Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2012, 03:08 AM   #16
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me
i cannot wear anything between my toes

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionKingRules84 View Post
I think Dustin deserves a raise for this one!

I'll be honest I never really had a desire to do a Disney cruise or any cruise for that matter even the Dis Podcast cruises but this made me change my mind! Contemplating doing one now just because of this video!

Everyone looked so happy and it looked like a lot of fun!
so join us for the Dis Cruise 1.0 on the Oasis of the seas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-19-2012, 11:42 AM   #17
LionKingRules84
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyholic family View Post
so join us for the Dis Cruise 1.0 on the Oasis of the seas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's actually been in the back of my mind since I could probably afford RC over DCL. It's the only podcast cruise so far where the price tag isn't scaring me away. I do have a bunch of irrational fears of cruise ships(I've seen Titanic too many times) though plus I feel I might be bored on them. I know that sounds nit picky but I'm not a relax in a pool all day type person.

CR 1986
CBR October 1991
CBR October 1994
CSR September 2007 13 years is much too long trip report!
DIS Unplugged Exclusive Knights and Lights ABD October 2012
Swan August 2013 & DIS Cruise 1.0 on RCCL Oasis
LionKingRules84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:57 AM   #18
dmwang9
Agent P's sidekick-in-training

Quote:
It's actually been in the back of my mind since I could probably afford RC over DCL. It's the only podcast cruise so far where the price tag isn't scaring me away. I do have a bunch of irrational fears of cruise ships(I've seen Titanic too many times) though plus I feel I might be bored on them. I know that sounds nit picky but I'm not a relax in a pool all day type person.
I'm not a relax in a pool all day person either, so I shared your concern before my first cruise (Disney Dream in summer 2011). For me, it turned out to not be an issue at all. In between eating (during and between meals ), exploring the ship on my own, doing activities on board (tours, classes, presentations, etc.), shore excursions, the Midship Detective agency, eating (oh, did I say that already?), the nightly shows, the movies, meeting new friends, eating (OK, who am I kidding here?), and of course resting up from all of the above, I never found myself twitchy for stuff to do. Of course, DisCruise 1.0 is on a different cruise line, so some of the activities will differ, but from what I can tell, the RC ships offer just as much, if not more, in the way of entertainment and activities.

DLR: off site (8/74), GC (2/01), DLH (10/07, Gay Days Anaheim), VGC (3/13), off site (12/13), off site (2/14)
WDW: Swan (7/03, Nimbus), CR (8/06), Dolphin (8/07), Swan (6/08), Swan (6/09), BWV (7/10), BWV (7/11), BWV (6/12), SSR (6/13), BWV (3/14, Flower and Garden)
Universal: Royal Pacific (7/10, Infinitus), Portofino Bay (7/12, Ascendio)
Cruises: Dream (7/11, 4 night Bahamas), Dream (6/12, PCC 3.0, 5 night Bahamas), Fantasy (6/13, 7 night W Caribbean)
ABD: DIS Backstage Magic (7/14)

Upcoming trips: DL Half Marathon (Aug 29-Sep 1, 2014), AKV (Oct 27-31, 2014)
dmwang9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 12:32 PM   #19
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me
i cannot wear anything between my toes

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmwang9 View Post
I'm not a relax in a pool all day person either, so I shared your concern before my first cruise (Disney Dream in summer 2011). For me, it turned out to not be an issue at all. In between eating (during and between meals ), exploring the ship on my own, doing activities on board (tours, classes, presentations, etc.), shore excursions, the Midship Detective agency, eating (oh, did I say that already?), the nightly shows, the movies, meeting new friends, eating (OK, who am I kidding here?), and of course resting up from all of the above, I never found myself twitchy for stuff to do. Of course, DisCruise 1.0 is on a different cruise line, so some of the activities will differ, but from what I can tell, the RC ships offer just as much, if not more, in the way of entertainment and activities.
Quote:
the oasis of the seas offers a zillion times more activities than the Dream - 7 days won't be enough for us to even scratch the surface of activities...and add to that the disers that we'll want to chat the day away with...7 days will seem like the blink of an eye!!!

and i'm also not a lie by the pool sort of person....i never ever ever ever do that....i love to be active....the more activities the better..

as for titanic....well....i was the same way before my first cruise...but once i was on board the first time, i never thought about it again...
though i always do try on my lifevest and i pay close attention during the muster drill......
RCCL does have a very good safety record......and the oasis has been sailing around for a while, so it's not as if it's the maiden voyage on an untested ship...

oh please do come with us!!!
Old 08-19-2012, 07:57 PM   #20
disneydad78
DDC #106
More important its about having some FUN!
We just LOVE its a small world!!;)

loved it!!
DISDADS member #106
(DD 16)(DS 12)(DS 8)(DW 32)(ME 35)
OffSite ('92) OffSite ('05) BonnetCreek ('07) BonnetCreek ('08) POR ('09) POR ('10) POR MVMCP ('11) POR MVMCP ('12) upcoming POR MNSSHP ('13)
disneydad78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 08:20 PM   #21
wdwscout

DIS Veteran

Fabulous job Dustin!

We had a blast on the cruise- and this is a fun way to relive the memories!
(and it was a thrill to see our decorated door featured in your shots!! )

We can't wait to see everyone on PCC 4.0!

wdwscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:14 PM   #22
LionKingRules84
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyholic family View Post
the oasis of the seas offers a zillion times more activities than the Dream - 7 days won't be enough for us to even scratch the surface of activities...and add to that the disers that we'll want to chat the day away with...7 days will seem like the blink of an eye!!!

and i'm also not a lie by the pool sort of person....i never ever ever ever do that....i love to be active....the more activities the better..

as for titanic....well....i was the same way before my first cruise...but once i was on board the first time, i never thought about it again...
though i always do try on my lifevest and i pay close attention during the muster drill......
RCCL does have a very good safety record......and the oasis has been sailing around for a while, so it's not as if it's the maiden voyage on an untested ship...

oh please do come with us!!!
Well I got my husband on board thinking about it. I can't yet make a final decision till probably around Thanksgiving(at the earliest after my upcoming trip to Europe). If there is still room for me by then and the trip hasn't increased to a point I can't afford I might actually be able to go! I'm even considering a stay at Universal either before or after the cruise if I play my cards right. I have been wanting to do Harry Potter since it opened and 2 days should be more than enough to experience that and other things they have added.

Still up in the air on it by much closer to yes than before.

CR 1986
CBR October 1991
CBR October 1994
CSR September 2007 13 years is much too long trip report!
DIS Unplugged Exclusive Knights and Lights ABD October 2012
Swan August 2013 & DIS Cruise 1.0 on RCCL Oasis
LionKingRules84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: