Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2013, 12:39 PM   #796
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Aw, you did a fine job telling the story even if you didn't have as many pictures as you'd hoped. And it sounds like it was a very relaxing vacation...that's the goal, right?

Judy has been making quinoa lately. It's kind of like couscous, not bad.

Funny that you said 'stall' after a bathroom picture.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:40 PM   #797
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
From what I remember it was fine. It is pretty standard breakfast buffet fare but if I had to choose a character breakfast I would still go with Crystal Palace. Get Pooh characters and the few times I have been I have always left feeling like I had a good meal.

I am due to go to Crystal palace again. Maybe this year sometime.
I agree !!I love dinner at CP, have not done breakfast yet !!! 1 TS has to be RR in October for Carol!!!!She would never forgive me if no RR!!

Quote:
Yeah but he won't go for a "doggie" picture. I have a feeling he doesn't do silly.
He might surprise us !! I mean he told Patty he had a "BALL"!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2013, 12:57 PM   #798
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

I really enjoyed your vacation! It would have been better if I went along, oh well.

Where did you get that cute dress? It appears to be a Disney dress, am I right?
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Old 02-11-2013, 03:10 PM   #799
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Looks like you snuck a couple of updates in on me when I wasn't looking!

I'm very glad the trip wasn't actually horrible, and that you had that whole DVC Zen thing going.

But I know that last walk out the door is still hard. Someday we'll figure out how to keep it from ending.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:45 PM   #800
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Nice update on your horrible trip report, Pat.

We were not pleased with our breakfast at Cape May at all last month...not enough choices, the food wasn't all hot, etc. What was with the woman with the heals in that picture? Wow.

So glad to see you got a parting bathroom shot. Although maybe there is yet one more to come??????
Old 02-11-2013, 09:18 PM   #801
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Ok, I'll take a trip as "horrible" as yours! Even half as horrible.

And remember, it is not the quantity of pictures you have, it's the quality and you have some darned great ones!!!

We enjoyed the Cape May breakfast. Love the colorful beachy attire worn by the characters. But it was so much fun when Chip and Dale were there!

I'm so glad you loved your Beach Club home!
Old 02-11-2013, 09:31 PM   #802
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Those are just like my walking shoes in Disney. Zebra high heals. Stylish and oh so comfy! NOT! I couldn't even stand, let alone walk!

I like crispy bacon too.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:17 PM   #803
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Those are just like my walking shoes in Disney. Zebra high heals. Stylish and oh so comfy! NOT! I couldn't even stand, let alone walk!

I like crispy bacon too.
Maybe I should try !!It would increase the chances of my "torpedoing " again!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 02-12-2013, 09:38 AM   #804
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Awww that's a great reason for the title! You relaxed Your report was great, not slack on details at all!
Looks like a really great breakfast. I didn't know they had a character breakfast (in beach wear!) at Cape May! Cool!

Quote:
Some of the food on my first plate. Cant go wrong with bacon but I struggle to find some as .... well done ( burnt ) as I like it.
I also like my bacon burnt. I rarely eat bacon that I didn't cook myself because it's always underdone for me!
Old 02-12-2013, 02:12 PM   #805
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:

OMG - these shoes are so awesome! Love them! How the heck did you manage to get that shot without her noticing?

I can relate to the "I have DVC and I can come back when I want" feeling. It's a great feeling and it does make you approach the whole trip in a different manner. I swear I only take as many pictures as I do so I can write a decent TR.

I loved your trip. I didn't realize this was your first trip home to the BC. Very nice!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 02-12-2013, 02:53 PM   #806
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

LOVE your TR Pat! Wonder what's left? A stop for a special souvenir or gift?

I agree with Mary Ellen - I take more pictures now to share on TRs!! Especially food, it helps me remember what we ate so I can recommend things to others.
Although I think MEK is not totally truthful - this is the woman who takes 200 pictures of a castle in one sitting. I think she loves photography too much to not take them, even if there's not a TR waiting in the wings!!

We ate breakfast at Cape May in July 2010, and thought it was okay. Nothing too special either. I'd like to try dinner there - I hear they have a lot of seafood. I could go for that!
Old 02-12-2013, 04:40 PM   #807
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Quote:

I donít think she was part of the group by I had to get this shot.

i know those are some sweet white Nike Shox arent they, they look pretty comfy.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 02-12-2013, 08:14 PM   #808
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
even though you didnt have a ton of pics you still sound like you had a blast just going a adifferent speed and having fun and no worries.
It was a great trip. I knew with the heat I would have to take a break but I actually looked forward to the breaks and generally just taking it slow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Aw, you did a fine job telling the story even if you didn't have as many pictures as you'd hoped. And it sounds like it was a very relaxing vacation...that's the goal, right?

Judy has been making quinoa lately. It's kind of like couscous, not bad.

Funny that you said 'stall' after a bathroom picture.
Well thanks. I know I had some great meals but by now I have no idea what I had and of course have no pictures to help me remember.

I have been a little scared of the quinoa. Maybe I should give it a try.
Usually anything suppoed to be good for you .....I end being allergic to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
I agree !!I love dinner at CP, have not done breakfast yet !!! 1 TS has to be RR in October for Carol!!!!She would never forgive me if no RR!!

He might surprise us !! I mean he told Patty he had a "BALL"!!
CP needs to go back on my list for a meal soon.
Maybe that was Roy having a "ball"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
I really enjoyed your vacation! It would have been better if I went along, oh well.

Where did you get that cute dress? It appears to be a Disney dress, am I right?
The more the merrier right??

That is a Disney dress. Found it in the American adventure. Very comfy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Looks like you snuck a couple of updates in on me when I wasn't looking!

I'm very glad the trip wasn't actually horrible, and that you had that whole DVC Zen thing going.

But I know that last walk out the door is still hard. Someday we'll figure out how to keep it from ending.
This is moving so slowly, I figure some people might have just forgotten about it.
The DVC zen hit me hard. The first DVC trip was more hectic with a resort change and the allergic reaction and crowds not to mention being at two resort for the first time, so this was like coming home.

I was very lucky this fall and winter I walked out and back in almost every month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Nice update on your horrible trip report, Pat.

We were not pleased with our breakfast at Cape May at all last month...not enough choices, the food wasn't all hot, etc. What was with the woman with the heals in that picture? Wow.

So glad to see you got a parting bathroom shot. Although maybe there is yet one more to come??????
Thanks and Cape May for me was nice and I don't remember anything being wrong like cold food and the service was good, it just didn't stand out for me this trip.
My standout meal actually came from the Captain's grille that trip. Really great chef that was able to deal easily with my allergies and still get me what I wanted.

Those heels really caught my attention!

A little bit more - and maybe one more bathroom....
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK
Can't wait to go back
Old 02-12-2013, 09:35 PM   #809
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Ok, I'll take a trip as "horrible" as yours! Even half as horrible.

And remember, it is not the quantity of pictures you have, it's the quality and you have some darned great ones!!!

We enjoyed the Cape May breakfast. Love the colorful beachy attire worn by the characters. But it was so much fun when Chip and Dale were there!

I'm so glad you loved your Beach Club home!
I would love another "horrible" trip like that. I can fix the horrible .... or can at least plan to.

Thanks for the compliment. I feel that I am used to my camera now and have learned how to use it somewhat.

Cape May was good character interaction, and from what I remember it was good just nothing outstanding.

Chip and Dale usually put on show. Too bad they are not still there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post

I like crispy bacon too.
I could not imagine wearing those shoes. My feet hurt even in sneakers after a few days.

Crispy bacon ... can't be too burnt for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Maybe I should try !!It would increase the chances of my "torpedoing " again!!!

I would be joining you in torpedoing!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Awww that's a great reason for the title! You relaxed Your report was great, not slack on details at all!
Looks like a really great breakfast. I didn't know they had a character breakfast (in beach wear!) at Cape May! Cool!

I also like my bacon burnt. I rarely eat bacon that I didn't cook myself because it's always underdone for me!

Thanks for the compliment. I just felt there were so many times that I just did not take ANY pictures that it might be hard to fill in the gaps.

Cape May breakfast is Minnie, Donald and Goofy in their beachwear. It was a fun breakfast. Just never made it to the must do list for every trip.

Burnt bacon - that's how I like it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
OMG - these shoes are so awesome! Love them! How the heck did you manage to get that shot without her noticing?

I can relate to the "I have DVC and I can come back when I want" feeling. It's a great feeling and it does make you approach the whole trip in a different manner. I swear I only take as many pictures as I do so I can write a decent TR.

I loved your trip. I didn't realize this was your first trip home to the BC. Very nice!

I have a great zoom lens remember?

I do use my camera and the time stamp for a lot of reasons, and mostly for the trip report. This time lots of gaps, no pictures of all the components of the whole meal. Yeesh I would remember way too late. Nobody wants a picture of an empty plate.

This was the first time at BCV. I had stayed at BC before, and had a DVC stay before but not a BCV DVC stay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
LOVE your TR Pat! Wonder what's left? A stop for a special souvenir or gift?

I agree with Mary Ellen - I take more pictures now to share on TRs!! Especially food, it helps me remember what we ate so I can recommend things to others.
Although I think MEK is not totally truthful - this is the woman who takes 200 pictures of a castle in one sitting. I think she loves photography too much to not take them, even if there's not a TR waiting in the wings!!

We ate breakfast at Cape May in July 2010, and thought it was okay. Nothing too special either. I'd like to try dinner there - I hear they have a lot of seafood. I could go for that!
Thanks. Yup more more spot before I head north. Something at the time new and not seen up close yet.

I have usually taken more pictures as time stamps or meals and "virtual shopping". Helps me remember and I dont have to rely heavily on the notes I usually dont take.

Having watched MEK in action I understand. I take many shots of the same thing to just to get that perfect shot. You can only see so much in the tiny viewfinder and well since it digital no additional cost for additional shots.

It also passes the time when waiting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
i know those are some sweet white Nike Shox arent they, they look pretty comfy.
I wonder if they are together?
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK
Can't wait to go back
Old 02-13-2013, 09:49 PM   #810
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

What a terrible, horrible trip! And you've done a fine job of reporting on it! No worries, we've all seen all the sites, it's fun to see some of the smaller details
that you've captured.

I really like those heels! They are fun! But at Disney?! Ouch!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: