Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2013, 05:18 AM   #826
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Glad you got to check out Art of Animation. I love the bright colors and the newness/cleanliness of everything. We have eaten breakfast there several times already, too, and Jill brags on the omelets.

As always, I enjoyed the pictures and stories of this report. Thanks for sharing!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:13 AM   #827
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Great report! I can't wait t hear about DL!

Jill in CO
Register to remove

Old 02-17-2013, 09:15 AM   #828
jillyb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Maybe before Photobucket does tthe final switchover .... I have what 15 days?
What you talkin' bout Willis?

June 2008 @ Pop Century
Thanksgiving 2010 @ Pop Century

Will We Stay or Will We Go - Thanksgiving Pre Trip/Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2413919

It's Going to be a Capitol Vacation! Washington, D.C. August 13-18, 2009 Pre-Trip/Trip Report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post32476006
Old 02-17-2013, 09:25 AM   #829
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncw89 View Post
Well, I pretty much missed this TR....maybe I will scan through the pics sometime. AoA looks like a fun place. I might have to go check it out sometime.

Can't wait to here about DL!!! We are hoping to go there this summer!! How many nights/ days would you recommend? We are booked for 4 (1 @GCV and 3 @GCH). Then we are thinking about staying somewhere offsite and exploring LA, Hollywood, etc. Got any suggestions?

Brook's report is great for tips on venturing off property. I stayed at GCV and never left. I had 3 full days and 2 partials. I think I was able to see most of what was there but of course finding your way around and being a bit disorientated was different. Summertime will also have larger crowds and longer operating hours.

Hopefully I can have some tips for you. I am planning on having this a quick one. . My goal will be to be done by May.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
So sad to see your Trip come to an end! Nice pics of AoA. Hope to hear more about your future trips.
All trip have to end right? I hate that they do but if they never did then we could not look forward to the next one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Glad you got to check out Art of Animation. I love the bright colors and the newness/cleanliness of everything. We have eaten breakfast there several times already, too, and Jill brags on the omelets.

As always, I enjoyed the pictures and stories of this report. Thanks for sharing!
I was walking aruond AoA with my mouth gaping wide open. So beautiful and yes the newness was neat too. I got more pictures of all the different sections in Oct.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Old 02-17-2013, 09:28 AM   #830
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Good morning Pat !! I loved the theming at AoA, but the single rooms are so far from the main hall and I was not a fan of their foodcourt, I guess I am just a POP girl at heart !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 02-17-2013, 09:28 AM   #831
GoofyFan1515
DIS Veteran

Loved the update from AoA, and all the pictures! It was great to see it!!!

Hard to believe this trip is over. So sad to see it end, but good to hear another trip was right around the corner. That always helps to ease the pain of a Disney trip ending, horrible OR wonderful!!!
Old 02-17-2013, 11:00 AM   #832
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Good morning Pat !! I loved the theming at AoA, but the single rooms are so far from the main hall and I was not a fan of their foodcourt, I guess I am just a POP girl at heart !!!

I guesss since the single rooms are about as far away as the 80 and 90's section it might feel that way. Th only other thing I do not like is how the buildings are so flat. No balconies just tiny windows. You get interior hallways with the family suites but I alwys like to see the "view".

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyFan1515 View Post
Loved the update from AoA, and all the pictures! It was great to see it!!!

Hard to believe this trip is over. So sad to see it end, but good to hear another trip was right around the corner. That always helps to ease the pain of a Disney trip ending, horrible OR wonderful!!!
Hopefully today at work I get the Disneyland pictures organized. It will be very picture heavy, more than this trip..... if that is possible.
DL is very new yet very familiar with a twist. I am sure you will think so too.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back

Last edited by Poolrat; 02-18-2013 at 04:47 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:08 PM   #833
MEK
DIS Veteran

I really enjoyed your TR! Thanks for posting those last pictures of AoA! That resort is just so cool. I really want to stay there some day.

Looking forward to reading about your next trip. Are you doing an October TR and another one?

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 02-18-2013, 03:24 PM   #834
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Great TR! And...good luck on photobucket. You can stall it all 15 days if you don't try to use the editor or organizer I think but they are non functional now in the "old" version. Sigh.

I'm going to keep fighting with it for the moment. Mainly as I'd already uploaded all of the last 2 trips photos and don't want to redo it. 've still got 50% storage left on my pro account and didn't renew all that long ago. I may move over to Flickr though after these 2 trips are done, I need to see what the implications of not renewing my pro account on PB is though, we will see.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:12 AM   #835
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

How did I miss this TR??? I followed along on your last one. Well lots of reading & catching up for me this weekend!
Old 02-22-2013, 08:23 AM   #836
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

You're not so horrible trip is over. I enjoyed seeing things from your perspective as a single rider! I think you made up for your appalling lack of pictures in your last update! Thanks for the tour! It is great to have DVC and know you'll be back!
Old 02-22-2013, 08:47 AM   #837
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Wonderful TR!
Old 02-23-2013, 07:04 AM   #838
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Great wrap up Pat. I loved that you stopped at AoA too on your way out. It is really an eat place to check out. We stayed 3 nights and we were so busy, that even staying there it was hard to take in everything there.

Be sure to post a link here to your new TR so I can catch that one too!
Old 02-23-2013, 07:08 AM   #839
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

LOVE the AoA pics, really bringing back memories! I really really enjoyed that resort. Glad you got to go check it out.
I've really enjoyed reading along with your Trip Report. Thank you for sharing your (very much NOT) horrible trip with us!
Old 02-26-2013, 06:00 PM   #840
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I really enjoyed your TR! Thanks for posting those last pictures of AoA! That resort is just so cool. I really want to stay there some day.

Looking forward to reading about your next trip. Are you doing an October TR and another one?
Thanks AoA was really neat. It was cool to see how themed resorts have "evolved" having POP side by side with AoA. It really looked like they made Aoa easier to "update" since most of the themeing coupld be swapped out pretty easily.

I think between Rosie's and your TR I have most of my trip covered.

Disneyland is next.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Great TR! And...good luck on photobucket. You can stall it all 15 days if you don't try to use the editor or organizer I think but they are non functional now in the "old" version. Sigh.

I'm going to keep fighting with it for the moment. Mainly as I'd already uploaded all of the last 2 trips photos and don't want to redo it. 've still got 50% storage left on my pro account and didn't renew all that long ago. I may move over to Flickr though after these 2 trips are done, I need to see what the implications of not renewing my pro account on PB is though, we will see.
PB is now telling me March 18th. Not sure what I will do when the transition is final. I can't edit but I can go in and organize by date. Somehow mine were not in order or in reverse order or something. I was able to fix it but I decided to go by categories, resort DL and CA. so I had to do my own reorganization since I had it by day like I normally do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan61 View Post
How did I miss this TR??? I followed along on your last one. Well lots of reading & catching up for me this weekend!

Glad you made it over. I guess I should send out a bat signal.... Sorry I feel like I have been absent on my own TR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
You're not so horrible trip is over. I enjoyed seeing things from your perspective as a single rider! I think you made up for your appalling lack of pictures in your last update! Thanks for the tour! It is great to have DVC and know you'll be back!
DVC is wonderful. I had an amazing time as always but this trip was different, very easy, very relaxing. Words I thought I would never utter on a DIsney trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Wonderful TR!
:welcome

Glad you enjoyed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Great wrap up Pat. I loved that you stopped at AoA too on your way out. It is really an eat place to check out. We stayed 3 nights and we were so busy, that even staying there it was hard to take in everything there.

Be sure to post a link here to your new TR so I can catch that one too!
Thanks. I wished I had more time but it was hot and I really had to hit the road. I made up for it in one of the next trips.

I think I might continue here. Plenty of room and DL will be mostly pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
LOVE the AoA pics, really bringing back memories! I really really enjoyed that resort. Glad you got to go check it out.
I've really enjoyed reading along with your Trip Report. Thank you for sharing your (very much NOT) horrible trip with us!

AoA was really neat. It was nice to see how themed resorts have "evolved" from POP to AoA.

I mean a trip with no snit..... that one was sooooo different.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: