Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2013, 01:50 PM   #886
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Sad to see your other trip come to an end but sooo excited that you started on DL!!! We will be there a week in November so I am anxious to see all your photos. Hoping beyond hope to get part of the time at GCV. It is such a beautiful resort. Reminds me a lot of the WL.

Old 03-11-2013, 05:12 PM   #887
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Thank you SO much for all those gorgeous pics! Everyone keeps telling me what a beautiful resort it is- can't wait to find out for myself in August... It looks great!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-11-2013, 05:24 PM   #888
kylmac
Mouseketeer

I got a studio for the week of Thanksgiving for the 4 of us-it looks quite nice. Would love a 1 bedroom but not enough points and my husband does not want to go into our 2014 balance as we will use those for another trip. So glad you enjoyed the GCV!
Elizabeth
Old 03-11-2013, 07:10 PM   #889
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Very interesting how the perspective changes!

My pictures do not do the place justice. It is huge and intimate all at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy's Wife View Post
I haven't read many trip reports about Disneyland. I can't wait to hear all about it.
Not so much a report but I have many pictures to share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
OH my goodness, what a beautiful resort and room!
Much more beautiful in person. I really want to make a trip back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
I didn't notice the dancing bears on the check-in desk! Love that! What a fun touch.

You were in 4516?

We were in 5516!

You could see the pool if you looked left, right?
I am a little lower to ground than you.... They were under the actual counter, wonder why Henry didn't say anything....

So funny you were a floor above. I did reqest the side 5th floor facing CA and a direct view of WoC but alas I didn't get my request.

I do have pool pictures from the verandah... Coming up next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyFan1515 View Post
Nice update, and again it looks like a great place to stay! Right on top of the action!

And that room looks so inviting and relaxing........although I'm sure with the parks right there you were probably too busy to relax much!

So close yet when in the resort feels so secluded. I was able to make a quick change after I got soaked on Grizzly River run

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
Sad to see your other trip come to an end but sooo excited that you started on DL!!! We will be there a week in November so I am anxious to see all your photos. Hoping beyond hope to get part of the time at GCV. It is such a beautiful resort. Reminds me a lot of the WL.
Great news - You will love DL and CA Crossing my fingers for you to get a room at GCV. It is a lot like WL but with a component that is distinctly different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
Thank you SO much for all those gorgeous pics! Everyone keeps telling me what a beautiful resort it is- can't wait to find out for myself in August... It looks great!
Another person heading west. You will love it. My pictures don't do it justice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylmac View Post
I got a studio for the week of Thanksgiving for the 4 of us-it looks quite nice. Would love a 1 bedroom but not enough points and my husband does not want to go into our 2014 balance as we will use those for another trip. So glad you enjoyed the GCV!
Elizabeth
Glad you are here. There is a thread with a room chart. If you are incline to request a room go high and try for the side where World of Color is shown. Beautiful views.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Old 03-11-2013, 07:30 PM   #890
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

The verandah - day and night

That wall is is how close California adventure is.

Sunrise from verandah

Night from Verandah

World of Color from Verandah

Not fire this time

Now that is fire

POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Old 03-11-2013, 07:32 PM   #891
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Fireworks

Fireworks at DL

Check out - Linens for room clean up in a nice basket.

Old 03-11-2013, 07:38 PM   #892
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

General resort pictures

General Hotel pictures

By the elevators

Garbage can in hallway

Garbage can

Light

Old 03-11-2013, 07:50 PM   #893
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Next time the pools!!!
Old 03-11-2013, 08:13 PM   #894
natebenma
DIS Veteran

It has been awhile, but I'm back now!

I had missed your final tour of AoA- that is one colorful, whimsical resort. A lot of the Pixar movies were the ones my boys watched when they were little, so there is a special place in my heart for The Lion King and Cars (and I love The Little Mermaid)

Wow, just Wow on the Grand California Hotel!!! Very handsome decor, the stained glass doors are spectacular and the views from your room are totally awesome!

I can see why you still haven't left the resort to actually step foot in DL

Now, I have an odd question for you. Do you by any chance have a picture of the public bathroom between the Beach Club and Yacht Club (near where Ariel's bar was)? Someone on the FAQ thread for the resort asked if anyone has a picture because her daughter is considering getting married there. At the resort. Not in the bathroom.

Thx!
Old 03-11-2013, 08:26 PM   #895
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post

Next time the pools!!!
I used to have dreams about these phones - that I really needed to call someone, but there would be no numbers in the circles, and I would have to count each number out to dial. Inevitably, my finger would slip, and I would have to start over. This was a recurring dream. No idea what it meant, but seeing this picture tonight after a long time not seeing one, I am going to blame you if they start back up!

Pretty crazy how close park and resort are, huh?!?!?

Pinocchio's Workshop - a kids' club?
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:16 PM   #896
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
It has been awhile, but I'm back now!

I had missed your final tour of AoA- that is one colorful, whimsical resort. A lot of the Pixar movies were the ones my boys watched when they were little, so there is a special place in my heart for The Lion King and Cars (and I love The Little Mermaid)
I love the Pixar movies and watching my kids watch them. Toy story closely follows My DS in age so it hold a special place. My DD loved DD as a child even though I had to "borrow" a copy sine it was not available at the time

Quote:
Wow, just Wow on the Grand California Hotel!!! Very handsome decor, the stained glass doors are spectacular and the views from your room are totally awesome!

I can see why you still haven't left the resort to actually step foot in DL
It is a beautiful resort.

I lumped all my pictures together rather thatn day by day so you will get them in large chunks. Most of the resort pictures were taken the last morning while waiting for the airport shuttle.

Quote:
Now, I have an odd question for you. Do you by any chance have a picture of the public bathroom between the Beach Club and Yacht Club (near where Ariel's bar was)? Someone on the FAQ thread for the resort asked if anyone has a picture because her daughter is considering getting married there. At the resort. Not in the bathroom.

Thx!

I do.... I need to find it but I do. Probably the last update or so of this report actually. Now if I can get PB to cooperate once I do I can post them.

And to the clarification of where she is getting married.

this one ?

This may be the inside to that one or the one by Cape May...not too sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
I used to have dreams about these phones - that I really needed to call someone, but there would be no numbers in the circles, and I would have to count each number out to dial. Inevitably, my finger would slip, and I would have to start over. This was a recurring dream. No idea what it meant, but seeing this picture tonight after a long time not seeing one, I am going to blame you if they start back up!
That is a nightmare. I do remember those and if your finger slipped you had to start over...

When I was working afterschool- I brought a kid up to the office to call his mother and the office had a rotarty dial and he just looked at it and said
"What do I do with that?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Pretty crazy how close park and resort are, huh?!?!?

Pinocchio's Workshop - a kids' club?
So close.... almost too close at times. The sight lines remind you that around the bend there is more.

Pinocchio's - I believe, yes, a kids club.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:39 AM   #897
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post

I do.... I need to find it but I do. Probably the last update or so of this report actually. Now if I can get PB to cooperate once I do I can post them.

And to the clarification of where she is getting married.

this one ?

This may be the inside to that one or the one by Cape May...not too sure.
Thank you so much for taking the time to post those pictures! I have posted them over on the BC/YC FAQ and I'll let you know when we hear from the mother of the bride.

Old 03-12-2013, 05:33 PM   #898
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

Wow that is great how close you were to CA. Love that you could see some of World of Color right from your veranda!!
Old 03-12-2013, 09:12 PM   #899
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Totally OT but I had dinner at Panera tonight and I looked over and Missy Franklin and her mom were sitting on the other side of the dining room. Man, she is TALL! I thought Pat might appreciate the sighting.

Jill in CO
Old 03-13-2013, 06:25 AM   #900
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Just following up with the thank you from the mother of the bride!

Quote:
I'm not sure, and the person who provided the pictures, is not positive that it is the restroom you are talking about, but these are definitely at either the Yacht or Beach Club.

Perhaps someone here knows.

We still have a couple of volunteers visiting in the next month or so who can confirm, or take additional pictures if needed.

Let us know.

DISers rock!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaSRN62 View Post
YES they do ROCK !
Thank you SO MUCH natebenma & poolrat !
If these are the ones, it would be the middle photo. She is looking at Ariel's for the reception (not the bathroom ! ).....and we are being told that wedding guests will have to use the lobby restrooms in between Cape May and Ariel's. These would be the ones off the walkway/corridor that leads to the YC. So I'm not 100% sure these are the ones but close enough unless someone can confirm for sure in an upcoming trip to BC maybe ? Just want to see what the guests will be using. Thanks so much for following up natebenma !!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: