Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2013, 09:14 PM   #811
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

I can't believe how close my "TRIPS" are to starting !!! Less than 2 months and we will be in Orlando, even if not Disney !!I somehow feel WRONG being in Orlando and nor in Disney!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 02-13-2013, 09:31 PM   #812
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
I can't believe how close my "TRIPS" are to starting !!! Less than 2 months and we will be in Orlando, even if not Disney !!I somehow feel WRONG being in Orlando and nor in Disney!!!
I totally get that!! Heck, I don't even like going to Florida without a stop at WDW! We had a cruise out of Miami one year and "decided" it was cheaper to fly in and out of Orlando, so we booked two nights at POR, rented a car and drove to Miami for the cruise and back. Yeah, that was cheaper!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2013, 09:55 PM   #813
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quinoa is a lot like couscous in many ways, it can be quite good...or very boring! I make it now and then.

NOT horrible at all. In fact quite the opposite. The importance of learning how to just "be".

I found Cape May to be just ok but honestly the items on the menu you posted sound far more interesting than what I recall seeing there when we went. Go figure.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:34 AM   #814
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
What a terrible, horrible trip! And you've done a fine job of reporting on it! No worries, we've all seen all the sites, it's fun to see some of the smaller details
that you've captured.

I really like those heels! They are fun! But at Disney?! Ouch!
It IS all about those tiny details that makes Disney special to all of us.

Those heel are fun but I could never justify a pair- I would need to wear them often to justify them and well I just don't have too many things to go with zebra stripes.

At Disney - nuh uh comfy shoes or sandals all the way.

Quote:
Only once in the last few years have I been in Orlando and not visited Disney. I had a conference and if it were not for a torrential rain the one night I had free I would have made it to Disney Property.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
I totally get that!! Heck, I don't even like going to Florida without a stop at WDW! We had a cruise out of Miami one year and "decided" it was cheaper to fly in and out of Orlando, so we booked two nights at POR, rented a car and drove to Miami for the cruise and back. Yeah, that was cheaper!
That fuzzy Disney math for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Quinoa is a lot like couscous in many ways, it can be quite good...or very boring! I make it now and then.

NOT horrible at all. In fact quite the opposite. The importance of learning how to just "be".

I found Cape May to be just ok but honestly the items on the menu you posted sound far more interesting than what I recall seeing there when we went. Go figure.

I always struggle with new things because I have no idea how my body will react. Especially things termed as superfoods.
My guess is those items irritate your immune system and in most people boost it. In my case it is like poking a bear with a stick and my body's reaction is more of a roar back.

I think I finally learned to "be" and not worry if I do all and see all. Most of it will still be there.

Funny I looked at my picture of the sstuffed french toast but do not remember trying it.

All I can verify is that I had bacon and waffles.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Old 02-16-2013, 07:24 PM   #815
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Last stop

This is it. The car is packed and I am head towards the backside of the arch. But I have a stop to make. A place I meant to get to all trip but never made it.

Newly opened ( and now fully Opened) but who can leave Disney Property without stopping by?

Covered bus stops.

Entrance

Of course I had to check out the bathroom here.
I think this was to alert everyone of single ply in the lobby bathroom.

Onward and forward ....
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Old 02-16-2013, 07:29 PM   #816
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Off to look around in the food court.

Cars section

But I would have to finish the tour the next time- for me October, since it was really getting late and I had to get on the road.

I point North and the ride pretty uneventful except for Jacksonville. Home of Dr. V.

It seems and I do have further evidence that odd things are in Jacksonville. Have no idea why but it is.

This time, on 95 and going around a curve and under another major road. I see a Hwy patrol just standing beside his car on the left shoulder.

Right after my car passes, HE WALKS OUT ONTO THE ROAD.

Looking back he PULLS OVER THE CAR BEHIND ME.

The rest of the ride in comparison was uneventful.

Can’t remember if I mentioned this when it happened but during the first few days, the kids called and texted me to tell me the neighbors tree fell during a storm. The good news was it hit nothing on our side of the street besides being across the street.

So I pull in the driveway and see this. Well actually took the next day since it would have been dark right when I got home.

Last Thoughts
Like I said before, this was a different trip all together. This was the first time I really felt like I slowed down and enjoyed being at Disney.

Wait that really sounds horrible…

I was able to enjoy myself, not really overdo it, and know I will be back if I miss anything.

This was the most relaxing Disney Trip I have ever had. There that is better.

Also having several trips since and many before I can honestly say …..

I like having the car.

I will admit you have to think more when driving versus taking Disney Transportation but beside the occasionally misplaced car, and staying at a resort where I only had to drive to 2 parks, I think I did pretty well.

Overall Driving to DTD was the best. Don’t have to worry about bad bus service from there when I drive.

Now onto my next adventure of sorts. Disneyland.

Maybe before Photobucket does tthe final switchover .... I have what 15 days?
Can't wait to go back
Old 02-16-2013, 07:30 PM   #817
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

That's so funny that you went to AofA! I had planned to make a stop over there in October for a little tour, and DID NOT make it! (My version of a horrible trip I guess!)

It looks just awesome though - next time for sure! I hear the food court is really good. But only one-ply? Hmm, might skip using that restroom!

ETA - okay, I must have posted in between your two.
I like your wrap up - nice to be relaxed, isn't it? I'm working on that - it's harder with the 2 kids! I appreciate having the car too - if we're not staying somewhere I can take a boat to DTD, I would rather drive.

Bummer about your neighbor's tree, but glad it didn't hit anything "important".

I'd love to hear about your DL trip too!!
Old 02-16-2013, 08:08 PM   #818
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

well that was a great report and i'll be looking forward to the next one for sure!

Old 02-16-2013, 09:13 PM   #819
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

I enjoyed your TR, you had a lot of fun by yourself. I would like to go alone sometime or at least leave hubby back in the room.LOL
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Old 02-16-2013, 09:18 PM   #820
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sounds like a money saver to me , weel at least using Fuzzy Disney Math
[/B][/URL]
[
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

Old 02-16-2013, 09:21 PM   #821
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Great Final Thoughts Pat!!!
[/B][/URL]
[

Old 02-16-2013, 09:49 PM   #822
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That's so funny that you went to AofA! I had planned to make a stop over there in October for a little tour, and DID NOT make it! (My version of a horrible trip I guess!)

It looks just awesome though - next time for sure! I hear the food court is really good. But only one-ply? Hmm, might skip using that restroom!

ETA - okay, I must have posted in between your two.
I like your wrap up - nice to be relaxed, isn't it? I'm working on that - it's harder with the 2 kids! I appreciate having the car too - if we're not staying somewhere I can take a boat to DTD, I would rather drive.

Bummer about your neighbor's tree, but glad it didn't hit anything "important".

I'd love to hear about your DL trip too!!
I thought you got right in the middle too since I had trouble getting the last one to "go" but no I got then both in probably as you posted.

I did a more thorough walk through on another trip when I was at POP and it was easy to do.

I was surprised to see the cheap stuff, toilet paper wise in the lobby facilities.

That trip was so different and so special to be that relaxed. Not sure I can duplicate that but I will certainly try.

Need to make it over to AoA, really neat to see it done. Especially since I had been staring at it from POP for years.

Now that mine are grown, I am seeing the advantages to that.

DTD is always a bear for transportation isn't it? Now with the car I just need to learn where to park and be near where I am heading, yet another hurdle.

Yes the neighbors tree hit nothing on the way down and luckily I had a tree taken down that was leaning already or it probably would have come down with it and in the same direction which would have hit the house.

I am glad the kids were home and they showed they are grown up by telling me and basically dealing with it. They may have even stacked the wood for them. Even though we have a chainsaw, the boy is not ready to be using the thing by himself yet.
Can't wait to go back
Old 02-16-2013, 10:08 PM   #823
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
well that was a great report and i'll be looking forward to the next one for sure!
Thanks- not sure if I will tag Disneyland on here or start one new. Disneyland will be very picture heavy and little else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
I enjoyed your TR, you had a lot of fun by yourself. I would like to go alone sometime or at least leave hubby back in the room.LOL

I have become skilled at being a frequent traveler in general. Sometimes when you actually have time to look around without having to chase kids or rush somewhere, you see things. All those little details.

Quote:
Sounds like a money saver to me , weel at least using Fuzzy Disney Math
Fuzzy Disney math at its best.

Quote:
Great Final Thoughts Pat!!!
Thanks Rosie- now off to find Judys.
Can't wait to go back
Old 02-16-2013, 11:34 PM   #824
uncw89
DIS Veteran

Well, I pretty much missed this TR....maybe I will scan through the pics sometime. AoA looks like a fun place. I might have to go check it out sometime.

Can't wait to here about DL!!! We are hoping to go there this summer!! How many nights/ days would you recommend? We are booked for 4 (1 @GCV and 3 @GCH). Then we are thinking about staying somewhere offsite and exploring LA, Hollywood, etc. Got any suggestions?
Old 02-17-2013, 12:02 AM   #825
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

So sad to see your Trip come to an end! Nice pics of AoA. Hope to hear more about your future trips.

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: