Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2013, 12:41 PM   #916
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Wow! I came over to catch up and find all those wonderful pics of GCV! I might be going out to DL next year (it is my home park but haven't been since 1996). We are booked at GC with a great group rate. I was pretty excited at the thought of getting back to DL, but your photos of the resort have me excited to stay at GC - I'll have to go find some pics of the other side.

Your balcony was great - what is WoC that you'd like a view of it next time? CA wasn't open on my last visit...I'd not quite forgiven Disney for adding an entire new park until I heard about Cars Land - brings back memories of trips along RT 66 as a kid. It looks like so much fun!

Oh.my.gosh. Look at the entrance line! Was it as many people as it appears? It looks like guests from everywhere decided that was the entrance to use. Assume resort IDs are checked?

Have some free time for a bit - want to go back and finish up the first part of your TR.

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:21 PM   #917
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Pat, please forgive me. I have NO idea how I got so far behind on your updates. When I caught up last week, I thought I got everyone. I hope you'll still like me.

What beautiful photos of the fireworks, the hotel, the spa, etc.

The pool looks absolutely lovely (but considering our weather very chilly to me ).

I promise to do a better job of keeping up....well at least until I leave in 12 days.
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-25-2013, 09:30 PM   #918
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Nice resort pics! Makes me miss GC. I did love their pool area, but I was not blown away by the service, either. One of our guys ended up walking over another bar somewhere and getting us all drinks because we didn't get served. Then when we all had a drink in hand, they came around to see if we wanted seconds. The kids enjoyed the water slide there, too!
I never made it closer to the water slide. Next time !!!

It was funny, It took forever for someone to come around and then forever and a day for him to come back. I was going to go to the bar and just get one anyway. Then watch his reaction when he finally comes back from the bar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post

Wow - huge line to get in for EMH. I don't remember seeing it that busy - I was thinking I wouldn't wait for that, I'd go out through DTD and back to the front (kind of like Back To the Future ) But then I remembered with CL and RS it is probably pretty crowded at the front, too.
That last day the line looked insane. The other couple of days I used that entrance it was not too bad. I lined up early of course, like 30 minutes but it was fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyFan1515 View Post
Doesn't look like any real special themeing at the pool, but I would love to try out that slide!

Pretty big crowds trying to get in a couple of mornings it seems. Looks like you ate a lot of really good food at breakfast. That bacon looks really good compared to what you usually get that is way underdone at times. I tend to cook my bacon more crispy lately myself.
Only the morning I was leaving. The other mornings it was tolerable.

I think I ate in line from Whitewater snacks once before but this time I sat down. I was shocked at how much bacon I got and how it was cooked perfectly for me. Crispy

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Oh Pat that Hot Tub looks like what I need right now !!Tough Day and WNY winter hanging on !! Word is that Spring like weather is coming before Easter and I am READY!!!!

It got really cold here and I DON'T LIKE IT.

Right now I could use a hot tub and a drink with an umbrella in it. Too busy around here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
I really should look at a map of GC - how many pools are there?

So when they finally did open the flood gates, I mean turnstiles, did that line move quickly?
I think there were 3 pools and maybe some kiddie pools and spas. They are all in the courtyard and close to each other.

Once the turnstiles were activated the line moved pretty quick. I think all the tickets have barcodes so no inserting and finger check. Just scan and go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Your Grand Californian pictures are wonderful!! I want to go to Disneyland sooo much, but somehow I am just not able to plan a trip there (well, I could have this spring, but I guess I wanted to go on a Disney cruise even more... ).

But looking at your pictures convinced me that I just have to try my best to schedule it finally!
Put DL on the list. Hey a cruise is a good reason to have it put on hold for a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Everything around the resort is just gorgeous. I love the theming, even in the counter service restaurant.
That line! Holy cow!
The resort was beautiful. Would not hesitate to stay there again. Now that I know the lay of the land.

The line that morning was insane. Other mornings not so much....maybe because that was regular park open and magic morning hours???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Well, your pictures prove that I definitely would love to stay in the GC someday. Even with the crazy lines into the park!
Oh yes it is a must- put it on the bucket list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Wow! I came over to catch up and find all those wonderful pics of GCV! I might be going out to DL next year (it is my home park but haven't been since 1996). We are booked at GC with a great group rate. I was pretty excited at the thought of getting back to DL, but your photos of the resort have me excited to stay at GC - I'll have to go find some pics of the other side.
It really was a beautiful resort. Everything is so close but you don't feel real crowded with that.

Quote:
Your balcony was great - what is WoC that you'd like a view of it next time? CA wasn't open on my last visit...I'd not quite forgiven Disney for adding an entire new park until I heard about Cars Land - brings back memories of trips along RT 66 as a kid. It looks like so much fun!

WoC= World of Color the nighttime show - so Beautiful

Carsland is really great too. Makes you feel like you jumped in the movie.

Quote:
Oh.my.gosh. Look at the entrance line! Was it as many people as it appears? It looks like guests from everywhere decided that was the entrance to use. Assume resort IDs are checked?

Have some free time for a bit - want to go back and finish up the first part of your TR.
It was pretty crowded. It may have been regular park opening time instead of the Magic mornings that were going on the previous days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Pat, please forgive me. I have NO idea how I got so far behind on your updates. When I caught up last week, I thought I got everyone. I hope you'll still like me.

What beautiful photos of the fireworks, the hotel, the spa, etc.

The pool looks absolutely lovely (but considering our weather very chilly to me ).

I promise to do a better job of keeping up....well at least until I leave in 12 days.
You have been one busy lady!!! No worries - what I have now is pretty much a picture album of DL and CA.

Kathy I will always like you- You are a mother of the groom and a stand in mother of the bride it seems and with a wedding so soon and a 2 trips inbetween I don't know how you do it. I am stuggling to keep up around the DIS and keep this thread moving forward, slowly but forward.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV MT- POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:12 AM   #919
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

that is nice that you have that entrance to the parks, makes those afternoon breaks really nice and easy to get to.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
FauntleroyFAN07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:07 AM   #920
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07
that is nice that you have that entrance to the parks, makes those afternoon breaks really nice and easy to get to.
That entrance makes it so special. I believe it is as close to staying IN the park as you can get. I think I have it written down how long it took to get from the park to the room and back. I will need to check but not even BCV or CR are that close.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV MT- POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Old 03-27-2013, 07:20 AM   #921
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
That entrance makes it so special. I believe it is as close to staying IN the park as you can get. I think I have it written down how long it took to get from the park to the room and back. I will need to check but not even BCV or CR are that close.

That is amazing!! This into CA, right? How do guests get to the MK?

Way back before there was a walkway from CR to the MK we would sometimes walk through the grass - not knowing about the possibility of snakes! Security never stopped us or even said anything to us, but we knew it was not something Disney wanted guests to do. There were no bus stops yet - years before that happened. Only CR, Poly, Golf Resort and Ft Wilderness.

When The Swan and Dophin opened we stayed at an fabulous "travel education rate" for TA's - $42.50 a ngt inc tax...upper floor with balcony looking toward EPCOT - I don't remember if BC/C was completed yet, but there was no boardwalk area at all. Guests could walk to International Gateway or take a tram. It was really fun on the tram going over boardwalk...clickity clack, clickity clack....those were the days. When we did stay at BC, that walk was almost heavenly. Haven't stayed there in years because we're not fans of multiple bus stops in slower seasons.

I digress...sorry! From the photos it looks that guests walk right into the park from the hall? Very cool!

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:38 AM   #922
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Morning Pat!!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:07 AM   #923
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That is amazing!! This into CA, right? How do guests get to the MK?

Way back before there was a walkway from CR to the MK we would sometimes walk through the grass - not knowing about the possibility of snakes! Security never stopped us or even said anything to us, but we knew it was not something Disney wanted guests to do. There were no bus stops yet - years before that happened. Only CR, Poly, Golf Resort and Ft Wilderness.

When The Swan and Dophin opened we stayed at an fabulous "travel education rate" for TA's - $42.50 a ngt inc tax...upper floor with balcony looking toward EPCOT - I don't remember if BC/C was completed yet, but there was no boardwalk area at all. Guests could walk to International Gateway or take a tram. It was really fun on the tram going over boardwalk...clickity clack, clickity clack....those were the days. When we did stay at BC, that walk was almost heavenly. Haven't stayed there in years because we're not fans of multiple bus stops in slower seasons.

I digress...sorry! From the photos it looks that guests walk right into the park from the hall? Very cool!
The whole area is so compact that you can either walk out to DTD and access the "front" of the park or use the "side & private" entrance from GC to get into CA. Turnstiles a short boardwalk bridge and BAM you are standing by Grizzly River Run.

To get to Mk - you just walk to DTD and across the esplande. Fancy way of saying the area between the gates. I know I have pictures of that area too.

I remember the early Boardwalk area but don't ever think I actually took the tram. Everytime I walk by the IG entrance I look at the circle that now has no function but used to be for the tram.

I think my first trip we stuck to the monorail and didn't try the grass dash. I was actually surprised in '98 how close it was to walk. We did that instead of hauling in the other direction to the monorail with sleepy kids. That is one of the few time I got told - Good job with insisting on booking on property and at the CR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Morning Pat!!!!
Morning Rosie
Old 03-27-2013, 10:18 AM   #924
GoofyFan1515
Mouseketeer

Quote:
The whole area is so compact that you can either walk out to DTD and access the "front" of the park or use the "side & private" entrance from GC to get into CA. Turnstiles a short boardwalk bridge and BAM you are standing by Grizzly River Run.

To get to Mk - you just walk to DTD and across the esplande. Fancy way of saying the area between the gates. I know I have pictures of that area too.

I remember the early Boardwalk area but don't ever think I actually took the tram. Everytime I walk by the IG entrance I look at the circle that now has no function but used to be for the tram.

I think my first trip we stuck to the monorail and didn't try the grass dash. I was actually surprised in '98 how close it was to walk. We did that instead of hauling in the other direction to the monorail with sleepy kids. That is one of the few time I got told - Good job with insisting on booking on property and at the CR.

Morning Rosie
How long does that take............this short walk from Anaheim to Orlando???
GoofyFan1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:22 AM   #925
MEK
DIS Veteran

So I was wondering why you weren't updating when in actuality you have been posting pictures all along.

OMG - that resort is really amazing. Now I want to stay there more than ever.

That was the view from your balcony (er, I mean Verandah)? REally?

That is one gorgeous resort. Simply stunning!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:24 AM   #926
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyFan1515 View Post
How long does that take............this short walk from Anaheim to Orlando???
i do believe that Mk is MK Orlando or Anaheim. Well it should be anyway....

DL and WDW are synonomous for the property and MK and CA are part of DL as is MK DHS AK EP are part of WDW.

That's my story and I am sticking to it.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:40 AM   #927
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I LOVE this guy...I'm stealing him to use on Marv's TR.
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:01 AM   #928
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

I'm caught up on your photos around the resort Pat. So cool, thanks for documenting it so well and sharing them with us.

Yeah, what's up with them not letting you into the park until 7 or 8 after opening time?
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:14 PM   #929
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I LOVE this guy...I'm stealing him to use on Marv's TR.
Where do yoy find it !!??? That has Marv's name written all over it !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:32 AM   #930
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Those are some crowds, yowza!

Love the pool area but not slow service or scary gates!

I am so torn.

We are possibly adding on. If we add on, I'll have some points to play with and am considering doing a trip with just myself, and each boy.

My parents take each boy on a trip to anywhere in the US when they turn 14 (which means the trip actually happens closer to 15 lol). I am thinking that while one is away, I take the other somewhere for mom and E time.

Of course it would be a Disney trip. Eric would be next spring break and it is possible that if I had the points at 7m, I could get it, as our Spring break is later than most (like 2-3 weeks after easter). But...I'd get more out of my AP if I did FL. But....I plan to go to FL in May with MEK anyways so....

Torn. I'm thinking Cali in a big way.

Not that the boys know we are considering adding on.

eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: