to leave by 10. Easy.

twopeasonepod is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-18-2012, 11:29 PM   #3
lucky1
Face Character

We were also in Daisy and we were off the ship by 8am and we could not find a porter to help us with our bags and it took us a while to find them. We were out waiting in the pick up area, by 8:30am.
lucky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:33 PM   #4
kcashner
DIS Veteran

We opted to keep our luggage with it and take it off the ship ourselves. Customs took maybe 30 seconds...seriously. Ship to curb time was about 5 minutes. However, Seattle is famous for traffic jams on the highway. Allow time for that on your way to the airport.

The lines at the airport (both for airline check in and for security) were LONG but moved amazingly fast. Seatac is a wonderful airport--clean, efficient, etc.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:18 PM   #5
SirGoofy
DIS Fan

Thank you!

Thanks to all who responded to my questions. My wife and I feel much more comfortable now, as we were fearing that processing through the Port of Seattle would be as painful as going through the Port of LA.

Also, thanks for the tips on the possible luggage mix-ups (twopeasonepod, how did you ever realize your bags were at the airport??) and for the heads-up about how busy SEATAC is. We are planning to arrive 2 hours before our flight and hope that's enough time.

Again, THANKS to all of you for sharing your experiences.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:40 PM   #6
Jack'sGirl5
Convinced that pirates still exist out there . . . somewhere

Sounds like you got some great info already but we just got off the Wonder this past Monday so I thought I could add a little bit of info.

Everyone was required to be out of their rooms no later than 8:30am and off of the ship itself by 9:45. Customs really did take less than 5 minutes.

We left our room at 8:30 and were at the curb with our luggage before 9:00.

If your flight is prior to 12:30, Disney considers it an "early" flight and they will put you in one of the first luggage tag groups. If they do not have your flight info you can notify on-board guest services of your flight time.

The first luggage group is Ariel followed by Daisy Duck. Note that you do not have to leave when your tag group is called. We had Ariel which was called first at around 7:20 or so but we did not leave until 8:30 -- it actually made it really easy to spot our luggage since there were not many bags left in that section.

Have a wonderful trip -- we travel often and it was my favorite vacation to date. Just spectacular!
Buena Vista 1988,1997, Grand Floridian 1996, 2008, 2012, Wilderness Lodge - 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010, 2013, Magic Eastern - 2007, Wonder Alaska - 2012, DL Hotel - 2009, 2011, ABD Scotland and Ireland - 2014
"A dream is a wish your heart makes . . "
Jack'sGirl5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:18 AM   #7
SirGoofy
DIS Fan

Jack'sGirl5, THANKS for the update and suggestion about the luggage tags! We are leaving Orlando today for Seattle so we can spend the weekend there. (We're hoping we've packed warm enough clothing, but even if we freeze, we're going to have fun!) We've been looking forward to this trip for a long time -- had hoped to go last year. So, we are super excited!!! Again, THANKS!
Old 08-24-2012, 01:46 PM   #8
Jack'sGirl5
Convinced that pirates still exist out there . . . somewhere

Wishing you safe travels today. We stayed in Seattle for a few days prior to the cruise as well. What a fun city!

Don't know what you have planned but the time we spent roaming the Pike Street Market was our favorite. We took a Chocolate Indulgence tour with the Savor Seattle tour group that was just wonderful and my 13 year old DD's fav activity in Seattle. I know they do other market and foodie tours as well -- can't say enough good about them.

Also, the Seattle Center was really fun with the Experience Music Project/Sci Fi Museum, the needle and the Chihuly glass. We even did a duck tour -- corny but fun.

One final recommendation, if you are in the waterfront area or by the Seattle Center, we ate dinner one night at Local 360 -- absolutely delish and all local ingredients. Cool environment too.

Have a blast!
Buena Vista 1988,1997, Grand Floridian 1996, 2008, 2012, Wilderness Lodge - 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010, 2013, Magic Eastern - 2007, Wonder Alaska - 2012, DL Hotel - 2009, 2011, ABD Scotland and Ireland - 2014
"A dream is a wish your heart makes . . "
Jack'sGirl5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:14 PM   #9
SirGoofy
DIS Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack'sGirl5
Have a blast!
Thanks! We had a wonderful weekend in Seattle. Highlight was the Chihuly Glass Garden and visiting with old friends. We're checked in at he port; waiting to board. And, SO EXCITED!!

Again, thanks for the intel and well wishes.

Tags
alaska, customs, disembark, disembarkation, seattle

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: