DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2012, 01:01 PM   #1
Idreamodisney247
Mouseketeer

Best Christmas Resort Memories

Am so torn about which resort I should spend my very first Christmas as a DVC Owner. My family is comprised of non believers and I want to help give them aan experience they will never forget. I own at Saratoga Springs but presently have a reservation for a lake view studio at BLT for 6 days. .I just don't know if I should get a 1 bedroom for less days somewhere else. I really want to stay under my yearly points of 145 pts if I could.

I would love to hear Some of your favorite Christmas Resort memories.

Thank You!
Old 08-17-2012, 01:08 PM   #2
jekjones1558
Always happy at Disney

I think you should check availability first. No use getting excited about a particular resort only to find that it is full. Let us know the options (it could change by the time you try to book). Then we can comment on your possible choices.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-17-2012, 01:12 PM   #3
chalee94
I thought all sand was ground up rocks
He's used to walking n00bies

yeah, december in general is the MOST busy for DVC bookings.

maybe something is still available at SSR (possibly OKW or AKV-kidani) as those are the larger DVC resorts...but you won't find much available on short notice like this...

i'd probably stick with the lake view studio although it may be a bit small.

chalee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:28 PM   #4
Harlemgirl720
DIS Veteran

December is very busy. I was there this past Christmas. My son and I stayed at Kidani for 3 nights and BLT for 4 nights. I personally loved Kidani more. The decorations and activities were great.

BLT was ok. They do have a tree in the lobby and you can watch wishes on the roof and get a Hot Chocolate at TOTWL.

Its a tough choice but as long as you're in Disney.

Harlemgirl720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:57 PM   #5
Idreamodisney247
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlemgirl720
December is very busy. I was there this past Christmas. My son and I stayed at Kidani for 3 nights and BLT for 4 nights. I personally loved Kidani more. The decorations and activities were great.

BLT was ok. They do have a tree in the lobby and you can watch wishes on the roof and get a Hot Chocolate at TOTWL.

Its a tough choice but as long as you're in Disney.
Thank you all for your help. I just called member services and changed my reservation to a 1 bedroom AKL Kidani savannah view for 3 nights. After MS tried to explain what size family would fit best in a studio at BLT. I guess I didn't remember how small the BLT studio was. I would be bringing DD 22 and DS 18.
Old 08-17-2012, 06:23 PM   #6
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idreamodisney247 View Post
Thank you all for your help. I just called member services and changed my reservation to a 1 bedroom AKL Kidani savannah view for 3 nights. After MS tried to explain what size family would fit best in a studio at BLT. I guess I didn't remember how small the BLT studio was. I would be bringing DD 22 and DS 18.
Three adults in a BLT studio could have been nightmarish because of the small size.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:30 PM   #7
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Enjoy your savannah view at Kidani! I'm surprised it was available!

bobbiwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 07:16 PM   #8
Bell30012
DIS Veteran

We spent Christmas 2010 staying in DVC resorts. We had to do a split stay because we couldn't get enough days at one resort. We stayed AKL followed by Saratoga Springs and finally Old Key West. It was awesome!
Old 08-17-2012, 08:10 PM   #9
Idreamodisney247
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell30012
We spent Christmas 2010 staying in DVC resorts. We had to do a split stay because we couldn't get enough days at one resort. We stayed AKL followed by Saratoga Springs and finally Old Key West. It was awesome!
I would love to hear what made each place special that Christmas.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:13 PM   #10
Idreamodisney247
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill

Three adults in a BLT studio could have been nightmarish because of the small size.
I' glad I changed it then, because we're going to be Four adults. Lol
Old 08-17-2012, 08:14 PM   #11
Idreamodisney247
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz
Enjoy your savannah view at Kidani! I'm surprised it was available!
So was I!
Old 08-18-2012, 08:16 AM   #12
Bell30012
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idreamodisney247 View Post
I would love to hear what made each place special that Christmas.
I'm glad you asked. At Animal Kingdom Lodge, it was our first visit to the resort. The magnificence of the place was huge with us. They had a Christmas Tree fitting in with all the other African decorations. Santa Goofy was in the atrium.

Truthfully, Saratoga Springs and Old Key West had a Christmas Tree in the lobby and decorations but the AKL was more impressive. What made OKW special was the manager. We checked out of SSR and drove over to OKW for our last four days at WDW. However, when we got there we found even though we had a confirmation number there was no room at the inn. It turns out that some people overstay their reservations and Disney is too nice to kick them out but that was another thread. After we weren't happy about the first two suggestions the manager gave us a one bedroom with no additional points. Christmas Spirit!

Old 08-18-2012, 10:20 AM   #13
Idreamodisney247
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell30012

I'm glad you asked. At Animal Kingdom Lodge, it was our first visit to the resort. The magnificence of the place was huge with us. They had a Christmas Tree fitting in with all the other African decorations. Santa Goofy was in the atrium.

Truthfully, Saratoga Springs and Old Key West had a Christmas Tree in the lobby and decorations but the AKL was more impressive. What made OKW special was the manager. We checked out of SSR and drove over to OKW for our last four days at WDW. However, when we got there we found even though we had a confirmation number there was no room at the inn. It turns out that some people overstay their reservations and Disney is too nice to kick them out but that was another thread. After we weren't happy about the first two suggestions the manager gave us a one bedroom with no additional points. Christmas Spirit!
Thank you for sharing. The manager Definitely had Christmas Spirit! I can see how his gesture helped you to round off a wonderful trip.
Just out of curiosity? How difficult is it to change multiple resorts during one stay? I generally do not rent a car and want to know how feasible it is.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:27 AM   #14
jade1
If your lucky enough to live on the lake, your lucky enough.

Congrats on the 1BR, XMAS is a great time to visit WDW.

Defenition of "Best Christmas Resort" is different for everyone IMO.

For us its WDW at XMAS, and the resort can enhance the stay in different ways. We also enjoy the MK the most at XMAS, as it is extra magical with the decor, extra shows and the snow at night on Main.

Having that in our "backyard" and an 8 minute walk from BLT put our stay way over the top. Especially with MK View so high up in the air.

BLT itself was limited in XMAS decor, but the wall of glass in our room made up for it. Sitting on the balcony hearing the MK train and watching the monorail deliver guests to the premier spot in WDW put us right in the middle of it all.

The walk from BLT to the MK entrance is the same as walking the hall from one end of AKV to the other, can that be? According to G Earth anyway.

So the walk back to the room after Wishes or for a break with FP's in our pocket was worth a lot.

Old 08-18-2012, 11:34 AM   #15
Idreamodisney247
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade1

Having that in our "backyard" and an 8 minute walk from BLT put our stay way over the top. Especially with MK View so high up in the air.

BLT itself was limited in XMAS decor, but the wall of glass in our room made up for it. Sitting on the balcony hearing the MK train and watching the monorail deliver guests to the premier spot in WDW put us right in the middle of it all.

The walk from BLT to the MK entrance is the same as walking the hall from one end of AKV to the other, can that be? According to G Earth anyway.

So the walk back to the room after Wishes or for a break with FP's in our pocket was worth a lot.
Wow, what a beautiful view you had. What type of room were you staying in?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: