Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2012, 07:26 PM   #1
4HOLIDAYS
DIS Veteran

SW x-mas shows

are the special shows and all every day? or only select days?

The website says nov 17 for a start but doesn't say if it's only weekends or what.

I am thinking of addind a day in to wdw and universal trip, it sounds wonderful, but need to know on which end of trip. We are going first wk of Dec.
4HOLIDAYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:27 PM   #2
KBF
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4HOLIDAYS View Post
are the special shows and all every day? or only select days?

The website says nov 17 for a start but doesn't say if it's only weekends or what.

I am thinking of addind a day in to wdw and universal trip, it sounds wonderful, but need to know on which end of trip. We are going first wk of Dec.
Starting November 17th, the Christmas Celebration is every Friday, Saturday and Sunday until mid December when it is then nightly until New Years day.
KBF is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-19-2012, 12:40 PM   #3
4HOLIDAYS
DIS Veteran

I was hoping it was like uo/ioa or wdw and be every day. But thanks for the info, I'll just have to plan around this.
4HOLIDAYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:59 PM   #4
KBF
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I was hoping it was like uo/ioa or wdw and be every day. But thanks for the info, I'll just have to plan around this.
The decorations are up everyday from November 17th until New Years. There is also a ride called "Polar Express Experience" that is a motion simulator set to scenes from the popular movie "Polar Express". That ride will also be available every day. Also there are about 100 giant Christmas trees that are in a big lake that come to life at night with a light show set to Christmas music. This will also be every day. The only things you will miss out on will be the shows. Which will only take place on the dates I mentioned before. But everything is included with park admission when you go.
KBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 02:40 PM   #5
johde
DIS Veteran

Quote:
One thing to remember about WDW is in early Dec., the special shows and the Christmas Parade at the MK are only shown during MVMCP and not every day.

Several Trips off site and at Grandma house going back to 1976
Dec 2002 OKW; Dec 2003 OKW; Sept 2004 BWV&OKW; Dec 2005 OKW Sept 2006 BWV: Sept 2007 BWV & AKV
Dec 2009 AKV & BWV: Sept 2011 VCG and the Disneyland Half Marathon: Jan 2013 OKW and AKV New years at Disney. Jan. 2015 AKV/ Cabana Bay?
johde is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 05:46 PM   #6
HeidiGW
Mouseketeer

we saw the "o wonderous night" show at SW last year...and it is probably the best Christmas show I have ever watched. It was EXCELLENT! the other shows were very good as well. worth the trip!

Me, DH, DD, DD, DD, DS
HeidiGW is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: