Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2012, 02:07 PM   #1
maekeith
Earning My Ears

change of plans

Please excuse me if this same post winds up repeated on some other forum, I can't find the original anywhere. Must have done something wrong, so here goes once again.

We were originally booked into the Wyndham Bonnet Creek(timeshare). I was very happy with our choice until I found out that the height requirement for the pirate slide is 48 inches. For my 6 year old granddaughters enjoyment we have now decided to stay at The Fountains. The reviews were good and I am satisfied that she will enjoy the pool area.

It has caused some concern for us though because of the lack of shuttle service. We may now have to rent a car or cough up for taxis. I know that we can take the I-trolley to Seaworld and also walk to buy a few groceries for the condo. Universal, DTD, and the Disney parks may be better with a vehicle. My question is...how difficult is it to drive in and around the Orlando area. I am probably being a little paranoid here just because our granddaughter will be with us. Just looking for some advice/reassurance. lol Thank you.
maekeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 01:45 AM   #2
4mykidz127
Earning My Ears

We just got back a few weeks ago and we found out while we were there about the height requirement. I have to say that my son was disappointed at first but they have another slide that the kids really enjoyed that doesn't have a height requirement. Also, the line was so long for the pirate ship that my daughter only did it once. They have two lazy rivers that more than made up for not getting to use the pirate slide and that is where my kids spent most of their pool time. I know that this doesn't answer your question but just thought that I would share my experience. I hope you have a great trip!
4mykidz127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 02:33 AM   #3
maekeith
Earning My Ears

change of plans

Oh my gosh....I called and cancelled my reservation today. I am now booked into The Fountains. I guess I should have waited longer for some answers to my post. I think I will call the agency tomorrow and see if I can rebook. Thank you for that info.
maekeith is offline   Reply With Quote